Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Reshma RaoYour feedback matters!
I had vaginal discharge with blood since last two months. It was very less in amount. But this time from 10th day of my period I observed that the amount of discharge as well as blood attached to it more. It's 14th day since my period came. And I am still having discharge with blood. I am unmarried.
I am 23 years old, I am trying to get conceive for the last 3 months but I am unable to. My vagina is not getting enlarged while he is trying to insert his penis. We tried doing Fingering action also. Please suggest me some solution to get conceive soon.
Last month I had my periods on Feb 19 but this month still my periods have not come and I had my sexual at Feb 28 will this leads to pregnancy ?
Hello doctors, I have a severe burning pain in left side of abdomen during period. And the pain remains upto few days after period too. I have pcos too. Seen gyno. Had antibiotics but after one month or so the pain is back again. What could be the possible reason for the pain. As I am trying for baby. I am worried this may not create problems in my pregnancy. Pls advice.
According to most experts, Depression and Diabetes have been intricately connected in a vicious cycle. While the prolonged and sustaining nature of diabetes directly makes one vulnerable to the bouts of depression, doctors tend to locate traces of depression in the family history of an individual in order to diagnose the roots of diabetes. It won't be too far-fetched to state that both causes as well as affects the other.
If you have diabetes, either type 1 or type 2, you have an increased risk of developing depression. And if you're depressed, you may have a greater chance of developing type 2 diabetes. The good news is that diabetes and depression can be treated together. And effectively managing one can have a positive effect on the other.
How Diabetes and Depression Correlated?
There are myriad ways in which diabetes affects depression and vice versa.
Firstly, tackling such a long drawn disease and its various pitfalls might cause a lot of anxiety to one and lead to depression. Whereas on the other hand, depression reduces the zeal to live and thus results in poor lifestyle choices which in turn causes weight gain, unhealthy food habits, physical inactivity. As we are well aware, all these have the potential to wreak havoc for any patient of diabetes.
Similarly, diabetes ushers in various other health complications, adversely impacting one's productivity. This may cause depression in a lot of people.
On the flipside, depression impedes one's ability and enthusiasm to work or communicate, this in turn intervenes with one's monitoring of diabetes. Since these two extremely malevolent diseases have such close connections, medical science recommends ways to grapple with both. The rigors of managing diabetes can be stressful and lead to symptoms of depression.
Diabetes can cause complications and health problems that may worsen symptoms of depression.
Depression affects your ability to perform tasks, communicate and think clearly. This can interfere with your ability to successfully manage diabetes.
Treatment: Depression is just like any other illness, it can be treated. Treatment can lift the depression and improve diabetes control.
Looking after your diabetes will help decrease the risk of getting depression. If you already have depression, good diabetes management will help lessen the negative impacts it can have. Depression is no different to any of the other complication of diabetes. It is a genuine illness for which you need to seek help and support from health professionals.
The treatment for depression and diabetes involves a coordinated approach that monitors both diabetes control and the symptoms of depression. It is about finding the treatment that works best for each person. For example, people with diabetes and mild depression may find that regular physical activity improves depressed moods and also helps control blood glucose levels.
If you suspect you might have depression, take control of your health by:
- Going to a doctor or other health professional
- Getting involved in social activities
- Engaging in regular moderate physical activity
- Learning about depression and diabetes
- Very particular about medicines prescribed for Diabetes
- Eating healthily and including a wide variety of nutritious foods
- Achieving and maintaining healthy weight
- Limiting your alcohol intake
- Getting help, support and encouragement from family and friends
- Asking your doctor to check your blood pressure, cholesterol and blood glucose levels If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Kindly guide me (62 years Hale and healthy) to have a safe sex in my wife's ass just for a change. Moreover I have not so far tried for this kind of sex action with my wife. Is right and safe? Pl advise.
I have a oily scalp if I am not wash it within two days and this time too much hairfall. So prescribe me something that suit me and never com back dandruff and hairfall. Another thing I have already get treatment from skin do doctor when I found pcod in reports so Dr. Prescribed me Yasmin then it will cure. But after some time I got allergy on my skin with white pimple so prescribe me doxil 100 and benoxile oxide 2.5%. This help me to cure but now I got a scar and irregular skin so give me such medicine which help to fill tissue naturally ad skin become again smooth.
I am 36. Have a 8 year old kid. I have a regular cycle. I had unprotected sex with my husband on the 6th day. Please let me know if that is the safe period.
Something white white like ovum is releasing from my vagina. Continuously from 3 days. What should I do ?
Do I need to take an I pill if I had unprotected sex with my bf just before 3 days of my scheduled periods I had my previous periods on 20th june and I had sex on 16th july. M I safe?
I have 4-5 times sex with my boyfriend. Now my marriage final with someone else. He is also good. Pl guide me. Is their any problem
I had sexual relation with my fiancee from (Thursday - Sunday) though I took a contraceptive pill called postponed 72 on Sunday evening. He didn't finish in me. Ever since that I have frequent tendency of urination though just a droplet falls and I have ticklish feel at my vagina After four days of taking the pill I bleed very lightly and it was not periods. I am all confused. Please help me please.
Am 23old female am married I have thyroid from past 5yrs am not able 2 conceive d percent wat I should please tell me.
Hey. I did sex with my girlfriend on 3rd day of her period and ejaculated outside ,and sex without condom and its benn 1 month 5 days and she didn't get her periods back. Is there any chance of pregnancy?
Dear Dr. Meri wife ko abhi 9 month (36) suru ho giya hai. Tu os ki sonography mai aiya hai ki uterus mai pani thora kaam hai so 10 days yeh pani baad giya tu theek werna bachai ki delivery operation kai thorough hogi. So Dr. kiya es condition mai normal delivery nhi hogi kiya. Plzzz yeh bata dijia kiyon ki meri waif operation sai kafi darti hai.
6 Reasons Pre-marital Counselling is Crucial for Indian Couples
A study published in the Journal of Family Psychology reveals that couples who opt for pre-marital counselling experience higher levels of conjugal satisfaction than couples who don’t go for it. Moreover, these couples, experience a 30% drop in the possibility of divorce over a 5-year period.
Pre-marital counselling is a wise choice as it can help you and your partner to better understand the dynamics of your relationship and build the foundation of a happy future together.
A pre-marital counselling helps you with the following factors-
- Hygiene: Apart from stressing on the importance of personal health and hygiene, you would also hear a gynaecologist, emphasizing on the significance of sexual hygiene for a problem-free married life. While preventing infections that may affect your reproductive system, maintaining sexual hygiene can also significantly elevate the overall hygiene levels of your entire body.
- Sex: Pre-marital sex counselling is essential as it helps to fill in the gaps in your knowledge of sex. During your consultation with a gynaecologist, you can expect to receive information about the male and female anatomy as well as about the actual act. Even thoughts like “sex can be painful” get addressed during the counselling.
- Contraceptives: Counselling sessions with a gynaecologist can also help you in getting your facts right about pregnancy. He or she could guide you on how to work out safe and unsafe days to have sex; talk to you about contraceptive methods; and best family planning practices.
- Folic acid for pregnancy: During a counselling session, you can expect to be encouraged by a gynaecologist to have Vitamin B (folic acid) before and during your pregnancy to avert birth defects in the brain and spinal cord of your potential offspring.
- Vaccines: Opting for a counselling session before marriage can help you to learn about vaccines that will protect you against cervical cancer (cancer of the cervix caused mainly by HPV- a virus) and rubella (a disease caused by the rubella virus, which can cause miscarriage, birth defects and stillbirth).
- Medical investigations: You should also expect investigations based on the following tests-
- Complete blood count test: The aim of this test is to assess your overall health and identify a range of disorders such as anaemia, leukaemia, and infection to name a few.
- Fasting/blood sugar test: The test is performed to diagnose diabetes. A fasting blood glucose level of less than 100mg/dl is considered normal.
- Thyroid stimulating hormone test: This test is taken to check for problems in the thyroid gland.
- Rubella test: It is used to identify antibodies that are formed in the blood, as a result of immunisation or the rubella infection.
- HPLC (high performance liquid chromatography): The test is performed to determine Thalassemia.
- Urine microscopy: The test helps in determining the condition of your urinary tract and kidney. It identifies injury, presence of disease or inflammation of these areas. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychologist.