Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Reshma RaoYour feedback matters!
Every packet of cigarette comes with the warning 'Smoking is injurious to health'. With every national budget plan, the prices of nicotine based additives are hiked. Yet, you cannot quit smoking because you find it extremely difficult to resist the nicotine urge. Ayurveda says that the root cause of addiction is mental stress due to one of the 3 Doshas that are Vata, Pitta, Kapha. People try to terminate them through temporary, addictive methods rather than a bit more natural, holistic methods. Here's how it can be easier for you to quit smoking by adopting Ayurvedic remedies.
- Drink adequate amount of water, especially from a copper vessel. This helps to accumulate the wastes and release them.
- Perform the Neti Kriya (inhaling saline water through one nostril and releasing it through the other and then reversing the procedure).
- Performing the Bhastrika Pranayama twice every day, both in the morning and at night.
- Consume 3 tablets or 1 teaspoon of triphala everyday before going to bed, to eliminate the deposited nicotine tar in your system.
- Consumption of a measured mixture of ashwagandha, bala, shatavari and ginseng every day, or a chyawanprash containing these help in detoxification.
Changes in diet:
- Avoid consumption of alcohol and other addictive drugs, such as coffee, sugar, etc. because they increase the urge to smoke.
- Decrease intake of fatty foods because your metabolism rate is lower than at most other times, so you might risk gaining weight during this period.
- Try a vegetarian diet because it increases the Sattvik quality of your mind. Every fresh food item contains prana or life which rejuvenates both your body and mind.
- Chew anti-nicotine gums or suck on cinnamon sticks which curb your urge to smoke.
- Keep eating low-calorie food items like carrots, apples or celery.
- Incorporating regular exercise in your routine may help you to quit smoking more easily. It controls weight gain, which is a side-effect of quitting, and also offers you a fit and healthy lifestyle.
- Meditating and doing yoga regularly helps in relaxing your mind. Yogic postures like Sabasan help attain internal peace and divert your mind from craving to smoke.
Besides these techniques, there are various other ways like taking help from a professional ayurvedic counselor, which will help you quit smoking, socializing with friends or spending quality time with your family, will keep your mind diverted from the stress of quitting.
Related Tip: "Effects of Smoking on Sexual Health"
I am 8 month pregnant and facing burning sensation in upper abdomen. Can you suggest the reason for the same.
I didn't get my periods from past 15 days. I used tablet to postpone my periods last month. But even this month also I am suffering. Please suggest medicine to take.
What r the causes of less flow during menstrual cycle, does it because of less endometrium thickness. If yes then how it can be cured.
A 30 year old female patient has persistent swelling in both arms and both legs since past 6 months. The reason for this problem is not yet known. It is also not known which line of doctors needs to be consulted in this regard. Earlier she complaint about trembling in hands, fainting for 15 to 60 minutes, which is not repeating now. She also suffered low blood pressure occasionally. Want to know the right treatment for the problem. CBC, LFT, KFT tests are found to be normal and the cause of swelling in both arms and legs remain undiagnosed.
During sex a white liquid released. Is it common in girls or not? If any girl does nt release white liquid then is ther any problem with her or not?
Recently I had sex for the first time with my boyfriend with all protection. But I'm not having my periods now. I didn't remember the actual date like when my periods should happen. Is there a chance that I might be pregnant. Please help me!
I am 49 year old from last 3 years suffering with irregular periods and two or three time with havy bleeding, continues back pain. In 3 CT scan, and many ultrasound there is no stone and fibrodes issue, finally doctors find my uterus is enlarge, and decided to strepny. But I am not understand taking many medicines from last one year my bleeding is not stop, still I have bleeding with back pain, In this tenure I got two time D&C, and Two time biopsy, report is normal. Today I am confuse. Need good doctor with good diagnose.
My wife is 10 weeks pregnant. She is having heavy morning sickness along with gas problem. Whatever she eats or drinks she just vomit every thing. Kindly help.
Hello doctor, it's been 2 and a half month I had my periods. Me and my hubby are trying to convince. From last 6 days getting spots brown & red. Urine test are negative. Please advice.
I'm writing this for my friend. She had unprotected sex with her boyfriend 3 times in last one month (27 days to be exact). She didn't get periods after that. She tried the pregnancy kit test and the results showed negative. But she is still worried of getting pregnant. What should be done regarding this. Is mifepristone tablet be used now to avoid pregnancy. If this tablet is not adequate please suggest a tablet other than this. She is 21 years old.
Can a A (+ve) Blood Group Man Marry With an O (-ve) Blood Group Woman & Spend a Happy Married Life in Terms of Family Planning? What Types of Obstacles Can Be Face? Any Overcome Remedy?
My wife missed period by 6-10 dys many times and then again menstruation start. We expect it was pregnancy. Earlier we have undergone medical test too everything was normal kindly suggest.
My girlfriend has PCOS and she is on ocp pills. Do I need to use any other contraceptive when having sex?
My wife is 23 years old and pregnant now. There is a myth that says if belly line is straight from above belly button till abdomen, then its time to deliver the baby. How far is that true. Please suggest. Thank you.
Sir, some stones are showing in my ureter and sizes are from 3mm to 7.5mm. Pl, sugest me how it can be cureable.
I had unprotected sex with my husband and taken ipill next morning. Nothing happened that moment. I got my period on time but it lasted for approx 12 days and got white liquid discharge for few days with pain in Breast including mood swings, nausea. There were blood clots as well. But now everything is fine and my dates are again on time this time. 1) Do I need to visit gynecologist now? 2) And does it mean I was pregnant that time? 3.)Please also tell me will there be any issue in my pregnancy ever as I have taken 2 ipill till now in past 6 months?(I am married since 6 months only)
The trouble with recovering from most illnesses is that we begin to treat the illness too late. Although you cannot expect your body to announce the arrival of a virus, recognizing the signs of falling sick can help treat it earlier. For example, if you can't stop sneezing and can feel the onset of the flu, getting some extra sleep may make you feel better. Here are a few signs that can predict an illness
- Reduced appetite - A slight decrease in appetite during the summer is normal but if the sight of food makes you nauseous or you stop enjoying your food, it may be a sign of an oncoming illness. These illnesses could range from a simple cold to gastroenteritis or strep throat. A diminishing diet can be a result of the production of cytokines by the body as part of its inflammatory response to infections. Lesser food takes lesser time to digest thereby using lesser calories and diverting energy towards fighting the infection.
- Swollen neck glands - Feel your neck glands, just below the jawbone to check for infections. Swollen neck glands are the body's way of letting you know that you may be falling ill. These are usually a sign of ear infections, cold, dental problems or skin infections. Neck glands are storehouses for white blood cells. When these are activated into fighting infections, the collection of dead cells, bacteria etc result in swollen neck glands.
- Fatigue - There's a difference between being tired at the end of a long day and being exhausted throughout the day. The latter is a way your body is telling you to slow down and conserve energy to fight an oncoming illness.
- Muscle aches - Aching muscles can also be a sign of the oncoming flu. One of the main reasons for this is the body's production of antibodies that release histamines and cytokines in the bloodstream. When these travel to various muscles, they can trigger pain receptors leading to body aches.
- Low fever - The ideal body temperature is 98.7 degrees. If you have a higher temperature that persists for a few days, you may be coming down with an infection. Fever is your body's way of fighting infection by raising its internal temperature. A low fever is a sign of colds, allergies, and even stomach infections.
There is a fine line between being a hypochondriac and recognizing signs of falling sick. To differentiate between the two, pay attention to the type, duration, and intensity of symptoms. If you feel like you're on the verge of falling sick, rest your body and take some multivitamins. If you experience a sudden or severe change in symptoms, consult a doctor immediately.
Related Tip: 4 Ways to Never Fall Sick at Season Change