Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Hello doctors, I am 13 weeks pregnant. Everything sounds great just one thing on my mind. What is transverse oblique lie with head down to left side? This statement is confusing me. Someone told its because I am having twins and radiodiagnostic doesn't notice the another baby? Is it possible? Transverse oblique lie only happens in case of twins?
I had miscarriage on 4 months back now I am pregnent is there any chances of risk and what are the things I need to take to take of care of this pregnency. Need I require bed rest for now. Please suggest. Thanks,
1. A healthy diet will help ensure your body is getting the nutrition it needs, and will help you maintain a healthy weight.
2. People who are overweight or obese are at an increased risk for certain health problems such as heart disease, diabetes, high blood pressure and stroke.
3. Your weight is directly affected by your diet and physical activity, and the food you eat greatly affects your body and how blood flows through your heart and arteries.
4. High fat and high cholesterol diets can cause a buildup of plaque in your arteries. A blockage in a heart artery can cause a heart attack just as a blockage in your brain can cause a stroke.
5. A healthy diet will help prevent buildup in your arteries and blood vessels and reduce your risk of acquiring weight-related health problems.
I am 43 years old female. I had 4 miscarriages in the past, the last being in May 2015. DnC done on all cases. I have a fibroid as well but not disturbing me (except during pregnancy). In 2014 post my 3rd miscarriage, I was diagnosed with borderline hypothyroidism (i had a daily dosage of Thyroxine 25 mg). But in Jan 2015, the doc said my problem has been'corrected for life I feel alright now. But I have a swelling behind my left ear and on the left shoulder blade. Kind of glands. Is there anything I should worry about?
Hello doctor. I had medicine for postponing my periods. Near about for 10 days in february. I was expecting my periods on 19 but I came on 27 of march. First 2 days it was normal but 5, 6 and 7th day it was more than usual. Now I have missed my date and still have not got periods. Please suggest me what to do. Thank you.
In most cases, you can easily blame excess hair on your face on your hormones. Male hormones called androgens are responsible for the development of certain 'manly' features like deepening of voice or production of sperm. And the one hormone behind all this is called testosterone. But women produce testosterone too, albeit in smaller quantities. If, for some reason, this hormone level increases in women, it leads to increased sex drive, irregular menstrual cycle and yes, excessive facial and body hair.
One of the main causes of high levels of male sex hormones in premenopausal women is polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS), a condition which causes cysts to grow around the edge of the ovaries (the organs which produce eggs and sex hormones). PCOS also results in excessive hair growth, acne and weight gain. Some women are stuck with this condition in the post menopause stage too, when the hormonal imbalance fails to rectify itself after menopause has passed.
Besides blaming it all on the hormones, here are some other causes you should know about:
- Blame your genes for cushing's syndrome or acromegaly as they are rare hormonal disorders and ovary tumors and they too can a cause of such a condition. However, cosmetic remedies are enough to get rid of unwanted or excess hair. So you may not have to go out of your way to handle this problem unless you have a special case.
- Being obese (weight gain is a side effect of PCOS too, so this is a slightly tricky one)
Most cases can be treated with:
- Waxing: This is a pretty much standard procedure
- Bleaching: Can work for areas you don't want to shave
- Hair removal creams: Try and test out to see which one suits you
- Shaving: Not the most womanly thing to do, but it is quick and easy. Mind the stubble between the shaves
- Laser treatment: A powerful beam of single color light is used to destroy the hair from its root