Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. ReshmaYour feedback matters!
Natural Ways to Increase Your Testotorone
1. Lose Weight If you're overweight, shedding the excess pounds may increase your testosterone level. Overweight men are more likely to have low testosterone levels to begin with. If you are serious about losing weight, you have got to strictly limit the amount of processed sugar in your diet, as evidence is mounting that excess sugar, and fructose in particular, is the primary driving factor in the obesity epidemic. So cutting soda from your diet is essential, as is limiting fructose found in processed foods, fruit juice, excessive fruit and so-called "healthy" sweeteners. Ideally you should keep your total fructose consumption below 25 grams per day and this includes fruits. This is especially true if you have insulin resistance and are overweight, have high blood pressure, diabetes or high cholesterol.In addition to eliminating or severely limiting fructose, it will be vital to eliminate all grains and milk in your diet. Milk has a sugar called lactose, which has been shown to increase insulin resistance so it will be wise to avoid it if you are seeking to lose weight.Refined carbohydrates like breakfast cereals, bagels, waffles, pretzels, and most other processed foods also quickly break down to sugar, increase your insulin levels, and cause insulin resistance, which is the number one underlying factor of nearly every chronic disease and condition known to man, including weight gain.As you cut these dietary troublemakers from your meals, you need to replace them with healthy substitutes like vegetables and healthy fats. Your body prefers the carbohydrates in micronutrient-dense vegetables rather than grains and sugars because it slows the conversion to simple sugars like glucose, and decreases your insulin level. When you cut grains and sugar from your meals, you typically will need to radically increase the amount of vegetables you eat, as well as make sure you are also consuming protein and healthy fats regularly.The foods you choose to eat will be the driving force behind successfully achieving your weight loss goals -- high-intensity, short-burst-type exercises, two to three times per week, combined with a comprehensive fitness plan, is important too, and has an additional benefit as well
2. Both intermittent fasting and short intense exercise have been shown to boost testosterone.Short intense exercise has a proven positive effect on increasing testosterone levels and preventing its decline. Intermittent fasting boosts testosterone by increasing the expression of satiety hormones including insulin, leptin, adiponectin, glucagon-like peptide-1 (GLP-1), colecystokinin (CKK) and melanocortins, all of which are known to potentiate healthy testosterone actions, increase libido and prevent age-related testosterone decline.Having a whey protein meal after exercise can further enhance the satiety/testosterone-boosting.
.3. Consume Plenty of Zinc the mineral zinc is important for testosterone production, and supplementing your diet for as little as six weeks has been shown to cause a marked improvement in testosterone among men with low levels. Likewise, research has shown that restricting dietary sources of zinc leads to a significant decrease in testosterone, while zinc supplementation increases itmand even protects men from exercised-induced reductions in testosterone levels. It's estimated that up to 45 percent of adults over the age of 60 may have lower than recommended zinc intakes. Your diet is the best source of zinc; along with protein-rich foods like meats and fish, other good dietary sources of zinc include raw milk, raw cheese, beans, and yogurt or kefir made from raw milk. It can be difficult to obtain enough dietary zinc if you're a vegetarian, and also for meat-eaters as well, largely because of conventional farming methods that rely heavily on chemical fertilizers and pesticides. Taking too much zinc can interfere with your body's ability to absorb other minerals, especially copper, and may cause nausea as a side effect.
4. Strength TrainingIn addition to Peak Fitness, strength training is also known to boost testosterone levels, provided you are doing so intensely enough. When strength training to boost testosterone, you'll want to increase the weight and lower your number of reps, and then focus on exercises that work a large number of muscles, such as dead lifts or squats.
5. Optimize Your Vitamin D LevelsVitamin D, a steroid hormone, is essential for the healthy development of the nucleus of the sperm cell, and helps maintain semen quality and sperm count. Vitamin D also increases levels of testosterone, which may boost libido. In one study, overweight men who were given vitamin D supplements had a significant increase in testosterone levels after one year.
6.D deficiency is currently at epidemic proportions in the United States and many other regions around the world, largely because people do not spend enough time in the sun to facilitate this important process of vitamin D production.So the first step to ensuring you are receiving all the benefits of vitamin D is to find out what your levels are using, more recently the optimal vitamin D level has been raised to 50-70 ng/ml.To get your levels into the healthy range, sun exposure is the BEST way to optimize your vitamin D levels; exposing a large amount of your skin until it turns the lightest shade of pink, at dusk or dawn is typically necessary to achieve adequate vitamin D. As a last resort, a vitamin D3 supplement can be taken orally, but research suggests the average adult needs to take 8,000 IU's of vitamin D per day in order to elevate their levels above 40 ng/ml, which is the absolute minimum for disease prevention.
6. Reduce StressWhen you're under a lot of stress, your body releases high levels of the stress hormone cortisol. This hormone actually blocks the effects of testosterone, presumably because, from a biological standpoint, testosterone-associated behaviors (mating, competing, aggression) may have lowered your chances of survival in an emergency (hence, the "fight or flight" response is dominant, courtesy of cortisol).In the modern world, chronic stress, and subsequently elevated levels of cortisol, could mean that testosterone's effects are blocked in the long term, which is what you want to avoid.My favorite overall tool to manage stress i It's a handy, Other common stress-reduction tools with a high success rate include prayer, meditation, laughter and yoga, for example. Learning relaxation skills, such as deep breathing and positive visualization, which is the "language" of the subconscious.When you create a visual image of how you'd like to feel, your subconscious will understand and begin to help you by making the needed biochemical and neurological changes.
7. Limit or Eliminate Sugar from Your DietTestosterone levels decrease after you eat sugar, which is likely because the sugar leads to a high insulin level, another factor leading to low testosterone. Based on estimates, an average person consumes 12 teaspoons of sugar a day, which equates to about TWO TONS of sugar during a lifetime.Why we eat this much sugar is not difficult to understand -- it tastes good, and it gives us pleasure by triggering an innate process in your brain via dopamine and opioid signals. most people stand to reap major improvements in their health by cutting back on, or eliminating, sugar altogether from their diets. Remember foods that contain added sugar and fructose, as well as grains like bread and pasta, should all be limited.If you're struggling with sugar addiction and having trouble dealing with cravings, try psychotherapy.
8. Eat Healthy FatsBy healthy, this means not only mon- and polyunsaturated fats, like that found in avocadoes and nuts, but also saturated, as these are essential for building testosterone.
9.The ideal diet includes somewhere between 50-70 percent fat.It's important to understand that your body requires saturated fats from animal and vegetable sources (such as meat, dairy, certain oils, and tropical plants like coconut) for optimal functioning, and if you neglect this important food group in favor of sugar, grains and other starchy carbs, your health and weight are almost guaranteed to suffer.
Hi. I am 22 years old female. I had regular periods till last month. This month it is 13 days late. But I am having blood spotting for every two or three days. Can you please give me a solution for this?
I m 28 yrs old married women. At 5 days suffering white discharge, like curd from vagina.And redness.Burning also.Plz help me
Hi, I am 18 years old and I have swelling in my vagina please suggest something actually m doing masturbation.
Hi my name is Anil Singh. My wife's abortion has been done today. When she can get pregnant again. How much time it will take.
Dear sir/mam I m male 26 married since last 10 months and my wife is female23 we are planning to have a baby and I we don't know actual time to have relation ship. We are having physical relationship from 5th day of period to next cycle/next month. Pls help or guide me if we are wrong.
Wanted to know the best birth control pill to be used & I am suffering from PCos irregular cycle. For how many cycles should I use.
I had periods on 28th of jan which lasts 1st of feb but now I had periods on 9th feb what should I do and what is the cause?
Hai, my sister she was 7 months pregnant in th month when we went for check up we have seen that her sugar levels was raised ,for confirmation glucose tolerance test was advised ,in this it was confirmed .so doctor advised to consult dietician and dietician .so my question will there is chance to control sugar level would baby have any problem, would birth will be healthy generally it is gestational diabetes ,aftr giving birth diabetes will control in mom.
I am 22 years old. Just before 3 months got married. Still I couldn't have sex. If my husband inserts his pennis on my vagina its paining a lot. Because of this pain I couldn't allow him even. And this month periods came about 12 days and within 4 days gap periods came again for 10 days. What should I do now ?
Related to sex .online aata hai ki sighrapatan ki samasya ho to wife se pahli brr sex krne se pahle hasthmethun krna chaiye .mujhe puchna hai ki hastmaithun krne se to bahut time se jama sperm to bahar nikal jayega to wife ke sath sex krne se pahle wo kre to jab sex karenge tb sperm kam nhi padega kya?
I am 27 yrs old. I have irregular period problem after my delivery. I fed my child upto 2 yrs. Now he have 2 and 3/4 yrs. What should I do?
Am 40 days pregnant am using unwanted kit for abortion bleeding started from yesterday evening pregnancy is gone or not can I use remaining remain two pills or not please solve my problem.
Hello mam I am 25 years old and I am in a relationship with my husband. Recently during my periods time .1st day I have seen brown blood coming and 2 nd day I have seen red blood and 3rd, 4th and 5th day I have seen brown blood. May I know the reasons and is there any abdomen scanning required before consulting a doctor.
Hi I am 26 years old I got marriage in December 2014 after marriage my periods was irregular cycle changing from 30 to 37 days. We met doctor in the month of June2015 they told me to go for full abdonomial scan. Scan reports showing that bilateral poly cystic overlies. Given folic acid. I started using immediately but from July to tell I didnt get my periods pregnancy test showing negative. What I have to do now, will I get pregnancy.
My boyfriend fingered me. Not soo deep. But I do not know whether he had sperms on his hand or not. If he had, are there chances of getting pregnant? Please give a proper explanation if possible.
Im 35 yrs old I get inserted IUD recently for the third time now I have white discharge after this what shall I do pls clarify.
I.E. POLYCYSTIC OVARIAN DISEASE.
The prevalence of Polycystic Ovarian Disease (PCOD) in the Indian subcontinent is very high and significantly linked to irregular menstrual cycle (1). It is the primary cause of menstrual dysfunction in 75% of women. In the US 21% of pre menopausal women are affected (2).
Symtoms / Blood Reports
The symptoms include amenorrhoea, presence of cyst in ovaries, hirsutism, obesity and infertility (3). Polycystic ovaries are due to incomplete follicular development or failure of ovulation. Women with the syndrome have at least seven times the risk of myocardial infarction and ischaemic heart disease than other women, and by age 40, 40% will have type 2 diabetes or impaired glucose tolerance.
The common cases we see in clinics are often only with amenorrhoea and obesity. The cyst in itself on sonography has multiple follicles.The hormonal levels are frequently normal. Important levels are FSH, LH, DHEAS, Testosterone. The FSH / LH ratio is important.
Why take treatment for PCOD?
There are many reasons why one should seek treatment –
The cysts sometimes grow rapidly and can cause pressure on adjoining organs. They can burst causing acute abdomen and emergency.
They hamper the function of the ovaries and affect menstruation, ovulation etc
They cause sterility and difficulties in conception
They cause hirsutism and obesity
Latest research shows that they may be a pre-diabetic state
WHY HOMOEOPATHY for PCOD?
Though there is some treatment in allopathy for PCOD it is not comprehensive. Intake of hormonal medicines is not advised in young girls.
The cysts are recurrent and hence occur even after operations.
Cases diagnosed early are completely treatable, with sonographies showing complete regression.
Treatment with homeopathic medicines results in ovarian functions returning back to normal.
How does a homeopath view and treat PCOD?
For a homeopath, a cyst is a harmless extra growth in the body. Most of the time these extra growths can be reduced. In others they can be treated so that the functionality is maintained.
The objective of treating PCOD is different according to the age and needs of the patient. In young girls the only objective is to get regular menses. Regular menses also means that ovulation is intact. In elder women the treatment will depend upon the need to conceive. If the woman wants to have a child, then treatment would be prolonged, as we need to make menses regular and ovulation mature. If there is no need to conceive, as she either already has a child and/or does not want more, the objective would only be to get menses regular. Regular menses also means good health and hence treatment should be undertaken.
It is thus important for the homeopath to set objectives for each patient.
The most important medicine that should be a part of treatment is Thuja. Many patients have hypertension or haemorrhagic cysts and Tuberculinum is required. Other remedies indicated .
I WILL DISCUSS REMEDIES IN NEXT TIP.