Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Reshma
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. ReshmaYour feedback matters!
I suffer a lot of pain in my vagina during sex. I am a newly wedded. Doing sex daily. But its so paining. Why its happening. I am so frightened. Pls help me.
I am 19 years old. 7 months ago I have a major surgery of ovarian cyst. Doctor suggested laparoscopy but the cyst leads to major surgery. Am too hormonal if I thought about sex I will get wet I will thought about sex 2 to 3 times a day mostly everyday and the fluid will be in my underwear all the day will it cause any harm to stomach r health. And I do not have enough blood in me and too weak to do anything. And when I pee or bent down stand for too much I am have dull aches near my stitches someone said ts because of my weakness and the pains will go slowly. Please help me.
Many women have mood swings right after childbirth. They can be happy one minute and sad the next. Even when their baby is asleep, they may have difficulty sleeping, eating and feel a little depressed. If these symptoms begin a few days after delivery and go away after 7-10 days without treatment, they are in all likelihood the 'baby blues,' a short-lasting condition that 50-80% of women feel and that usually doesn’t require medical intervention. Clinically diagnosed postpartum depression, however, is another story.
Postpartum depression affects 10-15% of women anytime from a month to a year after childbirth. Women with postpartum depression may feel restless, anxious, sad or depressed. They may have feelings of guilt, decreased energy and motivation, and a sense of worthlessness. They may also have sleep difficulties and undergo unexplained weight loss or gain. Some mothers may worry about hurting themselves or their baby. In extremely rare cases less than 1% of new mothers-women may develop something called postpartum psychosis. It usually occurs within the first few weeks after delivery. Symptoms may include refusing to eat, frantic energy, sleep disturbance, paranoia and irrational thoughts. Women with postpartum psychosis usually need to be hospitalized.
Researchers aren't sure what causes postpartum depression but think that the dramatic shifts in hormone levels during pregnancy and immediately afterward may result in chemical changes in the brain leading to the condition. Childbirth is also a major life change that can create ongoing stress and contribute to depression. The new mom's responsibility for the baby, the household and her work duties upon returning after maternity leave may affect her risk of getting postpartum depression.
The good news is that, like diabetes or heart disease, postpartum depression is an illness that can be successfully treated with medicine and therapy. Women treated with antidepressant medicines and talk therapy usually show marked improvement. Depending on the type of medication they're using, they may be able to continue breastfeeding.
Researchers are making progress in understanding how changing hormone levels and other factors affect the brain after childbirth. They hope to develop better medications for treating postpartum depression by targeting the chemical pathways they're uncovering.
If you suspect that someone you know is suffering from postpartum depression, it's important to show understanding and support during this stressful time to help the new mom avoid the stigma, shame and isolation often associated with postpartum depression.
I am 41, late marriage trying to conceive since 4 years. My egg reserve is low producing just 1 or 2 eggs presently. I also hv issue with my uterine lining it is btwn 6-7.M going for I vf treatment. Got 8 eggs freeze all. Now Dr. will plan transfer very soon. My 1 iui and 2 ivf cycle failed. Is there any other way I can get pregnant soon?
When we have to get the pregnancy period day and she was in this month 18 morning date So kindly reply to the as soon as.
I am 51 years old, at menopausal stage. Sometimes feel hungry even after eating full meal and sometimes don't feel hungry at all because of which my weight gets added easily. I am 80 kgs though I walk everyday for minimum 1 hour a day on week days and 2 hours a day on weekends. I doubt that the weight gain causes knee pain. In addition to that I get knee swelling after every exhaustive day or strenuous work. Please advise.
I am 28 years old married lady. Last year I had 2 misscarages back to back one in March and another in August all tests were done but all were normal except thyroid which was 5.7 last time. Recently I did my tsh which is showing result as 27.35 is it possible what next I should do I was on 75 mg thyroid medicine kindly help.
Ayurveda is a proven ancient life science that has been curing long term and often, debilitating diseases with a focus on methods like Panchakarma (comprising of pre-Panchakarma treatments like snehan oiling of the body with medicated preparations and swedan medicated steam), oral herbal medications and other tweaks in one's lifestyle that can help in combating the symptoms and advent of diseases.
Shirodhara is one of the methods followed by Ayurveda, which is said to stimulate the pituitary gland or 'third eye' that focuses on pouring warm medicated oil or medicinal decoctions on a certain point on one's forehead for a focused form of therapy followed by a relaxing head massage.
Let us find out the various benefits of Shirodhara:
- Awakening: With this method of oil flow, it is said that the 'third eye' or the pituitary gland gets activated to a degree where awakening of the senses takes place in the true form of the term. Hormones secreted from the pituitary gland the master gland of the body, help control growth, blood pressure, certain functions of the sex organs, thyroid glands and metabolism as well as some aspects of pregnancy, childbirth, nursing, water and salt concentration and the kidneys, temperature regulation and pain relief. This encourages overall better health as the organs also respond and function in a better manner.
- Good for Nervous System: This treatment also helps in stimulating and relaxing the right nerves in the right way which restores the balance the Praan Vaayu . So, the cerebral system also works in a better manner and cognition thrives, leading to a good and healthy state of the nervous system.
- Mental Clarity: When there is clear headedness and a proper balance and flow of chemicals within the brain and the various parts of the body, then there is a better state of mental clarity that the patient can achieve. This can be done with the help of shirodhara as it activates the requisite glands which can produce a more favourable and balanced state of mind. As a consequence, the patient will find that the quality of concentration and productivity as far as various tasks are concerned, will also go up by leaps and bounds.
- Treats Hair Loss: This focussed treatment takes on the hair follicles as well, thanks to the concoction of herbs and oils which is allowed to flow on to the scalp. This can help in preventing and repairing hair loss and hair damage to a great extent due to the nourishment and prolonged treatment method with which the oil is allowed to penetrate deep into the scalp and provide good health to the roots.
- Improves Sleep: This form of oilation therapy is also known to help a person sleep better because the mental faculties work better during the day and this restores the natural rhythm of the body by night, when the right amount of fatigue is achieved thanks to the healing properties of this procedure.
Thus, Shirodhara is a wholesome treatment for the body, mind and soul. Practice Shirodhara on a regular basis for good overall health.