Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. ReshmaYour feedback matters!
Oranges are a winter favorite and one of the most loved fruits around the world. The fruit is low in calories, it is good for the skin, the nervous system and the digestive system and it also lowers the risk of many diseases. It can be also included in our diet in several ways- from a morning snack to exotic desserts. Here are a few benefits of oranges:
1. They are good sources of vitamin C - Humans are unable to produce vitamin C endogenously, which is essential for our body and so it needs to be included in your diet. Vitamin C reduces inflammation related to arthritis, muscle injuries and also helps in reducing the risk of heart diseases by blocking the oxidation of cholesterol. Oranges are very rich in vitamin C along with other nutrients like vitamin B9, vitamin A, calcium, and potassium.
2. They are an excellent source of fiber - Fiber-rich fruits like oranges have been proven to moderate the levels of blood sugar after a meal because of their natural sugar- fructose content. For this reason, diabetic patients can also have oranges without worry. Moreover, the roughage present in the fruit reduces chances of constipation and diarrhea.
3. Help prevent cancer - The fiber content in oranges can also play a significant role in keeping cancer-causing chemical components away from the colon. Moreover, vitamin C helps build the immune system so as to resist cancer cells. The antioxidants may also help with breast cancer, skin cancer, stomach cancer and lung cancer.
4. Improves the quality of sperm - A vitamin called folic acid, which is present abundantly in oranges, helps to improve the quality of human sperm and the locomotive abilities. Folic acid also protects the sperm from most kinds of genetic damage.
5. Can prevent loss of hair - Production of collagen, which is one of the most important proteins in our body, is done with the help of vitamins, especially vitamin C. Collagen keeps the tissues in the hair together. So, oranges and other foods rich in vitamin C can help keep a healthy growth of hair even in your old age.
6. Checks the formation of kidney stones - Juice of citrus fruits like orange can increase the pH value of urine and can lead to increased excretion of citric compounds from the body. This reduces the possibility of the formation of calcium oxalate stones in the kidney considerably.
7. Promotes brain development - Vitamin B9 and folic acid keep the brain healthy. The polyphenols in orange help in accelerating the learning and memory functions of the brain and facilitate neurological development in the fetus.
Related Tip: Almond vs. Walnuts - Which nut is best for you??
Hi I was slim before pregnant but after me become pregnant I gained weight and now I completed 5month bi getting cesarean delivery but still my stomach is like 6month pregnant and me gained over weight before I was 50 but now I in 75 kg I am doing diet but also no changes I can not go exercise or walking I have to look my small baby because we are little family so let me any solution please please..
Hi Doctors, me and my wife trying for baby from 1 year but we did not succeed. My sperm report is good. My wife went for hsg test. And according to report her uterus shape is not proper. in report bicornuate uterus is seen. Apart from this everything is normal. My gynecologist not giving any clear treatment picture. Can any one please tell me how uterus will come in proper shape. What will be procedure or treatment for that?
Hi, I am 34 years old lady. I got married 2 years back. My periods are not regular since it started. I was suffering from PCOD as doctor said. I took treatment from various gynaecologist but its not regular till now. Now I am not able to conceive cause I am not aware of unsafe days because of irregularities in my periods. Please suggest.
The stigma attached to sexual health disorders.
Women and men suffer sexual dysfunction in silence, shame, guilt, and ignorance due to the stigma attached to it in many developing countries around the world. Making it more chronic and conditioning it deeper into their minds. They visit quacks and try all kinds of remedies but not science attached to sexual medicince. If only there was adequate sex education in our country a lot many individulas and relationships would be more healthy. There is a wide spread of hiv today and our country is amongst the leaders. As a sexual medicine specialist I would like to urge one and all that it's never too late to reach out and get yourself treated at the right hospital with a certified doctor. Physical, mental and sexual health are the there core elements of life and missing out on one when it is very much treatable is really very sad!
Hello doctor, I have irregular cycle and I have 5 years old baby. I want to get pregnant now what can I do? Please tell me.
Hello sir my cousin is suffering from hypothyroid and her thyroid level is 8.741 and she is taking thyronome 125 mg earlier she was taking 100 mg same medicine but now doctor has suggest to change the medicine and she is gaining weight alot she is suffering it from last 3 years and she has migraine also sometimes she get faint due pain from migraine Please suggest.
Hello. My wife has cyst in rght overy. So ita effects in pregnancy? If yes den ita der medicine to avoid cyst?
I am 12 week pregnant & I am suffering from cold & cough allergic problem doctor prescribed me cetrizine azithromycin 500 mg for 5 days than cefixime with potassium clavilanate 200 mg deflazacort 6 mg for 10 days what should I do should I take these medicines or not.
Eating anything in excess can lead to weight gain, but potatoes in moderation are a great way to stay on track for your weight loss goals. Potatoes are considered starches, which fills up the stomach in the same way as bread or other high-fiber foods, making you feel full and satisfied. The specific type of carbohydrates found in potatoes are also more resistant to digestion, and are not “simple” sugars, so these are instead converted directly to energy, and can boost the metabolism, helping to burn even more calories and keep you in better shape.