Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Renu Lachman VallichaYour feedback matters!
Hello doc im planning for baby and my period is regular and my last month period was started on 21 to 23 so today shall I start intercourse, for how many days or should I go for ovulation kit. Please help me out waiting for your earliest reply. Thank you.
Hi doctor my sister pregnant 4 month of pregnancy swellings leg face hand She present first tym 12 years plzz help?
Hello doctors. I had unprotected sex with my bf which he came inside me last Jan 22 at 10: 30pm. Took 4 nordette as ecp jan 23 @ 4: 30am (6hrs after the deed) as first dose. I vomited at 8am in the morning. Took the 2nd dose at 4: 30pm and another 4pills jan 24 at 2pm. Total of 12 pills. I've been sick and nauseous and dizzy and tried no to vomit. My last period was Dec 27. I am normally late by a weeks sometimes. I'm scared. Will the ecp works?
The word metabolism is the manner in which food is processed and used by the body. Metabolic syndrome is a group of conditions, which are caused due to altered metabolism. They increase the chance of developing chronic conditions like heart disease, stroke, diabetes and obesity in a person.
When a person has one of these, it puts them at a higher risk of developing metabolic syndrome. However, lifestyle changes can help the onset of metabolic syndrome and reduce the gravity of the situation.
Factors that put you at risk of contracting a metabolic syndrome
There are 5 major risk factors, which can indicate if a person would develop a metabolic syndrome.
Increased blood sugar: If the fasting blood sugar is consistently high, it could be the early indication of diabetes.
Increased blood pressure: When the heart constantly exerts pressure to pump blood through the arteries, it can be damaging in the long run.
Excessive fat around the waistline: Fat around the belly (pear shaped body) is more harmful than fat around the hips. This abdominal obesity is an indicator of metabolic syndrome.
Abnormal cholesterol level: There are good and bad cholesterols (HDL and LDL respectively). When the HDL level is low, the chances of the heart to build plaque are increased, which can lead to heart failure, stroke, etc.
High level of triglyceride: Increased triglyceride levels also put one at a higher risk of developing metabolic syndrome.
Complications: Some of the complications of having a metabolic syndrome include hypertension, diabetes, stroke, heart failure and fatty liver. It is a complicated and vicious cycle where there is increased pressure on all the vital organs, but they are unable to perform to their optimal levels. There is a narrowing of the blood vessels due to the plaque accumulation, which slows blood flow to all organs leading to the sluggishness of the whole system.
While the bad news is that metabolic syndrome is on the rise with changing lifestyles, the good news is that with some planning and effort, it can be prevented and severity reduced. It requires discipline, commitment, and dedication.
1. Diet: Eating healthy with more of whole grains, less of red meat, loads of fresh fruits and vegetables, omega-3 fatty acids, and a heart-healthy diet can go a long way in managing the metabolism.
2. Exercise: Regular moderate exercise can help avoid accumulation of fat and burn the extra calories consumed.
3. Smoking: One should quit smoking, as it can help in many ways and helps in managing the body’s metabolism is one of them.
4. Alcohol: Avoid consuming excessive alcohol as it helps in managing body’s metabolism.
5. Stress management: Finding good ways to manage stress (be it music, meditation, yoga, or exercise) can help control harmful ways of stress management like drinking alcohol and smoking.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Hi Doctor, 6 years back I had physical affair for 1 year with my ex boyfriend and aborted. Im getting married now. As im hindu, our religion doesn't support or doesn't accept a non virgin girl as wife. Will my husband get to know im non virgin.
I want to lose my 10 kgs weight, I am 60 kgs. I have thyroid. I don't get my menses properly. Please give me the solution.
I don't get any sexual feeling in vagina but in clitoris and I had severe pain during intercourse what should I do to stop this pain and feel relaxation.
Me and my girlfriend have unprotected sex two times a week, and if after 3rd time if my girlfriend take unwanted 72 within 24 hrs, then 3rd pregnancy is cancelled but what about the 1st and 2nd time consequences, is it cancelled or not?
Hello doc, I am 29 and I suffer from severe pain during periods. Sometimes pain Killer also doesn't work for me. I take meftal_spas tablet two or three a day. For like three days during my period. Is it safe to use this pills. What should I do to get rid of this awful pain. Pls help.
As I am 39 years virgin lady. Because of Manglik dosha now I am getting marry in a few months, I want to know if I marry at this age, is it possible for me to conceive. Can I give a birth to a baby. Which kind of precaution I need to take? Please suggest.
When I get inside in her she used to get jalan on her vagina and we are not able to do sex for more then 2 min so please provide me a solution for that
main 24 years ki hn, mjhe kampan si hoti hai means dar sa lgne lgta hai aur meri nabz jor jor se dhadkne lgti hai. Head ki nabz bhi dhdkne lgti hai aap mujhe koi upai btai plz.
I had unprotected sex with my gf on 23rd day of her cycle (22/3/2017) and she was expecting her period on 28/3/2017 but she haven't got her periods yet. Is there a chance that she is pregnant?
I have pcod. My weight is increasing infact I have very limited diet. My periods are regular but they stays just for 2 days. Please tell me all the precautions I need to take with diet chart.
It's not that you feel the same responsiveness while having a sexual relationship with your partner like you used to have earlier; impotency in women can occur at any stage due to various reasons. Sometimes such problems may strain your relationship with your partner.
If you know what impotency in women is, it will be helpful for you to get it treated:
- Inhibited desire disorder: Most women who are impotent in sex have almost no desire to have sex. Different causes that lead to such a situation are illness, tiredness, depression, anxiety, stress, relationship disharmony, and drug or alcohol abuse. Apart from these reasons, there are certain days in the monthly cycle of women when they lose the sexual desire. Medication and child birth can also be another cause for this. It may not seem serious in the beginning but gradually with time, things will change and frustration and unhappiness creep in a lovely relationship.
- Pain during intercourse: Dyspareunia or pain during intercourse also sometimes leads to impotency among women. It can be a superficial or deep pain. The main cause of the pain is that the womb is not able to lift up, and the discomfort for this does not allow the walls of the vagina to swell and allow the penis to enter the vagina. Mainly lack of lubrication and endometriosis is an important cause for such a pain. You will have superficial pain when there are issues like genital herpes, muscle spasms and other such problems. With experience of such pain, many women fear the feelings of intercourse, and they start lacking the sexual desire in total.
- Lack of ability to reach orgasm: It is a common belief that women have an orgasm with the penile penetration. The truth is that it's not. Only 25% of women are found to get orgasm in this way and others need clitoral stimulation for having orgasm. Thus, most women while having sex do not reach the climax! Women who love their partner without getting orgasm during sexual intercourse may feel different. And gradually they lose their desire for having sexual relations. There are a few factors like poor blood flow to the vagina, hormone imbalance that create this problem.
If you are facing any of the above problems, you may be suffering from impotency. However, do not get threatened as you are not alone, and getting to your doctor will help you out of such problems.
Hello. I'm 24 years old male. I had genital herpes. I had male to male anal sex last July and had outbreak around my anal hole on 10th July 2016. After medication I'm fine in 10 days. Till today I don't have outbreak again. *** My question is that can I marry a girl n had sex with her and become father or I will infect her also n create trouble. I had outbreak once on my anal hole area not on my penis that time. Please tell me the conclusion of this problem. Please help.
Stay away from carbonated and other fizzy drinks because of its high sugar content and extremely damaging in nature for the enamel of your teeth due to its highly acidic nature.