Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Liver Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Rekha LanjekarYour feedback matters!
Hi I'm suffering with the he hair loss. I used many shampoos and many soaps and everything BT no proper result how can I stop my hair loes.
Doctor I need urgent help in my skin. My skin get dark everytime when I face sun I find difficult to face sun and then I get pimples and black spots I need your help in solving my face problem.
Which is mild face wash send me full name of face wash for oily skin men and which facial kit for good for men I have pimple and spot on my face send me name of facial kit.
I am going for swimming everyday. Due to that my hair is falling and I am getting tanned. Any remedy tp stop this?
My skin is very oily ,pigmented , blotchy skin with blackhead, white heads all on my face making my face more older than my ages ,feeling inferiority with my friends. I have consulted dermatologist. Prescribed me some tablet n cream that reappear once it stopped ,that too appear more horrible than earlier (blotchy skin) please suggest me face wash, cleanse, scrub ,sunscreen that will help me please.
Why Are Young Men Going Bald?
Are Despite the development of new upcoming hair loss treatment , products, therapies.Why are so many men balding in their 20's?
Premature balding is turning out to be more of a trend than rarity. And the way we live our lives has more to do with it than genes.
Presently, an American study says two third of men face hair loss by the age of 35, and a bad genetic hand is often to blame. Men are progressing towards baldness as early as in their 20's and that s leap from our father's generation that hoped to walk into their 40's with a full crop of hair.
Is heredity (genes) are the only reason ??
Though the hereditary (genetic) reason is one of the major factors behind balding . But, these genes don't kick so early in life. Research says male pattern baldness due to genetic factor starts by the age of 40.
In the present world, there are lot many other reasons, that accelerate the permanent loss of hair. Four main enemies are stress, poor nutrition, pollution n vices.
First and foremost is:
1. STRESS: Level is rising day by day n people are not able to cope up with the level of stress these days. It can cause hair fall, thinning, the impaired growth of follicles . While genetic plays a key role in balding , a stressful lifestyle can play a havoc.
But, this is in our control. Opt for stress management techniques. Indulge in the morning walk, yoga, dancing.
2. IMPROPER DIET:
Bad diet, junk food, food faddism is responsible for thinning. This causes lack of essential nutrients in the body.
We are all we eat, drink, breathe everything you do can affect hair follicle directly or indirectly .
3. SMOKING: Smoking causes oxygen deprivation in body n indirectly damages the hair follicle . Also, nicotine hampers blood flow and retard the growth of the follicle.
Alcohol intake also affects hair follicle. Moderate alcohol intake does not damage much but regular guzzlers are at risk. Alcohol decreases iron n zinc absorption , causes dehydration . And the hair is almost water, so excessive alcohol intake will leave it brittle.
4. LIFESTYLE: Undisciplined life, lack of sleep triggers hormonal changes in the male body . These hormone cause suppression of the hair follicle.
5. CHEMICAL EXPOSURE: Use of excess hair care products , styling treatment, straightening, too much shampooing can weaken hair shaft.
So, genetically is not in our control. The silver lining is that we can control factors and delay balding.Understand your body, what signal body is trying to give you.
Hi sir, I have beard problem. It is taking very long to grow. Maybe its because I have chubby cheeks or something like that. Please help me:)
Apply onion juice onto your scalp, massage, and leave it on for about 30 minutes to an hour. Repeat the process daily for a few weeks.
Shampoo your hair. Apply fresh juice extracted from amaranth leaves on your hair and scalp. Rinse it out.
Simply eat a teaspoon of black sesame seeds daily for at least three months.
Boil the curry leaves in water and drink the hot beverage.
Grind the curry leaves and squeeze out their juice. Mix curry leaves juice and buttermilk. Boil the mixture on low flame for 5 minutes. Let it cool to become lukewarm. Apply this lukewarm buttermilk-curry leaves juice mixture on your scalp. Leave for half an hour. Wash hair with lukewarm water.
Fix on a single shampoo brand to wash your hair.
My left eye is frequently getting blur vision and becoming red and dark circle around both eyes are very annoying me.
I am 27 years old and am witnessing my hair turn white very steadily in last 12 months. Prior to this, I did not have any white hair and I know this for sure because I keep my hair very short and can see every single of my white hair! what should I do? also, is their any other way (than dyeing) to make them black again considering my age. I live in the state of uttar pradesh near delhi, regularly work out and have healthy food habits. Thanks!
I am losing my hair bulkily, I have a dry scalp and the falling hair doesn't have any head will the hair grow again at the fallen hair place, please suggest me some good oil and shampoo for preventing hairfall.
Acne is a disorder which is characterized by small red bumps on the skin or occluded pores in the skin such as blackheads. Acne is a teenager's biggest worry. However, it can occur at any age.
Some causes that make your skin prone to acne are:
- Hormones: Changes in hormonal balance can cause acne, especially in the beginning of puberty. In some cases, women are affected by acne when the menstrual cycle stops. The acne caused by hormonal changes may also be genetic in nature.
- Diet: Following a proper diet is a key factor in keeping your skin healthy. Food usually doesn't cause acne directly but can cause other problems such as greasy skin that are linked with acne. However, foods high in iodides such as seaweeds consumed over time can cause acne.
- Stress: The severity of acne can be correlated to the levels of stress a person is facing. While scientists are yet to figure the exact relationship between stress and acne; it is known that the cells that produce sebum or oil also act as stress receptors. Studies suggest that when a person is under stress, these cells produce excessive sebum that clogs pores on the skin leading to pimples.
- Misc factors: Bacteria, excess oil, blocked pores, and dead skin cells are the primary reasons behind acne.
- Medication: Any medicine that contains lithium, androgen or corticosteroids can worsen this skin condition. Acne is one of the side effects to a few types of medication such as corticosteroids and anti convulsants. However, this is not seen very often. On the other hand, drugs that contain hormones such as androgenic steroids almost always cause an acne breakout. Treatment for acne depends on the severity of the condition and its persistence. Mild cases can be easily treated with over the counter medication, but if your acne is severe and not affected by these medications, it best to consult a dermatologist.