Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Rekha H UdaniYour feedback matters!
Dear Doctor, My Son is 2 years & 9 months old & he is suffering from dental problem, unfortunately his teeth follow down with any thing hitting or follow down, just came out from his month. Kindly suggest what will be problem and take precaution for the dental treatment. Second issue he is crying every time when he is sleeping at night. He cannot tell the problem. So kindly suggest us and help us to treat him for good health. Please give an suggest for the same
Fluoride products for the teeth have immense importance in dentistry. Fluoride is one such chemical, the balance of which is highly required for strong and healthy teeth. However, there is an optimum amount of fluoride needed for teeth. Anything lesser than that or greater than that can cause harm and serious teeth and gum problems and tooth decay. The best option, therefore, is to get a fluoride based toothpaste or mouthwash, which will keep on providing the teeth with the optimum quantity of its daily dose of fluoride.
The benefits of fluoride products:
Before delving into the types of fluoride products available, let's have a look at the benefits of fluoride on teeth. Fluorides actually save the teeth from dental caries. It happens such that fluoride makes a certain mineral bonding on the teeth which is called fluorapatite. This is not normally found in human teeth, but when teeth damage is done, then to heal it fast this compound is needed to repair the damages. This adds to the mineral bonding in the teeth and strengthens the teeth.
The fluoride products:
The various fluoride based products, which you may use are as follows:
- Fluoridated water: Fluoridating water is a simple process where the optimum amount of fluoride is mixed with drinking water so that drinking the water automatically keeps on adding fluoride to the body and keeps in contact with teeth. This therapy alone is enough and needs no more therapies generally. But not all water reserves contain this, and it's not possible to add fluorides to all water reserves. That is why the other fluoride treatments are needed.
- Fluoride toothpaste: This is one of the most common forms for fluoride treatments. Every common daily use toothpaste contains a 0.22 to 0.312 percent of fluoride, and this is highly beneficial to the teeth for healing of decay and fast repairs. It lets the teeth get stronger.
- Mouth Rinses: Fluoride mouth rinses are an option. The sodium fluorides commonly used in the rinses are used in small amounts in the product which is used just like toothpaste and washed off.
- Fluoride foams and gels: The foam and gel are used when the teeth of the child or adult are under high risk of cavities. The foam or gel is rubbed on the teeth, and kept for a while and then washed off. The typical application time is 30 minutes.
- Varnishes: The fluoride varnishes are just like gels, and they are also used on the tooth surface similarly. It's the choice of the dentist or patient as to which one they want to go with. Besides, these slow fluoride releasing devices, medical supplements and lozenges are also there, which slowly release the optimum amount of fluorides to keep the teeth strong and healing.
Signs and symptoms of diabetes in children-
I’m Dr IPS Kochar, a diabetologist and pediatric endocrinologist. Today, I will be talking about diabetes in children.
Diabetes in children is becoming a big problem in children nowadays. More and more patients are coming up type 1 and type 2 diabetes. Parents are not ready to accept that my child is having diabetes. It’s increasing problems in lifestyle. Obesity is one factor in type 2 diabetes. In type 1 diabetes if the child is losing weight there is excessive urination, bed wetting, excessive thirst, infection or vaginal infection, One must start thinking that the child is having diabetes.
In type 1 diabetes, the treatment is only insulin. One should start insulin and there is not any requirement to visit many doctors. In case 1 diabetes you have to take insulin lifelong. The symptoms start becoming better once the child is put on insulin. The urination the excessive thirst all becomes better. Fourth it is not in the family that if the father and the mother does not have diabetes why the child got diabetes. Type 1 diabetes is not genetic, it is type 2 diabetes. There are lots of new devices that have come up lot of new insulin has come up. New insulin pump has come up for children to control diabetes and have a new lifestyle and better flexibility. Diet is a very important thing that plays a myth. Children with diabetes can have a normal diet, they can have sugary things and sweets, but within limits and when they are taking insulin.
Taking a good balanced diet is equally important in children, they are growing they are in puberty and they are more prone to hyperglycemia. They are more prone to have ketoacidosis so that is why one has to be more careful while diabetic. Many of the kids are becoming more over weight and becoming more diabetic. The weight is starting increasing and they are earlier signs that the child is getting into diabetes. Because of the weight epidemic the type 2 diabetes is increasing.
- Controlling of the diet is very important in controlling diabetes.
- The intake of food should be decreased, more careful about the lifestyle, physical exercise, regular diet control, fixing the amount of calorie intake, less sweetened fruits and foods and beverages.
- If you have very sweet fruits also you will have the problem.
- Avoiding all drinks and juices should be made a point especially the intake of milk products should also be decreased.
So in type 2 diabetes, lots of good physical exercise good diet control and may be in some children using some tablet called metformin helps in children to control diabetes.
In type 1 diabetes, insulin is required and must. In some children when they pass urine the ants start collecting it is type 1 diabetes. If the child is losing weight in spite of eating properly there are chances of type 2 diabetes. If the child is feeling tired there are chances of type 1 diabetes. If the child is passing excessive urine and wetting bed, eating food and still losing weight then there is a chance of type 1 diabetes. These symptoms one must keep in mind and always be careful if you find. If the family doesn’t have the child can have diabetes because it is normally an auto known process. If your child has type 1 diabetes you should visit a pediatric endocrinologist.
If you have any queries you can contact me on lybrate.
What should we give to 2 years old baby in his diet and also which meal should give them a proper balanced diet?
My baby is 3 month. Dry cough from 20 days. 3 times medicine / doctor change but no relax in cough. I request you please provide the solution and medicine.
My 3 years old son has difficulty in speaking, he can babble but can’t speak and point his finger towards the desired objects. Instead he use to take us by holding our hand to the desired object example towards AC switch or Refrigerator door. He can’t even speak Mama, Papa and can’t point when asked about them. Had a poor eye contact. He is physically fit with all emotions, plays game on mobile. He has been doubted with ASD but the assessment is still pending. We have been advised to do BERA and EEG Tests which appears normal. His MRI report is has some deviation from normal which needs to be understood. Investigation: MRI Brain Plain Results: Multiplanar Mr. imaging of the brain was done. TIW, TSE-T2W and FLAIR images were obtained in three orthogonal planes. The study shows small hyperintensities on FLAIR involving peritrigonal region/occipital region on both the sides, possibly incomplete myelination Rest of the brain parenchyma appears normal. The basil cisterns and superficial subarachnoid CSF spaces are normal. Ventricles appear prominent. The mid brain, pons and medulla are normal. The cerebellar hemispheres are normal. Visualized parts of the sella, 5 th, 7 th and 8 th nerve complexes are grossly normal on routine brain imaging. Major flow voids are present. Advice: Clinical Correlation. Please help me to understand the report. Regards,
What I have to do for proper growth of my 4 yr boy. How can I measure that he is proper growing or not?
These are some tips which can help students who keep study whole night and force them to keep them awake and don't like to study at day time
1) sleep during day
2) take some nervous stimulants at night (ex- tea, coffee) but avoid milk you may feel more sleepy
3) keep yourself busy in one or the other activity
Like mathematics statistics and any writing work
4) use your mobile phone to study (it contains blue lite which will prevent to fall asleep)
5) hang a rubber band over your wrist and give a small current by dragging it suddenly and dropping it this will activate your brain and prevent to go into sleep
6) keep a positive affirmation that you want to awake all night
I'm 27 years old female having a 7 year old boy who is still breastfeeding. I got a pain on my left breast at the side of the breast near the armpits for 2 days. Is it serious? Do I seek medical attention for this?
My son 10 years old but his weight is 26 kg only. He do not take proper diet. He do not like vegetables .what I do.
My baby eat very less food. He did not eat chapati. He has small hole in his heart. But he recover day by day. Pls tell any precaution or medicine.
My son is 1 year 8 month old, not eating food properly. Weight 9.2 kg. Height 73 cm. Shall we give medication for worms or not.
Children with constitutional growth delay (CGD), the most common cause of short stature and pubertal delay, typically have retarded linear growth within the first 3 years of life. In this variant of normal growth, linear growth velocity and weight gain slows beginning as young as age 3-6 months, resulting in downward crossing of growth percentiles, which often continues until age 2-3 years. At that time, growth resumes at a normal rate, and these children grow either along the lower growth percentiles or beneath the curve but parallel to normal children.
At the expected time of puberty, the height of children with constitutional growth delay begins to drift further from the growth curve because of delay in the onset of the pubertal growth spurt. Catch-up growth, onset of puberty, and pubertal growth spurt occur later than average, resulting in normal adult stature and sexual development. Although constitutional growth delay is a variant of normal growth rather than a disorder, delays in growth and sexual development may contribute to psychological difficulties, warranting treatment for some individuals. Studies have suggested that referral bias is largely responsible for the impression that normal short stature per se is a cause of psycho-social problems; non referred children with short stature do not differ from those with more normal stature in school performance or socialization. A recent study determined that constitutional growth delay was the most common cause of short stature in children.