Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Derma Roller Treatment
Hair Mesotherapy Treatment
Nail Surgery Procedures
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Facial Rejuvenation Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Line And Wrinkle Smoothing Procedures
Mole Removal Procedure
Mole Removal Surgery
Skin Polishing Treatment
I'm a 20 year old male and suffering from premature hair greying for the past 4 years. Of late, i'm also seeing may hair turn thin and hair loss. Please help with the best remedy ?
I have problem of hair falling last 5 month so I want to know how we can stop it. So I requested to you give me solution Thanking you.
I am suffering from severe allergy problem and precaution is to be taken and what are the medicine to be used to avoid this problem and how much time we have to take this medicine.
Hi Pimple problem on forhead. Genuine problem was not solved by applying any of treatment please suggest me what to do.
There is Dandruff in back portion of head with itching. What medicines Or shampoo should I use?. My Age is 67 yrs.
Hello Sir my name is malkeet Singh. Last year 2015 I back from malaysia. After few when I started living in punjab. I face hair falling problem. Now I'm living in dubai. I use only vatika oil. But no benefits. Please help me.
How to get rid of pimples and dark spots .i just want to know how to stop pimples and all acne problems.
I am facing a lot of acne problems on my face due to dandruff on my scalp. How should I get rid of it?
Hello I'm 19 years old guy my problem is hair fall I tried lots of medicines and consulted many doctors. But still I'm loosing my Hair please help me.
i'm having a lot of grey hairs: i'm 19 now. Should I take any treatment or should I leave it as it is?
How to remove dandruff from my head can you please help me on this and is it possible to clean through shampoo?
How to get flawless skin. I had this skin type till two months back but since then acne is cropping up like mushrooms all over my face. Please guide me to get rid of it. I am having Hamdard ki Safi and using Aloe Vera Gel at present.
सर मेरे सिर मे पिछले एक माह से बहुत ज्यादा डेंड्रफ हो गया है जिससे हमेसा सिर मे खुजली रहती है और मे हमेसा परेसान रहता हु आप कोई इसका इलाज़ बताए
Ringworm of the scalp usually affects children. This is a common type of a fungal infection of the scalp and has nothing to do with the worms as the name suggests. This is treated with antifungal medications and though the antifungal shampo-is not to-effective, it might be advised along with medication.
Causes of scalp ringworm:
- Most of the times a ringworm infection is transfered from person to person through sharing towels and touching. The fungi and its spores can remain alive on brushes, combs, sheets, furniture and unwashed towels for long. Some people are only carriers of fungi, meaning that they carry the fungi and its spores in their hair and skin but do not have any infection and symptoms. But they might pass the fungi to others who may develop the symptoms.
- It spreads from pets like cats and dogs who are very prone to fungal infection of the skin. They easily pass their infection to children and other family members. Farm animals are also a source of fungal infection and if the farm gate is touched from where the infected cattle passes, it is enough to cause infection.
- Also at times there is no reason and fungi infection can just happen out of the blue. Like for example, the fungi spores can get transmitted through air, they might get into the air by an infected person and land on someone else's head. This can develop into fungi and can cause infection.
Symptoms of scalp ringworm:
- The infection looks more like dandruff, a severe form of dandruff in different parts of the scalp. This is often mistaken to be psoriasis.
- In some infection there is loss of hair leading to bald patches. These patches become scaly and inflamed. The patches might have broken off small hair.
- Several painful pustules and boils occur on the scalp
- In severe infection there is boggy swelling on some part of the scalp, which is known as kerion. This might be tender and oozing and if not treated can lead to hair loss and permanent scarring.
- In severe infections like with pustules and kerion, one might develop high fever and the glands of the neck might swell.
Treatment of scalp ringworm:
The treatment of the fungal infection of the scalp involves the following:
- Antifungal Medicines: These are usually taken in the form of tablets and following are advised:
- Griseofulvin: This is often the first choice and a course of 8-12 weeks is required. The tablet can be crushed and taken with water.
- Terbinafine: The course for this is four weeks and is important to complete the course in order to get rid of the infection.