Find numerous Gastroenterologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Rekha Bhatkande
Submit a review for Dr. Rekha BhatkandeYour feedback matters!
Dear Doctors, I have some problems with my current health which are listed below: 1. Bloating and gas in the stomach, nose blocking especially while sleeping, sneezing in the morning when I contact water with my nose, feverish condition every morning, headache etc. Its seems to be a hay fever but it occurs for the whole year. 2. Disturbs in my sleep like having many dreams in every 5-10 minutes like a day dream, not satisfied my sleep, sometimes feeling like bleeding and blood comes out through my throat or mouth. This looks like brain tumor or depression. I had many treatments but all are in vain. So I don't want to take any english medicines anymore. Therefore kindly suggest me my given diseases or the reasons behind them and help me some remedies and tell me some ayurvedic medicines to cure or protect them. I would be very happy to hear from you. God bless you all. Waiting for your kindness in anticipation. Thanks.
Dear Sir, my name is khalid and have a problem that my stomach and chest has burn at evening what's problem with me.
I have acidity, mucus in my stool ,and constipation, unglowing skin .I have bought Liv 52 tablets is it okay? Oh I get round worm frequently please help me out sir.
Minimum age of person diabetes disease? What is reason for diabetes. I am suffering gas disease. What I ll do stop gas?
I feel like tightness around my stomach. If I drink water, I feel my stomach is full. I had a grade II type fatty liver and it was 2 years back. What is Grade II type fatty liver. Pl. Tell me what to do?
Dyspepsia is a disorder of the stomach that is characterized by pain in the upper part of the stomach. It is not a single disorder, but is a collection of symptoms such as nausea, burping and bloating. It results when the acid of the stomach comes in contact with the mucosa of the digestive tract. These acids cause a breakdown of the mucosa leading to inflammation and irritation, which leads to indigestion. It may also result from eating disorders or certain medications.
The symptoms of this disorder tend to occur mostly after consuming food and drink. In some cases, the symptoms tend to go away after eating or drinking. The symptoms of dyspepsia are:
- You may feel bloated on a regular basis
- You may experience discomfort in your stomach
- Loss of appetite
- You may experience constant burping
- You may feel nauseous
- Symptoms of heartburn
- You may also experience chest pain and breathing difficulties
- You may be affected by jaundice
The various causes of dyspepsia are:
- Irritable bowel syndrome, which hampers the movement of food through the intestines
- If you are unable to properly digest dairy products
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease that results in reflux of the acids of the stomach
- Any inflammation of the gall bladder
- Various medicines such as aspirin, steroids and antibiotics may lead to dyspepsia
- If you suffer from depression or anxiety then it may lead to dyspepsia
- Excess consumption of chocolate, coffee and alcohol
Dyspepsia may be controlled by modifying your lifestyle. Some of the changes that you may make are:
- Don't sleep immediately after eating, wait for at least two hours before you go to bed
- Avoid spicy foods as they tend to aggravate symptoms of dyspepsia
- Space out your meals, eat multiple smaller meals instead of few large ones
- Restrict smoking and alcohol consumption
- Lose weight as being overweight may lead to dyspepsia
- Avoid wearing tight clothes
- Exercise on a regular basis to keep your body healthy and maintain optimal weight levels
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!