Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dentists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Rehan ShaikhYour feedback matters!
My daughter who is 9 years old, has a problem with her tooth. Her tooths are not falling off normally. It is removed only after going to a dentist. Now it is seen that several small new teeths have started appearing behind the old one's. Doctor says that surgery should be done. What should we do?
Iam 20yrs old nw. My teeth was broken wen am studying at 5th standard. It was half broken at the upper part of the middle teeth. How to recover that teeth, and how much its cost for the recovery of teeth. And wat is the treatment for that?
I am 26 years old. I have teeth sensitivity. I used sensodyne, syncuel f, but problem not solved. What can I do next?
I have tooth and little cough problem. Smell is coming out of my mouth when I eat something. And also little cough is stored in throat. What should i do?
I have problem of hair fall, dandruff and cavity in teeth and headache and stomach pain so what I do?
Sir/Madam, In my childhood I fell from stairs and hurt myself in such a way that due to internal bleeding one of my tooth turned yellow from inside and has been like that since then. How can this thing be cured?
Dear sir. I have sensitivity problem in my teeth. When I eat sweets or drink cold water it hurts a lot. So please advice me what shall I do.
Hi i am having Pain in jaw, bellow jaw side area and near ear. And little bit swelling also. What I do.
I want to ask about my teeth they are yellow and I not been able to find a solution for the problem. So please suggest me the proper medicine or paste than can reduce the yellowNess of my teeth.
Is it ok to go with lower jaw surgery for open bite problem? is any other solution available instead of surgery?
I am 20 year old my upper teeth are slightly coming out as compared to lower teeth. Is there any way to fix this without braces ? Any home remedy or medicines or exercises ?
It started to bleed with my mouth and my neck gets pain when I cry or shout, what should I do? What is it and how to prevent it?
Children are much more susceptible to tooth decay and gum disorders than grown-ups. This is because the gum and teeth in toddlers are very delicate. Moreover, children are more attracted to sweets and other food items, which cause damage to the teeth.
Here are several ways to protect the teeth of your little one:
- Have a dental checkup: You should take your child to a dentist on his first birthday. Early prevention is important as any kind of problem in the teeth will be detected and this will save you from a lot of trouble in the future.
- Teaching healthy habits: Brushing is very important and you should teach your child to brush regularly, more than once a day. Before the development of teeth in your baby, you should brush his gums gently by using water on a soft baby toothbrush or with a clean and soft cloth. After developing teeth, brushing must be practiced with delicate toothbrushes and fluoridated toothpaste. If several teeth touch against each other, you should use flossing. Brushing is essential before going to bed, and no food should be taken after brushing.
- Prevent "baby bottle decay": You should not let your child go to sleep with a bottle of juice or milk. The sugar contained in these liquids sticks to the child's teeth, which activates bacteria and may lead to tooth decay.
- Avoid giving juice to your child: Juice may be healthy for the body, but it leads to tooth decay in little kids. The amount of regular juice intake should never be above four ounces.
- Avoid excess use of a sippy cup: Sippy cups enable children to shift from bottles to a glass. However, all day long usage of sippy cups should be restricted as it may cause decay on the front and back portions of teeth, when the drinks are rich in sugar.
- Be careful about sweet medicines: Many medicines meant for children are sugary and stick to the teeth, increasing the chance of cavities. Several antibiotics cause overgrowth of Candida or yeast and cause an oral disease known as oral thrush. This disease causes creamy patches on the tongue. In case your child needs sweet medicines, brushing should be increased.
- Stop using a pacifier by the age of 2 or 3: Pacifiers are good for children, but using pacifiers for a long period of time affects the lining of teeth. The shape of the mouth may also change. Hence, do not let your child use pacifiers after 2 or 3 years of age.
Children are quite prone to teeth disorders and decay in the teeth. Hence, measures must be taken to protect the teeth of children from any kind of disorder.