Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Physicians with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Rehan Motrawala
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Rehan MotrawalaYour feedback matters!
Hello doctor my uric acid level is 8.9 I do not have any kind of problem as of now. Still Should I have to take medicines. Please advice.
Please help, after suffering from typhoid (5-6 month ago), my stomach is not working properly, no willing to eat, sometimes acidity, gas and little bit pain on top left side below heart. Is this ulcer. What should I do any test or treatment.
I am taking roseday 20, metolar xr 25 and deplatt A 75 that medicine reason of constipation, hard in remember, insomnia and laziness. I got first heart blockage at the age of 23 now I 25 and medicine still continue. No stent insert in my heart, just cleared the blockage and I am on medicine.
We have a small kids at home. They oftenly get fever when medicine is given then they get relief for few days and it repeats. They eat healthy and hygienic food as well as milk. Pls suggest what to do to overcome it.
Hello. I'm a 22 year female of height 5.5" and weight 58 kgs. Would taking vitamin and mineral supplements help in controlling hairfall and growth of hair? My hairfall is not so severe but yeah I lose about 100 strands a day. I've tried all external masks and cures. Nothing worked. If supplements help would you mention the dosage and proper diet.
Whenever I watch porn or with my girlfriend, there is some kind of geil start realising from my pennies. It is not sperm it's transparent and very sticky. I am having this problem from last 3 years. And I got very week and thin. Please guide me, how to overcome with this.
My age is 18 and I am female I am suffering with headache suddenly and consulted doctor he suggested me spectacles I bought it for my sight but my head ache is suffering me.
Most people associate fibre to be good for the digestive system. It helps to add roughage and therefore helps in avoiding constipation. When we dig deeper, the fibre seems to do good not just to the stomach but to the heart as well. Those who are prone to develop heart disease should make an attempt to include more fibre in their diet and reap the rich benefits it offers.
There are two classifications of fibres
Dietary are found in diet products and functional being added fibre through various food supplements. Soluble and insoluble fibre, based on their solubility in water. Most foods contain some amounts of both. The insoluble one has more digestive benefits, as it adds to the roughage. Both types have cardiac benefits.
Read on to know some of the cardiac benefits of fibres.
- Reduces cholesterol: There is good cholesterol which is essential for the body, and there is bad cholesterol causes heart disease. What fibres do is reduce the amount of bad and overall cholesterol in circulation. The fibre binds to the cholesterol and removes it from the body, which otherwise would get into circulation and lead to plaque formation and heart disease.
- Reduces blood pressure: Because the cholesterol does not circulate in the blood stream, the blood is not as viscous and therefore the vessels exert much less pressure to allow for free flow. A diet change to whole grains can show a marked difference in people with hypertension.
- Weight management: Eating fibre means more bulk and fewer calories so that a person feels full after eating smaller amounts. This is a great way to lose weight and bring preexisting heart disease under control.
- Stroke prevention: The circulating cholesterol usually gets sluggish and settles down along the walls of the blood vessels. This attracts more cholesterol, which eventually forms what is knowns as plaque. When this plaque attains a considerable size, it gets dislodged, circulates in the blood stream, and can reach any of the vital organs. When it reaches the heart or brain, it can lead to heart attack or stroke. By removing the cholesterol which leads to all these complications, fibre reduces the incidence of stroke and heart attacks.
- Management of diabetes: Blood pressure, increased weight, and heart disease all are predisposing factors and have common contributing factors as does diabetes. Controlling all these helps in prolonging the onset of diabetes and reducing its severity too.
High-fiber diet mainly reduces cholesterol which helps in multiple ways to maintain not just a healthy body but also improves the overall quality of life. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Cardiologist.