Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Reena UpadhyaYour feedback matters!
Me and my gf had protected sex after her periods . Her dates are near again but she say she is having no signs of stomach pain which happens to her every time before her periods. Is she pregnant or it is just a delayed period ?
The uterus, or womb, is a muscular structure and is held in place by ligaments and pelvic muscles. If these muscles or tendons become weak, they cause prolapse and are no longer able to hold the uterus in its place.
Uterine prolapse happens when the uterus falls or slips from its ordinary position and into the vagina, or birth waterway. It could be complete prolapse or even incomplete at times. A fragmented prolapse happens when the uterus is just hanging into the vagina. A complete prolapse depicts a circumstance in which the uterus falls so far down that some tissue rests outside of the vagina. Likewise, as a lady ages and with a loss of the hormone estrogen, her uterus can drop into the vaginal canal. This condition is known as a prolapsed uterus.
Risks: The risks of this condition are many and have been enumerated as follows:
- Complicated delivery during pregnancy
- Weak pelvic muscle
- Loss of estrogen during menopause causes atrophy of uterus
- Excessive straining on the abdomen and pelvic area ex. Chronic cough, chronic constipation, etc.
- Being overweight
- Obesity causing extra strain on the muscles
- Pelvic surgeries in the pelvic zone
Symptoms: Some of the most common symptoms of prolapse involve:
- Feeling of sitting on a ball
- Abnormal vaginal bleeding
- Increase in discharge
- Problems while performing sexual intercourse
- Seeing the uterus coming out of the vagina
- A pulling or full feeling in the pelvis
- Bladder infections
Nonsurgical medications include:
- Losing weight and getting in shape to take stress off of pelvic structures
- Maintaining a distance from truly difficult work
- Doing Kegel workouts, which are pelvic floor practices that strengthen the vaginal muscles. This can be done at any time, even while sitting down at a desk.
- Taking estrogen treatment especially during menopause
- Wearing a pessary, which is a gadget embedded into the vagina that fits under the cervix and pushes up to settle the uterus and cervix
- Indulging in normal physical activity
Some specialists use the following methods to diagnose the problem:
- The specialist will examine you in standing position keeping in mind you are resting and request that you to cough or strain to build the weight in your abdomen.
- Particular conditions, for example, ureteral block because of complete prolapse, may require an intravenous pyelogram (IVP) or renal sonography. Color is infused into your vein, and an dye is used to view the flow of color through your urinary bladder.
- An ultrasound might be utilised to rule out any other existing pelvic issues. In this test, a wand is used on your stomach area or embedded into your vagina to create images of the internal organ with sound waves. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
Hi, I was intimated using protection, but now I am suspicious that my girlfriend might get pregnant, It's been 10 days now but no signs of pregnancy. How much time it would take for the first signs of pregnancy and if she get pregnant what could be done further?
I had sex n took ipill within 48 hrs. I hv vaginal bleeding after 12 days of taking ipill. M I pregnant? I had intercourse 6 days back where he nly had precum. He never ejaculated !shud I be worried of getting pregnant?
I am 20 year girl .My hemoglobin level is 5.4. I feel sudden pain in my body and bones. I also feel weakness, my heartbeat is also very high, this happened to me from a long time ago. What's the problem.
Sir my wife has relieved baby in the month of sept her period stop. May I know why and how much time it will take to hav next period.
I am 18. I had unprotected sex 7 days after my periods got over. I took ipill the next morning. After 7 days I got bleeding which was unusual. Now I am waiting for my periods. I want to know, what are the chances of me getting pregnant? can I do anything now (after 3 weeks of sex) to avoid pregnancy. How long shall I wait for my periods to take pregnancy test? please help me out.
Looking at Prince William holding his young one in his arms, leaving the hospital after the birth of his new born child was a pleasant sight. Men have a very important role in the process of pregnancy and child birth. It's challenging for fathers to be actively involved in pregnancy although no one doubts the fact that some of them become super dads while raising their kids.
- Research shows that Fathers are needed: Studies have proved that infants whose fathers had minimal involvement in pregnancy were more likely to be born premature and with low birth weight. Sometimes your physical and emotional presence is all that is required during pregnancy. So here let's have a look for role of dad in pregnancy and prepare quarterly roster.
- Be prepared to welcome the little one: Planning to start a family is a water shed moment for parents and the delivery of the ''Good news" certainly brings along mixed feelings of excitement and nervousness. It's like an examination schedule that has been pinned on the notice board. Husbands have a calming effect on moms in managing morning sickness. They have the responsibility to encourage her for a balanced and nutritious diet apart from planning antenatal visits to obstetrics clinic. They also take care of pregnancy mood swings of her partner because it's the hormones that are affecting and also be conscious and sensitive while making love in pregnancy.
- Be prepared for all circumstances: Dads need to be prepared to handle the odd symptoms of pregnancy and should find out about what they have should do. They can get references for mood related aspects. You can support the health of your partner by cooking and eating healthy meals together and exercising together. Prepare yourself for moving to a new place. Make a list of the hospitals that are not far and stay in touch always with your wife as it could be bit of emergency anytime. Plan for hospital stay and be a helping hand. Also try and engage your own parents so that they can also be a part of your training for baby care. Attending child birth classes together helps a lot to prepare you for arrival of new born.
Do get actively involved in labour and cord cutting also a father has a lot of role in successful breast feeding. It is best that you get more involved with your wife in the 9 months. The anticipation of a new one coming to your house should grip your imagination. Remember for many parents, it is the best time of their life's.
Hey I am 14 years and 10 months old. And my periods are having a light flow from past 3-4 months. On my first day I have a lot pain even. I didn't used to have it before. The flow is not proper it hardly fills one pad a day. My hair is falling from quite few time and i have gained a little weight and when I walk up or down the stairs I breathe heavily and my facial hair are growing a lot. I can't even concentrate on my studies. Help please.
Mam my age is 21. Meri 2 mahine 15 din se period nhi AA rhe meri date 26 jan ko aayi thi uske bad maine 4 times sex kiya h apne hone walepati k sath. Kit m result negative aa h mam m kya kru aap btaye.
I am 30 year old female, I want to know in about pcos. I have heard that cysts is not permanent in pcos, it can go also. I have no cysts but haven't got my menstrual also.
Hello doctors i'm a 8th month pregnant now. Last time when I met my doctor she suggested me to do exercises at home. I started doing n one of my family members told me not to do now as the baby is delicate in 8th month. I'm in a confusion now. 2) can I go out for shopping now? as I need to buy baby related things. Pls help me from this confusion:(
Hey. I did sex with my girlfriend on 3rd day of her period and ejaculated outside ,and sex without condom and its benn 1 month 5 days and she didn't get her periods back. Is there any chance of pregnancy?
I had sex but unknowingly condom broke out so I toke ipill to avoid any problem but after I had sex but it was protected but there was no sign of ipill bleeding. Today its my 20th after ipill got little bleeding now I am feeling nausea n vomit type feeling what to do? Am I pregnant? please help me out.
My last period was on 27 September. Today Nov 1 I still didn't get my periods. My nipples r hurting so badly. I had intercourse on October 17th. M I pregnant?
How Ayurveda can treat chronic problems by balancing the Vata, Pitta and Kapha doshas in different parts of the body