Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Reena UpadhyaYour feedback matters!
Bones are quite literally the support system of the body, so it's super important to keep them strong and healthy. Strength is not a goal you achieve in a day, week or month. It is a way more rigorous process that has to go on for years. The growing age of your life matters the most; it is at this point that you can make your bones strong. Bone strength should also be maintained in certain ways. Child or adult, you must aim for both mental and physical strength.
Here are some tips to make deposits in your bone bank for a healthier future:
- Know your family history: As with many medical conditions, family history is a key indicator of bone health. Those with a parent or sibling who has or had osteoporosis are more likely to develop it. So, how's your bone density, grandma? might seem like an awkward question at thanksgiving dinner, but ask anyway before she passes the gravy.
- Boost calcium consumption: When most people think bones, they think calcium. This mineral is essential for the proper development of teeth and bones. But calcium isn't the end-all, be-all bone loss cure. The key might be to help the body absorb calcium by pairing calcium-rich foods with those high in vitamin d. Foods that are good sources of calcium include yogurt, cheese, milk, spinach and collard greens.
- Don't forget the vitamin d: where there's calcium, there must be vitamin d: the two works together to help the body absorb bone-boosting calcium. Boost vitamin d consumption by munching on shrimp, fortified foods like cereal and orange juice, sardines, eggs (in the yolks) and tuna, or opt for a vitamin d supplement. The body also produces vitamin d when exposed to the sun - 10 to 15 minutes of exposure three times per week will do. Vitamin d's importance to bone health has been proven in studies on seasonal bone loss - elderly people can lose more bone mass during the winter because of lack of sun exposure.
- Make exercise a priority: Seriously regular exercise is to keep a number of health issues at bay, and bone health is no exception. In fact, living a sedentary lifestyle is considered a risk factor for osteoporosis. What type of exercise is most effective? weight-bearing exercises like running, walking, jumping rope, skiing and stair climbing keep bones strongest.
- Consume less caffeine: Caffeine does have some health benefits, but unfortunately not for our bones. Too much of it can interfere with the body's ability to absorb calcium. Drinking more than two cups of coffee per day accelerated bone loss in subjects who also didn't consume enough calcium. Also more than 18 ounces of coffee per day can accelerate bone loss by negatively interacting with vitamin d. So enjoy the java, but keep it in moderation and consume enough calcium, too.
- Quit smoking: Here's yet another reason to lose the cigarettes: multiple studies have shown that smoking can prevent the body from efficiently absorbing calcium, decreasing bone mass.
I have miscarriage of one & half month baby by mifrostone medicine course. Now I have 10 month gone. I am not going to pregnant again. I tested no thyroid blood group of husband wife is b+ & not any same problem of my hubby. please recommend any thing who helps me.
I am 33 weeks pregnant now I am getting vaginal spotting in 8 days will it be harmful for me and my baby.
My wife was pregnant 8 weeks, but no fetus node occurs, no increase in fetus size just 10 mm today, dr.proceed for D&c and complete procedure. If the Dr. Do best or not. What are the precautions in next some days so that her health can improve also we want to proceed for tubactomy ,after how many days we can proceed for this. During this period of operation please tell me about safety of sex.
Hi, I am 83 days pregnant now. I had small blood clot and 2 drop spotting on 48th day. But it disappears in my last scan on 60th day. Now I need to travel to chennai on 88th day. Train is not available. By car it will take 14 hours for going and coming. By flight it will take 6 hours. Which is safe or is there any risk if I travel at this period. Thanks in advance.
My friend she is having a vaginal infection. She used medicines, still she gets infection. It includes itching mostly. Can you suggest something for her?
Description : Planning your pregnancy is the most vital action that you may take for your baby’s health. Similarly, preconception counselling is as vital as your pregnancy. It helps you to devise a plan that can improve your chances of getting pregnant, and maintaining a healthy pregnancy. Also, caring for your health before you become pregnant will aid you learn about any risk factors and easily treat any medical problems that you may have before you become pregnant. Proper planning for your pregnancy before you conceive will help you make healthy choices for you and your baby. Preconception counselling plays a crucial role in preparing for your pregnancy. Couples with a history of recurrent early pregnancy loss, counselling is of particular importance because women are invariably more distressed and require reassurance that everything possible is being done to avoid future pregnancy losses.Preconceptional counselling is vital for all women of child bearing age because many pregnancies are unplanned, and risks of complications can be easily minimized by interventions before conception. Benefits of Pre Conceptional Counselling Make better chances for a successful pregnancy Make the body better for the forthcoming pregnancy Reduce risk factors Preferably preconceptional counselling should be done when a women is considering motherhood. The purpose of preconceptional counselling and care is to identify risk factors for adverse maternal or fetal outcome, edify and counsel the patient based on their specific needs, and indulge or stabilize medical conditions prior to conception in order to increase the prospects of successful outcomes. An awareness of the availability & advantages of Klik4cure will go a long way in improving the pregnancy outcome.Delightful pregnancy care commences before pregnancy. For obviously normal, fit couple planning a pregnancy there may be beneficial in discussing this with a specialized advisor. DrDeepika Solge will help you to understand your problems and accordingly can suggest a good treatment to you ensuring a delightful pregnancy further.Ayurveda has mentioned any herbs which can be used before conception to purify our body.
FOR MORE INFORMATION CHECK OUR WEBSITE www.klik4cure.com
If we are talking health and health concerns, sneezing seems to be inconsequential. However, in reality sneezing is quite discomforting. Occasional sneezing is a natural defense mechanism of your body that helps throw out unwanted elements in the respiratory passage. This cannot be called a disease. A certain kind of sensitivity in the mucous membrane of your nose can make you sneeze repeatedly. Irritability to specific food products or weather conditions can lead to frequent sneezing. Recurrent sneezing is therefore directly linked to various kinds of allergy.
Ayurveda has been known for its efficacy in treating a vast range of diseases. Ayurveda diagnoses an ailment or a disorder in eight ways. This branch of alternative medicine examines the pulse, urine, stool, tongue, vision, speech and the touch of a person. The problem of intermittent sneezing can also be dealt with through the use of Ayurvedic diagnostic procedures and medications.
- Haridrakhanda: This powder is recommended by Ayurvedic practitioners to treat sneezing. A spoonful of Haridrakhanda with warm milk or warm water can really make you feel better. The medication should be taken four times a day to achieve desired results.
- Shadabindu Taila: Shadabindu taila or anu taila can be inhaled regularly to treat the condition of continuous sneezing.
- Agasta Rasayana: People, who easily contract allergies from their surroundings and end up sneezing throughout the day, are also the ones suffering from acute constipation. Two or three spoonfuls of Agasta Rasayana can improve irregular bowel syndrome. It should be mixed with hot milk or water and taken only after dinner. Even if you are sneezing problems have been tackled, you may continue with this to prevent the problem from bothering you again.
Other Ayurvedic tips to cure sneezing are:
- Keep away from taking a head bath in cold water. Lukewarm water is best suited for people prone to repetitive sneezing.
- Dust, smoke and a rainy, wet weather could aggravate your condition.
- Avoid the intake of cold items like ice- cream, iced tea, cold water, banana and curd if you wish to remedy allergies.
- Garlic, turmeric and black pepper are also known for their benefits in curing sneezing.