Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. ReenaYour feedback matters!
I am single and I am not sexually active. Since a month I am having right side pelvic pain, lower back pain which radiates to leg. Along with this I also have feeling of fullness and sometimes sensation to urinate even if I have done it already. Last month I had increased amount of yellowish vaginal discharge with tinge of blood. I also have bowel issues, but that's since 3 years. As advised by my gynaec I have done CBC, liver profile, urine routine and TSH in blood tests. Everything came out to be normal. As the pain still persisted I have also gone through external USG (abdomen + pelvis ) as well as CT scan with contrast (abdomen and pelvis. That too came out to be normal. I have already visited 2 gynaecs, but no one seemed concerned about my symptoms but I didn't get relief. I read that though these symptoms are vague, they can be sign of ovarian cancer. I am dependent on my parents and as doctor think it's nothing, I won't be taken to any doctor for further advice. Please help.
My delivery date is october 4, 2014, still my period isn't come. Kindly advise doctor, but I am not pregnant I am sure.
Loving relationships are known to improve more than just your mood, it improve your looks and your health. Researchers believe that it might just be the best medicine for most people, as it helps keep your heart healthy, beat cancer and recover faster, boosts athletic performance and leads to spiritual and emotional growth.
Mentioned below are a few of the ways, in which love may lead to a healthy heart and life:
- Better Heart Health: Research has shown that women in healthy and loving marriages are less prone to contracting cardiovascular diseases, in contrary to those in stressful marriages. It has also been discovered that love reduces the likelihood of chest pains and suffering from angina despite having high blood pressure, high cholesterol and diabetes in men.
- Lengthens Your Life: The National Longitudinal Mortality Study studied a million subjects and concluded that couples in a loving marriage tend to live longer and have lowered risk of getting heart attacks, pneumonia, cancer and cirrhosis of the liver. Their chances of committing suicide are also reduced by almost half.
- Faster Cancer Recovery: After extensive research, University of Iowa proved that patients of ovarian cancer, who were in loving relationships, had stronger WBCs i.e. White Blood Cells that kill cancerous cells, as compared to those in unhealthy relationships. They also concluded that patients in love recover quickly or completely eliminate cancer.
- Lowers Blood Pressure: Studies show that when couples are together, their blood pressure is significantly lowered. This research even proved that spending time with loving and supportive friends results in lower systolic numbers.
- Keeps You Slim: Being in love is a much healthier and better option than juice cleanse, when it comes to losing that extra weight. People in loving relationships produce more adrenaline i.e. an appetite suppressant and are more likely to hit the gym and make healthier lifestyle choices to look their best. Apart from that, sex is one of the best ways to lose calories and reduce your weight.
From last two years I have problem of white liquid coming from the toilet place / vagina. I am facing this problem daily. I feel very weak. Tired. Kindly advise me what is the problem. And which doctor should I consult. I m married and having two children.
Hi, usually my periods will be regular but last month I had my periods 3 days before expected date and it lasts for 2 days only and it was light. Usually my periods will lasts for 5 days. After the bleeding I am noticing pregnancy symptoms like vomiting, tiredness and hungry and leg pain. I took home pregnancy test with card but it was negative. I am really confused so please suggest me what I need to do ?
If one had unprotected sex on the 5th day of period. Though the ejaculation was not inside but on the butt region outside. Soon got it washed with water and as a precaution took I pill for the very first tym in life within 18 hrs. Initially there was no side effects but later. After 5 days got bleeding for 2 days. This was around 11&12th day of the cycle. On the 33rd day got my periods for 4 days. And again next month got my periods on the 31st day. For 4 days. In the meanwhile took 7 hpt test by preganews. All were morning first urine sample. And all the result came negative. On the 42 nd & 63rd day from the unprotected incident took 2. Beta hcg blood test and both the result were < 1 miu/ ml. And on the 73rd day from the incident took a pelvic sonography which showed empty uterus and 8.9cm*4.7cm*3.7cm measurement. My cycle has always been regular. From past 1 year its 26-33 day cycle So just wanted to know that is the pregnancy completely ruled out or still there are any chances of pregnancy? please guide me with your advise as this worry is constantly killing me.
Sir, I am married woman and want a surrogate baby, we both have no problem but why I want surrogate baby because I am very weak and I was suffering from some problem so I won't be able to carry so please suggest me for surrogates baby
I am 25 years old I had a sex with my wife and I put my penis under vagina but I am confused that her hymen had broken or not bcos blood didn't came from her vagina and she is virgin and I was trying to broke her hymen from past two years but last night my penis reach till inside but we are confused that hymen has broken or not what can I do?
काजू एनार्काडियम आक्सीडेन्टल पेड़ का बीज होता है। यह आम तौर पर भारतीय पॅक्वानो में सूखे फल के रूप में प्रयोग किया जाता है। ठोस, नरम, मीठा और स्वादिष्ट काजू ऊर्जा से भरा होता है। यह ब्राजील के अमेज़ॅन वर्षा वन से दुनियाभर में पुर्तगाली यात्रियों द्वारा फैल गया था। अब, ब्राजील, भारत, वियतनाम आदि जैसे विभिन्न देशों में इसकी खेती की जाती है। काजू मोनोअनसैचुरेटेड वसा और प्रोटीन का अच्छा स्रोत हैं। इसके अलावा, काजू विटामिन और खनिजों से भरा हुआ है। अतः काजू खाने के बहुत सारे लाभ हैं, जैसे कि:
1. ट्यूमर से लड़ता है: इसमें प्रोएन्टोकाइनाइडिन है, जो ट्यूमर कोशिकाओं के खिलाफ उनकी वृद्धि और विभाजन को रोक कर लड़ने की क्षमता रखता है। यह विभिन्न कैंसर जैसे कोलन, प्रोस्टेट आदि के कैंसर को रोकता है। इसके अलावा इस में विटामिन "के" होता है, जो ट्यूमर कोशिकाओं के विकास को दबाने की क्षमता रखता है। इसमें सेलेनियम और विटामिन "ई" जैसे एंटीऑक्सिडेंट हैं जो प्रतिरक्षा को बढ़ा देता है।
2. संक्रमण से लड़ता है: इसमें उच्च मात्रा मे जस्ता होता है जो विभिन्न संक्रमणों से लड़ने में मदद करता है।
3. दिल के लिए काजू के लाभ: इसमें मौजूद मैग्नीशियम रक्तचाप को बनाए रखने में मदद करता है। रक्तचाप को कम करने की इसकी प्रवृत्ति दिल के दौरे को रोकने में मदद करती है। इसमें, कम स्तर मे सोडियम और उच्च स्तर मे पोटेशियम होता है जो रक्तचाप को नियंत्रण में रखता है। काजू में ओलेइक एसिड और पॉमिटॉलिक एसिड नामक आवश्यक फैटी एसिड हैं, जो खराब कोलेस्ट्रॉल के स्तर को कम कर देते हैं और साथ ही अच्छे कोलेस्ट्रॉल और ट्राइग्लिसराइड्स के स्तर को बढ़ा देते हैं। काजू इस प्रकार रक्त के लिपिड प्रोफाइल को संतुलित करके कोरोनरी धमनी रोग और स्ट्रोक को रोकता है। इसके अलावा काजू एरोरोस्क्लेरोसिस को रोकता है और धमनियों में पट्टिका के गठन को कम कर देता है। यह ओमेगा -3 फैटी एसिड और ओमेगा -6 फैटी एसिड का भी एक अच्छा स्रोत है जो शक्तिशाली एंटीऑक्सिडेंट के रूप में कार्य करते हैं और रक्त कणों को मुक्त कण और हृद्-अतालता से रोकता है। ओलेइक एसिड की तरह आवश्यक फैटी एसिड, कोलेस्ट्रॉल को रक्तप्रवाह में प्रवेश करने से रोकते है। इस प्रकार काजू कम घनत्व वाले लिपोप्रोटीन (एलडीएल) को कम करता है और खून में उच्च घनत्व वाले लिपोप्रोटीन (एचडीएल) को बढ़ाता है और इस तरह हृदय रोगों के जोखिम को कम करता है।
4. बालों के लिए काजू का लाभ: इसमें तांबा नामक एक महत्वपूर्ण खनिज होता है, जो बालों को अपनी चमक, ताकत और काले रंग को बनाए रखने के लिए मदद करता है। इसमें पाया गया कॉपर कई एंजाइमों के लिए एक आवश्यक घटक के रूप में कार्य करता है। ट्राइरोसेनेस एक तांबे वाला एंजाइम है, जो टाइरोसिन को मेरिनिन (एक रंगद्रव्य जो बाल और त्वचा को रंग प्रदान करता है) में परिवर्तित करने में मदद करता है।
5. हड्डियों के लिए काजू का लाभ: इसमें कैल्शियम, मैग्नीशियम, फास्फोरस इत्यादि जैसे खनिज होते हैं जो हड्डियों के स्वस्थ विकास के लिए आवश्यक होते हैं। शरीर में अच्छा मैग्नीशियम स्तर भी हड्डियों द्वारा कैल्शियम अवशोषण स्तर को बढ़ाता है। इसकी उच्च स्तरीय प्रोटीन और अच्छे मैग्नीशियम और कैल्शियम का स्तर मजबूत हड्डी संरचना को बनाने में मदद करता है। उच्च तांबे का स्तर हड्डियों और जोड़ों के लचीलेपन को बनाए रखने में मदद करता है। काजू में पाए जाने वाले "विटामिन के" हड्डियों को कड़ा करके स्वस्थ हड्डियों को बनाए रखने में मदद करता है, जो ऑस्टियोपोरोसिस और कंकाल विकृति जैसी बिमारिओं को रोकता है ।
6. तंत्रिकाओं के लिए काजू के लाभ: इसमें मौजूद मैग्नीशियम हड्डियों की सतह पर संग्रहित हो जाता है और कैल्शियम को तंत्रिका कोशिकाओं में प्रवेश करने से रोकता है।
7. वजन घटाने में मदद करता है: काजू की उच्च ऊर्जा घनत्व और आहार के तंतुओं का उच्च स्तर है, दोनों ही अगर सीमित मात्रा में खाए जाएं तो वजन प्रबंधन के लिए सहायता करते हैं।
काजू के नुकसान अतः काजू को कम मात्रा में खाने से बहुत स्वस्थ हो सकता है, परंतु अगर बड़ी मात्रा में खाया जाए तो कई दुष्प्रभाव भी उत्पन्न हो सकते हैं। जैसे कि:
1. भार बढ़ना: काजू में काफी कैलोरी होती हैं इसलिए वजन बढ़ा सकता हैं।
2. एलर्जी: कुछ लोगों को काजू से एलर्जी होती है। एलर्जी मुंह और गले में पित्ती, चकत्ते, खुजली पैदा कर सकती है।
3. रक्तचाप बढ़ना: बड़ी मात्रा में काजू उपभोग करने से सोडियम तेजी से बढ़ सकता है, जो आपके रक्तचाप को बढ़ा सकता है।
4. सिरदर्द: यदि आप सिर दर्द और माइग्रेन से पीड़ित हैं, तो काजू से बचें। इस में मौजूद एमिनो एसिड सिरदर्द पैदा कर सकता है।
A healthy vagina is the basis of stellar sexual health and wellness. By practicing healthy habits and awareness, it's possible to avoid itches, rashes, and infections. Start by wiping right after a bowel movement. Avoid douches, scented soaps, and feminine hygiene products. Eating probiotic food like yogurt, kimchi, sauerkraut can keep the vaginal balance intact. Add in some Kegel exercises and yoga asanas to keep your vagina strong and flexible.
Everyday Habits For a Healthy Vagina:
- Wipe Properly And No Douching
- Stop Using Feminine Hygeine Products, Eat Probiotics
- Change Pad Every 6-8 Hours And Practice Safe Sex
- Visit A lady Sexologist When Needed And Practice Yoga
9 Ways To Keep Vaginal Problems In Check
1. Wipe From Back To Front
Wiping after a bowel movement seems like a trivial task. Yet, there is a healthy and safe way to go about it. Start from the front and move backward. In women, the openings of the anus and vagina are fairly close together. If you wipe from back to front, you increase the risk of bringing bacteria from the anus into the vagina. This move can trigger bacterial vaginosis, a vaginal infection characterized by a fishy smell, discharge, and itching. It is also marked by a burning sensation that amplifies when you urinate. So make it a point to start from the back and work toward the front. It may take some getting used to, but it’s the type of habit that will protect your vaginal health.1
2. Avoid Douching
Douching is the act of cleaning the vagina by spraying it with water or other fluids. Many believe that this practice will get rid of bad odor and menstrual residue. It’s much different than a simple rinse around the vagina, though. (The latter doesn’t do any harm, and can be a part of a regular shower or wash.) However, about 1 in 4 American women ages 15 to 44 years douche. Popular products include prepackaged douches containing vinegar, iodine, and baking soda. These douches are made to be inserted into the vagina using a nozzle or tube.
Unfortunately, this can adversely impact the natural balance inside the vagina. From dryness to irritation, douching can cause problems that weren’t there in the first place.3Douching doesn’t just flush out the good bacteria but can also help bad bacteria flourish, leading to conditions like a yeast infection and bacterial vaginosis. A healthy vagina needs certain levels of both bacteria, after all. And if you already have a bacterial infection? Douching can encourage the bacteria to move into the uterus, ovaries, and Fallopian tube. This can also cause an infection that can transform into pelvic inflammatory disease, a serious inflammation of the reproductive organs.4
Needless to say, douching should be avoided for prime vaginal health. The vagina naturally cleanses itself by emitting discharge and mucus. And while it may be tempting to speed it up, the vagina is perfectly capable of handling it on its own.
3. Ditch Feminine Hygiene Products
But do we really need them? Most soaps are basic in nature, while the natural vaginal pH tends to be acidic. When you wash the vagina with these soaps too often, the natural state is thrown for a loop. It gives harmful microbes a chance to grow, causing bacterial vaginosis and fungal infections. Fragrances in soaps, cleansers, and gels can also irritate the vagina. While there’s a ton of debate on this topic, there’s no proof yet that vaginal washes can actually maintain an acidic pH. Yet, many products claim to do so. The vagina can maintain a healthy pH by itself. And if it is unable to do so, symptoms of itching and a foul-smelling discharge will manifest. At that point, a doctor’s intervention is the only thing needed.
4. Eat Probiotics
While a nutritious, balanced diet is important for reproductive health, probiotics have an exceptionally special role. The vaginal canal has a natural level of good bacteria that keep it healthy. Most notably, this includes the Lactobacillus bacteria. Research even speculates that inadequate amounts of Lactobacilli in the vagina can lead to a greater susceptibility to infections, from yeast infections to HIV type 1.8 So if you’re looking to optimize your vaginal health, eat foods that are rich in probiotic bacteria. Need ideas? Yogurt and fermented foods like kimchi, or miso are all tasty options.
5. Maintain Good Menstrual Hygiene
With the invention of high-absorbency pads, it’s easy to forget how important it is to change them regularly. Otherwise, bacterial overgrowth, rashes, and general discomfort may occur. To prevent these from conditions from developing, experts recommend changing pads every six to eight hours.9
Tampons aren’t much different. Leaving them in for longer than eight hours has been known to increase the chances of a potentially fatal condition called toxic shock syndrome. Your best bet is to change them at least four to five times a day.10 The Women’s Voices for the Earth report also points out that the dioxins, pesticidal residues, and fragrance chemicals in tampons and sanitary pads may pose a risk to reproductive and endocrine health, aside from causing allergies and infections.11Looking for an alternative? Consider a reusable menstrual cup instead of these conventional products.
6. Practice Safe Sex
There’s absolutely nothing wrong with protecting your sexual health when you’re with a new partner (or multiple partners). Use physical barriers such as condoms and diaphragms to protect yourself from contracting a sexually transmitted disease.13
Another safe sex practice is urination after sexual intercourse. This simple habit can help get rid of bacteria in the urethra and bladder. You can also wash around the vagina after sex to prevent unwanted bacteria and foreign bodies from entering the vaginal canal after sex. But remember, these actions won’t prevent sexually transmitted infection. A physical barrier is still your best option.
7. Visit A Lady Sexologist For Preventive Care
Whether you have a mild itch or a suspicion of something serious, a doctor is a good person to turn to. If you have a persistent itch for more than a week or if it turns into inflammation with a smelly discharge, see a doctor immediately. And if there’s a new vaginal hygiene practice that catches your attention, a doctor is the best person to assess if it is right for you.
8. Perform Kegel Exercises
The vaginal canal is made up of muscles just like the arms and legs. Pelvic floor exercises that involve contracting and relaxing muscles in the hip region can be very helpful in keeping the vagina strong and flexible. This is especially ideal post-pregnancy when the vagina loses some of its elasticity. By doing these exercises often, it can be restored to its previous physical state.
9. Give Yoga A Shot
Performing yoga regularly can also help your vaginal muscles. The ashwini mudra (horse pose) can increase blood flow to the pelvic region, tone the vaginal muscles, and keep the vaginal tissue healthy.17Specifically, this move entails contracting and releasing muscles in the pelvic region.
I am 42 years old lady I have fungus problem in vagina from last 16 years. Many doctors treated me but never effected. Now white non sticky plastic type material is coming from vagina and so much itching in that. Now I am doing course of Ayurveda but never effect. What should I do.?
My wife did not get her period last six months actually she is mother of 6 month child so it is happened after her delivery. She is 31 years old.
Everyone wants to work out but is unable to find time to put in the effort. Exercise, first thing in the day can fresh you up but late afternoon to early evening is the best time to exercise, because our body in general and our muscles and lungs in particular are working at their most optimal performance during this period.
Tips for better workout
Working out at any point in a day is much better than not exercising at all. This is why you should not feel anxious in rescheduling a work out to late evening while ensuring a completion of your daily responsibilities.
In order to provide the body adequate time to cool you should finish working out 3 hours before sleeping.
Body temperature increases after a good work out session and having a bath for only about 3-4 minutes after a session can lower your body temperature significantly.
Abrupt changes in temperature are not good for health therefore, do not jump into your car or head straight to the shower in case you are feeling hot after a workout. Cooling down slowly after the work out can be much more beneficial.
Though you can work out before bed, it would be much better if you do not use your own bedroom for the purpose of exercising.
If you are working out before bed, take a deep and long breath once you have finished. This can help you in sleeping properly. Meditation can also support the same phenomenon because it lowers the level of adrenaline in the body.
I fallen down from bike and hurted my upper right rib and I am pregnant for six months could please advice I have done my sonography and the baby is normal bt I have severe pain I'm unable to sleep pain. Please advice.
If I am planning to become pregnant while using allegra (fexofenadine) Allegra is safe during pregnancy?
Ayurveda is an ancient Indian field of medicine that has been in existence since time immemorial. Many people swear by its efficacy and it is also a proper field of study for people who want to practice this form of medicine as doctors. Ayurveda makes use of a variety of herbs and lifestyle changes including diet, rest and massages in order to create a healthier body. Ayurveda combines Yogic postures with these herbs to create various kinds of treatment for varied conditions.
Panchakarma therapy is one of the kinds of Ayurvedic treatments that can greatly benefit the human body in many ways. This is basically made up of five therapies, which aim at removing the toxins from the body of the patient. One must take a proper consultation with a doctor in order to practice this therapy. Read on to know more about this form of treatment and its various benefits.
- Five therapies: As mentioned above, this therapy is made up of five therapies including Vamana, Raktamokshana, Nasya, Basti and Virechana. These therapies aim at freeing the body of the toxins that may accumulate and give rise to a variety of conditions and diseases in various organs of the body.
- Oils and diet: This therapy is carried out with the help of various medicated oils that help in eliminating the different toxins in one’s body. As per the tenets of Ayurveda, one also has to follow a specific diet and a systematic routine along with this therapy so that the Kapha toxins are removed from the body.
- Ailments and conditions: There are many kinds of conditions and ailments that can be cured and managed with the help of this therapy. Asthma and cervical spondylitis are some of the conditions. Here, the painful symptoms and attacks can be kept at a minimum because these have to do with the Kapha dosha, which is effectively treated when the Kapha toxins are flushed out of the body following this therapy. This treatment helps in cleansing the body with the help of the various oils and the five therapies that are used here.
- Aging process: The Panchakarma therapy helps in preventing the aging process and the signs of aging by replenishing the cells and the energy in the body. This helps in keeping the bones, skin and hair healthy as well, since the patient goes through regular bouts of massage in order to get the treatment.
- Stress: This treatment eliminates stress as it brings about a more calm state of mind. It does so by strengthening the body through the removal of immunity breaking toxins, which puts the hormones back in balance.
Benefits of Panchakarma Treatment:
The results of Panchakarma are very powerful and effective. Some of the benefits include:
- The doshas – vata, pitta and kapha, will return to their original places and function normally. Mind calms down, and intellect and concentration becomes sharp.
- It helps to attain a clear and glowing complexion.
- It helps to reverse the negative effects of daily living.
- It restores the natural state of health and wellness by bringing balance in the system and improving bodily function.
- A person undergoing Panchakarma attains longevity, intellect and freedom from diseases. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.