Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. ReenaYour feedback matters!
Today is World Health Day, let's see what is affecting health the most, world over. Our lifestyles, while full of luxuries that can make our lives easier and better in a lot of ways have actually increased our chances of suffering from a plethora of related health conditions. A lot of the diseases we suffer from today are either caused by sedentary lifestyles or the immense pollution that plagues the modern world.
Here are 4 factors of a modern day lifestyle that are ruining your health.
1. Binging on processed and junk foods
Apart from being high in sugar, salt, and fat content, processed foods are chief sources of synthetic food additives. Preservatives, artificial colors, and flavor enhancers are used in most processed foods. Besides the fact that packaged foods are stale, most of them do not go through proper tests to determine their long-term health risks. Usage of various types of chemicals and artificial additives do their part in worsening the case.
2. Use of tablets, computers, and cell phones
One often hears how cell phones lead to disastrous traffic accidents. But most people are unaware that excessive use of cell phones can lead to ear cancer. Besides, it has been found that the signals emitted for telecommunication purposes lead to stunted growths of trees and other agricultural abnormalities, thereby affecting the quality of the food you consume.
Moreover, computers and tablets are making people more engrossed in a virtual world rather than reality, giving rise to feelings of alienation and depression. In fact, addiction to social media is fast becoming one of the major factors of depression amongst teenagers and young adults.
Also, addiction to technological gadgets is fostering laziness in children of today, making them prone to obesity and associated health risks. Children these days rather play games on their phones than play outside, which also hampers their social and interpersonal skills in a negative manner.
3. Modern transport
The polluting effects of vehicles are a well-discussed fact. Fumes emitted from vehicles can give rise to respiratory syndromes. But besides that, cars, bikes and other means of transport are making people lethargic. Instead of walking short distances, people prefer to use automobiles. Most people tend to use elevators and escalators instead of using the stairs. These lead to less physical activities and decreased physical health.
4. Long working hours
Long working hours are another aspect of a modern lifestyle that is leading to a number of health complications in individuals. Not only is sitting long hours in front of the computer screen bad for your eyes, it's bad for your posture too and can give rise to severe neck and back pain along with headaches. Moreover, long working hours add to stress levels, thereby affecting your overall health and making you prone to diseases such as hypertension and heart diseases.
My Known lady Had hernia in her childhood and used to get pains regularly for sometime which used to vanish with some medicines and did not come since some years but now it has come again after years but she has recently delivered a baby who is 9 months old and even she did not get her menstrual cycle after the delivery can you please suggest me what to do or what medicines to take.
In simple language, Hemorrhage is when the blood escapes from veins or blood vessels. This escape may happen because of various reasons like, for example, injury, low platelet count, threatened abortion, piles (Hemorrhoids), cancer, surgery, liver disease, brain trauma, acute bronchitis, menstrual problem and so on.
Types of Hemorrhage:
As a matter of fact, Hemorrhage is grouped into several categories. Hemorrhage can occur post surgery, and such a Hemorrhage is called as postoperative Hemorrhage. Similarly, for various reasons Hemorrhage can occur from the artery (Arterial Hemorrhage), vein (Venous Hemorrhage) or capillary (Capillary Hemorrhage). If Hemorrhage happens because of an injury, it is called primary Hemorrhage.
Other types of Hemorrhage are delayed bleeding post injury (Reactionary Hemorrhage), bleeding following childbirth (Postpartum Hemorrhage), delay in bleeding following Sepsis popularly called as septic (Secondary Hemorrhage), bleeding from urine (Haematuria), bleeding while coughing (Hemoptysis) and bleeding caused in the stomach (Hematemesis).
Further, Hemorrhage can be broadly classified into two namely internal and external:
- It would be needless to mention that excessive bleeding may lead to several complications. It can result in organ failure and there are instances that excessive bleeding can be fatal. On the other hand, blood loss can be external or visible Hemorrhage like those caused during an injury. There are also instances of blood loss occurring internally in which case the patient may notice blood either in the urine or stools, vagina or while coughing or through the nostrils or even from the mouth. In such cases, the patient should be rushed to a doctor who after careful examination, and tests would be able to identify the causes of the internal bleeding.
- In case of external bleeding or external Hemorrhage like those caused due to an injury, you may provide the necessary first aid. When the bleeding is noticed, do not get alarmed and also try to keep the patient calm. Hemorrhage caused due to external injury would normally stop within one or two minutes. However, if the bleeding persists even after two or three minutes, such cases would require medical attention, and therefore, you should rush the patient to the doctor at the earliest.
There are several remedies to tackle the problem of Hemorrhage. Some of the normal procedures followed are IV fluid, oxygen, administering medicines like vitamin B12 and so on. In complicated cases, the physician may suggest bone marrow surgical procedure, Endogenous EPO or such other procedures. If Hemorrhage is left unattended, it can result in several complications. Therefore, you should rush the patient to the physician urgently. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Surgeon.
Water is the most critical component for all organisms, and since 2/3rd of the human body is made of water, a person can hardly survive for about 72 hours without it. For understanding the impact of water in the body, it is essential to comprehend what it does. Right from helping in digestion to controlling calorie intake to regulating and maintaining body temperature to lubricating the eyes and joints, the functions of water are endless.
Dehydration can cast a negative impact on the body function since it causes electrolyte dysfunction. And the bad news is that most people can go unaware of this condition. Therefore, it is crucial to know about all the warning signs of dehydration so that you can take quick action and prevent yourself from further complications.
- Poor concentration along with confusion: Since the human brain is 90 percent water, water deficiency can have a negative impact on a person’s thinking abilities and decision-making skills. Lack of water in the body manifests itself through forgetfulness, amnesia, difficulty in thinking and communicating. It has been found that dehydration can also pave the way for mood swings.
- Dizziness and headaches: These are some of the most common outcomes of dehydration since it leads to reduced amount of fluids around the brain. This fluid is essential since it functions as a buffer that shields the brain from mild shocks. It can cause migraines and irritation headaches since it reduces the flow of oxygen and blood to the brain.
- Dry mouth and foul breath: When you are dehydrated, your body is not able to produce enough amount of saliva which has antibacterial properties. This causes foul breath since there is bacteria attack in the oral cavity. Dry mouth is another important symptom of dehydration since water functions as a lubricant that keeps the mucous membranes in the throat, hydrated which prevents dry mouth.
- Sudden cravings for food: People tend to mistake thirst with hunger, and they end up overeating. When you are not taking enough water, your body will send false signals to the brain that you are hungry while a glass of water is all you need.
- Constipation and other digestive problem: The work of water is to hydrate all the tissues in the body, and the digestive system is no exception to this. Water can keep the gastrointestinal tract clean and supple which helps in regulating the bowel movement and prevent constipation.
- Reduced urge of urination: If you feel that you don’t need to urinate after every few hours, your body may be in need of more water. Dehydration also contributes to change in urine color and in case you have dark amber colored urine, it means you should drink up more water.
So, whenever you notice such signs, understand that you have to consume more water regularly. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.
My Friend Is 22 / F, She Had Sex (Unprotected) With Her Partner On The Day She Was Ovulating it was 31st Aug. Her Period Started From 17th - 21st It's a 5 Day Cycle & It's Regular Mostly. Her BF Just Inserted Once. Just The Tip Of His Private Part. And Removed. Then He Masturbated & Ejected Outside Her. And Later Fingered. So She Is Worried! So Can She Be Pregnant? Or she will get normal Periods as expected. It Was her first instance Please help. Doctors Opinion is much appreciated.
My wife suffering, small sand like bubble appeared inside and outer side of vagina. Itching is there. Please help.
M 18 years old girl n m hvng abdomen pain m not getting periods n the pain is unbearable please suggest me something m scared for last December m not getting periods only once I got.
I have a baby son with 1 year 4 month of age. Now i am 4 month pregnant. Is there any problem to breast feeding to my son.
Can I conceive with polycystic every? is it possible. I have used fertomid 50 mg but egg does not develop this time and egg size is left msg and in right 13*11 on 13 th day and remains same on 16th day what can I do now as my periods are not regular.
My wife had her last periods on 30.09. 15. And then on 13.10 to 22.10 she had dengue fever for which she was been treated. And then again from 05.11 to 08.11 she had normal flu. But today she didn't had her period for this month. And today we had an unprotected sex. Now worried about the outcome. Since we don't need a child at this point of time. So what should I do. And how to dissolve it. Pls guide me.
Hey, I'm 24 year old. I have problem with 2 weeks when I'm going to bathroom it's bleeding and too much painful what can I do.
I had unprotected sex with my girlfriend who was virgin 2,3 times and now also I had sex with another girl who also previously had sex with her boyfriend. So is it safe? Now. Risk of diseases and all. I think its normal. Doing sex with uninfected person. Is safe .but still clear me.
My wife is 19 weeks pregnant. Today we got her scan done. Scanning guy told us heart rate is low 75 bpm and also blood supply is little low. Should we be worried? What should we do?
My wife got chicken pox during 2 months of pregnancy what precautions do we follow please suggest shall we proceed forward or not.
Bathing soap vs. Body wash: what's better when you take a shower?
The most important part of skincare is keeping your skin cleansed and fresh. But before that, it is imperative to find the right product for the same. Skin type varies from person to person, and hence finding skincare goods most suited to your skin makes all the difference.
Bathing habits directly affect the quality of your skin, which involves picking the appropriate cleanse; i. E. Choosing between a body soap and body wash. Each has a different set of characteristics and comes with its own set of advantages and disadvantages. Let's find out which one is better for your skin.
Why you should choose bathing soap bar:
- it is more effective in removing dirt through deep cleansing
- it is suited to skin that is excessively oily in nature as it contains ingredients that are highly effective in stripping off excess oil from the skin
Why you should not choose bathing soap bar:
- it tends to strip the skin of its natural oils and moisture, making it dry and flaky
- it is unhygienic in case of sharing between individuals as soaps tend to accumulate the dirt from your skin due to direct body contact
Reasons to pick a body wash:
- it has a very mild and gentle effect on the skin in comparison to soaps
- it keeps the skin moisturized by preserving natural oils
- it is more hygienic than bar soaps in case of interpersonal sharing
- it is the most suitable option for dry skin
Reasons to ditch a body wash:
- it contains a large amount of artificial additives and preservatives that can do more harm to your skin than good, giving rise to allergic reactions in some cases
So, who's the winner of the two?
You must certainly base the choice on what's best for your skin type. Body soap is more compatible with oily skin while dry skin is better suited for body wash. A body wash, however, is much more gentle on your skin.