Find numerous Psychiatrists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Reema ShahYour feedback matters!
I want to know that what is best treatment of hypertension. Alopetik ayurvedic ya homyopetik What is good for me. I was suffering from high bp before 10 month. Now it is under control. But when I felt high bp first time my stomach is moving up and down with pulse. Is it harmful for me? Can I drink alcohol if yes then how much quantity I can take in it?
Hi doc. Ts is imthiaz. I have few questions. I can't able to remember certain names, places (names) I frequently forget those names. I Do not no why. But I can able to remember many many things in childhood. And also words collaboration is often. This issue in me about 4 month. And I have piles problem. Doctor suggest me to intake PILEX Tablet. I tnk ts tablet side effect. Wht you tnk. Give me your valuable reply.
I am male frm chennai. 30 years old, single. I have anxiety problems in work, studies. Could not study. Very poor focus, concentration in work and studies. I am the only person in my class during college, also now in work having anxiety, mind related problem. But i am not mad. I am taking treatment frm psychiatrist but no solution. In college and work, my attendance and performance is good only for first 2 months. After that its horrible. I could not work, and also go to office. This problem are there from school days. I take leave often from school days. I could not change myself. Took medicines but no improvement. Is this problem due to my birth defects, when I was in my moms stomach? Is this due to genes of my dad, mom? What is your suggestion, advice? Should I consult genetic doctors for any surgery? Doctors said due to chemical changes in brain [serotonin] may be reason. Even after taking psychiatric medicines, no improvement. Slight OCD is there for 11 years. Still not cured. Do you know any doctors in chennai to consult and find solution? I have seen many doctors but no solution. Waiting 4 your reply.
My mind is not working properly in study ,the learning capacity is also decreased than before, what I do?
I am having back pain from past few years, done with all test like x-ray, MRI, tried homeopathy, ayurveda but no relief. Now the pain has reached till neck. I am vry much tensed. I am working so I need to sit for the whole day due to which problem is increasing. Please advise what should I do?
patient's age -51 years seeking solution for schizophrenic disease. I wanted to enquire regarding the treatment of my mother who has schizophrenia past 20 years and we were looking for her treatment in a good reputed hospital. Since we don't have money for her treatment, I wanted to know if there is any amy charity whom we can approach for some fund raising for her treatment. She really needs to be treated as her health is detorianting day by day. Please consider this issue important and I hope I receive a solution from your side.
My wife 50 year old female for almost 15 years now that she has mental disorder namely: 1. She keep on talking to my self 2. Get provoked when I talks of my sistors, mother 3. Does not take proper food she does not go to doctor she says she is ok and no medication is required can you suggest how we go about?
I am 60 years old and a 22 year diabetic. For the past 6 months I am having pain at the bottom (heel) of the leg. The pain is especially severe in the morning after waking up. I had consulted doctors, who had advised me that it is normal and wanted me to have Brufen when the pain is accute if not live with it. I tried with Homeopathic but even after almost 20 days no improvement is there. Can you suggest a remedy?
I am suffering from stammering/shuttering since I was in 6 class. Please give me your valuable suggestion.
I am 24yrs old. I am suffering from depression and taking Nexito 5mg since last 2yrs. But nothing has changed in my life. I consulted Psychiatrist on regular basis. then also I am not able to come out of depression. Now i have High BP due to which Dizziness is there since 2 months. Lots of suicidal thoughts are coming in my mind. Please help.
Sir I am getting tension, I got panic sometimes and I can't sleep also nd can't concentrate in anything, study also. So please give some suggestions.
I am 29 year old guy. .I am facing fear of failure phobia. .I can't over come. .medication without. .I need other therapy.
Does meditation helps in increasing concentration of mind or it is just an exercise for self relaxation?
I am a 25 old female. I feel like I am depressed and feel anxious at times in everyday life situations. Is this normal or should I seek help?
Sir/mam I lost my thinking skills lose interest in studies and PC games which were used to my favourite. When I am in previous class science was my favourite subject as I do not cram anything and understand the fact now I am in 11th I think that I should cram it. Then suddenly my mind stops me but then again I think I should cram. Upto 10th I have many big dreams like becoming a doctor and I am intelligent too in 10th but now in 11th whenever I try to study my heart always told me "WHAT HAPPEN IF YOU NOT STUDY JUST YOU WILL DO A SMALL business AND ALSO WHAT HAPPENS IF YOU DO not EARN ANYTHING OR FAIL IN business WHAT HAPPENS. Such thoughts are always in my mind I get enjoyed by solving maths questions but now no more. Even if get full marks sometimes in a test I don't get such satisfaction or pleasure as I used to be. I ask teacher questions and questions until I get my answer but now if I don't understand anything I have no will of asking questions. Please help me.
Being constantly anxious impairs work performance and creates havoc in relationships. The best way to deal with it to accept that it is only a temporary phase which everyone faces. If you keep worrying and try to fight it, you will become even more anxious and your health will become even worse.
It is therefore important that you acknowledge it, first of all and try to cope with it. Controlling anxiety isn't a gigantic task. You can feel at ease with by doing these simple things:
- Self-soothing techniques: There are many physiological things for you to do as well which will allow you to relieve anxiety. Diaphragmatic breathing is a very good way to achieve this. Sometimes reassuring yourself is more valuable than you think. Practice saying comforting things to yourself and the stress and anxiety will automatically reduce. Muscle relaxation is yet another method which will allow you to decrease your anxiety.
- Deep breathing: A 5-minute breathing regime is a sure shot way to relieve anxiety. Sit straight with closed eyes and place your hands on your abdomen. First start with slow inhalation of air through the nose. Feel the breath through your abdomen and head and then reverse the process by exhaling it out through the mouth.
- Meditation: Meditation for a few minutes daily helps relieve anxiety. Meditation is the simplest way to beat anxiety. All you have to do is just sit straight with feet on the floor and closed eyes. Next just focus your energy on reciting a mantra.
- Get adequate sleep: Everyone feels bad when they do not sleep enough. However, did you know that lack of sleep is a major cause of anxiety. The more you sleep, the less anxious you will feel.
- Exercise regularly: You probably know that exercise is very important for maintaining good health. However, what you probably do not know is that exercise is perhaps more effective than even medication in relieving your anxiety. Therefore, it is imperative for you to get moving.
- Monitor your diet: Your diet is crucial in reducing your anxiety as caffeine and alcohol are two of the leading causes of anxiety in your body. However, abruptly stopping your intake of caffeine and alcohol also leads to withdrawal symptoms. Therefore balancing out intake of alcohol and caffeine is crucial. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychiatrist.
My age is 26 and I live in hostel. I have started gaining fatty tummy. Please suggest me what to do to get my original shape. I am really depressed with it.
If you check the recent scientific studies, then you will come to know that PPI drugs are treated as the popular medicines to treat heartburn troubles, but as the side-effect, you will face acute cognitive troubles. Your mental condition might get affected in various ways causing memory or concentration loss, decrease in brain ability and others. Though, these drugs are very safe but only effectively treating heartburn troubles, especially gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
How Dementia is related with PPI drugs?
PPI drugs are normally recommended by doctors for treating heartburn issues, but if you are taking these drugs on a continuous basis, then you might face the unwanted signs or symptoms of dementia. This is a hardcore fact, and it has been observed by many reputed researchers of the present age. There are some commonest symptoms that can be observed due to dementia, and some of the prominent ones are as follows:-
- Beta-amyloid production: Beta-amyloid is a kind of protein and the growth of this specific protein increases to a great extent with the consistent intake of PPI drugs. This protein might lead to the increase in varied dementia signs, out of which the most severe kind of situation is Alzheimer's disease. This disease might get converted into dreadful condition at times, and this is the reason a regular or consistent intake of PPI drugs should be essentially avoided. If you are facing this condition, then you should report about the same to your doctor immediately. This protein is very toxic or harmful for the brain as your mental ability is being adversely affected.
- Decrease of vitamin B12: If vitamin B12 decreases day by day, then acute mental disturbances will get invited. If you want to avoid this kind of condition, then nothing can be a better option other than avoiding PPI drugs. This is the only reason that doctors never recommend taking these drugs in an excessive limit. In fact, sometimes, these drugs are prescribed along with other potential medicines that can help in maintaining mental health in good condition. If you have got any family history of mental trouble, then you should reveal the same to your doctor so that strong PPI medicines are not prescribed for gastric troubles. In fact, there are few limitations among PPI drugs that are never to be prescribed by doctors and all the doctors should follow the same in a sincere manner. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.