Find numerous Psychiatrists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Reema ShahYour feedback matters!
Hello sir, I need to concentrate on my studies I am a day dreamer I am not able to concentrate on my studies please help me.
My marriage was 1 year ago. My wife is an asst professor. She do not like my family my home and members of my community. She always quarrels with me regarding my family. Bt she loves me alot. She always speak rudely to my family members. Is it a disease or not. Is there any remedy for this.
Have you been emotionally invested in a relationship for quite some time? Have you faced continual fights and disagreements with your partner? Have these fights resulted into frustration or have they affected the natural course of your respective lives? If yes, it is time for you to reassess the effort or rather the kind of effort you put in to make things work. Quarrels are an integral part of any healthy and serious relationship. However, an overdose may lead to severed ties. It bruises your memory and leaves you too distraught to engage in an emotional attachment. The kind of mindset a person applies to his or her relationship determines the kind of treatment the person receives in the relationship. Hence, you must be very careful.
A healthier mindset can be adopted in the following ways:
- To complain as least as possible: Keep low expectations from your partner. The most common reason for conflict in relationships is the list of expectations, which when left unfulfilled leads to complaining and nagging. What you do for your partner is what 'you think is the right thing', but your partner may not hold the same perspective.
- Respecting and accepting your partner as he/she is: A package deal, will resolve many issues without debate. When pointed out in subtle ways, your partner will understand and try to change for you , if she/he wishes to.
- Try to have a growth oriented mindset: A growth oriented mindset as opposed to a fixed mindset can always help. When you have a fixed mindset you easily give up on your partner or on the relationship. You tend to feel hopeless about future and associate a lack of growth or change with your partner. A growth- oriented mindset endows you with hope. A situation is perceived as an occurrence in the present that need not necessarily be translated into future. Also, such a mindset expects both parties to accept and encourage change and growth of individuals in the relationship. Anything contrary can make your relationship boring.
- Stop using labels: Labeling is an indecent way of identifying the problem with your partner or with the relationship in general. You should neither brand yourself as something or your partner as something else. Associating critical adjectives with one another is a way of demeaning your lover and can dissuade your partner from communicating his or her viewpoint.
- Look for the trigger: Most quarrels result from a trigger. Trying to pinpoint the trigger with a cool head can actually be of use. This will make partners aware of their faults and instead of dodging the situation they will be able to deal with it better.
- Try to rekindle the spark: Time, overburdening responsibilities or workload can make your relationship a routine affair. An element of secrecy and excitement is important. Therefore, desire should never take a backseat in your relationship. Try to fulfill your partner's desire and let him or her know about your expectations as well.
Hey. Am 25 years old. Working in MNC. I have smoking problem. I am not chain smoker but I used to smoke 1 cigarette every day. I tried hard to quit but can't. Could you please help me.
Respected doctors, I am a male of 29 years of age, I am suffering from generalized anxiety disorder feeling like I am in a dream like state, light headed, foggy vision, stiff head, head feeling numb, depersonalization, tough to carry on life since 1 and half year. One of psychiatrist tell me that I had taken lots of medicine as I was hospitalized 3 times in a year and therefore depersonalised has taken place and feeling numbness in entire head due to heavy medicine and waves r feeling in my head. Eat healthy sleep healthy will create stamina and slowly your anxiety will be improved. Please answer.
I am suffering from health anxiety. I am 25 I am obese bmi 30. I always think something terrible is gonna happen. I smoke 4 cigarette a day and constantly Google lung cancer and copd I got checked out got chest xray and ultrasound everything is fine. Except fatty streaks on liver. I keep researching on all these health conditions what do I do how do stop thinking about all of these am I really at risk of something.
Hello mam, I am a diabetic patient, what kind of good for my health? And how to reduce stress form the mind. Give me some tips.
Hi Team, I am trying to quit smoking from past 2 to 3 months but I am not able to do that. I've been stopping it for 2 to 3 days but again I am pulling towards it. please suggest me better ways to stop it in any manner. Thanks & Regards, Harish☺
I am a 61 years old male. Since the last 7-8 months I am passing through lot of stress due to disharmony with my brothers and mother as well as due to stress in the professional life. I feel very secluded. My mother who is 81 years old and paralytic and staying with us plays dirty roles and makes everbody quarrel in the family and tells al lies. Due to her presence there is an unexplained stress. We cannot also move out of our house because of her sickness. One of daughter has had a seperation from her husband and divorce with consent has been filed without any financial claim from either side. My younger daughter was recently married in a very high profile family. There was lot of stress because of arrangements of her wedding. However, the wedding took place and everything went of very well. In fact it turned out to be dream wedding. Despite that I feel that the pre-wedding stress is still causing depression. Both daughters are very well settled professionally and satisfied also despite elder daughter being seperated. We are four brothers and and all of us have misunderstanding amongst ourselves mainly because of miscommunications and lies by our mother thus creating misunderstanding in the family. I had suffered depression due to these family problems and disharmony in the family about 35 years back also when I was young. I had undergone psycatric treatment for about 6 months. I was on a drug called depsonil from 3 tabs a day which went upto 6 tablets a day and was slowly withdrawn. I feel very low and dont feel like meeting anyone or talking to anyone. I suffer from a cardiac condition hocm for which I am taking 1 tab atenolol -50 and 1 tab amlopress 2.5 od. Please suggest a remedy.
I am 38 yrs old, I forget the names, maximum time I can' t remember the name of person place, I drink whisky. I think my memory is going weak.Please do help in this regard
Hi sir/mam, I am 19 years boy. I am studying mbbs 1st yr. Only 15 days more to attend exam. I did not read anything till now. At the same time, I couldn't concentrate in study due to sexual problems like affected on gay sex feelings. Eg.if I see any good looking boy, I get affects him on feeling. I want to relieve from it. But I can't.i have to pass in my exam also. Whats the solution? Sir!
From the last 6 days, I have been facing breathing issues. It has become hard to breathe like the shortness of breath or like I have a feeling I can't breathe and this happens the most when I wear a t-shirt which is tight on the chest, sit on a chair, stand and it becomes normal when I move, do something, lie in the bed, eat. Once in a day I feel a pinch pain on left chest as well but that is not the major one. I don't smoke, not much exposed to air pollution. Are these the symptoms of COPD? I have been suffering from anxiety, stress, career pressure etc. Are the above symptoms related to the on-going anxiety? In 2013, almost 2.5 years ago, I took 70 tablets of clenbuterol by Asia Pharma over a period of 2 months for its unofficial use of reducing weight and during that dosage I had muscle cramps in left chest. Are the above symptoms the side effects of clenbuterol? Can that dosage still have effect on me? How can I ensure that they didn't have effect on me, any test? After leaving clenbuterol I lost the weight more than I expected and my cheeks had sunken and before that I had chubby cheeks. Now I am normal but my cheeks are still sunken. One doctor me to take Alfalfa syrup German in homeopathy to get rid of sunken cheeks, shall I take that? What are the above symptoms all about? COPD or stress or side effect of clenbuterol? How can I ensure that clenbuterol had no effect on me?
Any patient who is having seizures or epilepsy should take medicines regularly. A patient who has seizures and on medicine should be seizure-free for a minimum of two years before tapering of dosage. Most of the patients who become seizure free for few months or a year tries to decrease their dose on their own and sometimes stop it, that increases their chance of recurrence of seizures. It's very harmful because it affects their natural history of the disease and the seizures which could be controlled on single drug become drug resistant seizures. When a patient is considered for tapering of dosage. His drug is tapered slowly over few months.