Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Reema ShahYour feedback matters!
I was 14 year old then the yellow spot on my upper front 4 teeth I had treatment from many doctors but the spot is not go away so please suggest me what should I do?
Nobody is happy with their teeth and everybody wants whiter, brighter teeth. In the last few decades, tooth whitening is one of the most commonly done cosmetic dental procedures. Majority of these people are in the age of 10 to 25, who are very conscious about their looks.
What needs to be understood is that dental whitening is permissible to a certain extent. Not many people realize this and continue to use teeth whiteners even after the desired result is achieved in an effort to get it a couple of more shades lighter. This is something that we need to watch our for.
Safety of tooth whitening: Some of the supposedly unsafe aspects of tooth whitening are most products used currently are tested both on patients and in laboratory and are proven to be completely safe. However, overuse or misuse of these products can lead to issues. The active chemical ingredient in most of these products is hydrogen peroxide. Most of the products contain about 10% carbamide peroxide, which breaks into hydrogen peroxide and urea. There are claims that this is carcinogenic. However, this is not the case and there is no strong correlation. Also, if the application is done correctly, there is very minimal exposure to hydrogen peroxide directly.
The second issue that most people associate with tooth whitening is tooth sensitivity and gum irritation. Both these symptoms are directly related to the percentage of carbamide peroxide. It is shown that products with more than 10% produce more teeth sensitivity and gum irritation than those that contain less than 10%. Improper tray selection can lead to gum irritation. Also, patients who are overzealous and go about whitening their teeth further can end up with severe sensitivity. The explanation in these cases is the enamel is worn off by the chemical leading to exposed dentinal tubules which, even when exposed due to caries, can cause sensitivity.
Listed below are some ways to avoid or reduce sensitivity:
- When using the bleaching tray applicator, use it only for the recommended period of time. Do not keep it longer to make the teeth whiter.
- Use a paste that is meant for sensitive teeth. The potassium nitrate in these will help relieve sensitivity.
- Use a product with fluoride so that the teeth can remineralize. This can be used before and after tooth whitening for up to 4 minutes.
It is advisable to avoid tooth whitening in some cases like the following:
- Breast feeding
- Ceramic crowns or bridges in the front teeth - these cannot be bleached
- Gingival disease with gum recession and exposed root - the sensitivity is sure to quite high
To avail the best results, always use clinically proven products under the supervision of a dentist.
Pan masala chewing I can't open my mouth how I open my mouth my voice is also changed. please tell what to do.?
Hi sir/ ma'am, I am 21 years old and I am suffering from mouth's ulcer please help what can I do now?
Hie doctor I'm 23 years old. One of my teeth is getting loose (down side 3rd one from middle side}. I don't want to replace nor I want keep cap r something. So how shud it get stronger n healthier naturally.
I'm 29 years old. For last one year i'm suffering from teeth sensitivity. I want to ask that how to get rid from teeth sensitivity and how to restore lost enamel in teeth. Than you.
I generally have white bumps in the upper part inside my mouth and also have problem of itching in vaginal part where we have hair which disease it could be?
Hello. I am currently undergoing tooth treatment, as I had one root canal and multiple cavities to be removed. I am almost done with the treatment. However, I get very very bad pain in both side lower teeth either during late night or very early morning. This happens even when I slp in noon and get up in evening. The pain at times is unbearable but lasts only for few mins. I did asked the dentist about the same, however he said this is called sensitivity and he will suggest a toothpaste for the same. I am really worried bcz pain at tyms is unbearable. Kindly suggest if there might be other reasons for it. And what can be possible causes of pain at such odd times a and what can be measures to overcome that. Thanks in advance.
I'm 22 yes old male, my mouth has turned white from inside, its hurts when I eat anything spicy or hot.
My teeth are getting cavities in spite of regular brushing. What are the other precautions to be taken to avoid tooth decay. Please help me.
Sir, mai 33 years ka hun, mere right side ka last teeth 50% lost ho chuka hai or us k saath chik mai ek Ulcer (Ghat) ban gai hai, or mai us teeth ko nikalva liya hai koi dar ki baat nahi hai na, ya kuch test kervav, Teeth ek dental sergon se nikalvaya hai 28/04/2016 ko, sir koi dar ki baat to nahi hai na.
My age is 25 years I am suffering from bad breath I used mouth wash also but no use and my tongue is getting white very frequently please help me out.
I used to brush my teeth two times in a day with colgate but after 1- 2 hour my mouth always start smelling please suggest me some cure.
10 Tips to Maintain Healthy Teeth :
“Be true to your teeth, they won’t be false to you.”
- Brushing :
- Brush your teeth twice a day.
- Night brushing is very important, because during sleep our mouth is at rest so there are more chances of accumulation of bacteria which cause further cavities and leads to disturbance in the oral cavity.
- Follow a proper brushing technique.
2. Use a good fluoridated toothpaste with a right toothbrush. Toothpaste should have 1000ppm of fluoride and toothbrush should have a small and narrow head with soft bristles.
3. Flossing :
- Flossing helps to remove food stuck in between your teeth.
- It can be done daily or 2-3 times a week.
- Waxed dental flosses available in market are of Oral B, Colgate.
4. Interdental Brush:
- If the spaces between the teeth are wide, you can use an interdental brush.
5. Oral Irrigation:
- Now-a-days, a new dental aid is added which helps to clean the teeth, interdental areas, inside the gums and below the crowns more easily.
- It is also known as dental “Water flosser” or “Oral irrigator” available in brands like waterpik, panasonic etc.
6. Drink plenty of water and rinse after every meal.
7. Clean your tongue surface daily.
8. Pit and Fissure Sealants:
- The grinding teeth in a person mouth erupt at 12-16 years of age. They have deep grooves and pits in which food gets stuck. A Sealant is applied to these teeth which makes the grooves shallow and prevents food and bacteria from getting into the teeth and causing decay
9 .Whitening - Home Remedies :
- Add a pinch of baking soda in drinking water and rinse twice a day.
- Consume strawberries once a day or crushed strawberries applied to teeth helps as teeth whitener.
10.Visit your dentist every 6 months and get your scaling (cleaning) and polishing done.
Dr. Puja Bansal - Prudent International Health Clinic, Kalyani nagar, Pune.