Find numerous Physiotherapists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Reema Parmar
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Reema ParmarYour feedback matters!
I MET AN ACCIDENT ON 29TH DEC 2014, GOT FRACTURES IN RIGHT LEG. X-RAY REPORT IS" FRACTURE LATERAL MALLEOLUS RIGHT (CLOSED) WITH FRACTURE 2ND & 3RD METATARSAL (CLOSED). INITIALLY, DOCTOR PUT A POP BACK SLAB FOR 15 DAYS AND HAD OPINED FOR CHANCE OF DISLOCATION IN ANKLE INJURY. BUT AFTER 15 DAYS, X RAY SHOWED " GOOD ALIGNMENT, NO DISPLACEMENT". THEN DOCTOR PUT A SYNTHETIC CAST REPLACING POP BACK SLAB AND WILL REVIEW ON 17TH FEB 2015. OCCASIONAL TOLERABLE PAIN IS PERSISTING ALTHOUGH NO PAIN KILLER IS BEING TAKEN AT PRESENT EXCEPT CALCIUM CAPSULE ONCE IN A DAY. I AM NOT PUTTING ANY WEIGHT ON RIGHT LEG AND USING TWO ELBOW CRUTCHES FOR WALKING. MY QUESTIONS ARE.... HOW LONG I HAVE TO PUT THE LEG INSIDE CAST ? IS THE PAIN NORMAL ? IS THERE FURTHER ANY CHANCE OF DISLOCATION OF AFFECTED AREAS UNDER CAST ? WHEN I CAN DRIVE AGAIN ? CAN I JOIN MY OFFICE DUTIES NOW SITTING ON CHAIR ? PLEASE OPINE. MY QUESTION IS..
I am 36 year old and a home maker. For past few days I am having severe foot pain. After getting up from sleep too I have the pain. Only the foot and not able to stand for some time .Please tell me the cause and preventive measures to get rid of the pain. Thank you.
I have dheel (hindi word) (a problem at the sole of feet). It was operated 4 years back. But it is paining now. What to do doctor?
I am suffering from low back pain I can't bend when I am playing Shuttle I started Shuttle playing since 1 week how could I reduce.
I am suffering from pain and swelling of big toe (right foot) due to ingrown nail for the last three days. I have been using ointment T back in the affected area.
My mom has problem in lungs and elbow. She is 60 year old and sometime pain is too much and unbearable. Then no other way except painkillers. So can you suggest me any ayurvedic medicine for this.
My name is laxman and in working in BPO. After my working hour I always get head ache problem and I also have knee pain issue so please help me a better solution.
I am 43 years old & suffering with back pain last 1.5 year every day, I have used ointment & exercise but pain not decrease, & also suffering vitamin d3 13th oct my vitamin d3 level was 6.5 second test was oct. 14 my result was 27.3 now under treatment. What I will be do please advise.
I need a help sir /Mam ,I have severe left hand pain from back neck to end of left hand my middle finger for past 2 months. Sometimes I have itching all over the body and anal itching sometimes. My Height is 175 cm and weight 82 kg.
Wounds and bruises are both injuries. However, they differ widely in terms of the causing factors, the nature of the injury, the pain they cause and the kind of treatment they require.
The following are a few of the myriad ways in which the two injuries differ from each other:
- A wound causes quick damage - the skin tissue is cut or punctured while a bruise (also called a closed wound) is where the skin is not torn.
- A wound is usually caused by a sharp object but bruises are the results of blunt force or trauma.
- A wound almost certainly bleeds due to ruptured tissue and blood vessels. Blunt injury also damages the blood capillaries of the skin and causes blood to accumulate under the skin tissue, creating a dark patch of skin. Blood vessels can also break due to lifting of heavy objects or overexertion of muscles.
- A wound carries the risk of infection because the skin is open but a bruise does not get infected.
- A wound has a burning or stinging sensation but a bruise is characterized by swelling and a blunt throbbing pain.
- A wound can be healed by antiseptic and antibiotic medication. Large wounds need to be closed by stitching them up to avoid severe infection. On the other hand, a bruise usually heals by itself. A cold compress and pain killers may be used to ease discomfort. Heat can be applied to the injured spot to normalize the blood flow and dissolve the blood clot.
- A wound can lead to complications like bacterial infections or the healing might be delayed by chronic diseases like diabetes. In case of a bruise, it usually does not cause complications but if there's a blunt injury to sensitive areas like the head, the tailbone or the eyes, medical attention is advised.
- Wounds and bruises can also be differentiated on the basis of their subtypes.
The different types of wounds are:
- Incision (sharp objects cutting the dermis layer of skin)
- Abrasion (the epithelial tissue is scraped off)
- Avulsion (a body structure is torn off)
- Penetration (a sharp object causes an entry and an exit wound)
- Puncture (only an entry wound caused by a sharp object)
The different types of bruises are:
- Hematoma (blood pools under the skin)
- Purpura (tiny spots of blood on the inside of the mouth)
- Contusion (similar to hematoma and caused by external trauma)
- Crush injury (caused due to a large amount of force on the body part for a long time)
Related Tip: "4 Surgical Alternatives For Burns And Wounds"