Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. RedkarYour feedback matters!
Hello sir /mam, I dnt knw y m stomach is getting big then sum time small and even sum time it shakes plzz help me out with this prob mam bcoz I get m periods every month den why this happening with me from last 1 month.
Because of irregular periods and heavy bleeding. I have gained 15 kg, just in 4 months. Please give some suggestions to reduce my weight and to regular the menstrual cycle.
I am age 23 suffering from pcod problem and irregular periods and so m becoming fat. Can you please suggest some solution.
She is 30 years old but anybody who sees her can not believe that she is 30 because her health is very weak. Before marriage she used some protein powder for health but after marriage she discontinue that. For this her health became very weak. please suggest me some medicine by which her health will become healthy forever.
Allergic rhinitis is defined as allergic symptoms in the nasal passage. Allergic rhinitis can be seasonal (occurring during specific seasons) or perennial (occurring year round). The allergens that most commonly cause seasonal allergic rhinitis include pollens from trees, grasses and weeds, as well as spores from fungi and moulds. The allergens that most commonly cause perennial allergic rhinitis are house dust mites, cockroaches, animal dander and fungi or moulds. Perennial allergic rhinitis tends to be more difficult to treat.
How does allergic rhinitis occur ?
This condition occurs when allergens (allergy- causing substances) come into contact with the nose, and usually also the ears, sinuses, and the throat. When allergens come in contact with the lining of the nose and sinuses, they trigger the cells to release the chemical histamine, which causes the allergy symptoms described below.
What are the symptoms ?
- Nasal congestion
- Watery " runny nose"
- Itchy eyes,nose,or throat
- Puffy eyes or 'allergic shiners'
- Post nasal drip
These symptoms may occur during a certain season or year long. They can occur at any age.
Risk factors for allergic rhinitis
Allergies can affect anyone, but you’re more likely to develop allergic rhinitis if your family has a history of allergies. Some external factors can trigger or worsen this condition, including:
- Cigarette smoke
- Cold temperatures
- Air pollution
- Wood smoke
Ayurvedic concept of rhinitis:
As per Ayurveda, Allergic rhinitis is compared with Vata- Kaphaja pratishaya. The concept of Ama, Asatmya and virudh aahara also predict the allergic conditions.
Ama is the product of impaired digestion and metabolism. It affects Rasa and Rakta Dhatu leading to manifestation of Pratishyaya. Wrong food combinations (Virudh aahar) having antagonist properties like fish with milk, fruit juice with milk, clarified butter with honey, ice cream after night meals, etc. leads to allergy.
Ayurveda believes in balancing the three doshas present in the human body, thus treating the disease on the whole. Treatment involves clearing the sinuses and expelling phlegm, alleviating the relevant dosha and detoxification. To permanently resolve this disorder, dietary and lifestyle adjustments may be necessary in addition to the strengthening of the immune system. Panchakarma is an effective means of treating Allergic Rhinitis.
Ayurvedic treatment for allergic rhinitis:
- If the symptoms are severe and in chronic conditions, Vamana Panchakarma treatment, followed by Virechana is administered. This helps to relieve Ama and balance Tridosha.
- In some cases, where the patient has normal digestion strength, Nasya treatment (nasal drops therapy) is administered with herbal oils such as Anu taila or Shadbindu Taila.
- After the above Panchakarma treatments, Ayurvedic medicines are administered to improve respiratory immunity and strength of upper respiratory tract.
Useful Ayurvedic medicines in treating allergic rhinitis:
- Nimbarajanyadi tablet – Contains neem and turmeric as main ingredients.
- Chavikasavam – Fermented Ayurvedic liquid, also used in urinary tract disorders.
- Mahalaxmi Vilas Ras – Also useful in the treatment of skin diseases, diabetes, Sinus, non healing wounds, etc.
Other medicines: Narada lakshmi vilas rasa, Anand bhairava rasa, tribhuvan kirti rasa, shringarabharaka rasa, Mayur shringa bhasma, Abhraka bhasma, Lavangadi pills, Sitopaladi choorna, Marichayadi yoga, vyoshadi pills, Khadiradi pills are suggested.
- Take – Light food, lukewarm water, Kapha nashaka foods like little spicy food, saindhav salt, legumes, soups etc.
- Avoid – heavy food, fermented food, congestive food, too hot or too cold food, soar food, non vegetarian food, sweets, banana, curd, yogurt, ice creams, deserts, cakes, yellow grams, etc.
- Avoid Alcohol and cold beverages.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
- Avoid Alcohol and cold beverages.
hello mam. I am very stressed because my monthly cycle is not in its proper form. Last month I had taken pills prescribed by my doctor then I got my periods but again this month my periods are not proper I got only one day period. Pls help me my age is 24.
Turmeric or haldi is one of the main spices in an Indian kitchen. Not just India, but in the Middle East and Southeast Asia, turmeric has been a favored spice for thousands of years. Ayurveda has long espoused the benefits of turmeric and that is one of the reasons why many Indian home remedies tend to have this spice in them.
Some of the reasons why turmeric is considered an ultimate spice are mentioned below:
- Has very effective anti-inflammatory powers: For any kind of inflammation related pain, turmeric is known to be very effective. Be it muscle pains or skin related problems, turmeric used with other mixtures have often been applied to the affected areas. Turmeric in the diet also has similar anti-inflammatory effects.
- Prevention of cancer: Turmeric contains the enzyme curcumin, which blocks the growth of cancer cells, especially head and neck cancer varieties. It stops the spread of malignant cells within the mouth when chewed and if used in a controlled manner within one's diet, prevents the growth of malignant cells in the first place.
- It has antioxidant properties: Studies have shown that turmeric in the diet as well as curcumin, the primary enzyme within this spice, are very effective in detoxifying the system. It is especially good in cleansing free radicals that may contribute to various cancers, such as skin, colon or prostate cancer.
- Pain relief in arthritis and osteoarthritis: Connected to the anti-inflammatory properties mentioned above, turmeric is known to be very effective in relieving arthritic pain. It is even known to have worked as a pain reliever in the case of osteoarthritis, when it was used as an extract.
- Prevention of plaque buildup and thus lowering chances of heart disease: Plaque is the sediment that may build up within the arteries and thus results in its clogging. This is the single largest cause of heart attacks. The enzyme within turmeric, curcumin, is an effective agent in cleaning the arteries and thus preventing heart diseases.
- Aids digestions and resolves many digestive problems: In small amounts, turmeric in the raw form is very good for the digestive system as it stimulates the production of bile. Research has shown that people who suffer from IBS or irritable bowel syndrome may also benefit from the use of this spice. Apart from this, even gas or bloating and an upset stomach can be cured by ingesting small amounts of turmeric.
Urinary tract infections (UTIs) occur when bacteria is introduced into the urinary tract. The most common symptoms associated with a urinary tract infection are a frequent urge to urinate and burning upon urination. Conventional treatment for UTIs is prescription antibiotics. Women are much more susceptible to UTIs because they have shorter urethras than men do, meaning there is less distance for the bacteria to travel to reach the urinary tract. Although there is no certain way to prevent a UTI, preventive methods can decrease your chances of developing a urinary tract infection.
There are many ways to prevent UTI but most important and easiest are below :
- Drink at least 6 - 8-oz. glasses of water, clear fluids or juices a day to increase urination. Increased urination helps to keep the bladder flushed, which reduces bacteria growth in the urinary tract.
- When you take a shower or bath, dry your genital area from front to back. Rinse thoroughly and dry by patting or by blotting with the towel from front to back.
- If you have to urinate, don’t wait too long. Ideally, you should empty your bladder every four hours during the day. But if you drink plenty of fluids, you may need to urinate more frequently.
Me and my gf had unprotected sex on 16 morning approx at 10 am and her periods start 1st week of month. I took care that sperm did not enter vagina. Is there any chance to get pregnant. If so what we can do to avoid pregnancy. Reply asap.
Period k kitne din phle aur kitne din bad tk sex krne se pregnency ka risk rehta h.kya jab female m.c. Se ho to us time sex krne se v pregnet ho skti h.
I am stressed. I had sex with my gf on the day after her periods. I came in her. Can she be pregnant?
I am 20 yrs girl. I will feel always tied and backache during my menses period plus normally I have digestion problem. Motion is not free to go. What can I do? I don't want tablets or any treatment. I need to clear by eating day to day foods so wat are the things I should add?
How pregnancy calender calculation works for frozen embryo transfer cycle? Example:-- 1.egg retrieval date :4th june 2.frozen date :6th june 3.transfer date :16th july (artificial cycle) 4.β hcg on 30th july : 670 (progesterone 12 ) 5.β hcg on 1st aug : 1600 what is the week of pregnancy today as on 3rd August ?
On 8th of april my husband heavily kicked me in my stomach and I felt down. But on 11th april I diagnosed I am pregnant. How is that possible?
I am 26 year old married having 2 boys. Had a sonography done in feb n was diagnosed with pcod due to which my doctor removed iud and prescribed diane35lately I hd urine infection with reddish/brownish discharge and very bad foul smell itching and burning sensation also and pain lower abdomen and sort of gland near groin region. What should I do?
The shoulder is one of the most important joints in the body that uses a ball and socket to join the arm to the rest of the body. Any pain can make it difficult to carry out motion in a comfortable manner. The shoulder consists of the long arm bone called the humerus, the collarbone or the clavicle, as well as the shoulder blade called the scapula. A layer of cartilage provides essential padding to the bones in this area and its two main joints. There are a number of issues that can cause shoulder pain.
Let us get to know the six most common ones.
- Rotator Cuff Injury: This is the most common cause of shoulder pain and it occurs when the four muscles or the tendons are injured. These muscles and tendons usually control the movement of the arm. This injury can involve strains and tears which may also be caused by constant lifting of heavy objects.
- Rotator Cuff Tendonitis: This condition affects the tendons and muscles that help in moving the arm freely. This usually happens due to inflammation in the tendons. It is commonly experienced by patients who are actively involved in sports and other heavy physical pursuits in their line of work.
- Frozen Shoulder: This is a debilitating condition that restricts the free movement of the arm and is also known as adhesive capsulitis. When the shoulder tissues become too thick, it leads to the growth of scar tissue that hinders proper movement and causes pain.
- Osteoarthritis: Osteoarthritis is a condition that comes as part of aging bones that also become hollow and brittle over the passage of time, which leads to joint and bone pains in various parts of the body. It is a degenerative disease that is caused due to prolonged wear and tear as well as other factors including family history and sports injury.
- Bursitis: This condition is known to affect the fluid-filled sacs that lie in between the joints. These are known as bursae. When the bursae suffers from swelling, the effect usually shows up as pain in the joints.
- Tendon Sheath Inflammation: The fibrous tissue that connects the bones and the muscles is called a tendon. The presence of the tendon makes it possible to pursue activities like running, jumping, lifting, gripping and more. It is protected by a sheath known as synovium, which also lubricates the same. Any injury or tear to this sheath can cause shoulder pain.
Acute and persistent pain that does not abate and gets even worse should be treated with immediate medical intervention. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an orthopedist.
Sore clitoris after finishing my period. If splash water in the area it irritates/pain. I am a virgin. Is it due to friction from pads usage?
We have often heard that prevention is better than cure. After all, who would want to spend time being sick, if it can be avoided and no day ever needs to be a wash out. Well, it can be said that as long as a person is willing to put in a little effort, there can be dividends in the form of not having to pay multiple visits to the doctor. Let’s find out how exactly to go about practising preventive health care.
- Quit smoking: As it says on the packets of cigarettes, it has been proven beyond any shadow of doubt that smoking is injurious to health. As a matter of fact, the habit of smoking can not only lead to cancer as it is most commonly associated with, but also result in other ill conditions and diseases. Quitting smoking is indeed the most important tenet of preventive health.
- Sleep well: Many people think that the practice of sleeping enough for adequate health is overrated, but it is just so very important. A number of people are putting their health in jeopardy in the long run by not making the right choice of prioritising sleep over other activities. There are various risks a person exposes himself or herself to by not getting enough sleep. Inadequate sleep does not provide the body with the amount of rest that is needed for it to repair, heal and start afresh.
- Cut down on alcohol: Alcohol is something that is enjoyable as long as the limits regarding the consumption of it are maintained. A general rule is that no man should be having more than two drinks a day and a woman should not go beyond a drink. When these limits are not paid heed to, the risk of some life threatening diseases such as cancers as well as liver cirrhosis spikes.
- Follow proper diet and exercise: While it is true that degeneration of the joints of a person over the course of time is an inevitability, there is a lot that can be done by a person who wants to avoid the prospect of having his or her quality of life compromised by arthritis. Following a strict diet, avoiding fast food and drinking plenty of water helps in keeping yourself healthy. Similarly regular workout and exercising prevents a person from being overweight, which makes a substantial difference in fighting arthritis! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.