Find numerous Ayurvedas in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. RavindranYour feedback matters!
I stay tired whole day and feel fatigued out of no reason. What could be the possible reasons and solutions of this problem.
Sir I had operated my ACL ligament of left knee arthroscopically which was fully teared before 1 month and 10 days ago. So till now I can not able 2 bend my knee 90 degrees, its about 100 degrees yet. Strength in quadriceps n hamstring is nt also that much satisfactory for which yet 2 walk without walker support. Some amount of pain is also inside when I lift that leg by self frm ground. So pls answer me is my progress satisfactory or nt, if nt then pls suggest me some steps which can help me for early recovery. Also tell in general how much time it takes 2 bend and walk completely.
Two to three of my teeth do move when touched or I eat something. Gaps are also there please advise.
Most dieticians are of the opinion that limiting your salt intake is essential, as an increased amount of salt in the system can damage your kidneys, heart and may increase your blood pressure, and chances of stroke. On the other hand, decreasing it beyond a point can prove to be detrimental to your health in various ways as well.
However, when relating to blood pressure, an increased salt intake can prove harmful to you only if you already have high blood pressure. In the case of normal levels of blood pressure, excess salt consumption will not prove to be too dangerous. Here are the ways in which low salt intake can prove to be detrimental for your health:
- Increases chances of heart diseases: Having a lower amount of salt in your diet - i.e. less than 2000 mg per day increases the risk of heart-related disorders, which include, but may not be limited to, strokes or heart attacks, exponentially.
- Decreases the body's level of sodium: Decreased levels of sodium in the body, often a direct byproduct of a reduced salt intake, can lead to a number of complications. Sodium is essential for maintaining electrolyte and mineral balance in the body. A decrease in sodium levels in the system, in extreme cases, can lead to hyponatremia, which can prove detrimental for the kidneys or liver.
Salt, which mainly contains two radicals - sodium and chloride ions, are essential for life. However, they can be obtained only through food as it is not manufactured intrinsically. There are several essential reasons for why salt intake in the optimal amounts is absolutely crucial in maintaining healthy body functioning:
- It is an essential component of blood plasma, as well as several other crucial body fluids such as extracellular fluid, lymphatic fluid, and amniotic fluid.
- It is important for maintenance and regulation of a proper level of blood pressure.
- Sodium, in the context of body physiology, is critical in maintaining a proper acid-base level in your system and in controlling the levels of your body fluid.
- The exchange of sodium and potassium ions, both obtained from salts, is also essential for muscle movement and in sending signals from the brain to the muscles.
Related Tip: Why Sodium is So Bad? + How to Control it with Diet?
Hii doctor I have being doing exercise due to my heavy belly and I am overweighted too but during exercise my knees pain a lot not only during exercise but other time also as when I walk and come to home so I feel so tried and then not able to do any thing please help me out I want to lose my weight and my body gat but due to this pain I am not able to do.
Last night my mother have sudden rapid heart beat, Is there any big health issue or not. Kindly reply with cause & prescription. Thank you.
He always sleep in one side or we can say (karvat lekar sona) is it harmful for him and also he is week so what can we do to improve his health?
My hair fall is increasing day by day I am taking a balance diet as usual and proper exercises but from my last fever my hairs are constantly falling in bunches today morning when I pit my hands over the hairs a whole bunch of around 30-35 hairs came out at once I am really very worried some r advising me to take biotin supplements but which tablet should I take please suggest me something.
M 22 years girl. My period come 12 days late of due date. Tomorrow starts bleeding but today white fluid mix with blood coming from vagina. Tell me about it pls drs. M in Relation. Help me m in fear.
Sleep disorders are often associated with substance abuse. The problems in sleep arise as a result of direct effects of a particular substance. Substance induced sleep disorders can be caused by many drugs, regardless of whether or not the substance is medically prescribed, legal or socially acceptable. It can also be caused due to alcohol abuse.
If you experience problems in sleep on not having resorted to any substance or even if you are trying to quit, it is called ‘withdrawal’. The severity of the sleep disorder depends on the type of substance used, and not much on whether or not the drug is illegal. A number of prescription as well as non-prescription drugs are capable of causing sleep disorders. However, the severity of the sleep disorders tends to vary among individuals.
Problems in sleep that can be caused due to prescription drugs such as:
- Hormonal drugs e.g. oral contraceptives
- Drugs for high blood pressure e.g. beta blockers
- Inhalable respiratory drugs
- Steroids, such as prednisone
- Medications for attention deficit hyperactivity disorder
- Diet pills
- Seizure medications
- Some antidepressants
Non-prescription drugs that can cause problems in sleep:
- Medications along with caffeine: These may include many cold and cough medications.
- Illegal drugs such as cocaine, amphetamines as well as methamphetamines.
- Nicotine is capable of disrupting sleep and reducing the total sleep time.
Alcohol is often regarded to be a calming drug or a sedative. While alcohol is capable of inducing sleep, the quality of sleep tends to be fragmented during the second half of the sleeping period. Consumption of alcohol usually tends to increase the number of times you wake during the latter part of the sleep. This is because the relaxing effect of alcohol wears off eventually. Alcohol tends to keep you in the lighter sleep stages more and thus, is at fault of not inducing the much required deep sleep.
If you consume alcohol just before you go to bed, the sleep inducing capacity might decrease as the effects that are disruptive continue to increase. The alcohol induced sleep disorders may lead to sleepiness and fatigue during the daytime. With age, these problems tend to grow in severity. Consumption of alcohol before bedtime, among the elderly, might lead to unsteadiness while walking with a higher risk of injuries and falls. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a psychiatrist.