Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pulmonologists in India. You will find Pulmonologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pulmonologists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ravindra Rupwate
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Asthma Management Program
Management of Smoking Cessation
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Obstructive Sleep Apnea Treatment
Asthma Treatment & Management
Lower/Upper Respiratory Tract Infection Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Ravindra RupwateYour feedback matters!
Sir I am having problem in my throat. Generally I am suffered from cough and cold. I am a teacher. My school is in dusty atmosphere outside the city. I have to speak loudly to control and teach the students. From 25 to 30 days some times I feel tightness in my throat It's appear that some one pressed my neck from outside. I am feeling dryness in throat. Please suggest me what should I do.
Hi, my wife suffering from breathing & chest pain. We have got ecg & thyroid test done. Both reports are normal. What shall be the reason and what shall be done next?
I met a girl (prostitute) in a bar. I don’t know HIV status. She kissed me on lips, it was a closed mouth dry kiss for just a second and I did’t see it coming. It took me 3-5 second to release the kiss. Later she also kissed on my cheek and there was a pimple with no blood. She touched me on cheek and chin with hands. We were holding hands, nothing more than that and I don’t know anything about her. I had sore-throat at that time and I cleaned lips and cheek with my hand, later I ate chips without washing hands. At that night, I washed my hands and face with soap and I got cold. Next morning, I got cuts with my own blade during shaving. After one week I saw cavities in my mouth and loosing weight 4-5 kilos and recovered from cold in 3 weeks. After 3 weeks, I got tested HIV 1/2 P24 screening test. It was 0.1 non reactive. Now after 4 weeks, I got symptoms like left upper stomach pain with stool feeling after every meal (from 1 week), rashes like ant bites in nights with itching (from 6 days), headache (from 5 days) and dizziness and pain in right hand and right feet, mostly in joints (finger, elbow, shoulder, knee)(more than 1 week). I have muscle pain in hands and arms and thighs. I don’t know about swollen lymph nodes. I have white tongue and yellow after every meal. I saw a white ring in tonsils. These symptoms never happened to me before. I am dying with stomach and joint pain. I am so much worried and depressed about these symptoms. Please reply asap.
I get congestion problem every 6-7 months due to which I have slight breathing problem. And when I cough my body starts hurting for which I use a chest belt to avoid the pain. I was diagnosed with acute bronchitis earlier is there a permanent solution for this.
Hi madam or sir. Am sumalatha actually one of my friend suffering from polyps in nose. Little bit breathing problem. Actually she was planning for pregnancy. But any problem polyps in pregnancy time. It's OK for planning for pregnancy. After surgery they plan for pregnancy. Pls tell me.
Hey, Actually my voice is not clear from 6 to 8 months and It feels like something is Troubling my voice and I got two white spots On my tonsils and my nose is also blocked Most of the time.
It is an episodic chronic respiratory disorder in which there is airflow obstruction causing difficulty in breathing. It is a very common disorder affecting children more than adults For some, the condition is mild with infrequent episodes & for others it is a serious medical emergency-An episode may pass away quickly and may be short lasting or at times lasts longer & requires immediate medical help.
Causes behind it
Hereditary & familial tendency or history of allergy, which may be skin allergy also predisposes to asthma in the offsprings. Allergy mostly inhaled is the most common cause of asthma.
Allergens can be:
- Environment - smoke, dust & pollution and petrol fumes.
- Pollen and molds from grass, flowers and trees.
- Strong perfumes
- Paints & varnishes
- Tobacco smoke
- House dust mite
- Chemical fumes
- Food, which can cause allergy are:
- Sour food
- Citrus fruits
- Cold food & drinks
- Artificially colored & flavored foods
- Beer, wine
- Canned vegetables
- Infection of the lung, which can be bacterial, viral predisposes to asthma.
- Emotional stress is a known trigger factor for an asthmatic attack.
- Over strenuous exercise and inhalation of cold air and climatic changes are also trigger factors.
- Initially there is a feeling of restlessness with a painless, tightness in the chest.
- There may be cough, sometimes with phlegm and a wheezing or whistling sound when breathing.
- Mild to moderate shortness of breath and shortness and rapid breathing follow with a feeling of anxiety, sweating & inability to lie down on the back.
- Usually the sufferer finds comfort in sitting bent forwards and near the windows.
- For infants born in vegetarian family, vegetarian food is preferred.
- Avoid food and drinks known to cause allergy - cow milk, vinegar, lemon juice, grapes, instant tea, corn syrup, fruit toppings, cold food and drinks, canned food, food additives, beer and wine.
- Eat balanced nutritious diet.
- Eat fresh unprocessed food.
- Consume Bitter gourd (Karela) cooked or juice, it strengthens the immunity.
- Every morning, drink boiled mixture of – ½ cup water, little ginger, 2-3 leaves of sweet basil (tulsi) and mint leaves, or you can eat the raw leaves, this will boost up you immunity.
- Boil a mixture of Bishops weed (Ajwain), tea leaves and water and inhale the steam, helps to decongest.
- Consume garlic and onions, will be beneficial, but avoid them if you are on homeopathic medicine.
- Consume lots of Vitamin B complex.
- Liver, kidney, pancreas, yeast (Brewer's yeast), lean meat especially pork, fish, dairy products, poultry, egg, shrimps, crabs and lobsters,.
- Milk and milk products, green leafy vegetables, legumes, nuts, whole grain cereals.
- Carrots, bananas, avocado, raspberries, artichoke, cauliflower, soy flour, barley, cereals, pasta, whole grains, wheat barn like rice and wheat germ, dried beans, peas and soybeans.
- Increase intake of magnesium in your diet.
- Sea food, nuts, green leafy vegetables.
- Peas, lotus stem, pulses, whole grains, fruits.
Do's & Don'ts
- Try to recognize the trigger factors that bring on your attack, so that you can avoid them In families with history of allergy (asthma, eczema), avoid artificial milk, eggs, cocoa, juices & wheat preparations till completion of 6 months. In such circumstances you can only breast feed till 6 months.
- Do breastfeed your baby for the first 6 months to strengthen the immune system and avoid contact with allergens such as in cow's milk .
- Avoid foods & drinks that are known to cause a problem such as vinegar, lemon juice, grapes, instant tea, corn syrup, fruit toppings, cold food & drink, canned vegetables, beer and wine Avoid smoke, pollution, dust as far as possible.
- There are three steps to be taken when dealing with an allergy.
- Firstly, identify the cause or allergen
- Secondly, avoid it.
- Thirdly, if avoidance is impossible, treat the symptoms.
- Keep a diary and try to trace a pattern or relation between your allergic reaction and the allergen. E.g. Sneezing while doing housework could mean you are allergic to house dust.
- Take steps to deal with stress, anxiety and tension as these can influence the frequency and severity of symptoms
- Good nutrition, balanced diet, adequate rest and relaxation will be beneficial.
- Yoga can help you by breathing exercises. Breathing exercise will help better utilization of available lung space.
Homoeopathy at your rescue
Homoeopathy helps to get rid of inhalers & nebulisation quickly & permanently. Homeopathy not only deals with disease it deals with patient as a whole.
- Avoid smoke, pollution, and dust as far as possible.
- Try to reduce stress, anxiety and tension, practice yoga will help to relax and relive stress.
- Yoga will also help by breathing exercise. Breathing exercise will help better utilization of available lung space. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.