Find numerous Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ravin Thatte
Cysts Removal Procedure
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Treatment of Gynaecomastia
Skin Laser Treatment
Skin Rash Treatment
Hair Regrowth Procedure
Breast Reduction Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hernia Repair Surgery
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Acne / Pimples Treatment
Hair Loss Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Platelet Rich Plasma Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Ravin ThatteYour feedback matters!
Freckles are not always unwanted. While some people can't stand them, a few people find them cute. However, everybody loves clear skin and to achieve that it is essential to bid farewell to freckles. Freckles are tiny brown spots that are caused by an increased production of melanin in the skin cells.
People with sensitive skin are more prone to freckles than others. If you're looking for a way to get clearer skin, here are a few remedies to help you deal with freckles:
- Use sunscreen: The first step towards fighting freckles is to prevent them. Freckles are a result of exposure to the sun and hence using a good sunscreen every day is a must. Choose a sunscreen that fights both UVA and UVB rays. The more your exposure to the sun, the higher the amount of SPF needed.
- Bleach them with lemon juice: Lemon juice is the best form of natural bleach. Apply freshly squeezed juice or bottled lime juice onto the skin and leave for 15*20 minutes. Do this twice a day to see your freckles fade. Along with bleaching the skin, the citric acid also helps tighten the skin and makes you look younger.
- Increase your intake of vitamin C: Vitamin C helps lighten the skin. Apart from the limes and lemons, kiwis, tomatoes, bell peppers and papaya are good sources of vitamin C.
- Use sour milk and sour cream: Sour milk and sour cream contain lactic acid that inhibits melanin production and lighten the skin. Wash your face with sour milk three to four times a day. You may rinse your face with water a little while after each sour milk wash. Apply the sour cream on your face as a mask and leave on for 15*20 minutes. This will help your skin absorb the lactic acid.
- Mask them with honey: Apply a mixture of honey and warm water over the freckles. Let it sit for a while and then rinse with lukewarm water. Follow this by rinsing your face with cold water. Alternatively, you could try a mask of honey and yogurt. Leave this mask on for at least half an hour.
- Try a fruit peel: Along with eating them, you could also put fruit directly on your skin to fight freckles. Blend fruits like strawberries, papaya, pineapple and cucumber and apply it on your face. As it dries the top layer of skin sticks to the fruit and is peeled off. With repeated use, you will notice your freckles fade away.
I got patches like boils around my eyes. From last week and now I got small boils on my forehead from last two days.
I have sun tan on my skin (especially on face and hands. I want to get rid of it soon. For that will you please help me by answering my questions? •Increasing blood to face (by doing facial massage) can removes sun tan? •Is sun tan only affects the outer layer of the skin or inside too? •Can scrubbing face 2-3 times/week removes sun tan from skin? •If I applied milk on my skin for 20 min and rinse off with cold water. Will help to remove sun tan? Also, Is skin able to absorbs all vitamins from milk or anything we apply?
I am 25 years old male. I got bike accident on 21th april and I got stitches on chin and wound on chick's. Can you please help me to suggest to remove marks from my face?
Hives is also known as Urticaria, which is a sudden outbreak of swollen, red bumps on the skin. These occur due to an allergic reaction to an allergen or some unknown reasons. These bumps are usually accompanied by a few common symptoms like redness, burning sensation, itchiness, inflammation and swelling. They can be of varied shapes and most often the larger ones are very painful. Your skin gets badly affected by hives and the itchiness is quite irritating.
Few facts about hives:
- Prominent symptoms: Hives occur due to allergic reactions and some of the most highlighting symptoms are trouble in breathing, swelling, stomach cramps, dizziness and other related ones. People facing these kinds of symptoms are mainly kept in an emergency room so that proper care can be taken.
- Lasting period of hives: In general, the symptoms of hives fade away within a few hours and just few scratches are left behind. Though in some cases hives return either for few weeks or days. Some people experience the symptoms after specific intervals and thus you got to have proper medical care.
- Causes of hives: Some of the commonest causes of hives are medicines, excessive exercises, serious or rare diseases, cold, heat or pressure, insect bites or stings, different kinds of allergies especially food allergies, bladder or other infections and others. Sometimes, hives might occur all of a sudden without any specific reason.
- Who gets hives: Both adults and kids of different ages can have hives at any time. Thus, you should be aware fully of the same in order to prevent this kind of skin disease. Though the symptoms last maximum for six months but still the sufferings are unbearable at times.
- Diagnosis of hives: Hives can now be easily detected by doctors just by looking at the available symptoms and thus no special kind of diagnosis is required. Physical examination is conducted and the doctor often asks a few questions from the patients. If the symptoms continue for a long time then in that case blood tests are also recommended by the doctor. The doctor might recommend any other medical test in this regard in accordance with the patient's condition.
- Treating hives: The doctors often prescribe antihistamines to the patients who suffer from hives. The sources causing hives are asked to be avoided so that the chances of getting attacked by this kind of skin trouble can be reduced. Doctors keep the patients under supervision and then accordingly prescribe medicines for a speedy recovery.
melasma like patch on my face in the last few year. Tried hydroquinone cream. But little effect. Please any other creams or procedures?
I need laser treatment to cure both acne and scars. Is the process painful? What is the cost for the same?
Warts are small, rough patches on the skin (resembling cauliflowers) that are caused due to the human papillomavirus (hpv- a dna virus that can infect humans). In this condition, only the topmost layer of your skin gets infected and acquires a rough texture. Warts are not fatal (they do not cause cancer), but they are contagious in nature and do not vanish easily.
Read on to find the most effective ways to get rid of warts.
1. Over-the-counter wart removers
Over-the-counter wart treatments containing salicylic acid (a type of fungicide) as an active ingredient are commonly used for effective removal of warts. These medications generally eliminate warts by removing the topmost layer of the skin, following the peel-off process.
Cryotherapy, also known as freezing therapy, is generally performed by a dermatologist and consists of the use of liquid nitrogen for freezing the warts. The application of the chemical results in the formation of a blister around the warts, which shed off after about a week. It takes almost 3 to 4 weeks to have completely wart-free skin. This method proves to be more effective when used with salicylic acid-based wart removers.
3. Laser treatment
Another form of wart removal is pulsed-dye laser treatment. An ablative co2 laser acts by cutting and burning the wart. In this type of treatment the affected blood vessels are burnt, leading to the death of the infected tissue, following which the wart too disappears. However, this method is not commonly used if other treatment methods tend to work as it is painful and may leave behind scars.
Sometimes your dermatologist may recommend the use of human papillomavirus (hpv) vaccine to successfully eliminate warts.
In this type of treatment each wart is injected with a shot of bleomycin, a medicine that fights cancer. However, this treatment is not preferred generally as it may be painful and comes with side effects like nail loss if the wart is present on the finger.
6. Immune therapy
When warts refuse to vanish after the use of all common treatments, this method is put into use. This type of treatment involves the use of medications or solutions, which strengthens your immune system so that it can repel warts. In this case your warts may be injected with an antigen or a solution or cream may be applied on them. Consult an Expert & get answers to your questions!