Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Ravi GuptaYour feedback matters!
I am 22 years old newly married female. I have irregular periods. And sometimes I come in periods one in 6 months. I want to concieve. Is there any solution?
Dilation and curettage is a surgical procedure where the cervix (the lower part of uterus) is dilated and tissues are removed from the inside of the uterus. The procedure is usually done to treat heavy menstrual bleeding or clean the lining of the uterus after an abortion or miscarriage.
During the procedure, the cervix is dilated with medication and a thin surgical instrument is inserted through the vagina. This instrument is then used to scrape (curettage) the uterine tissues.
Reasons for Conducting the Procedure
Dilation and curettage is mostly done to either treat or diagnose certain uterine disorders. Dilation and curettage is recommended if your doctor needs to diagnose conditions such as:
1. Irregular uterine bleeding
2. Postmenopausal bleeding
3. Discovery of unnatural endometrial cells while conducting a common test for cervical cancer
Sometimes, the doctor can take a sample tissue from the uterus and perform tests on it to check for the following conditions:
1. Uterine cancer
2. Uterine polyps (abnormal tissue growth)
3. Endometrial hyperplasia (precancerous thickening of the uterine lining)
Dilation and curettage, when used for therapeutic purposes, is used in the treatment of the following conditions:
1. To clear away molar pregnancy; which is characterized by formation of tumours.
2. To treat heavy bleeding after childbirth; any remaining placenta in the uterus is removed.
3. To remove benign uterine or cervical polyps.
4. To clear away fibroids (benign tumours which form on the uterine wall)
5. To remove any tissue that could have been left behind after an abortion or miscarriage to prevent heavy bleeding or infection
What needs to be considered before opting for it?
The procedure of dilation and curettage is mostly safe. Complications from this procedure are rare, but some factors should always be taken care off.
1. The surgical instrument can perforate or poke a hole in the uterus. Sometimes, perforations can heal on their own; but if any organ or blood vessel gets damaged, then another surgery will be required.
2. The cervix can be damaged during the procedure. The doctor can stitch the wound close, or apply pressure on the wound to stop the bleeding.
3. Sometimes, there might be scar tissues on the wall of the uterus. This can cause irregular, painful or absent menstrual cycles, augment risks of infertility and future miscarriages. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Mere 14 Jan ko periods start hue the Maine 21 Jan ko unsafe sex kiya but discharge bahar kiya tha toh kya main pregnant ho sakti hu.
Sir my palm is very hard. Like a rock. If I can shake hand with any person. They said oh. Howz your hand like a rock. Its so hard please explain wht can I do.
Hi Doctor, I am 24 year female. 6 months 25 days pregnant. From past 1 month I am sleeping without bra in night, Since then I am experiencing a bad smell if I am bra-less. Can you please let me know why I am experiencing this as earlier it was not there.
Droplets remain suspended in the air only for a limited period and exposure of less than 3 feet is usually required for human to human transmission of droplet–borne respiratory organisms. In flu, this can be upto 6 feet. The examples of droplet infections are patients with meningitis, influenza, rubella (German measles) etc.
No precautions need to be taken by a person, who is at a distance of 6–10 feet away from the patient. But, if a person is sitting or working even at a distance of 3–6 feet, the non–coughing person should wear simple mask.
In contrast, airborne droplet nuclei, which carry respiratory secretions smaller than 5 microns can remain suspended in the air for extended period and can cause infections to people who are standing even more than 10 feet away. The example of airborne droplet nuclei infections are TB, measles, chickenpox and SARS.
Patients with these diseases need to be placed in an isolation room. And, all those people who are looking after these patients must use a safe N95 mask.
In normal house with open windows, there is a constant exchange of air, which prevents spread of infections but in rooms with air conditioners (ACs) with no air exchange, infections can spread from one person to another.
When sitting in an air conditioned atmosphere, the setting of the AC should be such that the same air is not circulated and fresh air is allowed to exchange. Split ACs, therefore, are more dangerous than the window ACs.
In an office with split AC, if one employee is suffering from any of the droplet nuclei disease, he/she can transmit infection to others. Therefore, patients with confirmed TB, measles, chickenpox and SARS should not be allowed to work in offices with split ACs.
Hello, I have three months old baby and he is on bottle feed I am gaining weight I wanna ask can I start some yoga and exercise? My baby was born with c section operation. please help me.
One of the major milestones in a woman’s life is the entry into motherhood. For most women, when this does not happen in the natural logical sequence of things, there is anxiety and lot of pressure from family and friends.
However, with advancements now, there are options like intrauterine insemination and in vitro fertilisation (IUI and IVF) available, which can help increase the chances of conception and pregnancy. IVF is where the egg is retrieved from the Ovaries, fertilised externally and then transplanted back into the uterus where it grows to full term. However, there are always unanswered questions like how long to wait before going for IVF, is it the right procedure for me, etc. Even after one year of trying if couple are unavailable to conceive then they should seek help of infertility specialist.
Read on to know to find answers to some of these.
- Maternal age: As a woman reaches 35 and a man reaches 40, the fertility rates drop significantly. The chances that a woman at 35 will conceive is about 20%, which goes down to 5% if the woman is 40. However, this rate can be significantly increased by using IVF. The quality of the egg would gradually deteriorate, and so if a woman is nearing 40, it is better to consider IVF as the ovarian reserve would be optimal with IVF.
- Failed intrauterine insemination: In couples who have problems with the sperm reaching the uterus, intrauterine insemination (IUI) is first attempted. However, if a couple is unable to conceive after 1 year of unprotected intercourse, they should seek the help of infertility specialist rather than thinking of IVF only.
- Duration of inability to conceive: While some couples conceive quite promptly in a month or two, most take about 6 to 8 months of unprotected sex to conceive. Therefore, IVF can be an option if you are failing to conceive even after a year. Less than a year, don’t fret. Take it easy and it might just do the trick.
- Medical health: Both the partner’s medical health should be taken into account. Lifestyle changes like smoking, alcohol abuse, drug abuse should be considered, which can account for poor sexual performance and therefore lead to an inability to conceive. Health conditions like diabetes and heart disease can also lead to infertility. Hypothyroidism in women is another thing that must be ruled out, as it often leads to an inability to conceive.
- Sexual problems with the partner: One of the first things to do before going for IVF is to check that the male does not have any issues. Be it erection issues or ejaculation issues or sperm issues, they need to be ruled out. Sperm quality, quantity, and motility have to be analysed, and if they are optimal, IVF can be considered. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an IVF Specialist.
Me and my wife had sex last month feb 27, 28 in her unsafe days intentionally expecting for baby. Last month she had her periods on 19feb and This month her date must be 20 march. She is regular in her periods. No delay in her happenings. Still she dint get her periods. Today is 29 march. Will she be pregnant. Please advise when to check for pregnancy test. We are eagerly waiting for a baby.
Hi SIr/Ma'am, My girl friend getting some white liquid fro her vagina, after 3 days of sex. What should be do.
Have multiple follicle on ovary. Also ovary size increased. But in February it was all ok but now this problem arise. Also no hormonal problem, reports are fine. N I want to conceive naturally what to do to increase chances.
I was having loss of periods for 2 months then Dr. asked to take NORETHINDRONE ACETATE for 3 days then I had my periods on 3rd of completing dose. Then Dr. asked me to start medroxyprogesterone from 10th days of cycle n continue till 25th day. Its been 21 days after completing dose but yet I did not get periods. Y. Please help me out of it.
I am 19 years old I had sex with my bf n immediately I had unwanted 72 but nt yet rcvd my menstrual please help.
Hi, I am suffering from PCOS and gaining weight. Can I take Vitex or chest berry herb as the remedy. As I am unable to conceive due to PCOS. Will it help in my ovulation and cyst problem. Can I take with other allopathic medication. Seeking your advice.
I have a babygirl who is 5 month old I want to know how I can avoid pregnancy for next 2 years. I want have sex with my wife on regular basis without using condoms. Is there any safe practice.
I am 24 years old girl diagnosed with polycystic ovaries so please suggest me which treatment would be effective ayurvedic or allopathy as I want to get rid of this within 1 year tym Please suggest me are there any problems in conceiving as I am really very much worried as m getting married next year So please suggest me effective treatment ayurvedic doctor I shud go for or allopathy? Vil gynaecologist provide me any ayurvedic treatment?
My husband age is 33years, we are newly married couple and having very rare physical relation as we live apart from each other. But when we have sex and after it, he feels pain in his entire body. Is it normal or anything serious matter?
Yes, you are right that is watermelon.
Isn't it amazing to have a fruit whose each and every part is useful, the fruit itself pink portion, seeds and yes the rind i.e. the white portion.
The watermelon rind or the white portion is mostly discarded, has a powerful antioxidant enzyme glutathione peroxidase. The rind also contains citrulline, an amino acid which helps in the production of nitric oxide, that dilates blood vessels and paves way for smoother blood flow, thus improving heart health.
Keep watching this space for recipes incorporating white rind of watermelon. Reducing the footprints.