Find numerous Gastroenterologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Ravi GuptaYour feedback matters!
My mother has acidity problem and she often complaints that she can't get burp properly as they get stuck and she feels hungry even when her stomach is filled and also complaints about some burning sensation below chest. Please guide me for the same.
I am a diabetic patients suffering from last 13 years and also I am suffering from indigestion, constipation, gas. I belong in lower middle class family. My weight is 58 kg my height is 5' 3" so kindly give me your kind advice for my diet/p day.
I want to know symptoms of appendix and what precautions should be taken to prevent at starting stage.
I am having very fast digestion i.e. Within 1-2 hrs of consuming any kind of food I have to go to toilet. Its happening since around 40 days. Bowel is nt completely watery. I also see occasional blood with bowels.
What is Ulcerative colitis? What do's and don't for this disease and what is the diet plan for this disease.
I am 34 year old and have burning sensation since 2000 while eating food as in year 2000 I have suffered from blood vomitting first time in life because of taking aspirin with entroquinol (medicine side effect) no solution still yet for it please help for its treatment.
I am suffering from gas trouble and I am using esomeprazole 40 mg regularly from last 5 years. Is it safe to use for such a long time? What is the ssfe alternative? Pl suggest some solution. I am 48 years old. Daily I am taking BISOPROLOL5 MG (LODOZ 5 MG. In the morning) and CONCOR 5 MG. In the night for Hyper tension and clopidogrel 75 mg and Atorvastatin 10 mg daily once.
The gall bladder is a very small organ located behind the liver. This organ stores the bile created by the liver and releases it whenever needed. We rarely pay attention to this organ until there is a problem and most gallbladder related problems are very painful. Unknowingly you may be harming your gall bladder by eating certain types of food like red meats and saturated fats. On the other hand, eating some types of food can improve your gall bladder health. Some such foods are:
- Fiber-rich foods: Fruits and vegetables are rich sources of fiber and a must in a balanced diet. Fiber helps keep the gall bladder healthy and also helps prevent gallstones from developing. An easy way to add more fibre to your diet is to incorporate a salad with your lunch and dinner.
- Water: Water not only helps hydrate the body but also helps maintain the water levels required in bile. Ideally, a person should drink 8 glasses of water a day. This should not all be drunk at one time but should be spaced out through the day. Drinking too much water at one time will result in the body expelling it in the form of urine instead of absorbing it.
- Foods rich in Pectin: Pectin is a dietary fiber that binds cholesterol in the stomach and helps in its removal from the body. Since cholesterol is one of the major causes for gall stones, eating pectin-rich foods helps reduce the risk of gallstones. Some foods that are rich in pectin include citrus fruits, strawberries and apples.
- Flaxseeds: Eating just one tablespoon of flax seeds a day can boost your health in a number of ways. One of the many benefits of including flaxseeds in your diet is a healthy gall bladder. Flax seeds contain mucilaginous fiber or fiber that forms a gel. This type of fiber aids in the liver’s synthesis of bile acids and thus keeps the gall bladder healthy.
- Omega 3 Fatty Acids: Not all fats are bad for the body. Omega three fatty acids play an important role in producing anti-inflammatory compounds. Some rich sources of omega-3 fatty acids include olive oil, avocados and flax seeds.
- Citrus fruits: Citrus fruits are very rich in vitamins like vitamin C. a deficiency of this particular vitamin can cause gall stones. For this reason, eat plenty of citrus fruits and other fruits and vegetables such as bell peppers and broccoli that are rich in vitamin C. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a general physician.