Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Asthma Management Program
Ayurvedic Massage Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Kerala Massage Treatment
Kshar Sutra Therapy Treatment
I have no sleep till 2-3 am in night after I have some sleep for 2-3 hours but I wake up or stand up from bed at 10 am & then I go to gym for 2 hours take breakfast I feel like I have to go for sleep now.in office I feel to sleep. What can I do please suggest.
Hi I'm sumesh, 28yr old. I'm suffering from premature hair loss and baldness. Right now I'm using minoxidil tropical solution usp 5 %and trichoz vitamin tablets. Please advice if I could have any option to maintain my balance hair and possible way for hair regrowth.
I am a 22 year old male person. Since three days I am facing severe knee pain. I am not able to get up quickly after sitting continuously for even half an hour? What might be the problem? Is there any easy way to reduce the pain?
Hello Doctor I am a 22 year old girl, I have spots and dask patches on my skin due to mosquito bites, this has been a problem since childhood and the spots wont go clearly even after years. Could you recommend me some medicines and their usage Thankyou in advance.
Since last 1 month there is coming more n more pimples on face Which looking ugly Please help to remove them without medicines.
I am 19 year old female. I am gaining alot of weight even though I don't eat much. please help how can I increase my bmr and improve digestion?
My parents are not so tall. I am also not tall. I am just 5'5 and I want to grow height. I have done lots of exercises. Took capsules but there is no effect. Any methods to grow height?
I am 25 year old male and have backache for last 2 year. I take pain relief for that but did not work. Please suggest me something.
Gum disease begins with the growth of bacteria in your mouth and it may end with loss of teeth. Thus, the severity of gum disease or periodontitis should not be underestimated. Tooth loss mainly happens due to the destruction of the tissue which surrounds the teeth.
Types of gum disease:
- Gingivitis: Gingivitis is basically the first stage of periodontitis. It causes bleeding from the gums and also causes immense pain in the teeth.
- Periodontitis: In periodontitis, the gum and teeth separate. A gap is formed between the two which may cause debris to accumulate in the space and cause other infections.
Causes of gum disease:
The exact cause of gum disease is not known but here are some of the possible causes:
- Hormonal changes: Hormonal changes during pregnancy, menopause and puberty are just some times the gums become more sensitive and gingivitis develops.
- Illnesses: Cancer, HIV, diabetes and other illnesses may cause problems with the immune system and damage the gums. This is an example of how gingivitis is caused as a complication of other disorders.
- Bad habits: Smoking causes gum disease as you may already know.
- Poor oral hygiene: Not brushing and flossing may lead to accumulation of food materials in the mouth causing gum diseases.
- Family history: Family history is also a major contributing factor to what may cause gum disease.
The treatment prescribed for gum disease depends how deep it is set and whether it is a case of gingivitis or periodontitis. Here are the possible treatments for gum disease:
- Professional dental cleaning: This is the most common treatment used in the early stages of gum disease. In fact, dental cleanings are usually used to prevent it and are used as soon as tartar and plaque buildup.
- Scaling and root planing: This is also a type of cleaning except that it needs to be done under a local anesthetic as there is a certain degree of pain involved in the procedure.
- Surgery: Surgery is also sometimes used to remove the infected pockets and put the gums back in their original place.