Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Ratna BhagatYour feedback matters!
Hi I am 21 years old. I had unprotected sex last night but my husband pulled out before ejaculation. Can I get pregnant and what should I do to make sure I don't get pregnant.
While small amounts of alcohol do not have any effect on your sexual health, moderate amounts of drinking are known to cause problems in both men and women.
Let's take a look at the effect alcohol may have on your body and sex life:
1. It acts as a depressant - Acting as a depressant (a drug that reduces stimulation or arousal in various parts of the brain), alcohol inhibits certain areas of the central nervous system that are important for orgasm and arousal, more specifically - the circulation, respiration, and feeling of nerve endings.
2. It dehydrates your body - Sexual arousal requires an adequate supply of oxygen and flow of blood to the private areas so as enable you to experience the different sensations that accompany a sexual act. Adequate blood flow in the case of women is important for lubrication and in the case of men for developing and sustaining an erection. Less fluid in the body and a depressed nervous system can affect your sexual performance.
3. It's not an aphrodisiac if you go overboard - Several studies show that alcohol can help certain people to overcome feelings of deficiency or sexual reserve. This can only happen if you limit your consumption to only 1-2 drinks. If you go overboard, the depressant action of the drink begins to take effect preventing your body's ability to react sexually.
4. It causes fewer erections - Drinking large amounts of alcohol or even long-term drinking can cause erection problems to develop. Erectile dysfunction is said to occur when too much drinking causes dehydration leading to a decrease in blood volume and an increase in the angiotensin hormone, which is associated with ED. The likelihood of this occurring gets further increased if the body's central nervous system is unable to act in a natural way.
5. It leads to delayed ejaculation and orgasm - A 2004 study reveals that about 11% of alcohol users face difficulty in having an orgasm. While the men faced difficulty in ejaculating, women participants required more stimulation to reach an orgasm, compared to men and women who did not drink or drank little.
6. It causes vaginal dryness - The dehydrating effect that normally occurs if you drink a lot can also cause vaginal dryness. It causes a decrease in your sensations and hampers the production of vaginal secretions for sexual penetration, leading to painful sex. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
My girl friend (age-21) was suffering late period last 50 days. please tell me what is the reason. Now a days she's so upset. One more think any sexual reason responsible for this problem.
Is wearing a bra during sleep good? Does removing bra whole night while sleeping leads to sagging breasts having them hang down? Is it true that our breasts get firm by wearing bra during sleep?
Hi I got married at 41. Can you suggest any tablets to have sex with my wife. Regularly. We are planning to have a baby.
Pelvic Inflammatory Disease (PID) is a common infection in the female reproductive organs like the ovaries, the uterus and the fallopian tubes and also the inside of the pelvis. If left untreated for a long time, PID can lead to severe problems like pregnancy complications, infertility and cancer.
- Causes: Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STD) like chlamydia and gonorrhea produce vaginal bacteria which travel to the interior organs and cause PID. Having unprotected sexual contact with someone who has an STD is the most common cause of PID. Moreover, medical processes like abortion, miscarriage, childbirth, insertion of contraceptive devices can also lead to bacterial infection. Having sex with a number of people, or having sex before the age of 20, or having had an STD in the past, also increase the chances of Pelvic Inflammatory Disease.
- Symptoms: The disease may show only minor symptoms or it may not show any symptom at all. When it does, the common symptoms are pelvic pain, discomfort while urinating or having intercourse, difficulties with menstruation and unusual fluid discharge from the vagina.
- Associated symptoms: High fever, nausea, vomiting, indigestion, exhaustion, shivering and fainting.
- Diagnosis: A pelvic examination is conducted to check for abnormal bleeding from the cervix (the opening of the uterus), fluid discharge or severe pain in the uterus, fallopian tubes or in the ovaries. Swabs taken from the cervix and the vagina are tested for STDs or other possible bacterial infections that may cause PID. An ultrasound or a Computerized Tomography (CT) scan is conducted to make sure that the symptoms are not being caused by other disorders like appendicitis or other kinds of infection in the reproductive organs. A pregnancy test is also done to take the necessary precautions to protect the fetus from the adverse effects of the infection.
- Treatment: The treatment procedures of PID vary depending on the type of bacteria that caused the infection in the specific case. Antibiotic medication is used to treat the condition. In case of severe complications, the patient has to be hospitalized.
Hi, my question my expected periods day was 3rd feb and I missed my periods its 7days today but still no periods is their and facing headache, lower abdomen mild cramp and mild back pain when I stand for more time, dizziness, and shortness of breath, hungry all the time, motion comes after 2 to 3 days, when no motion not comes I feel bloating, little bit pain in nipples, today in the morning I taken pregnancy test of" I Can" brand but it came only one line in" c" I have taken urine test after 3hours of sleep, it came negative why, does this means m not pregnant or Level if HCG is low, or some thing else is their to worry. please help me. M also taking Thyronorm 100 mcg tablet daily from so many years back by taking this tablet can I conceive or not, and another thing is during pregnancy can any women take Thyronorm tablet or not, please help me.
Till 6 months I gave breastfeeding. Still continuing to give. Bt can I feed my baby girl Amul milk if no why?
My mother is 48 years old and she has a problem of osteoarthritis in her right leg. As we showed to doctors, they say the cartilage between joints of knee is almost finished i.e there is less space and which restricts my mother to walk fast, to use stairs ets. Also they said that the left knee is good enough for now but too much , but with time that will also get affected as whole weight will be on left leg. They have given some medicines for making of cartilage like "CARTIGEN-DN" and some calcium doses, some painkillers (if required). Also they said do rest as much as she can. The reason for such problem is being overweight. She weighs 100ks but she eats normal food and she drinks lot of water but still her weight is this much. Also she has now started going to physician for some affective exercises but from 2-3 day she is facing some kind of pain in her one side hip bone. I just want to ask for diet plan to take and what other measures are there for such problem.
My friend is planning for a baby. She is a regular smoker but now she is trying to quit. Suggest what she should do now?
I am 16 years old and recently noticed a big but painless outgrowth or rather lump on my left vaginal lip. Is it normal? Or should I consult a gynecologist?
Hello doctor, I am 8 month pregnant from last few days I am feeling pain in my left side of vagina pain is not too painful but it hurts by some pressure on vagina and during walking. Pls tell me why this happen suggest something.
Founded upon the principle “like cures like” by Dr. Samuel hahnemann in the early 19th century, mahatma gandhi &saint vivekanandjistated that “ homeopathy cures a larger percentage of cases than any other method of treatment.” additionally, Dr. Charles frederick menninger, founder of the menninger clinic, declared that, “homeopathy is wholly capable of satisfying the therapeutic demands of this age better than any other system or school of medicine.”
Homeopathy works to promote optimal health for the entire individual on all levels: physically, mentally and emotionally. Homeopathy is essentially an energy medicine. Based upon the premise that all disease is the result of some derangement or weakness of our vital force, which by its very existence is energy itself and not substance. Therefore, the only way to bring about a true and lasting cure for our maladies is to introduce a remedy into our organism, which exists on the identical plane and contains those same properties as that vital force which has become compromised.
Embracing those very same principles of nature and of natural healing found in other ancient therapeutics, homeopathy seeks to re-establish both balance and harmony to an individual’s health through the administration of specifically designed remedies. The source of these remedies are derived from all naturally occurring substances. Through scientifically formulated methods, the preparation of these remedies are designed to ensure that they will resonate and stimulate the core of the weakened life force thus enabling it to become strengthened once again and allow the healing process to occur organically from within.
Since the vital force “knows” the precise nature of its own weakness and the accompanying symptoms, which manifest and result from that derangement, once strengthened with homeopathic remedies only the vital force itself can initiate and bring about a speedy return to complete health on all levels.
For over two centuries homeopathic medical treatment has brought about cures for millions of people world wide in a rapid, gentle and permanent way. Until the 1920’s it accounted for approximately 25 percent of all medicine practiced in india. Its renowned use has been long acknowledged throughout the world as a major medical therapeutic. The royal family uses homeopathic medicine for all their members as well as many nationally recognized celebrities.
I am suffering from polycystic ovaries syndrome for the last 8 years. I have consulted many doctors too. Now I have child of 3 years and I also had 3 abortions. I am vex of this. I want to know is there any home treatment or diet plan for pcos instead of regular allopathic treatment? Please let me know.
Dear doctor, I have brother. He is married on 30 april 2015. His wife took i-pill on 2 may 2015. They were gave birth one boy on 30 march 2017. What could i-pill made pregnancy after 2 years. Kindly give me reasons of late children. I am mahesh. If I will marry later can I can get one children within one-two months without sex. I not want to delay children. How I safe and secure relation with my wife. After one month I also do marry with a girl. So tell me complete ideas.
I had an unprotected sex in a massage parlour. She is clean but I'm scared. Do I need go for a test.
I am 28 years old and it's been a year. I got married. I am not getting pregnant. My prolactin test is normal.
Walking has been considered the most easy form of exercise. An average person walks about 3000-4000 steps in a day but it would be really good for your health if you can increase the number of steps up to 10,000, that’s is what every doctor advices people who want to stay active and fit.
Here’s the plethora of health benefits if you are able to walk 10,000 steps in a day.
1. You burn as much as 400 calories by walking 10,000 steps in a day
2. Helps prevent brain-shrinkage
3. Prevents osteoporosis
4. Boosts vitamin D level by exposure to sunlight
5. Tones up your muscles, legs and arms
6. Keeps your heart healthy and strengthens it
7. Keeps us mentally and physically strong
8. Reduces risk of stroke, diabetes and cancer
9. Reduces risk of early death by 30%
10. It makes your immunity grow stronger
11. It lowers disease-risk drastically
12. More beneficial for those who want to reduce weight
13. It is a good substitute for exercise
14. It helps in keeping your memory sharp
15. Increases your stamina of walking thereby increasing stamina required for physical work
16. Keeps your energy level high
17. Keeps you happy and healthy
18. It improves blood circulation
19. It lightens up your mood
20. Walking 10,000 steps also improves your sleep
You do get more or less similar benefit if do a 30-minute walk daily but walking 10,000 steps in a day is the best! As far as counting 10,000 steps is concerned various mobile apps and devices can be helpful.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.