Find numerous Nephrologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Nephrologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Nephrologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Rasika SirsatYour feedback matters!
Very efficient, cooperative, dedicated and humble
I am 23 years old .i am suffering from UTI and tried numerous medicines but soo far found no relief. There is a kind of itching in my urinary tract. I tested my urine many times bt it is goid. I dnt kno wt to do nw. Plzzz help me regarding it.
Hello, I am a known case with ordinary tract gets narrower and requires manual insertion of catheter to open up. Is there a permanent relief that I can get. I have to do this once in 3 months approx.
I have suffering urine infection chemical exam Albumin :Trace Microscopic :pus cells :9-10 please sir convey.
Hi doctor, age 21. My problem is I feel hard during my urinating. Then my urine is more strongly smelling. Please tell me how to cure.
Please Help, I do not know what is happening, I am drinking 500 ml water in a day but I am urinating a lot in a day approx in every 2 hour. And also in morning without drinking single drop of water I start urinating excessively. And also when I drink water I have urge to go urine within 15 to 30 minutes which is pure white colour urine. What happens to me? Why I am urinating so excessive even without drinking water, From where this urine comes from? I am very worried.
My brother is suffering from kidney stone and it is 14 cm how it will be curable and what food he will eat n drinks and I want to know if laser surgery was going on now a days thn how much amount we have to spend because I have no idea so I asked.
I am 60 years old with bypass heart surgery and diabetic for 30yrs. At present my two kidneys have failed and taking dialysis treatment weekly thrice in hospital. My creatine level is 5.3 and urea is 79 and other electrolytes are normal. please suggest me medicines so as to forgo the dialysis. With regards, k. Subbarao 8971694254.
I am a student. I have got the problem of kidney stones and also I feel everyday lazy in the morning?
I Have 1) WEIGHT LOSS 10 KGS IN 3 Months, 2) Flank Pain OR Left/Right Lower abdominal Pain, 3) Blood in Urine then Block Urine, 4) 3-4HPF Pus Cells in Urine. UROLOGIST Doctor done Cystoscopy and finds 1) PUS In Prostate Gland, 2) Bladder trabeculation, 3) Mild Narrow of Left Ureter. NCCT KUB is NORMAL. Can You Please tell me the 1) CAUSE of Weight Loss and Pus in Prostate Please tell.
Dr. I feels pain in back and leg down portion due to continue passing yellow urine and after toilet drops type urine passing, in urine seamen also passes and feel pain. So pls give me a definite way in the direction of treatment.
While tests report shows creatinine level is 1.87 is it dangerous? How to decrease it? She is 77 please suggest.
The prostate gland is a male reproductive organ at the base of the urinary bladder and urethra is a thin tube that carries urine out of the penis. It runs through the prostate gland. A fluid produced by this gland helps to carry sperms produced by the testes outside during intercourse.
Cause of urinary problems in men:
Men experience urinary symptoms either due to inflammation of the prostate gland or prostatitis or symptoms may be the result of a blockage of the passage due to enlargement of the prostate gland.
Symptoms of urinary problems:
1. The need to urinate frequently during the night.
2. Urinating more often during the day.
3. Urinary urgency is the urge to urinate can be so strong and sudden that one may not reach the toilet in time.
4. The urine stream is slow to start.
5. Urine dribbling for some time after finishing urination.
6. A sensation that the bladder is not fully emptied after urination.
7. A lack of force to the urine flow, which makes directing the stream difficult.
8. The sensation of needing to go again soon after urinating
1. A long course of antibacterial medication (for bacterial prostatitis) is prescribed, because infection is difficult to get rid of, the antibacterial medication will need to be taken for many weeks.
2. Medication to improve urine flow and other symptoms (for obstruction caused by an enlarged prostate).
3. Surgical procedures (for blockage caused by an enlarged prostate), such as Transurethral Resection of the prostate(TURP), Laser Resection of prostate, Transurethral Incision of the prostate(TUIP).
UroLift: A new method of treatment for men, where medication has not been successful, but their prostates are not so enlarged that they need more invasive surgery. It involves the Transurethral Insertion of staples to separate the lobes of the prostate. It has minimal side effects and preserves ejaculatory and erectile function.
A number of other procedures that have been developed to reduce urinary symptoms.
Medication for urinary problems:
1. Medications to reduce the tone of the muscles of the urethra and prostate to minimize any obstruction to urine flow caused when these muscles contract.
2. Medication to reduce the size of the prostate gland. These drugs work by blocking the action of male hormones produced by the prostate gland.
3. Medications to relax the bladder, making unwanted contractions less likely and reducing the symptoms of urgency and frequency of urination.
4. Over-the-counter medicine 'Saw Palmetto' (Serenoa repens) is used sometimes. This may help some men, especially if frequent urination at night is a problem. However, recent reviews of the evidence for using Saw Palmetto as a treatment for mild or moderate urinary symptoms did not show any improvement compared to no treatment, in men with BPH. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Urologist.