Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Rasik ShahYour feedback matters!
My 1years old babies legs slightly curved. Somebody said it's called" clubfoot" What is the treatment of this Clubfoot's. Is it costly?
We have 4 month baby boy. And my wife is feeding to baby. After delivery my wife twice in periods but last one and half months she didn't. When pregnancy test she done 3 times the result is negative. We do sex 2 times without protection. Is she pregnant? Please guide me. Thank you. My wife's age is 25 year old and her delivery is normal.
My daughters age is 11 years .she attained puberty today on 3rd October 2016. I just wanted to know what is the correct age for puberty. And what diet should be given to her in her first periods. As the bleeding is very little. Is it normal? Could you please provide me with the do's and don't for first timers.
My daughter age is 18 month And 05 days. When his age is 6 and half months than we find that she is suffering from Iron deficiency Anemia. That time hemoglobin level is 6.5% and that time required blood transfusion. After that when she admitted in hospital that time Hemoglobin level is 10.38% and at presently we take some test. At present Hemoglobin % is 12.20 and LDH level 597U/L and S. Ferritin level is 63.8 ng/ml and we also taken HB ELECTROPHORESIS and result is HB A- 96.5%, HB A2-2.3% and HB F -1.2%. On dated 01/0/2016 HB% becomes down 10.20% RBC-4.18% and some times we give her nebulizer. Most of the time Runny nose itchy eye and regular cold and fever problem. Now I want to know the above report result mean. Can you tell me please? On the other hand last 4 months his weight is constant at 9 kg. How we can gain weight my baby. We are worry about that.
Hello sir. Mera beta 10 month ka hai. Unka Wight 10 kg hey. Unki prblm ye hai ki wo sota kam hai wo pure din me only 2 hours sota hai aur rat me bhi thodi thodi der sok kar jagta rehta hey. Kya ye koi bimari hey. Hamne kai doctor ko bataya par usne kaha ki koi prblm hey hi nahi. Usne hame sleeping drops bhi diye par us se bhi koi gark nahi pada. Pls help me.
My 4 year old Son is suffering from ITP from Dec'15. He has a plate count of around 35000. He has been on prednisolone dosage tapering from 20 mg to 2.5 mg per day till 10th Jun'16. Now he is taking only Azoran 50 mg daily. He does not have any bleeding symptoms, only some bruises.
Hello Dr. I'm recently blessed with a Baby girl. C is going to b 1 month old in 2 days. From last 4 days I'm noticing that my baby is having problem in urinating. Like whenever c urge to pee she cries very hard as if in too much pain N forces too mch in abdominal region. After forcing and crying N trying 2 or 3 minz later she cud pee. And this happens every time she urinates. Earlier c wasn't like dat. Is there anything serious? Is she having infection? I'm too much worried. Kindly suggest.
Hi Dr. My daughter is 11months old now. Can you please suggest and advice what all can be give in her diet in what which baby will get all nutritional to grow. please Advise a diet chat to 11 months baby.
My grand son 3 months baby based on mother's breast feed and milk is not sufficient. Almost in exhausting stage Please suggest to come out of this problem and to feed the baby with sufficient milk. Also suggest the best bottle feeder to suit to the little mouth of baby to drink the milk through bottle feeder
My 2 months old son is allergic to lactose and fructose now he is on soy formula zerolac. I want to ask when will my son be able to take buffalo milk? ? In future is there any difficulties appear in feeding my son?
My baby boy is of 16 months old. He's frequently suffering from running nose what are precautions to prevent it please let me know is this sign of any major problems?
Dear sir/madam. This is my sad story to my baby .last 3 years back we have girl baby. Baby fine for 3 month but suddenly baby got hurting. We go to Doctor clinic. He told me treating but not to get baby fine. Then we go to clinic ,doctor told me go to big hospital ,then we go to hospital baby starting to cry always ahh ahh ahh ahh lyk this. Doctors taking ICU but 3 days giving treatment they told me. Urine infection .baby not cure 4th day baby dead. Doctor not telling what is that problem. Then now 8 month back born boy baby. That baby also fine but 3 month after happening same problem baby starting cough we going to clinic there is giving tonics and some treatment ,also nebloising and baby starting wheezing sound in throat. Then it's not getting control then we going to same hospital there admitting .first day giving oxygen it's cure in 2 day in ICU .then shifting ward 8 hours after suddenly night. Starting vomiting then going to ICU after 4 days baby dead we are suffering a lot, I can't understand please tell me what is this I am very sad. Doctor can't understand what is the problem .they can't find please told me please give me suggestions. We are doing all test all OK fine, please tell me.
I have a son of 4 1/2 years he often gets cold every now & then why does he get cold every time if I give him kerala banana will it effect him from cold & he likes to drink milk from the feeder. He don't leave his feeder.
Hi Sir Just need your guidance about health drinks for my 3 years old daughter. Is it good for her eg. Horlicks, bournvita etc. Please suggest, should I go for these items or avoid usage?
My daughter is about 15 days older nd she suffer from cold nd cough. I am also pharmacist nd have personal medical shop. What medication we do. Is sinarest oral drop or tusq-p drop is beneficial with nasoclear drop? Please prescribe medication for it.
There are few things I hear over and over again from students:
- How they are studying for so many in a day
- How they do not have even time for anything else in their life due to study pressure
- How they are sleep deprived
- How much they are stressed
- And finally, after all the sacrifices and hard work, their exam performance is not what they expect.
Here are few tips to study smart, improve your grades and yet have a life!
We all know that 2 hours of focused study will be much more productive than 4 hours of distracted study. And, the good news is that concentration is a mental skill that you can develop and improve. There are two ways to improve your concentration:
A. First, work on raising your brain's natural ability to concentrate or in other words, learn to increase your attention span.
B. Second, adjust the environment around you to make concentrating easier.
Improving your concentration takes a little time and effort, but it is worth it. In my personal experience with students, I have seen noticeable improvement in relatively short time.
A. Ideas for daily concentration boosting habits include
- Mindfulness meditation: Many studies confirm that 20 minutes of meditation or more per day improves concentration and attention span. Mindfulness meditation, where one focuses on one's breathing, is one of the simplest way of meditation. Start with ten minutes in the morning and ten minutes before bed. To begin with you may try a guided meditation. One can easily find audios for guided meditation online.
- Proper sleep: I am sorry to say this. Pulling all nighters will not help with your grade. Unless you are getting sufficient restful sleep, you are not going to be as mentally focused as you could be to study as well as answer questions in exams.
- Food for your Brain: The more you use certain skills, the more they are reinforced in the brain. So it makes sense that playing concentration games and games that require you to focus will improve your concentration ability. You need to be consistent in this. Play for about 10 to 20 minutes each day. Have fun, and get the benefits but remember not to spend more than 20 minutes a day. Your goal is to improve your concentration and not just keep scoring higher in the game! Try Lumosity and use only free version this will help you restrict your daily play time to 20 minutes and have maximum benefit.
- Eat healthier: Your brain needs the proper nutrients to allow you to focus. Eat more vegetables and fruits and avoid consumption of junk food as much as possible. Instead you could keep some nuts such as walnuts, almond or peanuts as in between munches. Lot of research has now proven that sugar is very harmful for our health. Reduce sugar and refined white flour in your diet as much as you could.
- Exercise: It is helpful in both reducing stress and increasing energy and focus. At least 20 minutes a day would go a long way. Going for a short jog of 20 minutes will make next 4 to 5 hours of study very efficient.
B. Optimize your mental state & environment
In addition to building the habits described above into your daily routine; also adjust your environment and your current mental state to improve your concentration when studying.
- Create a study space: Your brain loves routine. Create a place where all you do is study. An obvious choice is a secluded desk of some kind, but the trick is to make sure you only study in that spot. Studying in bed is a bad habit, for example, because your body is trained to want to sleep once you get into bed.
- Remove distractions: Turn off the ringer on your phone and take other steps to prevent interruptions. Don't study with the television on or with radio playing. Some studies have shown that soft instrumental music (no vocals) can help improve your concentration.
- Reduce background noises: If you have to study or work in an environment where it is too loud (classroom or open space) or too quiet (such as at home or at a library) you can get easily distracted by outside influences. With the right amount of background noise you can actually block out distractions and enhance your creative thinking.
- Use timer: Set a time limit when you need to study new material. For example, let's say you want to read one chapter in a book (and remember it). Decide in advance that you can have 45 minutes to read the chapter, and 15 minutes to review it. Set a timer to keep yourself honest, then pace yourself to keep within the allotted time.
- Stay motivated: If you see studying as burden, it's hard to concentrate. One way to stay motivated is to set up a reward system. Tell yourself you have to earn that hour of watching your favorite show later in the evening by first completing 2-3 hours of intense studying. That way, even if the material is dry, you have the reward to look forward to.
- Take breaks: Take a break every two hours. You mental energy will begin to decline after a long period of study. So every two hours or so, take a ten minute break. Walk around, eat a light snack, or just stare at the wall to relax your mind.
Concentrating is the first step to learning anything new. It only makes sense that if you improve your concentration, your memory will improve also.
How an expert can help?
If you want to get individualized expert opinion about how you are studying currently and what ways you can improve; you can always consult the expert. Once he/she knows what your current study methods are, they will be able to give you specific tips to improve upon. Most likely once you incorporate those tips you will be spending less time studying and your grades will improve. That's what is studying smarter and not harder means!!