Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Rasik PatelYour feedback matters!
I have skin rashes problem. Past one week more. In some places have dots (same as mosquito bite). How to recovery. Can I use keto soap.
Hello Doctor I am 38 years old and suffering from hyperpigmentation since 8-9 years now taking taraxacum q 30 drops twice advice by a doc from months but not getting any result what should I do please help these dark brown patches are on my back and it looks very ugly, of course it's not health related but beauty related.
Pityriasis Rosea is a common skin problem which causes a rash. Although, it can occur at any age, it is most often seen in those between the age of 10 to 35. It is usually harmless and a pretty common condition. It is also worth noting that Pityriasis Rosea does not spread from person to person.
Causes: The exact cause of Pityriasis Rosea has not been identified yet. Some doctors claim that it is caused by a virus, bacteria, or fungus while others claim that it is caused by an allergic reaction.
Symptoms: There are a fair number of warning signs of the Pityriasis Rosea rash. The symptoms may differ depending on the patient's general health condition, the climate condition, and the season.
- Size and appearance at first: When the rash first appears, it has a raised border. Basically, it is a pink patch which can be single, round, or oval in shape. 2 cm to 10 cm is the usual range when it comes to the size of the patch.
- Few days or weeks later: After a few days, 1cm to 2cm patches appear on the abdomen, back, chest, legs and arms area. They sometimes spread to the neck, but rarely to the face.
- Back patches: The patches on the back are slightly different from the rest. They tend to be angled and look somewhat like a Christmas tree. Sometimes it is itchy, but it goes away within 6 to 8 weeks.
Treatment: Pityriasis Rosea goes away without treatment. It usually lasts about 6 to 8 weeks. However, in order to relieve itching at home:
- Apply anti-allergic powder.
- Avoid taking hot showers. Keep the water as cool as possible while taking the bath.
- Eat a lot of oatmeal and try bath products which have oatmeal in them.
- Hydrocortisone cream is very good for the itchy areas on your body. However, do not use these on the face or pubic areas.
- Use antihistamines, but, for children, you must check with the doctor first.
- Apply moisturizer regularly.
- Use gentle soaps and avoid deodorant soaps as these worsen the rash and the itching. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.
I am having dark circles under my eyes please provide some suggestions so that it will help me to overcome this problem.
I want to ask you one question answer that my eyesight is decreasing because I use laptop at night continuously for more than 4-5 hours and also suggest me some steps to remove blackheads.
I'm having keratosis pilaris please suggest some Topical exfoliants to remove dead skin cells from the surface of your skin which contains alpha-hydroxy acid,lactic acid, salicylic acid.
I have black spot on my cheeks. How to clear the black color from the cheeks by any method? how many days to clean that?
My mom is 38 years old and she has a problem of dark circles under her eyes. How to remove her dark circles?
I have dark circle below my eyes, and I am using some medicine and some face cream but there is no profit seen. Tell me some useful medicines.
Hi 26 year old man I have one problem my body getting more smell I am using chandrika soap then I also getting smell what to do.
Hi, can you suggest supplements for glowing skin and hair growth. I'm getting married in 2 months. Is it necessary to get facials for glowing skin!
She is 10 years old, 47kg, she has thyroid and her back neck and under arm are black, doctor said due to high level insulin. How to cure this?
Most people think that having a smoking habit adversely affects only the lungs and the heart. But apart from known links to lung cancer and heart disorders, smoking also causes skin damage. The intensity of damage is directly proportional to the number of cigarettes one smokes in a day and the number of years one has been smoking for.
Here are 7 of the horrible things that smoking does to your skin
1. Premature ageing: The process of skin ageing is accelerated by a smoking habit. The chemicals that are ingested through the smoke cause your skin to age much faster, making it look loose, dull and coarse, with uneven colouring. Most smokers have a muted orange or grey tinge to their complexions.
2. Wrinkles and lines: The nicotine from smoke constricts blood vessels in the outer layers of the skin, thereby cutting off the supply of oxygen and nutrients. This causes the skin to develop visible fine lines and wrinkles at a faster rate.
3. Scarring and pigmentation: Since blood is not flowing properly to the outer layers of the skin, it is more susceptible to broken capillaries and veins, which can cause dark scarring and pigmentation on the face and other areas.
4. Darkening of the lips: Constant exposure to heat from smoking causes stark darkening and pigmentation in the lips, which also become dry and coarse.
5. Delayed wound healing: The presence of nicotine, tar and other chemicals in the blood causes cuts and wounds on the skin to heal at a much slower pace with an increased risk of infection, blood clot formation and death of skin tissue.
6. Increased risk of skin disease: Smoking makes the skin prone to various diseases and conditions like psoriasis, which happen as nicotine adversely affects the body's immune system.
7. High chances of skin cancer: Skin cancer and oral cancer are the two lesser known variants of the diseases that can be caused by smoking. Skin cancer is far more common among smokers than among non-smokers.
The harmful effects of smoking on the skin are not entirely discernible until after 10 years of prolonged smoking. Fortunately, your skin starts to heal itself when you kick the habit. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.