Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Rasik PatelYour feedback matters!
My private parts are little bit dark. Im going to get marry soon. So I want to make it normal skin color. Can you please help me.
Dark circles! Very bad dark circles and my skin type is DRY. What should I use for it? Please do reply. Thank you.
Due to late night studies and using phone laptop I have got dark circles beneath eyes what should I do suggest me?
Hai doctor. Im 19 years old. I have a problem regarding to skin. From my childhood. If mosquito bites immediately rash arises and becoming as a spot on my body. Im really worried about this. I had done blood tests too but nothing was there. Could. You please suggest me to get away from this.
I am 38 years old male and I have been suffering from skin problem in my genitals and area surrounding it as it is burnt. I have tried lots of ointments but to no use. I have lot of pain and burning in my genitals and have developed lot of complications like ED, PE due to excessive medications. I have tried allopathy, Ayurveda and homeopathy as well but not got relief. I have been suffering from this problem since many years and have lost my hopes. Please suggest to get my problem fixed.
I have got. A spot on my nose due tu scratching .i had scratched a small bump and now its gone and I have a black spot. Im worried. Will it go away?
How to remove dark circles around eyes? but without any medicines or tubes or lotion. And with natural home remedies.
I have problem in my hand. A white skin developed. Dont know what will I do? is there any medicine for skin disease.
Hello sir. Me problem hydroceal l small one and one big. And both side red colour mark so hard khujali. Suggest me what I'm do that for solution all weakness.
Sir I got skin rashes as I wake up two days gone it increasing. Like some bug have bite me. Red whole are on left side of my neck.
Hi jb meri shadi hui thi tb tk mera rang gora tha. Kafi log appreciate krte. Mgr jaise hi mujhe thyroid hua fir weight gain to mera colour bhut kam hogaya .sb kehte hai ke rang JAL gaya bimar rehkr aur wajan se b.plz suggest some home remedy .bcoz mujhe koi dawa nai khani. Aur mere chehre pe koi cream suit nahi hori bhut Hi oily skin hai. Shuru se. please koi natural tarika bataye.
Hi I'm a male my face looks oily and sweaty please suggest me the best oil control face wash for me which works well for my face which removes the oily and sweat please suggest me the best oil and sweat control face wash suggest me the brand or product name which is cheap and works well please help me out.
I am 20 year old female. My elbow skin is rough. What should I do to make my elbows smooth? Please help me.
Hello everyone I just wanted to know that how to remove darkheads please let me know the precautions, care etc.
Melasma is a skin condition which causes discoloration and dark patches on your skin. It is more common in women than men. It is also called the ‘mask of pregnancy’ or chloasma when it is caused due to hormonal changes during pregnancy. These patches on the face are darker and symmetrical on both sides of your face. Areas of the body that are exposed to the sun for a prolonged period of time can also develop melasma. It doesn’t cause any physical complications, but it can give you an unsightly appearance.
What causes Melasma?
Doctors and researchers are still not sure what causes melasma although studies have shown that progesterone and estrogen levels tend to affect your skin leading to melasma. Some of the causes of melasma could be-
- Starting or stopping birth control pills
- Hormonal changes caused by underlying physical causes.
- Thyroid diseases
- Prolonged exposure to the ultraviolet rays of the sun can also affect skin pigments (melanocytes) resulting in melasma
Symptoms of Melasma:
Brownish patches on the forehead, cheeks, chin and bridge of the nose are signs of melasma.
Treatment for Melasma:
In pregnancy, melasma usually fades on its own after you have delivered your baby.
- Avoid consuming birth control pills or change the medication for a change in composition of the drugs. More often than not, it’s the composition of a pill that causes melasma rather than birth control pills in general.
- Hydroquinone is an ointment which can be applied on the skin. This lightens the dark patches on your skin caused due to melasma.
- Corticosteroids and tretinoin – This medication is generally prescribed by a dermatologist to lighten the patches caused by melasma. This should be taken under a doctor’s prescription.
- Topical skin medicines – Medications which contain kojic acid or azelaic acid can also help reduce the brownish patches on your skin.
- Procedures – If medicines and creams don’t get rid of the patches, procedures such as dermabrasion, microdermabrasion and chemical peel procedures are advised. These procedures should be done under a certified dermatologist. This also prevents melasma from re-occurring in the future.