Find numerous Dermatologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dermatologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Rashmikanth
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. RashmikanthYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from acne problem from about 8 - 10 years, undergone several treatment but of no use, is peeling of acne can be a beneficial? I am 22 year old.
Hi. I have a skin problem going on for 1 month now. I have medium n small white patches on my face. Also recently I discovered white spots on my body too. My body is more itchy nowadays. Please, may I know what problem I have.
I was using minoxidil 5. 0%, noskurf lotion, ketoconazole 2% scalp solution and triflow conditioner. Now I have stopped. aNd I am using ayurvedic medicinee i. E. Hairoyal capsule, shudhvi and prakruti hair oil. Now my hairfall is double the rate. What shall I do?
Please suggest.I have skin problem issue and on my palm skin get very dry.Please help me to get rid from that.
Sir, I have higher pigmentation on my face since 4 years. I had already consultant one dermatologist but no use with him. Pls suggest me how to reduce higher pigmentation. Am 22 years.
Vitiligo is a long term skin condition characterized by patches of the skin losing their pigment. The patches of skin affected become white and usually have sharp margins. The hair from the skin may also become white. Although this disease is not life threatening or contagious, the disfigurement of vitiligo can be devastating to its sufferers, especially the ones with darker skin tone.
There are certain treatment options that can help.
- Topical preparations of immune suppressing medications, creams and steroids are considered to be first-line vitiligo treatments.
- Next option is to expose the affected skin to UVB lamps with the phototherapy treatment at home or get the Ultra violet (UVA) treatment at a hospital.
- In extreme cases of extensive vitiligo the option to de-pigment the unaffected skin may be considered to render the skin an even colour.
- However, in mild cases, vitiligo patches can be hidden with makeup or other cosmetic camouflage solutions. If the affected person is pale skinned, the patches can be made less visible by avoiding tanning of the unaffected skin.
Camouflage Treatment In Vitiligo
Camouflage is derived from the French word, ‘Camoufler’ which means ‘to blind’ or ‘veil’. Also known as protective concealment, it means to disguise an object in plain view, for the purpose of concealing it from something or someone. Cosmetic camouflage is the application of make-up creams and/or powders to conceal color or contour irregularities or abnormalities of the face or body. It was pioneered during the Second World War to help pilots who were badly burnt by making use of plastic surgery and camouflage cream. These creams did not camouflage the person but were used to conceal blemishes on the skin so that they were not obvious. This kind of remedial cosmetic skin camouflage is defined as being the ‘the art of concealing a discoloration, blemish or scar with the application of specialist camouflage creams that are matched to the surrounding skin tone.’ Nowadays, it is used to conceal abnormalities from various dermatological disorders, especially vitiligo.
Types of Camouflage
Camouflage may be permanent or temporary.
- Remedial cosmetic cover creams help conceal the blemish of vitiligo at least temporarily. A high concentration of pigment is incorporated into water–free or anhydrous foundations to give a color that matches the patient’s skin, thereby concealing vitiligo patches.
- Permanent camouflage is obtained with a cosmetic tattoo. Unlike pigments used for ritual or symbolic tattoos, cosmetic tattoos are inert iron oxides that are available in more than 15 shades. The color is implanted into the dermal layer with specialized techniques and cannot be washed off.
Camouflage improves the appearance of the individual, as the focus is no longer on the discoloration that the person wishes to hide, thereby improving their confidence and self-esteem. This makes camouflage the most popular treatment option in vitilgo. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.
I am getting pimples on my face and becoming dark spots sir please tell me how to remove this problem.
Psoriasis is a very common type of skin disease and is mainly activated due to a disorder in the immune system of an individual. The disorder causes a rapid production of excessive cells on the skin, which are not shed off naturally by the skin tissue, thereby causing disturbance to the skin and resulting in skin disease. Psoriasis occurs mainly due to viral and bacterial infections. The treatment helps to improve the immune system and reduces the itching and redness of the skin caused due to psoriasis.
Consequences of Psoriasis
The outcomes of the persistent skin disorder include the following:
- Red thickened patches on the skin, which typically occur on the elbows, knees, scalp, palms, torso, and soles of the feet
- Excess itching, pain and discomfort as it is unpredictable and chronic in nature
- Leads to anger, worry, social awkwardness and irritability as the physical appearance of an individual and his or her overall life is affected by this skin disease
It is important to opt for homeopathic treatment for the emotional well-being and good physical health of a person.
Why Opt For Homeopathic Treatment?
Assured and successful results can be gained through homeopathic treatment for psoriasis. The common homeopathic medication that can be used to resolve skin ailments is Staphyagria. Some of the other homeopathic medications that can be used for psoriasis include Kali arsenicum, Kali sulphuricum, Carcinosin, and Mezereum.
Many patients have gained successful results with this treatment and it has the potential to trigger the natural healing capacity of the body. Curative therapy is made use of to treat individuals suffering from the skin disorder and the remedies are highly diluted. Patients can be kept away from any toxicity mainly because of the highly diluted nature of homeopathic medications.
Benefits of Homeopathic Treatment
- There are no side effects and the treatment mainly involves the use of medicines attained from natural sources. The homeopathic medicines are safe to use as they do not contain any chemicals.
- The approach of the homeopathic treatment for the skin disease is more holistic and the root cause of the skin condition is corrected with this treatment. It also takes care of the emotional conditions like depression and mental stress, which are triggered in case of psoriasis.
- The homeopathic medications are effective and have gained proven results. Further, the deviation of the immune system is restored to normalcy using homeopathic treatment.
Conclusion: For psoriasis, the best treatment that can be made use of is homeopathy as it is safe and effective and does not cause any side effects. Homeopathic treatment is very slow, but in chronic cases, it provides long lasting recovery from such adverse health conditions.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!