Find numerous Dermatologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dermatologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. RashmikanthYour feedback matters!
Hi. I am suffering from hair loss from past six months especially during hair bath. Kindly suggest me simple remedies. Thank you.
My friend has got more than usual hair growth in stomach area, breast & back area which normally we dont have it. And also in lower back area too she has thick hair. What can be cause for it?
Normally you shed 50 to 100 hairs all day but hair grows back all the time to cover for this loss. If you shed more than this then it may be a cause for worry. Hair fall can occur because of many factors. Here are six major causes of hair loss you need to know:
- Hereditary causes: Hair loss may be in your genes. Male/female pattern baldness is the main cause of hair fall in most individuals. Early hair thinning, brittle hair and shortening of hair in a pattern (forehead getting bigger, bald patches developing) are indicators of developing baldness.
- Hormonal Causes: Thyroid problems can cause extensive hair fall. Pregnancy can be another reason for hair loss as your normal hormonal cycles are affected in a big way.
- Medical conditions: Alopecia areata is a disease which causes patchy hair loss. The immune system attacks hairs, causing sudden hair loss leaving small bald patches on the scalp. Numerous scalp infections like cellulitis and ringworms cause hair loss, however, this is temporary and hair grows back after the disease is cured.
- Side effects of medicines: Hair loss can be caused by drugs used for cancer, depression, heart problems, high blood pressure and birth control. Too much of Vitamin A may also lead to hair loss.
- Exposure to the elements: Exposure to very dry and dusty weather causes an increase in the rate of hair loss. Therefore, it is imperative to take good care of hair before and after you go out in bad weather.
- Other causes: After radiotherapy, your hair may not grow back the same. Hair loss is caused due to many triggers like emotional shock, high fever allergies. Frequent and unmediated use of hair products and coloring agents also leads to hair loss. Poor nutrition and too much consumption of junk food can be other major causes of hair loss. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.
Hello sir, I have holes in my skin and more black marks in my forehead Is there any solution? So it can b cured easily?
Hello. I am facing severe hairfall. I know upto 100 strands per day is normal. But I loose more than that (I have been counting). I started using onion juice Mask (it's been 3 weeks, will continue upto 3 months at least. Also consume cod liver oil (1 tablet) and flax seed (1 tea spoon) daily. No response so far. I use L'Oréal shampoo and m unable to search mild shampoo free of sls and stuff. Please suggest any mild shampoo (NAME/BRAND PLEASE) or any solution to this problem. I am in desperate need. Please please help me. Regards.
My hair falling regular day by day. Can you pls suggest me what will I do to stop hair fall. please help me.
Hi I am suffered from pimples problem since 5 months. Please help me how to remove pimple as soon as possible. Please help me for that.
I have severe hairfall issues. My hair start to get dry and extremely frizzy just 1 day after shampoo and conditioner. I had too much dandruff till about a month ago due to which I have consulted a dermatologist who prescribed me to use a fluocinolone acetonide shampoo and a ketoconazole& zinc pyrithione lotion together twice a week. Due to this my dandruff is under control but I still have extreme hairfall issues. My hairs are dry frizzy and tend to brak easily. They have also reduced in thickness. The scalp is clearly visible. Please suggest me something to stop this from continuing.
My facial hair roots are till my upper cheeks, & it is leaving marks over my cheeks, my sunburns are not healing as well, my face is dull n doesn't match my skin colour! What can I do!
Hi! My hair has been falling from last week, please let me know the reasons and remedy. It got started from my last journey to pune.
For 5-10 minutes, dip your toe nails in a warm salt water solution if they have become too difficult or thick to cut.