Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Rashmi SinhaYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from heel spurs (herl bone growing) in both my feet from last 2 years and pain is worsening day by day. I had treatment from various doctors who prescribed me anti inflammatory and muscle strengthening medications injection but nothing positive is happening. Kindly advice if ESWT (shock wave therapy) is good or not for this? And what is cost ESWT treatment.
Hey sir I need a help my mother have too much pain in legs every night. She can not even sleep just bcoz of this plzz help me .thank you sooo much. Age 54.
My wife had backache from last 10-15 years but do not do exercise. When I try to sex she refuses and do not allow easily what can I do?
I have shoulder dislocation problem. What should I do to recover it so I can continue my gym and regular exercise.
I've had hand/knuckle pain for the past 4 months. I'm an athlete and this is getting to serious to avoid, what is my injury ?
My father is suffering from diabetes type 2 .260 pp is sugar test. And he also got injury in foot in an bike accident. Now some black spot appear around injury and redness. please suggest me medicine and diet chart for him .please
Meniscus refers to the soft ligament in your knee joint, which cushions your bones and protects it from wear and tear. It is vital for the fulfilment of regular activities and the health of your bones. Thus, a damage to the meniscus can be extremely painful. Meniscuses are exposed to injuries and shocks in case of rigorous activities and this is a fairly common syndrome faced by athletes and sports persons. It can cause a substantial amount of hurt and generally impairs movement to a large extent. It potentially gets worse as the inflammation sets in and the swelling grows. The risk of a meniscus tear increases with age. The treatment for a torn meniscus depends upon the degree of tear. While minor tears repair on their own, for graver injuries, the following therapies may prove effective.
Symptoms of a torn meniscus
1. You might be able to experience a popping sensation in your knee joint
2. Stiffness and swelling
3. You will experience pain, especially while you are trying to twist your knee
4. You might not be able to straighten your knee completely
The treatment for a torn meniscus depends upon the degree of tear. While minor tears repair on their own, for graver injuries, the following therapies may prove effective:
1. Light exercises: For slightly serious meniscus tears, there are certain knee exercises which are recommended to abort any further damage as well as to repair the wound. Limiting the activities which might exert pressure on the knees, getting adequate rest, using ice packs and wearing neoprene sleeves always aid in recovery.
2. Anti-inflammatory medications: Often, meniscus tears are cured with the help of anti-inflammatory drugs like Ibuprofen. They not only reduce pain but also enable the mending of the injured tissue. However, one needs to be aware of a few side effects which often become natural repercussions of such drugs. Possibility of ulcers and bleeding get increased by leaps and bounds on the intake of such drugs.
3. Surgery: For all other forms of meniscus tears, if healing is not obtained through non-surgical methods, the only option available is that of surgery. Such a situation arises when the pain becomes unbearable and the meniscus tear does not respond favorably to superficial treatments. These surgeries are less complicated than replacement surgeries. They usually do not involve any life threatening hazard and cautious and efficiently conducted surgeries release all pains and handicaps. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an orthopedist.