Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Ophthalmologists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Rashmi S. Mehta
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Rashmi S. MehtaYour feedback matters!
I want to reduce my eye numbers to zero. Can you suggest me best way or best exercise to reduce my number? And also please suggest me better diet for my eyes.
I am 24 and am facing this problem since 7-8 years. It has completely ruined my life. Few days back I found this link and got some relief as I come to know that there are many people like me. Please go through this link https://www. Mentalhelp. Net/advice/unable-to-keep-eye-contact/, so that you can understand my problem and can help me out in overcoming it. I need a good Dr. with experience in such issues in Bangalore.
I experience excessive blinking of eye in bright and daylight from approximately 30-50 days and also dryness of eye what should I do?
I'm Wearing Glasses Since I Was 10. Now I am 16. Any home remedies/FOOD/EXERCISES (if any) please Help me!
Refractive surgery is the term used in describing various surgical procedures to correct vision problems like near-sightedness, far-sightedness, presbyopia and astigmatism. This surgery can be performed in order to reduce the dependence on prescription lenses. There are a few kinds of refractive surgeries that can be performed among which LASIK surgery is the most common. Other types of refractive surgeries include intraocular lens procedures, which maybe more beneficial according to the needs of the individuals.
In this surgical procedure, near-sightedness, farsightedness, presbyopia and astigmatism can be corrected by laser. A microkeratome blade or a femtosecond laser is used to create a thin flap in the cornea. The corneal tissue underneath the flaps is then removed using excimer laser. After this, the flaps are laid back in place, thereby covering the removed corneal tissue. In case of near-sighted people, LASIK is used in order to flatten the cornea, which is too steep and in case of farsighted individuals, steep cornea is required. Also by smoothing irregular cornea, astigmatism can be corrected.
In order to consider LASIK eye surgery, one should first evaluate if the LASIK surgeon is right for them or not. After this, the procedure includes an examination of eye health, the kind of vision correction required, and the amount of corneal tissue removal required. Determination of other health factors that may cause disqualification of LASIK surgery is also necessary or there may be hazardous circumstances.
Other laser surgeries
It may so happen that an individual might not be qualified for LASIK. However, they might qualify for other laser eye surgeries like photorefractive keratectomy (PRK), LASEK and Epi-LASIK.
Individuals can also opt for surgeries that are non-laser for correction of their vision. An individual’s eye-structure and prescription are considered in order to determine what procedure would suit them best.
Common facts about LASIK
- It is a procedure which is outpatient, which means that individuals do not have to stay overnight at the surgery centre.
- This surgery usually requires less than 10 minutes and does not require anaesthesia. So individuals are generally awake during the surgery. In case of cornea reshaping, each eye requires about one minute.
- This surgery does not require time to heal. The healing process starts almost immediately after the procedure is completed. However, individuals may experience blurred vision and fluctuations in vision for a few weeks.
- It is important that individuals schedule regular follow-ups after the surgery. Vision usually becomes stable and entirely clear within a period of six months.
I am suffered with colour Blindness. Is there any cure available in india? And please tell me how can I have a normal life with it?
I always have pain in my eyes whenever I wake up after sleep or concentrate on a thing for longer duration.
I am 38 years old. No BP & sugar. I got twice retina blood clot which went away on its own. Reasons for this told by retina specialists is putting pressure on passing stools since I have unique and not easily treatable constipation prob dessenergic defecation. Please help me out.
Most of us take our eyes for granted. It has been often noticed that an individual splurges on expensive sunglasses for looking smarter. But, when it comes to the health of eyes, he or she is either ignorant or simply reluctant to do anything. This tendency is bad for the health of your precious eyes.
Remember, how you use them to stare at the screens of your gadgets all day long. Take out some time from your busy schedule and take care of your eyes. They are precious and vulnerable too.
Follow the tips below to keep your eyesight intact till your dying day:
- Eat right for a good vision: It is very important to provide the right and sufficient amounts of nutrients to your body for developing or maintaining a good eye sight. Include nutrients such as omega-3 fatty acids, lutein, zinc, and vitamins C and E in your regular diet to boost your eyesight. Food items like green and leafy vegetables, salmon, tuna, and other oily fish, eggs, nuts, beans, and other non-meat protein sources, oranges and other citrus fruits or juices and oysters and pork are excellent for the eye. The intake of a balanced diet keeps you away from diabetes, which causes blindness.
- Give up smoking: Cigarettes or other tobacco products are bad for your eyes. They make your eyes more vulnerable to diseases like cataracts, optic nerve damage, and macular degeneration.
- Guard your eyes from sunlight: It has been found that long exposure to sunlight leads to damage of the eyeballs. This happens as the UV rays in sunlight have an adverse impact on our eyes. You must put on sunglasses when you are outdoors for a longer period. You must choose sunglasses which give you 90 to 100 percent protection against sunlight. UV rays can cause cataracts and macular degeneration.
- Avoid the screen: It is advisable to not spend long hours sitting in front of the computer screen or TV. Take breaks while working on the computer. Also, remember blinking your eyes while staring at the screen to avoid drying up of the eyes. Blinking increases tear production, keeping the eyes moist and healthy.
- Use safety devices: If you work with hazardous substances, it is advisable that you put on safety devices on your eyes for their protection.
- Hydrate your eyes: In order to have a good vision, you must hydrate your eyes by splashing water on your eyes wide open at specific intervals in a day. When you wash your face after returning from outside, don't forget to wash your eyes as well. As you splash water on the eyes, the dust particles on the surface of the eyelid, gathered from outside, gets washed away.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!