Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Ayurvedas online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. Rashmi R.DedhiaYour feedback matters!
Heavy or prolonged bleeding during menses is medically known as 'menorrhagia'. It is more common as you approach menopause but can occur at any age. The bleeding has to be severe enough to interfere with your daily activities.
In advanced age cancer of the uterus or cervix has to be ruled out.
Symptoms of heavy periods
- Soaking a pad or tampon every 2-3 hrs or less in a day
- Passage large blood clots during menstruation
- Your period lasts more than seven days
- You become anemic due to excessive blood loss
- Women can be asked to complete a pictorial representation to assess the volume of blood loss.
- FBC is important. Every woman presenting with heavy menstrual bleeding should have FBC taken. The most common cause of iron-deficiency anaemia in women is menorrhagia.
- Tests for endocrine abnormalities, including TFTs should be performed only if there is clinical suspicion.
- Assessment of bleeding disorders is only indicated if there is clinical suspicion.
- Consider ultrasound scan in women who have symptoms or signs suggestive of underlying pathology.
How to manage excessive bleeding
1. Maintain a record of the no of days and pattern of heavy bleeding.
2. Increase your intake of fluids and salt
You should increase your intake of fluids and especially salty fluids during heavy menstruation. You can have vegetable juices like tomato juice as well as salty broths during such times. This will help you especially when your blood volume goes down (which is characterized by dizziness or pounding of heart) when you get up after lying down. Your body would need more than four to six cups on such a day.
3. Increase the intake of iron
Increase your iron intake through natural sources like green vegetables, egg yolks, red meat, liver and dried fruits like raisins and prunes. You can also start an iron tablet once a day for faster recovery from anemia
4. Visit your gynecologist
A good history, few blood tests, and a simple ultrasound generally leads to the diagnosis. Sometimes a biopsy is required to rule out cancer. Multiple new drugs have been added in the last few years which have avoided the need for surgery
An early diagnosis ends up with better results. Hence, it is important to act early
I have been suffering from osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, sciatica and chronic sinus problem of streptococci. I feel that when sinus problem aggravates, a few days after my suffering of arthritic pain increases. Sinus problem is of frontal or maxillary affecting right eye which becomes red and itchy, painful. I am taking kali bichrome, hydrastis, echinacea. Please help me advising medicines for longer use.
I have a extreme dry skin problem since I was 10 year old I have used so many medicines but nothing will change. The doctors told me your body can't produce oil. You have to use moisturizer lotion rest of your life. So what I do even I can't bath regularly bcoz of my dry skin.
I haven't been able to sleep since 2days and I am having a severe hheadach, tried multiple home remedies, but didn't work, what to do? Please help me!
Actually my wife is getting back pain 2 times in a weak. What she need to take care off. And normally why this problem will come in a early age. May I have any suggestions to to reduce the pain.
I am a 46 year old female with chronic back pain. I am suffering for cervical spondylitis for the past three years. My serum ca, Phosphorus uric acid and RA factor level is normal. I am under hormonal treatment for uterine fibroid. Recently since last two months I am suffering from acute pain in the knee joints, ankle and foot with frozen shoulder. Please advise. My blood sugar is normal with slight B.P for which I am on medication.
I have pimples on my face. It's keep irritating me. How can I get rid of it. I be harmful for my skin.
My wife is 62 year old and known case of DM, HT. Recently in 2014 she had bye pass surgery. Now she has back pain in her upper in center area and also coughing. What should I do?
I am 27 year old male from Delhi and my hair is almost 30percent turned to grey and now my beard turning to same in grey colour . Please suggest me what should I do still not consult any doctor.
Hi mother age of 53 years she is suffering from high sugar & high blood pressure suddenly doing vomiting, dizziness, headache & so weakness . Sugar fasting :197 & after 267.
If someone is having symptom. Of adrenal cancer. Does not it can be easily detected in ultrasound after six month?
Hello doctor! My mother have problem she excrete more than normal amount of urine she disturbs in the night. Some times itching. She become lethargic, weak. Is it a symptom of diabetes insipidus?
Hi. My father is a diabetic patient. Can a diabetic patient take alcohol? please give us a diet plan for diabetes patient ?
I drive my bike everyday from home to office, due to this my back is paining a lot, please help me what do I do?
I'm 18 years old. I have acne and oily skin. Is chemical peel the only way to treat? What's the nominal cost of it?
A heart attack is caused if the blood flow to the heart is somehow obstructed by fat deposits, cholesterol or other substances, thereby, forming a plaque in the arteries. The disruption in this flow of blood destroys a part of the heart muscle and may prove to be fatal if not treated right on time.
Not every heart attack starts with a sudden crushing pain in the chest. In fact, about 30 per cent of the cases haven’t yielded any such symptom. However, the signs may vary from one person to another:
- Heart attack might start slowly causing only mild discomfort or pain initially. The symptoms happen to be sudden and intense, persisting for several hours.
- Mostly heart attack induces pain on the left side or the center of the chest. The discomfort generally persists for a few minutes. It can even result in a feeling of indigestion or heart burn, fullness, squeezing and pressure which can turn from mild to severe.
- One might also experience an aching sensation in the upper stomach, jaw, neck, shoulders, back or both of the arms.
- Shortness of breath is one of those very common symptoms.
- Other common symptoms include excessive sweating, exhaustion, vomiting, nausea, sudden dizziness or light-heartedness.
How can you tell a heart attack from a mere panic attack?
Panic attack occurs even more suddenly and induces intense fear, extracting extreme reactions for something relatively harmless. Once the attack subsides, one usually feels week on the knees and tender near the gut. Some of the symptoms exclusive to a panic attack include a feeling of detachment, numbness, hot flashes, chills and tightness experienced in and around the throat, tremors (primarily of the hands) and a constant fear of losing control or of an impending danger.
Although many indications of a heart attack might happen to overlap with those of a panic attack, there are still a few noteworthy differences between the two. Watch out for those signs and get yourself diagnosed properly. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a cardiologist and ask a free question.