Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Rashmi Pashine
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Rashmi PashineYour feedback matters!
Dental abscess is characterized by pus formation in the teeth or the gums. This infection may occur either in the gums or the tip of the tooth. It usually occurs due to a bacterial infection which may enter the mouth through food, thus causing accumulation of plaque. If the plaque is not removed by following proper dental hygiene, then it may result in abscess.
The various factors that increase your chances of getting affected by dental abscess are a sugar rich diet and poor oral hygiene. You should brush your teeth to prevent symptoms of dental abscess. A diet that has too much sugar may lead to cavities that increases your risk of dental abscess.
Dental abscess may be classified into three types:
Periodontal abscess: This type of abscess occurs in the bone structures in the teeth
Gingival abscess: This type of abscess occurs in the gums
Periapical abscess: Periapical abscess occurs in the soft areas of the tooth
Entry of bacteria through holes in the teeth may result in breaking down of the soft tissue under the enamel. The infection may result in the hole to penetrate the pulp in the teeth. The bacteria thus infects the bone present in the teeth causing Periapical abscess. The bacteria that infects as a result of plaque accumulation may lead dental abscess. This may also lead to formation of gaps in the teeth leading to infection in the inner areas of the teeth.
The symptoms of dental abscess are:
The teeth may become sensitive to hot and cold temperatures
Pain during chewing food
A persistent pain in the jaw that radiates to the ear
You may experience a swelling in the face and the neck
Tenderness in the lymph nodes in the neck
You may experience symptoms of fever
Presence of foul smelling fluid in your mouth
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dentist.
My gums have swollen because of the pain in the tooth. Its been a few days and the pain is not subsiding and nor is the swelling. I have to take medicines after every 5-6 hours. Any good medicine recommended?
I am a dental student and I have problem of halitosis (badbreath) it is mainly because of some white patches present on my tounge. I have more fluoride content in my oral cavity n even I dont have any caries please let me know the solution. I do use mouth spray n drink lot of water bt ter Are almost use less. please help.
I am 21 age men. Whenever I speak my neighbor saying something bad smell is coming from your mouth. How to stop that bad smell from mouth.
I have weaker teeth in my mouth. As I begin to eat something cold sudden pain occurs in my teeth. What is the remedy sir. Also regular toothbrush has made cavities on my teeth.
My mouth smells pretty bad. The smell of the breath is a bit annoying. Please. Pls. Tell me something to get rid of this and make my mouth smell nice again.
I have a problem of bad smell. I used to brush my teeth 3-4 times per day but still have a bad smell. I want to get rid of this problem.
Hello, my daughter age is 6 year, problem in her teeth gum. Gums are swelling, can you help me for the same. Thanks.
Odontalgia or severe toothache is characterized by extreme pain or inflammation of the tooth and its surrounding areas. The excruciating pain that you might experience may stem as a result of gum infection, tooth decay, infection of the dental pulp, abscess and due to certain other reasons like extraction or filling of the teeth. Another key reason for extreme toothache is the fact that a number of heart problems, such as myocardial infarction and angina tend to affect your dental health negatively.
While some toothaches might occur sporadically, they might pose a danger against your overall well-being in the long run, if the condition is left untreated. Homeopathy can serve as the perfect antidote to your toothache problems and its effects are noted to be significantly higher when it comes down to the question of long-term consumption. Here is a list of homeopathic medications that might prove to be a pain alleviator for your dental complications:
- Hepar Sulph and Silicea: Root abscess responds positively, to both Hepar Sulph and Silicea. For fever accompanied with occasional chills due to severe toothache, Hepar Sulph is considered to be the perfect remedy and tends to significantly decrease the level of swelling and pain. On the other hand, if your face swells and there is an incidence of gum inflammation, Silicea must be used to numb the effects of root abscess.
- Plantago: Plantago is noted to be the most commonly prescribed medicine for toothaches and for treating sensitivity. The pain extending to the ears from the teeth receives maximum relief due to the effects of Plantago. It might have to be taken internally or applied externally depending on the severity of the toothache and its accompanying conditions.
- Staphysagria: Sensitivity is best taken care of by Staphysagria and resolves the problem of worsening of toothache, when any drink or food is consumed. Bleeding gums and excess salivation is also another aspect that is looked after by Staphysagria.
- Arnica: Tooth extraction and filling may often lead to the consequence of nerve-wrecking pain in the gums and the affected area. For this, Arnica is prescribed to assuage the nerve pain and must be taken in along with Hypericum, another homeopathy medicine, for best results.
- Merc Sol: Problems of halitosis and excessive salivation that tend to occur simultaneously with toothaches can be solved by a dosage of Merc Sol. Bleeding gums, looseness of teeth and sensitivity are all taken care of by the same medication.
- Hecla Lava: For jaw swells along with toothache, you must always opt for Hecla Lava. The effect is instantaneous and relieves both swelling and pain.
- Chamomilla: Chamomilla serves as the best remedial homeopathic medicine for easing heat sensitivity that is likely to worsen the existing toothache. Drinks and food, either hot or cold, can then be consumed easily because of the numbing effect of this medicine.