Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Rashmi Mittal
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Liver Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Rashmi MittalYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
drRashmi Mittal is very courteous and behaves very aptly with elder patients. I have consulted so many doctors but nobody till now was able to understand my concern of dark circles properly, until i consulted her. It was a bad case of dark circles. Everything was just spick and span in the Ayushi's Skin Clinic in Mumbai. During the treatment, she supported me a lot. Almost all doctors suggested surgery for it, but I did not wanted to go for it.
I am so happy that I chose Dr Rashmi Mittal for my treatment as now I am perfectly fine. It's been so long, I have lost all hope, but then I met Dr Rashmi Mittal and I am hopeful again that I will be fine. The overall atmosphere in the Ayushi's Skin Clinic is very soothing. By chance. I was suffering from hair loss, but my Rashmi Mittal was able to handle it. I am amazed that she is such a sweet doctor, even though she is so busy all the time.
I was suffering from excess hairfall dur to which I was quite depressed. I chose to consult Dr Rashmi Mittal. Never once that I felt that she is getting impatient, rather she has always responded to my each and every doubt with immense patience. Thanks to her I am totally satisfied with the results. The hair fall was increasing day by day. But after the hair fall treatment given by her, I am much better than earlier.
I am so happy with the results of my treatment, that I will surely recommend Rashmi Mittal to anyone gladly. I had lost hope, but the pimples treatment given by Rashmi Mittal has helped me regain my confidence. A friend of mine referred to Rashmi Mittal. The staff was very attentive to my needs.
dr Rashmi Mittal is a very nice human being and a very understanding doctor who treats his patients very nicely. She did my acne treatment and helped me at her clinic Ayushi's Skin Clinic in Mumbai.
Dr. Rashmi Mittal provides answers that are very helpful, professional, saved my life, caring and well-reasoned. Thanks a lot mam
dr Rashmi Mittal from Ayushi's Skin Clinic in mumbai is a great doctor for acne scars treatment. I am very satisfied with her work.
Rahul Mohan Gangan
Consulted Dr. Mittal, via Lybrate. She recommended me some medicines, which helped me to get cure from the hair fall problem.
I got good results by using medicines prescribed to me by Dr.Mittal. But I have to pay her the due fees.
Gyanendra Kumar Nayak
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Rashmi Mittal to be very helpful. Thank you so much
Dr. Rashmi Mittal provides answers that are very helpful.
Really good treatment and prognosis
Causes of Hairfall and Solutions to Treat Them
In general, you lose about 50-100 strands of hair each day, but the loss is not visible as new hair grow in their place. However, if you lose more than a 100 strands in a day and more than 200 strands on the day you shampoo, you may be suffering from what is known as excessive hair fall.
Certain factors or reasons may cause you to lose hair at an alarming rate, which are,
1. Thyroid problems
Your thyroid is responsible for your body?s overall functioning. The hormones (primarily T4 and T3), which it produces help in regulating metabolic activities. Problems with your thyroid gland can cause your hormone levels to rise or fall to unhealthy levels, which can result in hair fall. You can improve the functioning of your thyroid gland through a diet rich in calcium, iodine, magnesium, protein and Vitamins A, B and C.
2. Scalp infections
Infections of the scalp can also be one of the factors that may cause your hair to fall at an alarming rate. Of the different scalp infections, the ringworm scalp infection is the most common. Although this fungal infection can occur in any part of your body, when it develops on your scalp, you end up losing clumps of hair. Alongside the use of anti-fungal medications, even anti-fungal shampoos and creams can provide you with respite from the problem.
3. Poor diet
Gorging on unhealthy foods or going on a crash diet can result in the lack of essential nutrients in your body, which are required to maintain healthy hair. Furthermore, since hair is made of protein, having a balanced diet consisting of proteins and vitamin- rich foods is a must.
Stress gives rise to certain conditions such as alopecia areata, telogen effluvium (hair loss caused post-pregnancy or surgery) and trichotillomania (an impulsive need to pull your hair out), which can cause you to lose significant amount of hair. To avert a hair loss crisis caused by stress, make it a point to do some simple stress-reducing exercises, such as meditation or breathing exercises.
5. Hair styling products
Using hair styling products like hair colours and straighteners can cause you to experience hair fall problems. Your hair not only becomes dull and dry due to their use, but also becomes weak and brittle, leading to a gradual loss of hair. Regular oiling and use of homemade hair masks are some of the ways you can try to counter the negative effects of these hair styling products.
6. Cancer treatment
The drugs that are used in the treatment of cancer not only destroy the fast-growing cancer cells, but also the healthy blood cells in your body. For this reason, consuming foods that possess cancer-fighting properties (like oatmeal, tomato, almonds, garlic etc) is a sure-shot way of fighting the disease as well as averting any side-effects that may arise because of the treatment.
7. Alopecia areata
Lastly, hair fall can also be caused by alopecia areata, which is a kind of hair loss that takes place when your body? immune system erroneously attacks your hair follicles, and prevents growth of new hair.
The origin of your severe hair fall or baldness can be traced back to your ancestors. So, your genes can be a factor behind your hair fall problem. If this is the cause, your body then becomes unable to produce new hair.
Apart from the changes that you can make in your lifestyle to address the causes of your hair fall, there are also techniques out there that you can employ to permanently treat your problem, such as platelet rich plasma, mesotherapy, stem cell therapy, ozone activated platelet rich plasma & hair transplant.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Skin health is an indicator of a number of factors, such as blood circulation, digestion and waste removal from the body. The skin is considered to be an organ in itself as it performs certain important functions in the body. Therefore, you always need to make sure that your skin is in its optimal health. Common skin conditions like acne, dandruff and blackheads can easily be prevented by following certain precautions.
Outlined below are some tips to keep your skin healthy:
- Avoid junk food: It’s high time you stop eating processed foods and the ones covered in grease. Junk foods which are rich in oil and sugar can make your skin oily and cause acne. Instead, replace them with seeds and nuts.
- Exercise: The benefits of exercise are not limited to fat loss; it is beneficial for the skin too. Exercises such as running boosts blood circulation in the skin and the sweat helps in draining out various waste products from the body.
- Diet: Your diet should consist of fiber rich foods, which improve your digestion. Many problems of the skin are linked to a bad digestive system. Cut out simple carbohydrates and include complex carbohydrates such as brown rice.
- Follow a skin care regimen: You should follow a proper skin care regimen to maintain your skin. Wash your skin with a mild cleansing agent every day and moisturize it. Apply sunscreen while going out to prevent sunburns.
- Drink lots of water: Drink lots of water every day. Water helps in cleansing the body by removing the waste products from the body. Abstain from alcohol because it only adds calories and damages the liver. Aim for at least 2-3 litres of water on a daily basis.
- Avoid overexposure to the sun: While sun exposure allows the skin to produce vitamin D, but too much of that can lead to sunburns. It increases the risk of certain skin cancers as well. Make sure to apply sunscreen and wear full sleeved clothes before going outdoors.
- Exfoliate regularly: Make sure you exfoliate your skin on a regular basis to clean your skin and get rid of the impurities. Don’t scrub your regularly as it may damage the skin. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.
Are you fussy about getting a facial, believing an age old adage that men don’t need facials? Think again, you can be nowhere near the truth as the harsh reality is that men do need facials period. Yes, you might not entertain the fact of having layers of cucumber or banana on your skin and it certainly doesn’t look appealing. But the reality is that your skin can suffer the same damage and wear and tear as a woman’s skin and it needs the dedication and care it deserves. In fact, probably more than the ladies, guys need facials, thanks to their coarser skin, larger pores, and increased chance of sun damage. Feels discomforting? Fret not; as we lay down some points that staunchly suggest that men do need facials like their woman counterparts
- Men produce more oil: Men have higher testosterone levels than women and this indirectly produces more oil. This oil can clog your pores and can lead to blackheads, which may lead to pimples. Also due to the coarseness, they can also develop as rashes and can leave permanent marks if not treated properly. Have a facial done at a spa to take care of these risks. The reason why these are better done at a spa is that the specialist can understand your skin type and can chart down a treatment plan based on it. Also, you might have to exfoliate your skin often to reduce the toughness of the dead skin cells.
- Benefitting in a smoother shave: No matter how many types of razor you use, the friction caused by the metal to your skin is irreversible. Irritation is one of the common consequences that your facial skin has to undergo every time you shave. The result can be more damaging than you have ever thought so. A deep facial will deep clean bumps and soothe the irritated skin. You can also try various after shave effects to reduce the rashness to the skin and simultaneously you can opt for specialised facial treatment for shaving side effects. You can experience a smoother and a better shave when your skin is smoother.
- Facials use products far from the market: It is a known fact that some of the facial products used are not available over the counters. The techniques and the products used can be handled like a pro only by an experienced facial therapist. Instead of following an advertisement and going for a product, take some time off for getting a facial. You can also experience an opportunity to ask more questions regarding the product used on your face. Facials can be ideal stress busters too and can help a great deal in relaxing. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.
Aging is a natural process and hair greying is one of the most common signs of it. The reason that your hair greys is because the pigment in your skin called melanin does not get produced in large enough quantities as you get older. In many cases however, it is noticed that hair greying happens in your 20s or 30s. This is most commonly due to a diet which is not well-balanced or a lack of nourishment. However, you can stop hair greying at a young age by using one or more of the following remedies:
- Curry leaves: Curry leaves are one of the best cures for premature hair greying. It is the vitamin B present in the curry leaves, which is responsible for restoring the function of melanin in the hair follicles. This is not the only property it has which is good for the hair as curry leaves also repair damaged hair roots and supply crucial nutrients to the hair. It also stimulates hair growth and prevents hair fall due to the fact that it has beta-carotene. Curry leaves can be massaged into your hair by boiling them in coconut water and then rubbing them on your scalp.
- Almond oil: Almond oil treats fine lines, wrinkles and age spots. This is due to the fact that it has a lot of vitamin E, which is an antioxidant. Vitamin E also stops split ends and helps the hair retain its elasticity. It is also used as a treatment for dandruff.
- Black tea: Not only does black tea give a natural darker hue to the hair but it also helps the hair retain its strength and elasticity which prevents it from breaking or becoming brittle.
- Onion juice mixed with lemon juice: A shortage of the antioxidant catalase or an excess accumulation of hydrogen peroxide are the two main causes of hair greying prematurely. Onion juice will increase your levels of the antioxidant catalase while lemon juice gives a nice shine to your hair and also prevents your hair from becoming extremely oily. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.
All you need to know about Cystic acne
Cystic acne is a dermatological condition in which the skin pores get blocked causing infection and inflammation. Over secretion of sebum creates an optimal environment for the bacteria trapped in the pores to thrive; and the bacterium, Propionibacterium acnes is responsible for this condition.
This form of acne occurs when the infection occurs deep within the skin causing a painful, swollen, red bump filled with pus. It usually takes place during teens or the late 20's. An estimated, 80% of the people suffer from cystic acne between 11 and 30 years of age.
The primary reasons for cystic acne are:
- Hormonal changes pertaining to puberty, menstruation, pregnancy or birth control
- Greasy cosmetics, lotions, and soaps that cause allergy can also lead to this form of acne
- An inherited tendency for acne can also be a likely cause
Cystic acne tends to produce inflammatory cysts and nodules, which are visible and painful. In addition, they pose the danger of causing visible scarring and shallow depressions on the face.
Usual medicines, which are used to treat mild acne, have little effect on cystic acne, what you must do in this case:
- Use of oral antibiotics, which helps to keep the bacteria in check and also reduce inflammation
- Birth control pills are often effective treatment for regulating hormones in women
Some of the preventative measures would be:
- Not touching the cysts is advisable as it can lead the infection to spread
- Relaxation and adequate sleep are also recommended as stress causes the body to release more hormones which can worsen the condition
- Some studies indicate diet low in sugar also help to reduce the condition
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
You don’t have to stick to a DIY approach to fighting the effects of aging. The professionals have more procedures at their disposal than ever to treat wrinkles, sun spots, and sagging skin. Find out how your dermatologist can help you take your anti-aging routine to another level.
Here are top 8 dermatological anti-aging treatments:
Retinoid Creams: Retinoid is a substance extracted from vitamin A and it has excellent anti-aging properties. Though there are over-the-counter options, you can ask a dermatologist to prescribe a stronger retinoid cream.
Peptide Creams: Short links of amino acids, or peptides, are beneficial for reducing fine lines and wrinkles. The skin loses collagen as you grow old; peptides based creams can encourage renewed production of collagen, thus revitalizing your skin from within.
Microdermabrasion: This cosmetic procedure uses a diamond-tipped wand or fine, tiny particles to remove the topmost layer of skin. This is done to boost skin to grow anew. The procedure may be a bit uncomfortable, but not painful; and one of the most important upsides is that the skin heals quickly.
Laser Skin Resurfacing: This procedure removes wrinkles by using high-intensity light. The light tightens the loose skin.
Chemical Peels: Chemical peels are used to treat age spots, acne scars, skin discoloration, dull texture and wrinkles. Chemical peels remove the outermost layer of the skin to encourage new skin growth.
Botox: Botox or botulinum toxin is a muscle relaxing treatment. When injected under the skin, it relaxes the muscles, which smooths out the wrinkles or lines on your face. Repeated Botox injections will significantly improve your appearance.
Filler Injections: Hyaluronic acid fillers are the most popular fillers among dermatologists. Hyaluronic acid fills in wrinkles and lines and adds dimension to the face.
Cosmetic Surgery: These include a wide range of surgical procedures such as facelifts, neck lifts and brow lifts. A single procedure or a combination of procedures is usually done.
Epidermolysis bullosa simplex is a genetic disorder that results in the skin turning fragile and blister prone. Any small injury or friction created due to rubbing of the skin might lead to blister formation. In some cases, blisters may occur inside the mouth and on the cheeks. Normally, the cause of the disease is linked to defective genes.The condition is usually inherited and the symptoms start flaring in childhood. In some cases, the symptoms start during the early twenties.
The symptoms of this disease are:
- Deformities in the nails of the toes and fingers.
- Blisters in the internal organs such as esophagus and vocal chords.
- Formation of blisters on the skin of the feet and the hands.
- Loss of hair and scarring of the scalp.
- Thickening of the skin on the palms and soles of the feet.
- Formation of white skin bumps on the skin.
- You may experience various dental problems such as tooth decay.
- You may have problems in swallowing food.
Epidermolysis bullosa can be classified into:
- Junctional Epidermolysis Bullosa: This is a severe form of epidermolysis bullosa that usually develops during birth. The condition is characterized by hoarse and unusual crying sounds and scarring in the vocal chords. The genes that attach the epidermis to the basement become defective and thus, cause blister formation.
- Kindler Syndrome: This type is characterized by blister formation across all layers of the skin, but its symptoms tend to disappear with time. This condition is known to cause discoloration of the skin when exposed to the sun.
- Dystrophic Epidermolysis Bullosa: This is caused by a defect in the gene that causes problems in collagen formation. This results in complications as the skin doesn't join properly.
This disease may cause various complications such as sepsis, skin infection, anemia, constipation and dehydration. An infant, who has a severe form of epidermolysis bullosa, may not be able to survive due to widespread blistering and infections that may drain all the body fluids out drastically. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a geneticist.