Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
Treatment of Lumpectomy
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Rashmi MehtaYour feedback matters!
Hi good morning Doctor, 2 weeks ago my bike was sleeped and my face rubbed on the road now wounds improved but red spot still there i am so worried, i am just 26 years. And now I used fucidin cream and clinical lotion its good or what. Please Suggest. I hope you giving me good advice. I am waiting for reply. Good day thank you.
My wife has melasma like patch over cheeks both sides for 2 yrs. . Can you suggest any further treatment. .she is on azelic acid and HH lite cream.
Hi doctor this is krishnakanth I suffer from motion bleeding in one year some times coming but yesterday heavily bleeding full of motion in that time please help me.
I am 19 year old male. I noticed a really small bump near my anus. It was persistent for 4 months and then it gradually disappeared. After a month it again showed up. I use to have constipation often and the bump now has been a year old. Its painless and no sign of bleeding is seen the size is almost the same but increases when I have to pressurize. Could I use your help in removing the bump without surgery? Thank you.
Im a 21 year young male. I'm suffering from severe stomach ache and also suffering with loose motions. Amd also sometimes there is bleeding in motions. Im afraid. Could you please help out.
I am a 23 year old female. I have a dark circle in eye. What should I do to remove that dark circle completely? Which medicine or tube is good? Please tell me. Thanks in advance.
I've a lot of irritation in between the fingers of my leg. Skin in that part turns into white and peels off. Please suggest me a solution for this. Or suggest some good home remedies.
I have black spots as well as pimples on my back. I used scar removal cream for 4 months but didn't see any changes. What should I do?
I have black spots as well as chicken pox on my face. I used scar removal cream for 7 days but did not see any changes on my face. Please give me a best treatment. What should I do.
Hi I have black skin around my personal area. Kindly suggest some effective ointments. I also have in my armpit too.
I'm a male. My facial and hands skin is darker than my other body parts. It's clearly visible when I take my shirt off. The skin on neck and face is totally different from the skin on chest. My concern is. How to get even tone skin? Is there any drug or natural remedies available for it?
I have etching on skin on full body red lines and patches on skin mostly in evening and night I think it should be urticaria.
Ayurveda believes that the human body is made of 3 doshas kapha, pitta and vata. Most illnesses are a result of imbalance between these three doshas and dominance of patterns and symptoms of one of the three doshas.
Melanin is the pigment that gives the skin its color; higher the pigment levels, darker the complexion. Hyperpigmentation is caused due to excessive melanin deposition, commonly in certain areas of the skin like the face leading to blemishes and dark spots. In fair complexioned people, this could be an aesthetic issue, affecting the personality of the individual.
The following are some common causes of hyperpigmentation:
- Overexposure to sunlight: Direct exposure to sunlight without use of sunscreen.
- Environmental pollutants: Dust and other chemicals, especially in areas with high levels of pollution are more prone to hyperpigmentation.
- Cosmetic products: If they contain chemicals like silicone and hydroquinone, over a long period of time, can produce dark spots.
- Antibiotics and hormone treatments: As a side effect, some antibiotics and hormones used as oral contraceptive pills can produce spots.
- Viral infections like herpes: The scars from infections like herpes and chickenpox would take time to heal completely and can be a cosmetic issue.
Hormonal issues may cause hyperpigmentation and in that case, we need to supplement herbal tablets for better result and better skin health and glow.
Now, let us look at some simple, herbal ways to manage these:
Natural exfoliation of skin: Wash the skin regularly with plain water before heading out and after returning.
Aloe vera juice can be used as a cleanser and toner followed by applying vitamin E oil.
Use the following natural face packs:
- Turmeric: Known for its skin lightening properties, turmeric can be mixed with milk or aloe vera pulp or ghee and applied on the skin. Alternately, plain turmeric can be rubbed on the skin once or twice a day to reduce blemishes.
- Lemon Juice: Application of plain lime juice is considered as an excellent way to reduce dark spots and blemishes.
- Sandalwood: Believed to have great benefits on the skin. Mixed with honey or milk or plain sandalwood as a paste is very beneficial to the skin.
- Tomato juice: Mixed with honey is also believed to be good for skin complexion.
- Water: Drinking lots of water keeps the skin hydrated and helps the skin keep pigmentation at bay. There would be a natural glow and elasticity of the skin, which is very visible.
In addition to these food substances, there are a lot of topical applications like oils (kumkumadi oil, nalpamaradi oil, eladi oil, and kanaka oil). The treatment should be holistic in that along with topical applications there should be overall reduced exposure to sun and sufficient water consumption to wash off toxins and dead skin cells.