Find numerous Audiologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Audiologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Audiologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Rashmi MangaYour feedback matters!
Which type of hearing aid we get from govt schemes it free or costly it can IIC hearing aid by govt schemes.
Hi, age 27, suffring with sensoryneural hearing loss from last one year. Following homeopathy treatment feom last one month but showing no effect. So, please tell me what should I do?
My age is 49years. Male. I have a resounding sensation in my left year (as if some air is passing in left ear). This will not be through out the day. Usually resounding sensation starts after 10 AM and will be up to 2 PM. I will take breakfast around 9-10 AM, lunch around 2PM & dinner at 8 PM. During period of resounding my voice also goes harsh (weak).This I am having since my childhood. During period of resounding my presentation of lecture will have weak voice. I observe that if I consume more salt this sometimes disappear. Pl tell the cause for this. Pl suggest me how to overcome it.
Drink a plenty of water & juices to keep yourself totally healthy.
I am suffering under sensory neural hearing loss for more than thirty years due to well path and diving in the village decibel loss 60 both sides many vitamins minerals tablets homeopathy Ayurvedic tablets taken but no improvement as far as clarity of words spoken by persons and over phone tv etc hearing aids tried no use it only increases the sound but not helping for clarity of words as far as sound enough for me life time my age is 65 Is there any medicine essential oils etc in the world to restore my clarity hearing of words.
I am unable to hear after flue past 4 month from my right ear and also getting noise How it will be cure.
After menopause I have hearing loss in my right ear. Not able to hear from my right ear. Why it happened and what is the solution?
Hi. I have sub total eardrum perforation. The problem is that I can hear what is being said but I don't understand the same (i miss to hear or understand a word or two). Is it hearing loss or something else? please advise.
Hi, I am 24 years old guy and I am suffering from chickenpox and stomachache from last 2 days. I want to know time required to recover from this disease. I will be glad to hear tips to improve my condition so That I can live a normal life. Thanks.
Hearing songs by earphones in a medium for a long time is harmful to health? Bluetooth headset is harmful?Please tell.
Dear DR, My wife (age: 24) is suffering by hearing loss of her left ear. I am from kolkata. I have visited lots of clinic here but all of them used to tell me that there have no chance for recovering. They told me nerve is totally damaged. So please tell me if there is any chance for me. Symptoms: 1. Hearing loss of left ear 2. Huge pain suddenly (lots of pills already taken) 3.Senseless due to pain.Please tell.
Hearing loss is a common sensory problem that generally develops with increasing age or due to prolonged or persistent exposure to loud noises. It is one of the most typical problems that occurs throughout the world. If you are suffering from partial hearing loss, you may find ways of keeping in touch with your family and friends. If you are not suffering from such the following may help you keep your hearing intact for years to come.
Types of hearing loss:
There are two main types of hearing loss:
1. Conductive Hearing Loss where the problem lies in the middle ear, eardrum or ossicles. A conductive hearing loss affects the passage of sound between the eardrum and the inner ear. Sound passes down the ear canal to the ear drum and through the middle ear, where the sound is transmitted across the middle ear by the three bones called the ossicles to the inner ear.
Causes of conductive hearing loss:
- Malformation of outer ear, ear canal, or middle ear structures
- Fluid in the middle ear from colds
- Ear infection (otitis media - an infection of the middle ear in which an accumulation of fluid may interfere with the movement of the eardrum and ossicles
- Poor Eustachian tube function
- Perforated eardrum
- Benign tumors
- Impacted earwax
- Infection in the ear canal
- Foreign body in the ear
2. Sensorineural Hearing Loss where there is damage in the inner ear, cochlea or hearing nerve. Sensorineural hearing loss (SNHL) occurs when there is damage to the inner ear (cochlea), or to the nerve pathways from the inner ear to the brain. Most of the time, SNHL cannot be medically or surgically corrected. This is the most common type of permanent hearing loss.
Causes of sensorineural hearing loss:
- Exposure to loud noise
- Head trauma
- Virus or disease
- Autoimmune inner ear disease
- Hearing loss that runs in the family
- Aging (presbycusis)
- Malformation of the inner ear
- Meniere's Disease
Coping with Hearing Loss:
Antibiotics and eardrops are often prescribed to treat hearing loss and its symptoms. In many cases, people suffering from severe hearing loss use hearing aids. Hearing aids are tiny instruments that people use in their ears to make sounds louder. People who suffer from hearing loss cope with their problems through increased concentration and focus. The usual way involves reading the moving lips of the person while they talk. Prevention is better than cure and is the best solution to avoid long term hearing loss. Avoiding continuous loud noises, to the possible extent helps prevent hearing loss to a great extent.