Find numerous Oncologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Oncologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Rashmi DalviYour feedback matters!
Is oral sub mucus fibrosis curable if habit is stop completely and with proper treatment can it help stop disease to spread and cause cancer. My mouth opening is 32 mm.
Hi, I have right breast wall pain from past 3 months it is mild and it is radiating to neck and shoulder. I went to gynic she told everything is normal and went to ortho he told it is muscular pain they didn't order ultrasound or scan my pain is lil bit reduced now but I am scary thinking about breast cancer Please suggest My age is 26 Thanks in advance.
I am a 32 year old lady. I have a concern of having a very small breast size and also of having a very dry skin. What is the natural remedy for my breast enhancement and getting a soft and shiny skin?
Cervical cancer is a type of cancer which emerges from the cervix. It occurs due to the abnormal growth of cells in the cervix (lower part of the uterus) of the female reproductive system. Cervical cancer is the most common type of cancer found in women, worldwide, and can be treated with successful results, if discovered at an initial stage.
This type of cancer can be caused by multiple factors, some of which are:
1. Human papillomavirus - One of the major causes of cervical cancer is the human papillomavirus (HPV). There are more than 100 types of HPV. During sexual intercourse, a minimum of 40 types of HPV are passed, out of which 15 of them are high risks for cervical cancer, including types 16 and 18. 7 out of 10 women, who suffer from cervical cancer, are infected by types 16 and 18.
However, most women, who are sexually active, will come under the influence of at least one type of HPV in their lifetime, without any kind of harm caused to them.
2. Smoking - Smoking increases the risk of cervical cancer in women. It helps in the development of HPV, which is a major cause of this type of cancer. If a woman is already HPV-positive, smoking increases the probability of being diagnosed with cervical cancer by leaps and bounds.
3. Oral contraceptives - Research shows that taking contraceptive pills increases the risk of cervical cancer in women. Women who've been on contraceptive pills for over 5 years are twice as more prone to being diagnosed with cervical cancer than those who are not on the pill. But as soon as you stop the intake of pills, the increased risk of cancer drops immediately.
4. Multiple pregnancies - Having multiple pregnancies is linked with increased risk of cervical cancer. Having seven or more pregnancies increases the risk of this type of cancer in those women who are already influenced by HPV by four times. And those who have had one or two full-term pregnancies, also under the influence of HPV have two to three times the risk of being diagnosed with this illness.
Knowing about the symptoms of cervical cancer can help in the early diagnosis of this disease. However, in the early stages of the disease, there are no such noticeable symptoms. Although these signs can help you understand if you've got cervical cancer:
1. Abnormal vaginal bleeding, i.e. bleeding after sexual intercourse or after menopause
2. Longer period cycles
3. Bleeding after douching
Symptoms in the advanced stages of the illness are:
1. Loss of weight
2. Back pain
3. Leg pain
5. Swelling of legs
7. Pelvic pain
8. Leakage of urine/feces from vagina
He has stomach cancer last stage. Which life style or diet or exercise or yoga should he adopt to live a comfortable life?
Before 9 month my father 1st time diagnosed with MULTIPLE MYELOMA at that time his blood plasma was 15%. 24 weeks treatment was given to him with BORTECAD 2mg (cadila pharma) Injection. Now doctor saying that its response is good and no more chemo therapy is required just to continue some other medicines. Now can he live a life as before or is there any other factors for which we need to be worried? Now his age is 61.
I am a 62 years man. I had a complete executive check up a done 15 days back. Everything ok, except marginal enlargement of prostate that the doctor said was tolerable for the age. However my right side of the neck region gets sore when in air-conditioned room in this summer. Why?
Iam 22 years old unmarried girl. I have been suffering from irregular periods from jan 2015 and also I have bloated stomach and weight gain.. I have taken hb test hb% -10 gms. Later I have taken hormonal test in which my gynecologist has told me that the luteinizing hormone is slight high i. E 14.92. Wat does it mean is it dangerous? can I get cancer or other deadly diseases? can it b curable? I have gone through internet some are saying it leads to dangerous diseases like cancer. please do reply i am worried thank you in advance.
Sir I am using evion vitamin e 200 mg with combination of vitamin c 500 mg. Did there is any side effect of prostate cancer.
I have enlarged prostate problem I am also having hair loss for which I consulted a dermatologist. He said that it is normal hair loss and nothing to worry. But I recently read that enlarged prostate can lead to male pattern baldness. So can treatment to both make my hair come back as normal with full density as it was years back? Will this balding occur even if I treat enlarged prostate? Or will the balding stop and the hair lost till now will not come back but there will not be any balding in future? Answer all my questions please.
Skin is a very vital organ of your body as it protects your body from external injuries and also helps in regulating your body temperature. The gradual development of cancer cells on your skin region is known as skin cancer. Skin cancer is a very common disease that is affecting people worldwide. Many causes are responsible for skin cancer.
Some of them are stated as follows:
- Overexposure to sun rays. The Ultraviolet rays can cause serious damage to your skin that can lead to cancer.
- Sun burns may also result in the development of cancer cells
- Frequent exposure to toxic chemical substance can also trigger skin cancer.
- A frail immune system may also contribute to skin cancer.
- Certain scars on your skin, if left untreated, may become cancerous and eventually lead to skin cancer.
- Consuming unhealthy foods and being unhygienic may also lead to skin cancers.
Skin cancer may develop all over your body or on any particular region of your skin. It can spread to other parts of your body rapidly. The symptoms of skin cancer depend on the type of your cancer.
Some of the common symptoms of skin cancer are as follows:
- A sore on your skin that cannot be healed
- Swelling of your skin
- You may also get an itching sensation frequently
- Appearance of bumps
- Bleeding of the affected areas
- Appearance of reddish spots
- A bleeding mole
Skin cancer is absolutely curable if treated at an early stage. Ayurveda offers effective remedies for treating skin cancer.
They are mentioned below:
- Panchakarma therapy is the most effective treatment for healing skin cancer. It involves purification and removal of harmful toxins from your body through its 5 constituent therapeutic treatments namely, Vamana, Virechana, Nasya, Basti and Raktamokshana.
- Drinking green tea can be very helpful. It is known to have anti cancerous properties which help prevent and combat this killer.
- Including more of citrus food in your diet such as lemons, oranges; excluding oily, fried foods and cutting down on higher quantities of sugar can prove to be beneficial.
- Applying turmeric paste on the affected areas may help you to guard against skin cancer.
You must not ignore skin cancer and seek advice from a doctor as early as possible since the process of metastasis (spreading of cancer cells to different spots of your body) is very rapid in this case.