Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Rashmi Bais GavandYour feedback matters!
M 25 years old and my tongue is infection like sore and thrush. How to cure from this infection. Please tell me medicine.
I am having toothache and started getting cavity as well. How to stop the cavity which is there from molars to front teeth.
Well, oil pulling is an ancient remedy that uses oils, such as coconut oil to clean and detoxify your mouth of germs and bacteria. It is one of the simplest technique, which you can do without a hassle.
To do oil pulling, all you have to do is take one spoon of coconut oil in your mouth for about 10-20 minutes every day and swish it inside the mouth. Swishing it will help remove the germs and all those small pieces of food that gets lodged away inside the teeth. Timing is the key here. Because you have to ensure that it is long enough to break through the plaque and bacteria and absorb toxins, but not so long that it reabsorbs toxins!
Spit it out in a trash can, as coconut oil can solidify in the drains! Rinse well with warm or normal water.
Once that?s done, it is recommended that you brush your teeth thoroughly. You will notice that your teeth will become smoother and shinier. Slowly and steadily, they will become whiter as well.
And don't worry! Unlike other practices, this remedy isn't based on pseudo-science. In fact, researchers suggest that it is actually beneficial and helps in problems such as gingivitis, plaque, microorganisms and reduce problems like bad-breath or gum issues.
While it is incredibly beneficial, it is recommended that oil pulling shouldn't be used as a substitute for regular dental cleaning. So, make sure that you are always brushing your teeth on a regular basis to keep your mouth cleaner, fresher and healthier than ever!
If you have any more questions on this topic, click on consult privately to ask me.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.
I have yellow stains on my teeth due to underground water, please suggest me the treatment for this. Is there any type laser treatment by dentist to remove the yellow stains from teeth? please suggest..
If you notice any of the following, visit your dentist immediately
Gums that bleed easily
Red, swollen, tender gums
Gums that have pulled away from the teeth
Persistent bad breath or bad taste
Permanent teeth that are loose or separating
Any change in the way your teeth fit together when you bite
Any change in the fit of partial dentures
It is possible to have gum disease and have no warning signs. That is one reason why regular dental checkups and periodontal examinations are very important
Remember: You don’t have to lose teeth to gum disease. Brush your teeth twice a day, clean between your teeth daily, eat a balanced diet, and schedule regular dental visits for a lifetime of healthy smiles.
I am suffering from bad breathing. And I have cavity in many of my teeth. I was afraid of the treatment and the high cost involve on this. I know it was too late but now I want a pepper solution with minimum cost. Would you please help me out? Any temporary solution for bad breathing?
Please let me know any good medicine for relief severe tooth ache. I had taken 2 medicine of Flexon and after 1.5hr I taken 1 day DT but no relief at all after 1.5hrs. I am female and 32years old. Pain is untolerated.
Chewing gum may be made popular as a style statement in the recent past, but in reality, it is as ancient as the Aztecs and the Mayans, who had the habit of chewing gum or bark. Over the years, numerous studies have been conducted to deep-dive into its benefits, and it has been found to be very beneficial.
With the recent fad of foods going sugar-free, chewing gums also left the sugar in them out.
For routine regular oral care, it is advisable to brush and rinse after each meal. However, in cases when one is not at home, this becomes a practical challenge. A good option is to chew a sugar-free gum after each meal, so that decay and gum disease are reduced to a large extent. This can be supplemented with a brushing or flossing as soon as it becomes available.
In addition to avoiding sugar load, there are other benefits of chewing sugar-free gum as listed below:
- Kills microorganisms: It is believed that chewing sugar-free gum for about 10 minutes can kill up to 100 million bacteria in the mouth.
- Stimulates production of saliva: The jaw movement that happens with chewing gum increases saliva production and flow. This helps in diluting the acids in the mouth, flushing out plaque, and removing food particles that are lodged in various areas.
- Prevents decay: With improved salivary flow, the chances of dental decay are delayed. Studies comparing pH of the mouth before and after chewing gum have confirmed that sugar-free gums reduce the acidic level of the mouth, which is conducive for tooth decay. There is no actual sugar in the gum, thereby one of the factors required for decay is eliminated.
- Xylitol: One of the main ingredients in sugar-free gums, it is shown to reduce the amount of bacteria that lead to decay in the mouth. This is an ingredient from fruits and vegetables and so good for the overall health.
- Improves digestion: As is well known, the first step of digestion begins in the mouth. With improved salivary flow and increased chewing, food is digested to a greater extent leading to reduced incidence of acid reflux.
- Boosts logic and memory: Chewing gum stimulates blood flow to the brain and stimulates the neural pathway. This has multiple benefits including improved memory, improved alertness and logical skills, reduced anxiety, and improved learning and memory.
- Saves money: With all these benefits, especially reduced incidence of gum disease and tooth decay, it is estimated that a lot of money spent on dental treatments is saved.
So, the next time you see the sugar-free gum at the billing counter, there is no need to think too much about it, go for it!!