Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Rashid MerchantYour feedback matters!
Hello! We have a 9 months old baby and we want to feed her egg so how and which part we should feed her?
Dear sir, I have few question about this ,as below- 1.what should be quantity of health in milk? 2. Can we use in whole year or only in winter? 3. What will be age of person who can take this ,can 1 year old child take it? Hope for reply.
I'm a 34 years old mother of 2 girls, and a 14 years old son. My son has always been a loving, caring, well behaved child. Only problem that we have had is the first years and a half of middle school as he was focused on being cool. He's grades began to slip for a short period. Recently I found out that he gently rubbed my 16 years old sisters butt, and tried to slide his hand down her panties while she was asleep, one night while she and my mom came for a visit. My little sis slept in his bed, and he slept on floor beside the bed. He got as far as his knuckles when he pulled his had away. He says he stopped he felt guilty" Gross and disgusted" were the words he used. It truly flabbergasted me that he did this. I didn't believe it when I was told he had done this. He has always been a caring child. A kid that truly cared about other's feelings. My question is. Could this be normal exploration even though he chose to do this to a sleeping young lady, or could this be something that I should worry about as I have a 12 years old daughter, and a 3 year old daughter that doesn't speak well yet? I love my son and I'm very worried about this. Does he need counseling?
Hello My baby is 1 year 10 months old, I'm giving her homeopathy medicine for molluscum but from yesterday she had bad cough for cough I gave allopathy syrup. Can I continue both medicine homeopathy and allopathy.
My sisters son has shivering in the time of eating. Also he don't like to talk, even to his father, also he is crying very fast, even when an biscuit lost. Also all the time he is biting his nail. He has asthma also. Please send a good solution for it.
I have pain in all over my body especially in hands legs n back bone. I feel also weak after delivery. My baby is now one year old and the important thing I feed her. So please tell me what will be better to improve my health and reduce pain?
Children are found to be more prone to falling sick than adults. This is not only due to their lower immunity, but also the carelessness of the elders around. Since it is not expected of children to take precautions, it is up to the parents to take care of that. The following is a list of ways to protect your child from one of the most common kinds of illness encountered by children lung infection.
- Avoiding smoking in front of children: It is a well established fact that passive smoking or being in proximity to a smoker is almost as harmful as smoking itself. Parents who smoke in the presence of their children are putting the latter at the risk of lung infections and various serious lung conditions. Thus, children should be kept away from tobacco smoke as much as possible.
- Limited use of mosquito repellents near children: Mosquito repellents have been known to cause asthmatic attacks in small children. The liquidators and the mosquito coils contain chemicals which should not be inhaled, especially by children.
- Avoiding air pollution: Air pollution causes irreparable damage to the lungs of children. Harmful gases and smoke from vehicles can lead to asthma, or even lung cancer, in children. To avoid this as much as possible, children should be made to wear pollution masks, especially while travelling through busy streets with heavy traffic.
- Avoiding objects which can cause allergic reactions or act as triggers: The triggers vary from one child to another and for some, there might not be any trigger at all. However, it is the responsibility of the parents to keep the children away from things, which might cause allergic reactions. Examples of such objects are, certain fabrics, fur of animals, incense sticks, perfumes, talcum powder, citrus food, peanut, pollen, flowers, dust, fumes and so on.
- Teaching them personal hygiene: Teaching children to carry handkerchiefs, cover their mouths while coughing or sneezing, washing their hands properly, and other good hygiene habits, can combat lung infections to a great extent, as these help prevent the spread of germs.
- Timely vaccinations: Proper vaccination acts as a precautionary measure for lung infections in children. Thus, parents should get their children vaccinated after consulting the respective physician.