Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Rashid H MerchantYour feedback matters!
My daughter is seven and half months old (premature). Her weight is 5.8kgs. She blows away medicine as well solids, does not take enough formula. Does not sleep properly. Please help.
I am taking a one and a half year old infant to leh ladakh. We as adults are advised to take acetazolamide. Salt (diamond) for acute mountain sickness. But is there any drug for infants and is it safe. Please advise. Else we will cancel the trip.
My one year 5 month old daughter is passing stools 3 times a day. 2 times normal consistency and one time liquid. Is it normal? She is underweight too n has lack of immunity as she falls sick every once or twice in month. Please suggest any healthy diet.
Bedwetting, also known as Nocturnal Enuresis, can be referred to as the unintended and involuntary urination during sleep. Enuresis, being a medical term, stands for wetting, whether during the day in full clothing or at night in bed. For young children and infants, urination is certainly involuntary. It is worth note that children who wet their beds are not actually being disobedient or lazy.
Child Bedwetting can be classified into two types- Primary and Secondary
It has been continuing since the phase of early childhood without a halt; which means the child bed-wets every night.
The child is unable to hold urine over the length of the night.
The child cannot wake up in case his or her bladder is almost full..
The child has been taught poor toilet habits as he/she puts off urinating for hours during the day.
Secondary bedwetting can be an indication of a repressed medical or emotional condition.
Infection of the urinary tract can cause irritation and pain along with a strong urge to urinate.
People suffering from diabetes need to urinate frequently.
Any injury or abnormality of the nervous system can take a toll on the neurological balance that fundamentally controls urination
A peculiarity in the muscles or other organs that are involved in urination can be the reason behind bedwetting.
How to address the problem of bedwetting?
Motivational Therapy: This involves parents motivating their children to reinforce their sense of self-control over bed-wetting.
Moisture alarms that can detect wetness in the child’s trousers while sleeping and sound an alarm bell to wake the child up.
- Tricyclic anti-depressants that lower the amount of urine produced by the kidney.
Kya broncomalacia ka ilaaj hai agar baby 2 month ka hota hai agar hai to kya hai wo ventilator par how to.
My son s 4 months old he coughs 5 to 6 times a day .he coughs through his throat and while crying first he will cough and later he will cry I am very much tensed .doctor told me will wait for 2 more months. But he s active.
My son 2 and half year kills swallowed 5Rs coin I took X-ray and it's I'm stomach near to small intestine, I want your opinion weather it will come out through motion?
I have vaccinated my son with HIB vaccine and hepatitis A vaccine yesterday. Today morning he had fever. Is that vaccine causes fever or he had any virus infection?
Are you aware of the number of people who suffer because of pneumonia? As the weather becomes cold and damp, chances of getting affected by pneumonia increases. Pneumonia can originate from virus, bacteria and a host of other factors. It is one of the most common ailment which affects the adults, all over the world. Hence, it is important for all of us to prevent ourselves from pneumonia and for that we can follow the below mentioned steps:
- Know about the symptoms of pneumonia first: It is difficult to detect or diagnose pneumonia, especially in people over the age of 65. In older patients, the common symptoms such as fever, chills, cough may not be experienced. You should watch out for non-respiratory symptoms like weakness, dizziness, delirium and confusion. It is even more difficult to diagnose pneumonia in people who are suffering from preexisting conditions.
- Practice good hygiene: Common respiratory infections, influenza and cold may cause pneumonia. You should follow hygienic habits. Wash your hands regularly before meals and use hand sanitizers in order to prevent the illness from spreading. You should also maintain proper oral hygiene as several oral infections may also lead to pneumonia. You should also keep away from people who are affected by pneumonia or any other illness like flu, cold and serious diseases such as measles or chicken pox. All these factors may cause pneumonia.
- Get vaccinated: It is recommended for people of all ages who may be at a risk of getting pneumonia to get vaccinated and immunised against pneumonia causing virus called pneumococcal pneumonia. This is a one-time vaccine, which prevents and reduces the severity of pneumonia. A booster vaccine after every five years may also be prescribed. Elderly people should be vaccinated against all diseases which cause pneumonia.
- Quit smoking: Smoking accounts for being a major cause or risk factor for pneumonia. It increases a person’s chance of getting pneumonia as the lungs’ ability to defend themselves from the infection is reduced. By quitting smoking, you will be able to prevent pneumonia.
- Maintain a good general health: Maintaining an overall good health and following healthy habits will help you in preventing pneumonia. This is because your immune system stays strong and is able to fight efficiently against pneumonia-causing infections. A proper diet with all essential nutrients is also recommended along with regular physical exercise and proper rest.
Severe cases of pneumonia are capable of making you suffer and you may be admitted to a hospital. According to studies, it has been estimated that more than 60% of people over the age of 65 need to be hospitalised because of pneumonia.
The ketogenic diet is a special high-fat, low-carbohydrate diet that helps to control seizures in some people with epilepsy.
Doctors usually recommend the ketogenic diet for children whose seizures have not responded to several different seizure medicines.
The typical ketogenic diet, called the "long-chain triglyceride diet," provides 3 to 4 grams of fat for every 1 gram of carbohydrate and protein.
Several studies have shown that the ketogenic diet does reduce or prevent seizures in many children whose seizures could not be controlled by medications.