Find numerous ENT Specialists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Sinuplasty Procedure
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Foreign Body in Eyes, Ears, Nose and
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Hearing, Speech Impairment
Nosebleed (Epistaxis) Treatment
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Treatment of Nasal Disorders
Canalith Repositioning (Cr) Procedure
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Csf Rhinorrhoea Repair Surgery
Ear Microsurgery Procedure
Functional Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Micro Laryngeal Surgery
Reconstructive Middle Ear Surgery
Revision Ear Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. RaoYour feedback matters!
My wife age 34 years and he suffering with cold, her nose is blocked and headache. Give me fast relief treatment.
I am 26 years old, I have strep throat problem since 8 years, it is causing more pain during winter with sneezing problem also, I had taken the homeopathy treatment but it will not work, could you pls suggest some remedies.
I am 19 years old and a music vocal student from last 2 months my throat is paining and I can't sing.
I am male of age 38 yrs . I am suffering smell identify problem from last one year, I am not felling light smell also.
I am suffering from cold and my voice also effected pls tell me what I do for my throat and my cold.
I am a 17 years old guy, having throat problems, but from few days I have a problem of dry mucus I feel there is dry mucus in my mouth nose, even breathing becomes difficult suggest me any medicine or give solution.
I am 36 year old suffering from frontal sinus las 6 year when pain start I take antibiotics . Any suggestion for permanent treatment.
From last 2 months I am feeling dizzy. When I drive and sleep or when I am in motion I do not feel dizzy. Sitting still makes me feel like the room is spinning. As soon as I close my eyes I stop feeling dizzy. Sometimes I feel nauseated and heavy headed. When I lie down the dizziness gets worsened. I hv done my haemogram mri scan of brain, lipid profile, xray of cervical (reports normal) then why do I feel dizzy ?sometimes I have mild headache.
i m suffering from throat pain and coughing from 13 days.prescribed by three doctors,but result is nothing. also suffering from low fever 98-100 from two years.
I just recently got hit very hard with a sudden cold, and every time I blow my nose there's always blood on my tissue? Is my nose bleeding whilst having a cold normal? And I don't mean profusely. But pretty much every time I blow my nose it's bleeding. Do's & Do not's.
I am a 67 year old retd. Govt. Servant and suffering from pulsatilla tinnitus which increases with rise in BP specially at early morning I. E. 3AM. I am on anti hypertensive medicines. Ct carotid and other inns are WNL including ear examinations. No medicine is providing relief. I feel emotions intensely and my quality of life such as proper sleep is in disarray. My anxiety level is also very high and bad dreams are regular occurrences. Anti anxiolytics are also not helpful. Kindly advise what to do.
I've been feeling dizzy since past few days. Also there's a regular drum like sound in my right ear. I've been advised following prescription: b. Still 16, stemetil. 5, stugeron forte. And few exercises. But not helping me much. Please suggest.
I have shortened of breath , I guess it briquettes. I use Budamate -200 inhaler once a day or two. My stomach become fat when I don't use it . And I have allergy too , my throat, eat and nose have itching all the time . For that I am having Montair -FX I am using these from last 2-3 years. I do gym and running also for this Please help me out with your suggestions so that it can be cured or problem will not worse.
Sinuses are cavities in our skull behind the nose which spread out in a pattern. These cavities are lined with tissues and mucosal membranes and are essential for our breathing process. Sinusitis is a condition where the tissues within the cavities become inflamed which results in the sinus cavities being blocked due to a buildup of fluid.
What are the conditions that can lead to sinusitis?
Some of the conditions that can cause nasal polyps are explained as follows:
- Nasal polyps are small growths of tissue within the lining of the nose which may block the sinuses, resulting in sinusitis.
- Common cold is also a culprit which may result in sinusitis
- If your septum or the bridge between the holes of the nose is deviated (this condition is referred to as a deviated septum), you may be prone to developing sinusitis.
- The lining of the nose may swell in a condition known as allergic rhinitis and cause sinusitis as well.
Types of sinusitis
There are multiple types of sinusitis which may affect people and also on how long they last. The various types of sinusitis are explained below:
- Acute sinusitis: This is the most common form of sinusitis that lasts usually between 2 to 4 weeks. It starts with a cold, blocked nose and turns into facial pain that usually starts very suddenly.
- Chronic sinusitis: This is a form of sinus infection which can have a debilitating effect on your life and may last for 12 weeks or longer.
- Sub-acute sinusitis: This is somewhere between acute and chronic sinusitis and may last from anywhere between 4 to 12 weeks.
- Recurrent sinusitis: This form of sinus infections tend to be a variation of acute or sub-acute sinusitis which tends to occur multiple times a year.
Symptoms of sinusitis
The manifestation of the symptoms of sinusitis may be different from person to person and also on the type of sinusitis you are suffering from. However, there are some generic symptoms that are common to all forms which are mentioned as follows:
- Smelling senses may be dulled
- Facial pain
- Congestion accompanied by a cough
- Nose may be blocked, stuffy and may also be runny
- Other symptoms may also include bad breath, fatigue, or even dental pain
- Nasal cavity may have pus and it may drain from time to time
It is best to consult a doctor quickly, if you have been having any of these symptoms. The doctor can prescribe nasal decongestants and antibiotics which can help. If you have chronic or recurrent sinusitis, then more aggressive and advanced treatments may be required.