Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Rao Bharat RaghavendraYour feedback matters!
My Child who is 6 years old have Development delay issue and Presently taken "Medicine concert 18 Mg from the Last of one Year. Still some Changes is there, but somehow he is not sometimes responding and whatever I told him or speak with him, he Restates the same Words back to me, Not giving Reply, his speech is not also proper. Pls guide what should I do,
My cousin sister is 8 years old, from last 7-8 months I have observing different changes in her behavior. She do not gell up with kids at school, apart from that, she have even started getting jealous with the others, if her parents give attention to some other child, though she is the only child. As per what I have observed, the jealousy or insecurity she faces is with the child of same gender (ex. If her parents gifts anything to any girl, she starts crying loud, or even if they talk to any other kid politely, even then there is a trouble.(i have not seen the same for the other sex). I am very much worried because few months back, it never happened & now this thing is at its pace.
My son is 13 years old. His tooths are not in order. I have to fix him a clip. So kindly advice whether it would be painful and any teeth are to be removed. And what would be the approximate cost for fixing a clip.
My daughter who is 2.5 years old put thread in her nose but no thread found by doctor in basic checkup what will we do?
My baby is 6.5 month old. She is doing vomiting since yesterday. We have introduced curd in her diet recently.
Hi my son is 7 months old and suffering from motion since 5 days and vomiting and not taking milk or anything.
Meri Beti 3 and half month ki hai usko sardi hula hai but mere yaha garmi bahut jayada hai bina ac k nahi raha jata kya ac chalane se sardi par bad effect parega pls tell me baby ko kitni temperature me comfortable feel hota hai.
My child have flu problem for last one week he is 3 years old his running nose vomiting stomach problem chest problem What should I do?
My in laws says to start topfeeding my 40 days old baby. When I want to breastfeed him. They say by topfeeding I he will grow fast. How I should convince them
My Daughter suffering from coughs and vomiting n she has fever as well kindly suggest us what we have to do now (Medicine available is crocin maxtra) thanks she is 3 n half year.
Dr. My son is 5 year old he persists cough from last 9 months. I had donr all tests like AFB that is normal and blood test that is also ok but in chest x ray he had mild cardiomegaly. Dr. said done ECO. Dr. I ask you a question is it curable and prevent. O m worried about him. He has no any breathing problem.
मेरी बेटी को दस्त हो गया है, अतः बदबूदार है, और दांत आने जैसा संभावना मालूम पड़ता है, कोई उपचार बताएं।
My 2 months old baby has noisy breathing at times of feeding and crying and other times he is normal. Is it normal? What cuses this noisy sound? Is it treatable?Please help.
A little more about Weaning:-
Weaning can be defined as a process where there is a gradual transition from an infant's diet to a fully grown adults diet. Weaning is considered a period of complementary feeds, which helps an infant to establish a better connection with food. Weaning can also be considered as a process of developing infants taste buds. Weaning should always be introduced after 6 months of exclusive breastfeeding (from birth to 6 months).
Since the entire process of weaning takes a lot of patience and perseverance, mothers are expected to be creative to bring the best introductions in her child's menu. It is more of a trial method for the new mum, as it helps her govern a basic taste of her tiny tot.
Below are some points which can benefit both the new mum and the baby towards effective weaning.
Points to be kept in mind for a fruitful weaning:-
- Feed only supple or soft foods:- To avoid the potential risk of choking, which can be common with the foods like apple, grapes, nuts, popcorns, The rule here to follow is to make sure that the food fed, should be soft enough to get mashed between the finger and the thumb. It becomes very important to go choke free. One can conveniently start with blends.
- Offer purees and nutrient dense meals:- Weaning should be a gradual and relishing process and purees play a vital role in resetting the overall process since they are loaded with important nutrients and are also easy to digest, they can be an ideal meal to begin for the growing infant.
- Diversify the baby's prospect as a part of growing:- Babies like to see the world as a process of constant change and learning. Including wide varieties of mild herbs like basil, turmeric in his daily weaning diet, will help in developing a stronger immune response.
- Discourage the use of salt, sugar and honey all together:- Do not encourage the use of salt and sugar till the baby turns one. They can prove to be very heavy on the baby's tiny developing system, without contributing much on a nutritional front.
- Go slow and enjoy the overall process :-Considering this period as a time of bonding with your baby, by doing so you will be able to help your baby attain a healthy, positive and fun loving rapport with the new mum and the food, which will last with the baby for rest of his life. By any sort of force feeding involved, baby can get rebellious and might never want to have food at all.
- Encourage self-feeding:- By encouraging it, the baby will eventually learn the process of self-feeding. Self-feeding will help the baby to have a better grip over fine motor grip and also help him be more independent. Self-feeding should be monitored under vigilance and allow baby learn self-feeding by himself, in spite of some futile attempts.
Weaning should be a gradual, happy and a positive process, which should be initially done at a turtle pace. It should evolve as a learning process for both mother and the baby since that will help them to establish a better understanding and connection with the food habits. Weaning can sum up to the benefit of new mum by attaining a better understanding towards baby's food preferences.