Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Hello Sir I have a child 4 months old, at the time of birth he didn't cried so doctor suggested to go to other hospital, in that hospital a doctor checked my baby and told he is a down syndrome. In this four months his activities are good, I need to know how he is in future activities, is there any treatment for develop the child. Please give me any suggestions to develop my child.
I want to know related to child growth and if growth is stunted at the age of fifteen. whom should I consult?
Baby is suffering from birth Asphyxia any treatment I did an MRI BRAIN GROWS 1 inch difference between the normal size of brain. Please help.
My baby is now 16 months now, I want to stop breast feeding, how to make her to stop breast feeding as I have tried in many ways but she insist for it before going to sleep.
My 1 years 7-months old son has been recently diagnosed with 'papular rash' by our pediatric doctor. He has been on daily dosage of - 1) Montair granules for 4-weeks. 2) Xyzal syrup 2 ml for 10-days. Our doctor had mentioned that if things settle down within 1-2 weeks, dosages could be reduced, however, he is currently out of town for 3-months. My son already took these medicines for 2-weeks & 2-3 new rashes have come up since past 2-3 days. Also, the existing ones seem to get cured. Should we continue the same medicines for the entire duration of 4-weeks or, is there any dosage reduction required?
My daughter is 4 yrs old weighing only 10 kg 500gm she does not gain weight and is very weak i consulted many doctors but is useless they say she is very active thats the only anwer i get she has problem eating solid food she does not like to eat a single fruit nor chocolates or any chips or waffers from outside and also harras me a lot to eat home made food pls help my daghter fo that she start liking to eat food and gain some weight atleast.
I am not getting proper nutrition or what that my weight is not increasing I eat so much but after that also please solve this problem.
I am having a one year old baby boy. He is not eating anything besides needed milk by his mother. What should we do?
My daughter is 10 years old n my son is 4 years old. How to teach both of them to share the things with each other and not fight with each other. Thanx.
According to most experts, Depression and Diabetes have been intricately connected in a vicious cycle. While the prolonged and sustaining nature of diabetes directly makes one vulnerable to the bouts of depression, doctors tend to locate traces of depression in the family history of an individual in order to diagnose the roots of diabetes. It won't be too far-fetched to state that both causes as well as affects the other.
If you have diabetes, either type 1 or type 2, you have an increased risk of developing depression. And if you're depressed, you may have a greater chance of developing type 2 diabetes. The good news is that diabetes and depression can be treated together. And effectively managing one can have a positive effect on the other.
How Diabetes and Depression Correlated?
There are myriad ways in which diabetes affects depression and vice versa.
Firstly, tackling such a long drawn disease and its various pitfalls might cause a lot of anxiety to one and lead to depression. Whereas on the other hand, depression reduces the zeal to live and thus results in poor lifestyle choices which in turn causes weight gain, unhealthy food habits, physical inactivity. As we are well aware, all these have the potential to wreak havoc for any patient of diabetes.
Similarly, diabetes ushers in various other health complications, adversely impacting one's productivity. This may cause depression in a lot of people.
On the flipside, depression impedes one's ability and enthusiasm to work or communicate, this in turn intervenes with one's monitoring of diabetes. Since these two extremely malevolent diseases have such close connections, medical science recommends ways to grapple with both. The rigors of managing diabetes can be stressful and lead to symptoms of depression.
Diabetes can cause complications and health problems that may worsen symptoms of depression.
Depression affects your ability to perform tasks, communicate and think clearly. This can interfere with your ability to successfully manage diabetes.
Treatment: Depression is just like any other illness, it can be treated. Treatment can lift the depression and improve diabetes control.
Looking after your diabetes will help decrease the risk of getting depression. If you already have depression, good diabetes management will help lessen the negative impacts it can have. Depression is no different to any of the other complication of diabetes. It is a genuine illness for which you need to seek help and support from health professionals.
The treatment for depression and diabetes involves a coordinated approach that monitors both diabetes control and the symptoms of depression. It is about finding the treatment that works best for each person. For example, people with diabetes and mild depression may find that regular physical activity improves depressed moods and also helps control blood glucose levels.
If you suspect you might have depression, take control of your health by:
- Going to a doctor or other health professional
- Getting involved in social activities
- Engaging in regular moderate physical activity
- Learning about depression and diabetes
- Very particular about medicines prescribed for Diabetes
- Eating healthily and including a wide variety of nutritious foods
- Achieving and maintaining healthy weight
- Limiting your alcohol intake
- Getting help, support and encouragement from family and friends
- Asking your doctor to check your blood pressure, cholesterol and blood glucose levels If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
There are many schedules of immunisation followed and varies from country to country, In india, we widely follow the National Immunisation Schedule.mainly in government hospitals. Many private institutions follow their own schedules.Both are effective,though the private hospitals use costly vaccines whereas the government supply is free.Depending on your purchasing power you can choose either.By and large INDIAN ACADEMY OF PEDIATRICS the largest and most authoritative body in India . Their schedule is fair combination of both types of vaccines newer but costly and cheap ( but effective & safe ) selected appropriately.Apart from the main or essential vaccines there are some optional vaccines for diseases which are not as fatal or life threatening which are covered in national immunisation schedule. I shall explain all important schedule.
RECOMMENDED IMMUNIZATION SCHEDULE FOLLOWED IN INDIA
Text zoom - +
Sl No. Age Disease Vaccination Remarks*
1 AT BIRTH HEPATITIS B HEP B VACCINE -I
2 AT BIRTH POLIO ORAL PV 0 DOSE
3 BIRTH TO
6 WK TUBERCULOSIS BCG
4) 4 -6 WEEKS HEPATITIS B HEP B VACCINE -II
5) 6 WEEKS } DIPHTHERIA ,PERTUSIS,
}TETANUS,POLIO DPT-I OPV -I
6) 10 WK DIPHTHERIA PERTUSIS
TETANUS POLIO HEPATITIS B DPT-II OPV-II HEP B VACCINE III*
*DELHI GOVT RECOMMENDATION
7) 14 WEEKS DIPHTHERIA PERTUSIS
TETANUS POLIO DPT-III OPV- III HEP B VACCINE IV*
*DELHI GOVT RECOMMENDATION
8) 24 WEEKS HEPATITIS B HEP B VACCINE III*
9) 9 -12MTHS }- POLIO MEASLES OPV-IV MEASLES
10) 15-18 MTHS MUMPS MEASELES RUBELLA (MMR*)
11) 18 MTHS } DIPHTHERIA PERTUSIS
} TETANUS POLIO DPT –BOOSTER I OPV –V
*RECOMMENDED BY DELHI GOVT & IAP ONLY
12) 24 MTHS TYPHOID TYPHOID*
13) 4-5 YR } DIPHTHERIA PERTUSIS
} TETANUS POLIO DPT BOOSTER – II OPV -VI
YOU ARE WELCOME TO CLEAR ANY DOUBTS IN PRIVATE CONSULTATION IN THIS SITE
Hridya (aged 6 months) had fallen off the bed yesterday and is acting perfectly normal till now. Kindly advice what symptoms should be checked for any internal injuries/damages.
Fever symptoms in rainy season please tell us we have a three year old son and he is not actively playing out side effects with the fever.
How many days mother feeding continue, for the child age now 6 month plus, drinking water should we introduced in this age?
I'm taking Nexito Forte and Skizoril 12.5mg daily for the past 3-4 years. I'm undergoing psychiatric medications for the past 10 years. I was diagnosed with Schizophrenia and ADHD. I have also been diagnosed to be suffering from Hypertension and have been prescribed Nebimac 5mg and Telma 40 for the past 6 months. Now my life is back on track and I have a good job in hand. But I feel that my life is going on just because of the medicines and fear for the worst when I stop taking medicines. I have had a talk with my doctor who said the dosage would be reduced gradually. What would you advise regarding this?
My son 1.5 yrs having fever twice or thrice in a day. Almost 2 week. Due to fever gems occur in neck. Please help me.
Fluoride products for the teeth have immense importance in dentistry. Fluoride is one such chemical, the balance of which is highly required for strong and healthy teeth. However, there is an optimum amount of fluoride needed for teeth. Anything lesser than that or greater than that can cause harm and serious teeth and gum problems and tooth decay. The best option, therefore, is to get a fluoride based toothpaste or mouthwash, which will keep on providing the teeth with the optimum quantity of its daily dose of fluoride.
The benefits of fluoride products:
Before delving into the types of fluoride products available, let's have a look at the benefits of fluoride on teeth. Fluorides actually save the teeth from dental caries. It happens such that fluoride makes a certain mineral bonding on the teeth which is called fluorapatite. This is not normally found in human teeth, but when teeth damage is done, then to heal it fast this compound is needed to repair the damages. This adds to the mineral bonding in the teeth and strengthens the teeth.
The fluoride products:
The various fluoride based products, which you may use are as follows:
- Fluoridated water: Fluoridating water is a simple process where the optimum amount of fluoride is mixed with drinking water so that drinking the water automatically keeps on adding fluoride to the body and keeps in contact with teeth. This therapy alone is enough and needs no more therapies generally. But not all water reserves contain this, and it's not possible to add fluorides to all water reserves. That is why the other fluoride treatments are needed.
- Fluoride toothpaste: This is one of the most common forms for fluoride treatments. Every common daily use toothpaste contains a 0.22 to 0.312 percent of fluoride, and this is highly beneficial to the teeth for healing of decay and fast repairs. It lets the teeth get stronger.
- Mouth Rinses: Fluoride mouth rinses are an option. The sodium fluorides commonly used in the rinses are used in small amounts in the product which is used just like toothpaste and washed off.
- Fluoride foams and gels: The foam and gel are used when the teeth of the child or adult are under high risk of cavities. The foam or gel is rubbed on the teeth, and kept for a while and then washed off. The typical application time is 30 minutes.
- Varnishes: The fluoride varnishes are just like gels, and they are also used on the tooth surface similarly. It's the choice of the dentist or patient as to which one they want to go with. Besides, these slow fluoride releasing devices, medical supplements and lozenges are also there, which slowly release the optimum amount of fluorides to keep the teeth strong and healing.