Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Ranna B DoshiYour feedback matters!
I have a problem of vagina discharge. Can you tell me what is reason for this. Any medicine which will help us me. Or any homemade medicine.
Hi Doctor, My problem is that I have missed my period by seven days now but all the home test kits are showing negative. I have endometriosis and undergone laparoscopic surgery in 2015. After that I tried IVF but even after one fresh and two frozen transfer there was no success. But I'm not any med now except thyronorm 12.5 mcg. What could be the possible reasons for my situation?
I am 24yr female. marriage 2month before. Near 1month have breast pain while touching. What is my problem?
Hello doctor I am 7th month pregnant and my stomach have stretch mark and itching in stretch mark what I do for this?
Is reducing weight only solution for pcod if hav thyroid and a person who dose nt wan to get laparoscopy.
My sister is 2 month pregnant. please anyone tell what are the food she must take in her regular diet.
Antibiotics are taken to treat a host of bacterial infections, from fever to fungal infections, doctors prescribe antibiotics to deal with the symptoms. Usually, a single course of antibiotics must be taken for the cold or the flu to completely heal. Antibiotics only treat bacterial infections; they do not do anything for viral infections.
1. Antibiotics and Good Bacteria
Antibiotics kill bacteria. Antibiotics do not discriminate between good bacteria and their bad peers. Thus, they end up killing the good bacteria as well. The microbiomes in the gut are the good bacteria in your body that aid in digestion. Certain antibiotics can change the entire microbial diversity in the gut and this change can last for a year. Clindamycin, another antibiotic, can kill butyrate, a short-chain fatty acid produced by microbes. In the gut, the butyrate prevents carcinogenesis, inflammation and oxidative stress.
2. Resistance to Bacteria
Like every living organism, bacteria too evolve and adapt to the surroundings. They mutate and respond to the changes in the environment thus, leading to bacterial resistance. Some bacteria mutate and survive the antibiotic treatments. These bacteria reproduce and the resistance strain gets passed on to the next generation which, in turn, makes the new bacteria desensitised to antibiotics. When you get infected again-
- The infection lasts longer, thus the disease may become serious
- There are more complications which tend to further increase every single time you are prescribed a new course of antibiotics
- If the infection lasts longer, then the chances of you infecting others also become higher
- Recovery takes longer
However, there are a few other things to be considered as well:
Taking antibiotics if you have a viral infection is not a smart thing to do. The antibiotics do nothing to kill the virus. However, if your bacterial infection has been plaguing you since a long time, doctors generally prescribe antibiotics every time. This is because, no matter what their downsides are, antibiotics do help you in recovering from various bacterial complications, at times, permanently.
Hi all, I am 33 yr old female. I am trying to conceive. 1. I use to get breast pain before my period and swelling. It use to be there even after finishing my period. When I contacted a gynae, she suggested me to go for'mammography' here is the result of the same: a. Well defined hypo echoic lesion with lobulated margin measuring 2.3*1.3cms is noted at 3-4'o clock position of right breast, 2cms away from the nipple, at the depth of 8mm. B. Right breast shows heterogeneously heperechoic parenchymal echo texture with multiple simple cysts within, largest measuring 2 * 2mm at 1-2'o clock position. C. Cluster of simple cyst is noted 7-8'o clock position of right breast measuring 15 * 6mm. D. Left breast shows a small simple cyst measuring 3 * 2mm at 6-7'o clock position. E. No evidence of ductal dilatation. F. Benign appearing left axillary lymph node is noted measuring 8 * 4mm. This is done on 20/02/2015. Suggested to'followup scan after 6 months for 2 months after mammography, I was on ayurvedic medication. Pain is less for some months. Since last 2 months, again I started getting pain. So now doctor is suggesting me to go for'biopsy' I am scared of surgery. - do I need to take second opinion from other doctor before going for biopsy? - is there any way else apart from biopsy? ============================ at the same time I had follicle cyst in my left ovary. My gynae suggested me to of for'pelvic transonography' here is the results as on 20-02-2015. A. Ovaries are normal in size, shape and echo texture. B. Left ovary shows a follicle cyst measuring 3.2 * 3.0cms c. Ovaries measuring as follows: right ovary: 2.5 * 1.5cms left ovary: 3.6 * 3.2cms d. Pod and adnexa are free. E. No evidence of ascites. F. No evidence of polycystic ovaries in the rest study. Since then I was on medication. My questions are: 1. Do you want me to go for scan again to check? 2. My gynae suggesting me to go for" follicular study" will it help me to check the status of the cyst? kindly suggest. Thanks in advance,
I want to know I have severe pain earlier in my abdomen and my doctor told that I have cyst in my ovaries and it need to be removed so I get my operate before marriage but at that time it cause no harm to my ovaries but now till 3 years of my marriage I dnt have baby and now I am suffering from usually small ovarian and thin endometrium problem is it due to that operate of cyst bcoz my hormone report is good no problem in that plzzz help.
I had my last periods on 15th Oct and sex on 30th Oct. I got negative hcg test but still I feel I am pregnant. I don't want this. Can I take abortion pill. Please guide wat to do? If I m not pregnant and I ll take abortion pill then what will happen. Please help me? Which pill to take and how.
I am going to have cystoscopy. Thus in my urine, blood has came. To investigate I am going to this as prescribe by doctor. Is it safe or casualties can come. Is it painful or not.
This green gourd may be bitter in taste, but is packed with so many benefits, people who use it swear by it. Whether it is diabetes or asthma, the green bitter gourd has helped in many ways. Read on to know some of the health benefits of this wonder gourd. Hope that makes you learn to relish it beyond its bitter taste.
- Weight management: 100 g of the vegetable contains just about 20 calories, and is one of the best low-calorie foods. Coupled with its other benefits (listed below), this should find its way to anyone wanting to improve overall health
- Diabetes: Karela has the chemical polypeptide-P which is also known as plant insulin. It works as insulin and helps in blood sugar control. A glass of bitter gourd juice is one of the most well-known and successful home remedies for diabetics.
- Rich in folate: Bitter gourds are rich in folates and one can get up to 20% of the recommended daily from about 100 g of this vegetable. Widely used in menstruating women and pregnancy to prevent anemia and blood iron levels. In pregnancy, it also helps reduce neural tube defects in the developing baby
- Loaded with antioxidants: Alpha and beta carotenes, xanthenes, and lutein. All these help in controlling the release of free radicals and reduce bodily inflammation. This is the most important reason for the development of diseases like diabetes, cancer, and premature ageing. Therefore, bitter gourd helps in preventing and/or prolonging the onset of these diseases. Another independent antioxidant is vitamin C, and about 100 g of karela provides more than 100% of daily required dose
- Good for digestion: Bitter gourd is widely used for its digestive properties. It improves mobility, relieves constipation, and reduces problems of indigestion
- Good for respiratory system: Respiratory benefits of bitter gourd include clearing up of sputum, improving breathing, and relief from cough. Widely used in asthma patients
- Blood purifier: It is an excellent blood purifier and juice consumed in the morning is one of the best ways to detox the body
Though still to be proven, karela is known to help HIV/AIDS patients, as they contain phytochemicals, which improve immunity and reduce overall infection and inflammation in the body
Methods of Use:
- Both the leaves and the bitter gourd per se can be consumed for their health benefits
- The juice is the most beneficial method, though it might take you some time to acquire this taste. Whether it is for weight loss or diabetes, this offers the best medicinal value
- Curries are usually prepared with karela in different styles depending on cooking preferences in that area
- It can also be baked, boiled, and fried. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.
The medical term used for kidney disease is Nephrosis and it is seldom also known as the nephritic syndrome. There are a lot of likely causes for this condition and it is detected by carrying out urine test. The treatment for Nephrosis is a long term treatment and done mainly to prevent kidney failure. The kidney disease is very painful and occurs in people of all age groups. It is very important for people who are new to kidney disease that they know about the nine things they should do to stay strong.
Important information on kidney disease:
- The feeling of helplessness on occurrence of kidney disease can be overcome by educating yourself. Individuals should learn everything about kidney disease and can gain vital information even from the Internet.
- It is very obligatory that the advice of the doctor be followed by an individual suffering from Kidney disease. It is not indispensable that the kidney disease always leads to failure of kidney and to keep your kidney healthy and stay away from any damage, it is necessary to comply with the orders of the Doctor.
- It is very important that you stick to a diet, which would keep you healthy and protect your kidneys from any further damage. You should be mindful on everything you eat and you can gain assistance on your diet from a renal dietitian.
- When you suffer from chronic kidney disease, the blood values become very important to gauge the condition of your disease and whether it is getting worse or stable. From time to time, the healthcare provider would check your urine and blood regularly and he would also monitor your blood pressure and blood sugar.
- You can ask help from the support group and accept their assistance. Your family is your best support system in times of need and so involving them is very important.
- You must make sure that you are getting the proper care you need and you need to educate yourself by communicating as well as asking questions.
- You can feel much better by being active, so do things that make you happy. You can exercise regularly, but after taking advice from your doctor. Your main focus must be to keep your heart healthy.
- A positive attitude is anytime helpful in healing a disease. You can listen to music that entertains your mind and helps you stay positive.
- It is not difficult to stay healthy even with kidney disease, as a positive feeling would eventually help face the kidney disease. You must plan ahead and be ready for kidney transplant without getting worried.
Most importantly, spread awareness and help people tackle the situation without any difficulty.
Many studies have shown that excessive caffeine intake affects your chances of conceiving by influencing the ovulation, hormone, and the fallopian tubes but the opinions on this issue are divided. However, research on this topic mostly indicates that, though caffeine can give you a kickstart in the morning, it can have quite a reverse effect on your efforts to conceive.
How intake of excessive caffeine reduces your chances of conceiving?
The fallopian tubes are responsible for carrying the eggs from ovaries to the uterus by rhythmic movements and too much caffeine can affect this movement and cause disruption in the journey of the eggs. Moreover, consuming more caffeine has also been associated with baby's growth restriction, miscarriages, and weight issues. It is preferable to get rid of caffeine altogether from your diet when you are trying to conceive but if you are an avid coffee drinker then you might want to cut back or replace your caffeine intake with milk and syrup which is far more healthy and beneficial.
Which foods and beverages do you need to avoid?
There are so many caffeinated foods and beverages, that it is almost impossible to avoid them. But it is better to take note of them so that you can regulate your caffeine intake. Coffee, tea, soft drinks, energy drinks are obvious sources of caffeine as they are supposed to give you energy. Some herbal teas also contain caffeine. Chocolate, ice creams and candies with coffee flavors, over the counter drugs for allergies, cold and headache also contain caffeine so it is important to read the ingredients list before consuming any of them.
To higher your chances of getting pregnant, it is important to cut back on caffeine. Most doctors are of the opinion that exceeding 50 mg of caffeine intake daily can seriously hamper your chances of conceiving. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.