Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ranna B Doshi
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Ranna B DoshiYour feedback matters!
Mera monthly periods 1.5 month se nahi aa raha ha. Mujhe bhut weakness mahsush ho rahi hai. Mera homoglobin 9.8 hai. Meri age 30 years hai. Please mujhe koi dawa, tonic bataiye jisse mere sarir kamjori dur ho jaye. Mujhe gas ki bhi problom hai.?
Hello sir ,I want to know about a sex time. Before 2 years I got married to 1 girl . I want to know that what about to sex she is pregnant from last 7 months is that we can sex now or not?
If a girl is having stone at her stomach then after she get pregnant by the time will that stone create any problem at a time of delivery.
I always get cramps in my stomach during periods. Is there any permanent solution to it? Because it is unbearable?
Hello I am bharti and suffering from pcod. Since from the last 1 year trying to conceive but failed. I also gone thru follicular monitoring but ovulation occurred without medicine and I don't know what to do.
Hello my friend is quite worried she had foreplay with her boyfriend almost 1 Nd half month before where she and that guy are virgin and she says that he just touched his penis and them touched her vagina for giving her orgasm and she thinks that she can get pregnant is it possible to occur and she did the pregnancy test yesterday which was negative and she did dis because she did test because she is not getting periods and she areas has PCOS so she is still scared is it possible and she is getting little pain in lower left abdomen ?she is scared please rply asap thank you :)
I got intimated with my husband ,it was not sexually but close, there is a doubt of pregnancy what to do to prevent pregnancy? Does i pill work ?
Introduction to the ZIKA VIRUS:
After the deadly Yellow Fever and Ebola pandemics, Zika Virus is yet another disease borne out of the African soil and spreading across the world right now. Named after the Zika forest in Uganda, where it originated, this virus spreads through a mosquito bite - that of ‘aedes aegypti’ mosquito. It can also be passed on from mother to child, blood transfusion and sex.
What’s so deadly about ‘Aedes Aegypti’ Mosquito?
Zika Virus spreads via ‘aedes aegypti’ mosquito, same mosquito that also spreads Dengue and Chikungunya.These mosquitoes typically lay eggs in and near still water found in buckets, bowls, animal dishes, flower pots and vases. They are aggressive daytime biters, prefer to bite people, and live indoors and outdoors near people.
These mosquitoes become infected when they feed on a person already infected with the virus. Infected mosquitoes can then spread the virus to other people through bites.
Symptoms of Zika Virus Attack
A person bit by an infected mosquito takes about 2-7 days to show symptoms like:
- Mild fever
- Skin Rash
- Muscle and joint pain
- Weakness and Fatigue
However, it lasts no more than a week and is usually milder than its cousins Dengue or Chikungunya. Although it is not a fatal disease, the real reason behind the panic is for the women who are pregnant. Zika is found to be a major cause of microcephaly – a birth defect due to which children are born with visibly smaller heads, severely limiting their mental and physical abilities.
Should India Worry?
While it originated in the African continent, Zika has already taken South American countries like Brazil, and most others. Although the virus hasn’t reached Indian shores yet, we are very prone to mosquito borne diseases. The Dengue menace since last few years says it all. Since it is from the same family, we need to be all the more cautious.
Preventions and Precautions:
Since no vaccine exists to prevent Zika virus attack, it’s best to act with caution to prevent the spread.
1. Mosquitoes that spread Zika virus bite mostly during the daytime. Stay in places with air conditioning or that use window and door screens to keep mosquitoes outside.
2. Use Mosquito Repellents during the day when exposed to areas prone to mosquitoes and cover yourself very well.
3. Never allow water to stagnate in or around your habitation. Avoid letting the water stand for long eg: puddles, or water in buckets or potted plants, sewage etc.
Infertility is an increasing problem in contemporary times. More and more women and men are detected with infertility and opt for artificial and medical procedures to conceive a child. However, even today it is seen that the numbers of infertile women are more in comparison to infertile men. There are several reasons why infertility develops in women. Some of the major causes of infertility in women are discussed below.
- Ovulation disorder: There are several reasons as to why a woman may experience irregular menstrual cycles. Some of them are high-stress levels, weight balance issues, late marriages and the like. But in these cases, the underlying cause is absence or scanty ovulation. Thus, if you experience slight irregularity in your monthly cycles, it is best to consult a doctor and get evaluated. It is best to keep weight in normal range and reduce stress.
- Blocked fallopian tubes: These tubes are channels, which connect the ovary ( which produces eggs called ova ) and the uterus. During normal conception, the sperms travel from the vagina into the uterus and then reach the fallopian tubes in which the ovum is available after ovulation. At times, these fallopian tubes get blocked which results in the inability of the sperms to reach the egg. This leads to infertility. Blocked fallopian tubes can be treated and if you are diagnosed with the issue, it is best to start the treatment as early as possible.
- Endometriosis: This condition develops when the endometrial lining of the uterus is found abnormally spread in the pelvis over ovaries, and other organs. Due to this “ectopic” endometrium, in women with endometriosis, the periodic bleeding is also accompanied by bleeding from these abnormal sites, and this causes the pelvic organs to malfunction and get stuck to each other. Women who have endometriosis have severe dysmenorrhea ( periodic pain), dyspareunia (pain during sex) and constant tummy aches, chocolate cysts in ovaries, and infertility. This condition also needs urgent treatment otherwise, the stuck organs make infertility treatment difficult.
- Unhealthy eggs: The health of the egg is determined by factors such as hormonal levels, low or high-stress levels, anger and anxiety levels, environmental factors, hormone production in the body and the like. Thus, any of the said factors might affect the health of the egg produced and make it unhealthy in nature. Unhealthy eggs would render the woman infertile in the long run.
Thus, these are some of the causes of infertility in women. In case you are having trouble in conceiving, it is advisable to opt for a thorough check up by your gynecologist. Sometimes you may be required to take help of artificial reproductive technologies like IUI (Intra Uterine Insemination) and IVF (In Vitro Fertilitsation).
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!