Find numerous Ophthalmologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Laser Cataract Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Ranjit MukherjeeYour feedback matters!
I have cold for 4 days and my eyes are watering continuously because of cold. This effects on my eyes. What should i do?
Hello Dr. my baby is 10 day old and his eyes are looking yellowish and his urine also yellowish what to do please help me.
I am 29 year old male, having pain in eyes from last 15 days and due to having pain head also, feeling very tied whole day.
Sir I am having colour blindness. Is there no solution for this disease and interesting fact is that neither of my parents are having colour blindness. All people say that it is genetically disease. Please tell me the best way to get these disease away from me. I will be really thankful to you sir.
Sir what is the solution for Myopia short sight -2, I am worn eye glass from 3-4 years. But not correct this problem. Please tell me any solution for this. Iam not interest wear glass or contact lenses. How to cure this problem natural home remedies.
I am 14 years old, I will get white sperm when I make my pennis skin up and down. Is it normal that 14 years boy can produce white sperm?
Hi sir/mam if we do lasik surgery means how about nearest object like phone or some letters are look like perfectly or not because when we wear specs or contact lens for short site nearest object slightly blurred when we remove it looks like perfect could you guys please tell me about this?
I have an eye problem. When I close it then It's falling tears continuously. Please help me how can I get rid from this?
Recently I am seeing some kind of floating air bauble in front my eyes whenever I am looking towards sky every time .what's the possible reason of that? Till now my both eyes are normal & I am not using any glass, my age is 26. Please help me.
I wear spectacles with +2.5 and -1.5 power lenses. I also uses veldrop gel (sodium carboxymethyl cellulose 1%w/v) but I feel burning like in my eyes. I uses drop in about every four hours but when I don't use medicine I feel burning in my eyes. Please tell me cure so that I never feel burning in my eyes.
My eye sight is weak (-1.75) and I am using spectacles from 7 years. I want to know that how can I improve my eye sight. Please Suggest some good diet and exercise for eyes. And also best eye drops and medicines for weak eyes.
Increase in use of Laptop started eye irritation and eye watering and redness, sometime due to air n cold breeze also make my eye feel irritation. What type of eye drop or any other medicine should I use?
I have problem in my right eye from couple of days .Due eye facing half head paining upper part of eye. Checked with Opthamologist and using -1.0 sight glaces ,but still having same headach
My sleeping time in night 10: 45 to morning 5: 40 am but I am not sleeping proper 7 hour and try to sleep in a day at least 1 hour to complete sleep. But sometimes I am feeling sleepy and when I go to sleep I didn't get proper sleep in day or night At this point of view I feel I am weak my eyes are paining headache and after that most of time heart pain also. What I do I feel all things are happening cause of lack sleep is am I right Please give me natural remedies.
I am squint, the doctors are advice me to take a surgery, but I am not ready to do so because of lack of money and doubt. So I am seeking another way such as glass only for cover it from others.
A cataract usually forms in the eyes due to clouding of the naturally clear lens that coats the eyes.This coating is usually a matter of age advancement or any other injury that the eyes may have sustained. It may also be a birth defect that a baby may be born with. There are various ways to deal with this debilitating condition.
One of the methods of treatment includes cataract surgery. Read on to find out more about this form of treatment:
- Procedure: During this surgery, the ophthalmologist will remove the cloudy lens and clean it before replacing it with a man-made lens.The technique followed for this procedure is known as phacoemulsification which involves a small cut or incision for the cataract surgery. The incision helps the doctor in liquefying and then vacuuming the centre portion of the lens, which is slightly harder than the rest of the lens.
- Device: The doctor will usually administer anaesthesia first and then make the tiny incision on one side of the cornea. Thereafter, an instrument or device will be inserted through this opening to send out ultrasonic vibrations to the eye. These vibrations will help in breaking the lens into tiny pieces. These fragments will be removed with the help of a suction that will go in through the tiny cut. This cut may also be made with the help of a laser beam.
- New Lens: Once the fragments of the old lens have been cleared, the doctor will go about the process of inserting the new man made lens which is usually made up of clear plastic, acrylic or even silicon, and is known as IOL or intraocular lens. This process is generally termed as intraocular lens implantation.
- Improved Vision: With the help of the new lens, the patient will now enjoy better vision and a visible decline in the symptoms of the cataract including problems in night driving.
- Convenient: This procedure usually takes about an hour and is an outpatient procedure. It is a completely safe procedure where numbing drops are placed on the eye so as to reduce any pain significantly. The doctor will usually give you a novocaine injection around the eye. Also, cataracts from both eyes will not be removed on the same day, and the doctor will schedule you for cataract removal from the second eye for another day.
- Aftermath: After the surgery is over, it is normal to feel some amount of irritation in the eye. If this irritation is persistent, you must see a doctor about it.
Painkillers like acetaminophen and ibuprofen can be used to recover from the pain after the surgery. Ask an ophthalmologist about other measures.