Find numerous Ophthalmologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Laser Cataract Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Ranjit MukherjeeYour feedback matters!
I Have have less night vision, doctors sayd I have -0.75 numbers on both eyes. Is there any chances for reduce this numbers?
I have red eyes from last 10 days and I have suffering from cold I have suffering from fever and my neck part is having pain in my head above eyes part some pain when ever I rotate my neck my eyes are having pain tears are coming from eyes my body temperature is 102. I have headache also. Please help me.
I have red eye for over 3 days and I want to do operation for removing my eyes number, and I have -3.5 number continually for over 6 months. So give me a suggestion what advantages and disadvantages of this operation.
I have headache everyday sometime, I check my eyes number but I havr no eyes problem, so please help me.
My mother is having bulge spot in front of her eyes. She feels no pain, doctors advised her for fat test. She's is always active and she doesn't eat oily or fast food.
Hello doctor, I am pradeep Gautam and my age 23. Actually I am preparing for my medical examination for ies. So I went to check for my eye check up. And my eye was found to be 6/6 (normal). Then I came to room and I'm happy that time. But after that my friend told me to check Colour blindness test on YouTube. So both we r looking for pattern. And I answered only 2-3 number correctly and my friend give almost all answer correct. So I'm worried about it. Pls tell me any solution? And I want ask one doubt - a man have 6/6 eye. And still he will affected by colour blindness?
I sit in front of laptop for almost 12 hours as I am in IT industry. So what can I do to keep my eyes out of stress?
Dear sir I can not see with my rt eye from 10 Years due to RD also slight squint in it. Will defected eye cause any harm to good eye in future. What care should I take.
I have an problem in my eyes I can't see properly so what can I do try to solve my problem as soon as possible.
An inflammation resulting in the formation of a thin layer inside the eyelids or the white part of the eyeball is known as pink eye or conjunctivitis. This condition turns the eye ball into pinkish color, hence the name. Based on the severity of the infection, either one or both eyes get affected.
What are the common symptoms?
- Medium to heavy swelling of the eye
- Eye crusting after sleep
- A burning sensation
- Irritation, itching or blurred vision
- Redness and increased sensitivity of the eye
Different kinds of conjunctivitis:
- Allergic Conjunctivitis: This is the type of conjunctivitis that results from eye irritants such as animal dander, dust particles and pollen. This is not infectious in nature. Treatment prescribed by ophthalmologist includes eye drops and non-steroidal medications. It is advised to keep the eye moist till it gets cured.
- Viral Conjunctivitis: As the name suggests, this kind of conjunctivitis is caused due to a viral attack. Sadly though, antibiotics don’t work and there is no particular medication for this type of conjunctivitis. Like common cold, viral conjunctivitis runs its course in a span of 1-2 weeks. Since virus is contagious, it is necessary to ensure that the microbes don’t spread. Some common prevention measures are listed below:
- Eye cosmetics should be abandoned till the conjunctivitis is cured
- Hands should be frequently cleaned
- Hand and eyes should not be in contact
- Frequent change of pillow covers, towels and clothes
- Swimming should be completely avoided
- Spectacles in place of lens should be used until advised otherwise by a medical practitioner
- Bacterial Conjunctivitis: This kind of conjunctivitis is caused by the streptococcal bacteria and has potential to cause real damage if proper medication is not taken on time. This is highly contagious. Prescription often includes antibiotic drop and ointments. The medication is prescribed for 2-3 weeks depending on the level of bacterial spread in the eye. It is very essential to complete the full course of medication to avoid recurrence. Prevention measures as stated above should be strictly followed.
- Chemical conjunctivitis: Eye irritants such as chlorine cause this conjunctivitis. Frequent swimmers often get affected by this type of eye infection. Topical steroids are prescribed to cure this kind of infection. Immediate medical attention is required to avoid lasting injury to the eye.
How to prevent pink eye?
While prevention is the best way to refrain from conjunctivitis, some basic hygiene checks are very important. Here is a list of must do’s:
- Do not share personal items such as combs, towels and toiletries.
- Stay away from a conjunctivitis infected patient
- Using of goggles while swimming
- Frequent usage of hand sanitizer and hand wash