Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Ranjit ManiarYour feedback matters!
I am suffered with colour Blindness. Is there any cure available in india? And please tell me how can I have a normal life with it?
I am facing a mental disorder. I can not share this freely with my family members. Its like a panic disorder. whenever I see people, friends, or my family member talking among themselves and I am not there, I always they are saying something negative about me. I can not tell this to anybody. Please help. I practice meditation as well. But not result.
I have eyes which look always sleepy and which do not give good impression about me. Even though I am a normal person with healthy habits this one aspect gives me a feeling of inadequacy. How to rectify this?
My age is 18 n I have allergy in my eyes since one week and sometimes they become red also, I also uses power specs since six year. What should I do?
During summer you try to take special care about the overall health of your body, particularly, your eyes. Eyes are one of the most important organs of the body, and the scorching summer heat can cause serious eye problems like conjunctivitis, infections, red eye, migraines etc., which is why it's important to take proper care of eyes during the summer season.
Here are some tips to keep your eyes cool and protected during the summer:
- Wearing sunglasses is very important when you are outdoors as it protects your eyes from the harmful UVA and UVB light. This will help in avoiding migraines and even serious conditions like cataract.
- Avoid midday sunshine. Stay indoors as much as possible during the middle of the day to avoid the sunshine then when the effect of the sun and ultraviolet radiation exposure are at their peak.
- When you plan to go for a swim, make sure you wear your swimming goggles. Otherwise you might catch conjunctivitis.
- You should not splash water into the eyes directly unless any foreign particles such as dust enter your eyes. This might damage the tear film of the eye, which protects your eyes.
- You need to maintain proper hygiene by washing your hands and face properly as soon as you reach home so that dust or grime does not enter the eyes as their entry can result in allergies and infections.
- You can keep a slice of cucumber on each of your eyes to relax and cool them down.
- 6 to 8 hours of sleep are a must as they help in revitalizing your eyes.
- Adding green vegetables, carrots, nuts, liver and fruits to your diet would be very beneficial for the health of your eyes. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ophthalmologist.
Sir I am 23 year old boy doing studies. I usually feel a headache. The ache mainly lies above my both eyebrows and on both corner of my forehead. I already checkup eyes n they are totally fine. So please suggest me how I got rid of this.
Testicle issue in my body for last 3 to 4 years it's not growing according to the age I faces a lot of issues in my body like eyes infection physically weakness very soon tiredness felling body etc my age is now 22 my Testicle size is 8.9 cc and 11. 8 cc kindly suggest me what can I do & provide a good solution of my problem.
My eyelids are itching very often and I am feeling my eyes to be heavier, like when we feel when we are too tired. I actually had fungal skin infection on legs which most people often suffer from, I doubt whether is it the cause for my itchy eyes? I have specs also.
I have been done cataract surgery and implanted lens 20 days back. Now I have had a headache on my left side. So do I have any problem using tablets for my headache?
Hi I had my retinal surgery on 23rd March, my vision is there but the focus is lacking in this eye. There is more light and things look more whitish. How long it takes for restoration of normal focus or I will have to go in for farsight glasses?
I have studied at late night and now I have headache and pain on my both eyes. what should I do? Please help me.
I have eye problem, my eye sight is excellent its 6/6 both. But problem is that when I am in sunlight more then 5 min my eye started pain and its transferred from eye to head. I used black specs ð in the sunlight. And I face same problem in the heat.
I'm not able to see long distance object properly. Such as in class, it's being so hard too see the words on the board. This is happening from last 3 to 4 days. I'm a 17 yr old boy. Why it's happening? how to get this normal? is there is smthn wid I'm using my phone too much. N the screen light affecting my eyes? please help I don't want glasses!
To help avoid workplace - dry eye and eye strain, follow these eye ergonomics tips.
1. Stay at arm’s length: try placing the monitor 25 inches away from your face. No measuring tape? put your screen an arm’s length away.
2.Take care of glare: while many new phones and laptops have glass screens with excellent picture quality, they also produce a strong glare that can aggravate the eyes. If you use a glass screen device, try a matte filter for your screen.
3. Give your eyes a break: strain occurs after long, continuous periods of reading paper or viewing digital screens up close. follow the 20-20-20 rule: take a break every 20 minutes by looking at an object 20 feet away for 20 seconds. Looking into the distance allows your eyes to relax.
4. Defy dry eye: many newer office buildings have humidity - controlled environments that suck moisture out of the air. In winter, heaters on high can further dry your eyes. Try a desktop humidifier to add localized moisture.
Keep artificial tears at hand to help lubricate your eyes.
5. Lighten up: when your screen is much brighter than your surroundings, your eyes have to work harder to see. Adjusting your environmental lighting can reduce eye strain. Also, try increasing the contrast on your monitor.