Find numerous General Surgeons in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Surgeons with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Surgeons online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Stem Cell Transplant
Submit a review for Dr. Ranjeet Kr JhaYour feedback matters!
How can I removed spots and make in skin glows as I have sun burn. And my skin is burn after the peeing and mezo treatment.
Hello, i'm 19 years old my body skin is fair except for penis it looks dark. What should I do make it fair as rest of body skin ? How to best take care of it for a healthy penis ?
Skin tags, also known as acrochordons, are small brown or darker-than-skin tone growths on the surface of the skin. Tags are very common and harmless growths and tend to occur on the neck, under the breasts, armpits, eyelids and folds of the groin. They generally take place after midlife. About 25% of people report having skin tags after they cross the age of 50.
What causes skin tags to occur?
Skin tags are very common among diabetics and obese individuals. Pregnant women also develop skin tags, as a consequence of changes in the body's hormonal levels. Skin tags tend to occur when your skin rubs against clothing or skin. They are normally caused by blood vessels and collagen that gets trapped inside the thicker portions of the skin. For this reason, they are typically found in folds and creases of the skin. Sometimes, they reduce on their own if blood supply to the tissue has been disrupted due to them getting twisted.
What procedures are involved in their treatment?
Skin tags are generally removed for purely cosmetic reasons but when they do become troublesome, as in, they rub against jewelry, skin or clothing, doctors recommend their removal as the area can end up becoming irritated.
The following procedures are performed to remove these annoying growths on skin:
1. Excision - In this procedure the skin tag gets removed using a scalpel.
2. Ligation - The procedure involves the cutting off of blood supply to the skin tag.
3. Cauterization - The procedure involves the burning off the skin tag using electrolysis (process that involves decomposition of a matter by electric current)
4. Cryosurgery - In this procedure, the skin tag is frozen before removing it. An instrument containing liquid nitrogen is used to do the removal. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.
I have pimples on my whole face, I have an oily face and don't even eat junk food. Their scars are left behind too.
I have wheatish complexion with uneven tone, also the skin around lips is more tanned and dark, I want to improve my color tone and gt rid of uneven skin, please suggest what should I do.
Symptoms Of Skin Fungus
While skin fungus may be caused by different environments and different types of fungi the signs or the symptoms of such infections are common:
• The skin of the feet peels, cracks or scales off
• Redness occurs on the skin as well as blister formation
• The skin tends to soften and breakdown
• There could be itching and burning
It is to be noted that skin fungus causes infections that are highly contagious. Thus, it can easily be transmitted from one person to another. The infected area needs to be treated or else it will spread to other areas of the body and cause complications. The different kinds of skin fungal infections like Jock itch, ringworm, athlete’s foot can be cured or prevented by taking note of the effective home remedies available.
Home Remedies For Skin Fungus
1. Proper Cleaning Routine
We often do not give adequate attention to the feet or clean it properly. It is necessary to:
• Wash feet thoroughly with soap
• It should be scrubbed or exfoliated from time to time to remove the dead skin cells.
Such regular cleaning rituals will keep the skin on the feet healthy and not allow bacteria to develop on it.
2. Keep The Feet And Shoes Dry
It is imperative that one maintains cleanliness and dryness of the feet and shoes:
• One should not wear shoes with wet feet
• The feet should be dried thoroughly after bath or washing
• If shoes are wet, they should be dried out properly before they are worn
3. Use Of Apple Cider Vinegar
If one has ringworm they can make use of apple cider vinegar and its antiseptic properties:
• The affected area should be cleansed with antiseptic soap first
• Apple cider vinegar should be applied on the affected area with a soft cotton ball
• The affected area should be massaged gently
4. Use Of Nail Polish
A common home remedy to get rid of skin fungus is to use nail polish remover or nail polish on it:
• If the fungus has affected the nails putting nail polish on it will kill the fungus and dry out the area
• The acetylene content in the nail polish does the trick
5. Do Not Wear Footwear For Long
If you tend to sweat or are active all day long, you need to remove the footwear often:
• It will help to dry out the seat
• It will reduce chances of fungal infection coming on
6. Apply Powder
If one is repeating the same pair of socks and shoes they need to:
• Apply baby powder in the shoes and the socks
• That will keep the moisture out and reduce chances of infection
7. Keep An Eye Out For Telltale Signs
It is hard to recognize the symptoms of fungal infection. One needs to keep an eye out for the first signs as the skin infection caused by fungi is contagious:
• Crusty skin layer forms on the top of feet
• Small rashes might develop which might itch
8. Do Not Wear Tight Fitting Clothes Or Shoes
When one has fungal infection they should resort to:
• Loose clothing that allow the air movement
• Comfortable fitted shoes should be worn to prevent aggravation of the infected areas
9. Tea Tree Oil
This is known to be an effective cure for fungal infections. It can be used in the form of:
• Ointment on the affected area
• The oil can be mixed with a carrier oil and then applied on the affected area
10. Preventing Skin Fungus On The Back
If you tend to sweat a lot you need to:
• Change the sweaty clothes
• Scrub the skin thoroughly when taking bath
11. Use Of Essential Oils
One can use the following essential oils to prevent fungus from growing on the skin:
• Garlic oil
• Tea tree oil
• Oregano oil
12. Use Of Hydrogen Peroxide
On can use a solution of hydrogen peroxide and water in order to treat fungal infections. If one is suffering from such an infection:
• They can use such a solution to wash themselves or soak the affected area
• If the skin is sensitive, skin bleach can also be used to treat the affected areas
Hi I'm male I just want my face to look beautiful, clear and glowing and I want to look fair and handsome too please help me out with some tips or remedies any suggestions that it's works for me and I have a beautiful and glowing fair skin and I look handsome and even for my dark hands and legs to make them look fair and beautiful please help me out I want people to notice my look at me please help me out.
One of the most common treatments for melasma is sun protection. This means wearing sunscreen every day and reapplying the sunscreen every 2 hours.
Women are far more likely than men to get melasma. It is so common during pregnancy that some people call it the mask of pregnancy. Hormones seem to trigger melasma.
Melasma: signs and symptoms
Common signs (what you see) of melasma are brown or gray-brown patches on the face. These patches most commonly appear on the:
Bridge of the nose.
Above the upper lip.
Chin. Some people get patches on their forearms or neck.
What causes melasma?
What causes melasma is not yet clear. It likely occurs when the color-making cells in the skin (melanocytes) produce too much color. People with skin of color are more prone to melasma because they have more active melanocytes than those with light skin.
Common melasma triggers (what starts it) include:
Sun exposure: ultraviolet (uv) light from the sun stimulates the melanocytes. In fact, just a small amount of sun exposure can make melasma return after fading. Sun exposure is why melasma often is worse in summer. It also is the main reason why many people with melasma get it again and again.
A change in hormones: pregnant women often get melasma. When melasma appears in pregnant women, it is called chloasma, or the mask of pregnancy. Birth control pills and hormone replacement medicine also can trigger melasma.
Cosmetics: skin care products that irritate the skin may worsen melasma.
Procedures: if a topical medicine does not get rid of your melasma, a procedure may succeed. Procedures for melasma include a chemical peel (such as glycolic acid), microdermabrasion, and dermabrasion.