Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Ranjana PanditYour feedback matters!
PCOS (Polycystic Ovary Syndrome) is a common disease of the endocrine system among women who have attained the reproductive age. Women with this condition generally have ovaries larger in size than the usual, containing small pockets of fluids, also termed follicles. These 'follicles' develop in each of the ovaries as diagnosed with the help of an ultrasound exam. Abnormal or extended menstrual cycles, unusual growth of hair and obesity are some of the common accompanying conditions associated with PCOS. This disorder can interfere with a woman's menstrual cycles, thus making pregnancy difficult. More so, this condition can also impact the way you look and if left untreated for long, can lead to underlying disorders such as diabetes and other cardio vascular diseases.
Causes of PCOS:
- Excessive Insulin secretion: Insulin is a hormone secreted by the pancreas, which allows the body cells to utilize the sugar; the most important energy store of your body. If you suffer from insulin resistance, your body's ability to utilize the insulin gets affected adversely. This forces the pancreas to secrete more insulin in order to keep up with the body's energy supply. This excess insulin might result in an increase in the production of androgen, which in turn, might interfere with the ovulation ability of the ovaries.
- Low- level inflammation: Inflammation is the process by which your body's white blood cells fight infections. Studies reveal that women suffering from PCOS have a low level inflammation which acts as a catalyst in the production of androgens.
- Can be hereditary: If you have someone in your family suffering from this syndrome, you might automatically be at a higher risk of developing this disorder.
Symptoms accompanying PCOS:
- Abnormal menstrual is the most commonly observed symptom. Women suffering from PCOS may have less than nine periods in an entire year and in some cases, even none.
- Excess secretion of male hormone, which is related to excess androgen production may result in symptoms, such as abnormal body and facial hair, acne and baldness, which is identical to that in men.
- Unexplained increase in weight and difficulty losing it as well.
- Another fairly noticeable symptom is depression.
I had sex on 30th December .My periods was about to come on 5th Jan but I didn't get it till yet. We used protection while having sex. Moreover I am feeling weakness from last three days.
Hlo meri mrg ko 8 month ho re hai but pregnancy ka koi chance ni bnn rha me bht upset ho jati jb periods ate aisa kyu Kya jb tk ldki ko sex ka mja ni ayega tb tk pregnancy nai hoti please suggest me.
I want to conceive & I am planning from last 2-3 months but no results. This is my second pregnancy.
Me and my wife had unprotected intercourse and taken ipill with in 24 hours of time hence we are not ready for children as of now but can we continue unprotected sex after having the tablet and is there any risk of pregnancy if so please tell me what we can do instead (as I am aware that there will be more side effects for daily control pil) but we like to continue having sex (due to my partner wish) please advice can we proceed like wise.
Chlamydia is a very common STI caused by bacteria. Those patients who are suffering from chlamydia usually don't see the side effects in the early stages, which makes it that much more difficult to diagnose it. Chlamydia can bring about a lot of severe problems in the later stages. These include not being able to get pregnant later or causing dangers in pregnancies. This disease is often easily spread since it shows no noticeable symptoms and can be passed on the partner very easily. 75% of the infection in women and 50% of the infections in men cannot be noticed and are without any symptoms.
Symptoms: Since the side-effects are not always visible, when they do happen, they are normally recognizable within one to three weeks of contacting and include the following:
In women these are:
- Vaginal discharge with strong odour
- Abnormal bleeding during periods
- Excruciating periods
- Stomach pain with fever
- Pain while engaging in sexual activities
- Burning around the vagina
- Pain during urination
- Cloudy discharge from the tip of the penis
- Excruciating pain while urinating
- Burning around the opening of the penis
- Swelling and pain in the testicles
Treatment: Chlamydia is easily treatable. Since it is bacterial in nature, it's treated with anti-infection agents. Following are some of the most common treatments for chlamydia in men as well as women:
1. Azithromycin is an anti-infection generally recommended in large dosage, yet the dosage may be spread out more than 5 days.
2. Doxycycline is an anti-microbial that must be taken twice every day for around one week. Your specialist may recommend different anti-infection agents.
Regardless of which antibiotic you are given, you should follow the dosage guidelines properly to ensure the infection is cured completely. This can take up to two weeks, even with the single-dosage medications.
Try not to engage in sexual relations while your treatment is going on. Unfortunately, you can get chlamydia again in case you're uncovered, regardless of the fact that you've had it and it was treated.
Women with extreme chlamydia infection may require hospitalisation, intravenous anti-microbial and painkillers. Your doctor might use a few tests to diagnose chlamydia. He or she will probably take samples from your urethra and cervix and then send it for further analysis. There are also other tests that include urine samples for presence of bacteria. Sometimes, even blood tests are taken depending upon your symptoms or in case the doctor is not able to diagnose it with previous methods and tests.
After taking the medication, individuals should get a follow-up on the treatment after three months to make certain that the disease is cured. This is highly important in case you are not sure whether your partner has been treated or not.
My wife has taken a mifestone pill (mankind) yesterday night but till today afternoon (15hrs) had no bleeding, what is the reason and when should the remaining tablets needs to be taken. Also she is complaining of uneasiness. We had the ultrasound done. Please help!
I am 26 years old girl. Delayed my menses. Wen I scan the doctor said that i am conceived. I have check my hcg blood test but in that test normal. N urine strip test also normal. I am sad doctor please tell me why like this happen. Thy told me that I have thyroid problem also.
The Smartphone addiction has got all hooked. With millions of apps catering to your different needs, smileys, emoticons and memes instead of relying on words to express what you feel and getting to know the whole world at one tap, you feel severely addicted to your Smartphone. But, is that a healthy sign? On introspection, you will probably find that you spend more time over the virtual domain through the social networking sites rather than having a heart-to-heart with your family and friends.
Of late, smartphones are being held responsible for causing depression as a result of increased isolation. Let’s find out whether the theory is well propounded or not.
- One of the major signs of depression is lack of adequate sleep. Sticking to your smartphone till the wee hours of the morning affects your level of concentration, resulting in anxiety and a bad temper.
- When you spend a lot of time on the gadgets, you slowly compromise on your thinking capacity. You take everything internet serves you as granted without clarifying. With every piece of information available on the internet, there is nothing left for you to imagine or create.
- Addiction to social networking sites is taking away all your creative potentials; and on one fine day, when you discover this, you might feel increasingly disillusioned, resulting in depression.
- One of the worst causes of depression is cyber bullying. The virtual world might welcome you with all kinds of threats and humiliation and this happens majorly on the social networking sites. As a result, you feel your self-confidence is at stake, resulting in severely low self-esteem and subsequent depression.
- Abandoning your smartphone completely is utopian, because they serve needful purposes as well. But, what you can do is limit the time you spend on the device and replace it with something creative. Otherwise, it might not be too late before you start silently sliding into depression.
I am using laptop for long period of time and due to which I am having severe neck pain in my back side. It is beyond my tolerable power. Please help.
I have two big cysts around 6cm, 5cm on my two ovaries, my age 39. Is there any remedy to cure my cysts without operation.?
Hiii doctor, is it necessary to use contraceptic pill? what if we use condom, and if I took birth control then will it effect me in future.?
Hi, I am 22 years old. i am trying to conceive from last 7 months. What should I do to conceive easily?
I am married 26 years. I'm patient of hypothyroidism since 7 years but it uncontrol after my delivery my baby is 3 months and i'm gaining weight and my tummy become fat due to hypothyroidism please help me.
Beet Root, an Underestimated vegetable is highly beneficial for our health. consumption of beetroot decreases the risk of obesity Diabetes , hair health and overall mortality, and promotes healthy complexion and hair, increased energy.
Beet root is very useful in maintaining Heart health and blood pressure: Researchers hypothesized this was likely due to the high nitrate levels contained in beet juice and that the high nitrate vegetables could prove to be a low cost and effective way to treat cardiovascular conditions and blood pressure.
Dementia: Dr. Surabhi Jain, best Dietician In India ,Beet root is highly benefiical food and it can be consumed in form of juice and soup. drinking juice of beetroot can improve oxygenation to the brain, slowing the progression of Dementia in older adults. so it is very helpful in maintaining the health of brain. .
Diabetes: Best online diet plan should ensure that we get all the necessary nutrients . an antioxidant, alpha-lipoic acid, is present in ample amount in Beets so they have shown to lower glucose levels, prevent oxidative changes , increase insulin sensitivity hence improving the overall health of the diabetic patient.
Digestion and regularity: the fiber content of Beet root is very high ,it helps in maintaining the normal functioning of our gut flora , s prevent constipation and promote digesion..
Inflammation: Best Dietician in Lucknow, Dr Surabhi Jain says, Choline present in Beetroot helps in maintaining the health of our neurological system. it regulates our muscle movement ,sleep, muscle , learning and memory.
Exercise and athletic performance: Beetroot juice supplementation has been shown to improve muscle oxygenation during exercise hence improving our performance.
So gear up to incorporate some healthy recipes of beet root in our daily diet the easiest way is to make its soup with Tomato, carrot , spinach and garlic. an healthy treat for your body.
To know more about healthy eating please contact us at 91-9648888820 . you can mail us firstname.lastname@example.org
Leucorrhoea, which is also commonly know as "white discharge" ("shvet pradar" in hindi) is common problem in female. Normally (physiologically), vaginal discharge occurs during ovulation, during pregnancy, and in some women, few days before menses. When this secretion increases in amount, then it is term as leucorrhoea. Physiological vaginal discharge is white, odorless and it can be sticky, yellowish, or watery.
Patholpgy: leucorrhoea itself is not a disease but can be symptom of many diseases. Profuse white discharge can be associated with pathological conditions like trichomoniasis vaginitis [with greenish, foul smelling discharge], candidiasis [curdy, thick discharge], bacterial vaginosis, etc. In such cases, there is profuse white discharge with associated symptoms like burning, itching, pain in lower abdomen and lower back pain are also present.
Leucorrhoea may be present as without any apparent disorder. Generally, during increase white discharge [without apparent disorder], patient also complains of profound general weakness and lethargy, mental irritability, mild itching, lack of concentration in routine work.
Why homeopathy for leucorrhoea?
There are some of the best homeopathic remedies for leucorrhoea like sepia, pulsetilla, natrum group of remedies and kali group etc. Which not only cures but also reduce the repetitive tendency of complaint without side-effect. Homeopathic medicine is selected on the basis of symptoms, hence the medicine differs from patient to patient. For proper treatment and consultation, call back or massage.
- General management
- Maintain proper hygiene.
- Avoid use of pessary, tampon.
- Avoid stress
- Have nutritious food.