Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Rani BatiYour feedback matters!
Hello mam I am 25 years old and I am in a relationship with my husband. Recently during my periods time .1st day I have seen brown blood coming and 2 nd day I have seen red blood and 3rd, 4th and 5th day I have seen brown blood. May I know the reasons and is there any abdomen scanning required before consulting a doctor.
Dear Mam, my wife is 23years old. She has period problem. Sometimes it bleeds very less than normal. She has passed almost 5months at this condition. What should she/we do?
I used condom twice in a week that include ovulation day I am sure that I was in a safer side in using it is there chances of pregnancy.
Sir is there any chance of pregnancy if any girl use to do sex on 12.06.17 and her last period was started on 11.05.17.
I am 23 years old I had sex with my boy friend on 26/nov/2015 my last period was on 1st nov, i am not sure I am pregnant or not. Please tell me how i will get to know? Please advise.
When I do fast I dnt feel hungry bt I feel so much thrusts so please help me what to do so I may not feel thrusts please let me know.
Hi, Still my wife not getting conceive. All tests are positive HSG, Follicular study give good growth of eggs. Regular periods. My semen test give 80millions counts. Normal viscosity. But we both having heat bodies and my home also more heat (No 1st floor) atmosphere. My question is Due to heat body infertility occurs? How to reduce body heat How is to increase sperm liquid viscosity Bcz everyone says If liquid viscosity is thick. Easily getting conceived.
I am getting delayed in my period (over 10 days) since the time I took medicine for UTI infection .please suggest me the possible reason and is it fine or should I consult gyno.
Hello, im trying to conceive, and my cycle will around 26,27,28 days and regular, I heard about folic acid tablets for trying to pregnant, is it true, and which tablets to take.
Did you know that you spend 1/3rd of your life sleeping? Sleep allows your body to repair and detoxify itself after a hard day’s work. When you’re sleeping, a plethora of activities take place in your body, which are essential for your physical, emotional and mental well-being. Read on to find out what happens to your different body parts after you’ve drifted off…
Even though activity in the brain’s cortex (the outer part of the brain) falls by about 40% in the first few stages of sleep, your brain still continues to remain extremely active; especially in the final stage. During the REM phase your brain activity increases with your blood flow rising considerably in those areas of the brain that are responsible for processing emotional experiences and memories.
Like the brain, even the eyes are active when you’re asleep and the movement of your eyes is indicative of the different stages of sleep. REM (rapid eye movement) sleep denotes deep sleep and occurs in the first 90 minutes of falling asleep (which is dreamless sleep). On the other hand, NREM sleep (non-rapid eye movement) is when you’re dreaming and your sleep quality is rather poor in comparison. This takes place during the later part of your sleep.
Your immune system is also hard at work during sleep. It increases the production of certain kinds of proteins that help the body to fight against infections. Poor sleep can cause the body’s immune system to weaken, making you vulnerable to chronic infections.
During sleep, your body’s temperature goes down as there’s a slowing down of the body’s metabolic rate, leading to burning of fewer calories. Additionally, a low body temperature is essential for allowing your body to rest and repair.
During the day, your skin experiences sun damage and is in the continuous process of shedding away dead skin cells. To repair the damage caused by external factors as well as loss through shedding, is why the metabolic rate of your skin is at its peak when you’re sleeping. It is at this time when your cells witness increased production and a reduced breakdown of protein, which helps in repairing your skin and keeping it young and healthy.
The mouth is also a place of decreased activity when you sleep. When you sleep, your saliva production sees a drop, leading to the common morning condition of a dry mouth. During the day this is not so as saliva is constantly produced to keep your mouth hydrated.
During sleep your body changes its position about 35 times, but despite the changes, the muscles of the body are always in a relaxed state. This enables the tissues to restore and repair themselves.
Since your body’s requirement for energy is low during sleep time, the pace of activity in the digestive system notices a slowdown. The body’s inactive state prevents stomach acids and enzymes from turning the food into energy.
While hormone levels of corticosteroids (stress hormone) and adrenaline fall during sleep, there’s an increase in your body’s production of the growth hormone (which promotes the maintenance, growth and repair of your bones and muscles). The hormone melatonin, which is responsible for the sleep-wake cycle, rises during sleep as well. Additionally, sex, fertility and hair follicle stimulating hormones are secreted more during sleep.
Your heart rate decreases by 10 to 30 beats per minute when you’re asleep, which causes a decline in your blood pressure as well. Your blood is responsible for the disposal of toxins from your body. During rest, there’s a decrease in the breakdown of tissues and cells, which allows the body to repair them. Furthermore, during the state of sleep, your blood tends to flow from the brain causing your arteries to expand and your limbs to become bigger.
Dear sir / madam I'm a normal working girl attaining 28 years and I got pregnant due to unprotected sex with my boyfriend. When I talk regarding my pregnancy with him he start to ignore me n shouting on me. And finally refuse to marry me. Now I am helpless n I want to abort it. But I am very much afraid of facing doctor right now feeling very shy and guilty. Afraid of the society afraid of everybody. So I just need a help to abort my 4 weeks pregnancy without visiting to a hospital. Please help me.
In this generation by using more phones or laptop that is also one of the reason for not getting pregnant?
Hi, I am 30 year old. Meri wife ka endometrial 4.3 hain toh Dr. ne kaha is wajah Se woh conceive nahi kar paa rahi hain baaki uski fallopine tube aur ovary bhi normal hain hsg test bhi hua egg bhi rapture ho raha hain sirf endometrial 4.3 kam hone ke Karan who conceive nahi kar paa rahi hair. please suggest something.
“Health is Wealth”, this is a proverb that all of us have been acquainted with ever since childhood, but not many of us pay it the importance that it deserves. One of the best ways to keep your health, in the form it should be kept by opting for power foods and topping that list of the most effective power foods is the Indian Gooseberry (Amla).
Why Indian Gooseberry?
Amla has been recognised as the powerhouse of variety of nutrients, all of which are geared towards aiding and nurturing one or the other part of your body. Amla or the Indian Gooseberry is an important part of Ayurveda medicine as well and is prescribed by all the Ayurvedic specialists either in the form of medicine or as a part of their patient’s daily diet. Some of the many different
- Combats cough and flu: According to Ayurvedic specialists, Amla is a brilliant cure for a general cough and flu. Mixing two teaspoons of the amla juice with two teaspoons of honey and consuming it on a regular basis can help with curing cough and cold in a shorter span of time compared to any other medication.
- Is a great cure for anti ageing: Amla is referred to as a super fruit that helps with controlling ageing. The fact that it owns a high content of antioxidants allows it to reduce the chances of cell damage. It is also useful in fighting the different side effects of the free radicals also assists it in withholding signs of ageing.
- Works against heart diseases: Consumption of high cholesterol food leads to high cholesterol level in your blood. The floating of cholesterol on the blood leads to the blockage of crucial arteries and veins, leading to a number of cardiac diseases. It halts the building of bad cholesterol in the blood vessels and thus reduces the chances of a heart attack. Not only does it serve the above-mentioned functions but also stops the heart from thickening or clogging.
- Works towards reducing blood sugar: Fruits that are generally high in polyphenol are able to help the body combat the ill effects of high blood sugar. Since Indian Gooseberry has a high content of polyphenol, it helps diabetic patients in better absorption of insulin, thus helping in the reduction of blood sugar levels.
- Treats ulcer: Amla is recognised to have very high antibacterial properties which help it to prevent any kind of ulcer. The fact that amla is high in vitamin c also reduces the chance of mouth ulcers, which are often caused due to the deficiency of the same. Amla also assists in bringing down the acidity level in the body, which all in all eliminates any chance of ulcer creation in the body.
According to researchers and Ayurvedic medical experts, there is a whole list of other benefits that Indian gooseberries extend to us. Some of these other benefits include- immediate relief from constipation, influences hair growth, prevents lice, reduces pigmentation and gives a natural glow to the skin, cools the body down, improves eyesight and much, much more. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
I am 21 years old female, my periods are not regular, sometimes they just disappear for 7-8 months and I am not sexually active. What is it?
There are women who feel their looks are spoilt because of the presence of excessive body hair. While hair on women's body is common, excessive body hair isn't a normal condition and must be taken seriously. Women are generally unaware that the condition is known as Hirsutism.
What is Hirsutism?
Hirsutism can be defined as growth of excessive facial and body hair in women. With the world obsessed with flawless skin, such changes from feminine hair pattern (soft, fine, vellus hair) to masculine hair pattern (hard, dark, terminal hair) in a woman is generally unwelcoming and, hence, very distressing for the woman.
Why do some women develop Hirsutism?
In order to understand the reasons for such excessive growth in some women, it is important to understand the differences in the physiology of men and women. The male or female appearance of one's body is dependent on a delicate balance between male and female sex hormones. There is a predominance of the hormone estrogen in a woman's body, whereas androgens (testosterone) are the predominant sex hormones among men. However, some amount of androgens is secreted by the ovaries and adrenal glands (located next to kidneys) in women also. But, an excessive production of these hormones results in Hirsutism. Hormonal imbalance is by far the most common cause of Hirsutism.
Causes of Hirsutism
The common causes of hirsutism include:
1. Endocrine causes
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) - PCOS is a condition of hormonal imbalance in the body, which can result in an irregular menstrual cycle, enlarged ovaries with a cystic appearance on USG, infertility, obesity and hirsutism. For more information on the causes and management of PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome).
- Cushing's syndrome - Excessive production of hormone Cortisol by the adrenal glands can lead to symptoms such as high blood pressure, abdominal obesity, skin discoloration, muscle weakness, irregular menstruation, and hirsutism etc. This syndrome is known as Cushing's syndrome.
- Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia (CAH) - CAH is a condition of excessive production of hormones Androgens and Cortisol by the adrenal glands and generally manifests in childhood in the form of virilization. In such cases, CAH can present with symptoms such as ambiguous genitals, obesity, hypertension etc. However, sometimes the manifestation of CAH is deferred to early adulthood and results in milder symptoms, hirsutism being one of them.
2. Tumors - Tumors in ovary or adrenal glands can again cause hirsutism due to excessive production of androgens
- Long term steroid consumption (commonly used for immunosuppression, rheumatoid arthritis, and multiple sclerosis)
- Performance enhancing drugs (often used by athletes)
4. Idiopathic - The woman may be having hirsutism despite normal hormone levels
There are essentially two lines of treatment for hirsutism - one is medical management and the other is a cosmetic treatment.
Medical treatments for hirsutism -
1. Birth control pills - It's possible to reduce the severity and intensity of hair growth using birth control pills- the most commonly prescribed medical intervention! The birth control pills help by decreasing the production of androgens by ovaries. Besides this, estrogen present in the pills also helps the liver to produce more of sex hormone binding protein- these proteins bind to circulating androgens, thereby reducing their action on the body. Both these actions help in reducing the growth of hair on the body.
2. Anti-androgen medications - There are three categories of anti-androgen medications, which are commonly used for the treatment of hirsutism.
- Spironolactone - Spironolactone is a diuretic medicine, which blocks the effects of androgens on the hair follicles, thus controlling hair growth.
- Finasteride - Finasteride works by blocking the conversion of body testosterone into its more potent chemical entity, thereby limiting the effect of testosterone on hair growth.
- Flutamide - Flutamide is a potent anti-androgen, which blocks the actions of androgens and helps in controlling the hair growth.
However, we have to ensure that the woman is not pregnant when taking any of these three medications. These medicines are often combined with oral contraceptives, which also have a synergistic effect in reducing the severity of hirsutism. One should also seek an expert opinion before starting these medications as there can be serious side effects, especially on liver.
3. Steroids - Low dose dexamethasone can be used to control the overactive adrenal glands when used carefully. However, long-term steroid therapy has got its own side effects and this therapy should only be considered under expert care and guidance.
4. Insulin sensitizing medicines - Medicines such as Metformin and Pioglitazone (Basically these are anti-diabetic medications) help in reducing insulin resistance in the body, which, in turn, helps in controlling the effects of excessive circulating androgens.
Cosmetic treatment for hirsutism -
One very important aspect of cosmetic management of hirsutism is self-care. This can include shaving, waxing, use of depilators and bleaching creams. All these measures help to reduce the amount of visible hair in undesired parts of the body. But, this needs to be done very frequently for a sustained visible effect.
Permanent hair removal is also possible using electrolysis or LASER treatment. In electrolysis treatment, electric current is passed into the hair follicle using a needle, which damages the root of the hair permanently. Similarly, LASER treatment uses LASER to destroy the hair follicle. Both these are effective methods to get rid of the undesired hair. However, we do not yet know if there are any long-term complications or side effects of these methods and these methods are not yet approved by the US FDA. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.