Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Rani BatiYour feedback matters!
I have delayed periods problem. I'm not having periods for last two months. Does any home remedies to treat this problem? And please tell me about the symptoms of thyroid.
The inability to conceive after indulging in unprotected sex is known as infertility. It can also be referred to the biological incapability of a male to cause the conception or a woman being unable to carry the pregnancy for full-term. Research has shown that female problems contribute to over half of all the infertility cases while a majority of the other causes include sperm disorders.
Treatment of infertility depends on:
- Cause of Infertility
- Duration of Infertility
- Age of both partners
- Personal preferences
Causes of infertility in women include:
1. Ovulation disorders: This is regarded as the most common cause of infertility in women. The disorders can be caused due to the following
- Premature ovarian failure
- PCOS (polycystic ovary syndrome)
- Poor egg quality
- Overactive or Underactive thyroid gland
- Chronic conditions like cancer or AIDS.
2. Problems in fallopian tubes or uterus: Abnormalities in the uterus or fallopian tubes render the woman incapable of conceiving naturally. This might be due to:
- Submucosal fibroids
- Previous sterilization treatment
3. Medications: There is a possibility that treatment will cure infertility. Examples include NSAIDs (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs), Chemotherapy and Radiotherapy. Treatment of infertility might involve a significant amount of psychological, physical, temporal and financial commitments. In men, treatment is done to treat lack of healthy sperm or general sexual problems. The treatments include:
- Change in lifestyle
- Sperm retrieval
Even though it is possible to restore fertility in women using only one or two therapies, a number of treatments might be required before conception is possible. Some of these treatments include:
- Intrauterine insemination (IUI)
- Stimulation of ovulation with fertility drugs
- Surgery to restore fertility
In situations where pregnancy does not happen spontaneously, Assisted Reproductive Technology (ART) can be used by couples to achieve pregnancy. It is a form of fertility treatment which involves the handling of sperm and egg. The entire ART team consists of psychologists, physicians, embryologists, nurses and lab technicians.
One common ART technique is In vitro fertilization (IVF). It is a process where an egg and sperms are manually combined in a laboratory dish, followed by transfer of embryo to the uterus. Some aspects involved in an IVF cycle are:
- Intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI)
- Assisted hatching
- Donor eggs or sperm
- Gestational carrier
Some complications that may occur during the treatment of infertility are:
- Multiple pregnancy
- Ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome (OHSS)
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist and ask a free question.
I am having stomach pain since 3 days. Also having this white fluid coming out of my vagina. Is it something to worry about?
Iam 6 month pregnant and i am suffering from serious pain in my left side chest n hand n back plzz suggest me something soon.
I am a 22 years old female. I have missed my menstrual cycle since two months. I am so worried. Never had sex. I have thyroid .Can you suggest me what to do?
Hi doc I am 27 years old I am 8 weeks pregnant. My problem is so much vomiting. My mouth taste are always very bad I know it is normal but is with the help of any home remedy I can get some relief not want to take medicine like emset doxitant. Thanks.
2) You should get motion (natural call) immediately after you wake up.
3) You should get optimum evacuation of your bowel - once, in early morning. This is the proper period for motion.
I got chicken pox infection from today? Suffering from mild fever. Pls clarify me some doubts 1) Is this disease dangerous for adults? 2) How many days the symptoms will continue 3) I heard I could not bath at the time of infection period is this true? 4) what kind of diet can I take this period?
Hi. We have completed IUI procedure very successfully and the result is positive. I would request you that which is good and which food to be avoided. Pls suggest.
I am 25 years old. Every month when menses comes. Its ache my stomach. Some time its unbearable. Some time I do vomiting in periods. When I have done with vomit. My pain is totally vanish. Please provide me some solution for get rid of this abdomen pain in period.
Ginger juice. 1 cup
Garlic juice 1 cup
Apple cider vinegar 1 cup
Lemon juice 1 cup
Take a pan and mix all juices in it. Boiled it until it remains 1 cup. Now enjoy this drink daily early morning empty stomach 1 teaspoon with honey. After 2 months you will see removal of stone.
What are the symptoms of pcod. Is it impossible to conceive if some one hv polycystic ovarian syndrome?
Hi I am taking Novelon 21 day pill from june. Missed second last doubled with the last, break of 6 days from 2-7 july. Menses from 5-7july. New pack from 8th july. Protected intercourse but condom used thrice on 9th july (first timw intercourse) Next fully protected on 14th july (last intercourse) Missed 21st july pill doubled 22nd july night. Light bleeding on 22nd july morning (breakthrough bleed or implantation bleed?) Pill ended on 28th july menses from 1-6 aug. Negative hpt at 4,5,6,7,8,11,12 weeks all negative hpt done with first morning urine with different brands. No pills or intercourse after 1-6aug. Periods due on 1st sept as it dint came did a usg and hcg beta on 8th sept (10 weeks from first and 9 weeks from last intercourse) Hcg was 0.11 and usg shows pcod (no mention of pregnancy) Dr. Prescribed deviry 2 tab for 5 days for withdrawal bleed. But after taking just a single dose bleeding started from 11-16th sept. It was heavy. On 21st sept morning when I woke up I can feel my pelvic bone in the front (can it be due to exercises like crunches leg rise etc with weight loss? I was 72 in july 70 in aug and now I am almost 68 kgs) and after continuous touching I made it hurt. Scared went for usg on 21st sept (12 weeks ftom first and 11 weeks from lasr intercourse) Usg only showed bulky ovaries with pcod. I asked him if my uterus was normal he said its absolutely normal. Usg was transabdominal Have taken an hpt with first morning urine at almost 12 weeks 6 days. And its negative. Can their still be risk of pregnancy? My menses was due on 11th october and it is now delayed by 9 days I did not have any intercourse after 14th july. Is their any risk of pregnancy? Do I need to redo hpt or BHCG test? Can BHCG be wrong after 2 months and was 11-16sept my natural period? M having shortness of breath too. Moreover have done hpt with first morning urine with two different brand both says negative. It is 16 weeks from intercourse. Can their still be any slight risk of pregnancy as I dnt want to get pregnant right now! Is my delayed period is juz bcz of pcod. And I should not be worried about pregnancy?
When pregnant or breastfeeding, a woman's water requirements are higher than usual and that is why water is needed to form amniotic fluid that surrounds the baby, support the increase in blood plasma volume and produce breast milk.
Hence being well hydrated may help alleviate some pregnancy related conditions.
To help understand the importance of hydration for pregnancy health, emma derbyshire, author of" nutrition in the childbearing years, has provided essential tips for hydration in pregnancy.
1. Water is an excellent beverage choice for mums-to-be. It is natural and helps women to rehydrate without consuming calories and sugars.
2. Women should increase their total water intake by an extra 300ml/day during pregnancy and 700ml/day during breastfeeding.
3. Make water the first choice when it comes to hydration.
4. Water-rich foods such as soups, stews, yoghurts, fruits and vegetables can help top up total water intake.
5. Pregnant women should take frequent small drinks, particularly after the birth of their child when they are busy looking after their new baby.
6. Women breastfeeding should make sure that they are getting enough fluids - try to remember to keep a glass of water on hand when you sit down to feed your baby.
7. Women should reduce their intake of caffeinated and alcoholic beverages
Flawless skin is becoming a thing of the past. Skin problems like acne, pimples, freckles, fine lines and wrinkles, to name a few are on a mercurial rise. Many find their skin to be losing its radiance at an alarming rate.
Water is one of the most important components that help in the process of digestion, blood circulation, mineral absorption and can have positive impact on your skin. Dehydration can take a toll on your skin, leaving it dry and lifeless. In order to ensure the health of your skin, it is highly recommended to keep your system hydrated. Following are the benefits of water:
- Moisturizes dry skin and lessens the appearance of wrinkles: Insufficient intake of water makes your skin appear dry and flaky; such a skin is more prone to wrinkling. When you drink sufficient water your skin cells hydrate from within. Hydrated skin is resilient in nature and therefore, it has less chance of suffering from premature wrinkling.
- Makes your skin appear younger: It is advised to drink minimum 8 glasses of water a day to keep your body hydrated. The condition of your health can be analyzed from the condition of your skin, as a body that is hydrated well, makes your skin appear healthy too.
- Get rid of dark circles: The problem of dark circles arises over the years due to the damage of the capillaries under the eyes. The skin around the eyes is thinner than facial skin, which hinders the smooth flow of fluid through them. Plenty intake of water on a regular basis can reduce the appearance of dark circles dramatically, making your skin appear healthy.
- Keeps skin soft: Skin is made up of 3 layers namely, epidermis, dermis and subcutaneous tissue. When the water content of the outermost layer of the epidermis is insufficient, your skin tends to lose elasticity and feel rough. Intake of adequate water hydrates the skin cells and makes them function properly, making your skin soft and supple.
- Improves skin tone: Water is known for its abilities to flush out toxins from your system and for maintaining the proper functioning of your kidneys. Sufficient intake of water ensures that harmful toxins and impurities are regularly flushed out of your system, thereby, adding a healthy glow to your skin.
My wife is 6 week pregnant And I can't control to do sex. But I do intercourse in side by side sleeping and doing slowly with softness. Is that any problem with her pregnancy or baby I am worried!
Since morning I am having bleeding from vagina, my menstrual cycle got over 6 days back, I had take 2 contraceptive pills this month, please help me with what or what not to do to get rid off this?
Hi. I had used pregout kit in march and again I used it in this month i. E. May. Is it safe if I use it two times. Is birth control loop safe. Are there any sideeffects. Please clarify me.
Increasing amounts of research are demonstrating the importance of an active lifestyle. Unfortunately, common myths would have us believe that as we age, our bodies become less able to fulfill the active lifestyle that we would want. While there are many examples of unique individuals who are yoga teachers, weight lifters, marathon runners and athletes well into their older age, they are often presented to us in the media as unusual examples that are all but attainable.
Nothing could be further from the truth, however. We are all designed to have the ability to live an active lifestyle for most if not all of our lives. This may not mean being extreme athletes for most of us, but being active doesn?t have to mean spending all of your free time at the gym or dieting. Some people do suffer from chronic health conditions as they are, and this should of course be taken into consideration when choosing an exercise routine that is adapted to those conditions.
Choosing the Right Active Lifestyle
Living an active lifestyle doesn?t have to mean signing up for the gym or a triathlon if you have arthritis, nor does it have to mean being a weightlifter if you?ve got chronic pain. It is important to choose an activity lifestyle that fits with any conditions that come up as you age. Low impact sports like swimming, aquafitness, yoga and pilates can be excellent choices for an aging body that requires a gentle entry into a new active regime.
If you?ve never been a runner, it may not be wise to start signing up for a marathon, but you can start building with some walks around the block and eventually, start jogging part of the way and then maybe running. Cycling can be an excellent way to improve your health and activity levels without worrying about impact on the joints. You can ride a bike outside, or use the elliptical as a great, safe exercise tool.
Reducing Screen Time
Most individuals in today?s society spend the majority of their time in front of a screen. Not only is this detrimental to our social connections, but it promotes a sedentary lifestyle. If you have a physical job, then it may be that in your off time you spend a large amount of time watching television, movies, or even playing video games.
There are now options in the marketplace to make screen time overlap easily with activity time, such as stationary machines that can be purchased for home, as well as video games like the Wii Fit by Nintendo that allows people to work activities in the comfort of their home. This can be especially great for winter time, but it?s not necessary to spend a lot of money getting active. There are many free resources Online that you can follow exercise instructors routines or design your own home workout to do with very little equipment and space. For example, sometimes all you need is a yoga mat and you can do squats, plants and push-ups in your living room!
Run Toward an Active Lifestyle
There are so many short term benefits to exercise, like increasing heart rate and production of endorphins, which improves mental and emotional health; moving the fluids through the body which improves circulation, as well as general muscle strength and flexibility. In addition to this, long term benefits to maintaining an active lifestyle also include reducing the risk of cancer, heart disease, Alzheimer?s, adult onset of diabetes, arthritis and osteoporosis. With so many reasons to stay active in life, how can one continue to avoid working out?
It?s important to start building activity into the lifestyle when we are young, so that as the body begins to age we are not playing catch-up with all our health conditions.
Dr surbhi agrawal
consultant physician, diabetologist and wellness expert