Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. RaneYour feedback matters!
Hi, I am not sure if my blood flow is period or spotting, I am sexually active and my thyroid levels are 3.34 last checked in december, I also suffer from eating disorder and currently going thorough a lot of stress. What are the chances of me being pregnant, I have taken two pregnancy test both were invalid.
Doctor I am 19 years old student I had abort pregnancy twice last year, first with meditation abortion and second through surgical method. Now I am one month pregnant for the third time my last periods was at 18 January 2016. Is third abortion save for me and my future pregnancy. What should I do doctor please help me?
I have delivered my second child in September 2016 with C- section but have gained a lot of weight now almost 8 kgs more than that I had before conception. I have stopped lactation and now want to loose weight. I had PCOS before conception.
I have been prescribed xenical 120 mg by my endocrinologist but my period is irregular from last month. Is there a relation between xenical and irregular period. I have also been diagnosed with pcod. Kindly help.
My wife using today contraceptive pill from last 6 years. Please tell if there is any side effects. If yes please tell any other alternatives just like today's.which has no side effects .Because today gives natural feel.
I am an engineering student in VIT university. My basic problem is I am on more weight than it has to be for my height. I can reduce it by doing exercises or anything but the problem is I am thin on the upper part and fatty on the bottom. I hope you got me. Also my hip was somewhat wide but that was from my mother genes. So with this I looked like very thin feature from face, neck,hands, abdomen and from there it looks like an unmatched one. Is there any solution that I could get out of this because it does not look good when I wear series for any functions. Please do tell me.
Aloe vera is known as a miracle plant and rightly so, it has numerous hair, skin and health benefits. It has been used for treatments since the ancient times. Some of its benefits are:
1. Heals sunburns - aloe vera juice is considered a healing agent and is used to treat sunburns. The antioxidants and natural agents in it cool and soothe the burnt area, also helping in regenerating the skin of that area.
2. Treats acne - one widely used purpose of aloe vera is to treat pimples. Its healing and anti-inflammatory properties help reduce inflammation in the skin and aid new cell growth.
3. Tones & softens skin - aloe vera gel acts as a great skin moisturizer. It cools the skin and doesn't leave it greasy also. It is also beneficial if used on nicks and cuts during shaving.
4. Reverses ageing - aloe vera is known to smooth and improve the skin's natural firmness. So it is also used in anti-aging treatment.
It is said that aloe vera prevents hair loss and also strengthens hair when used as a conditioner. Aloe vera jelly can be pureed to a fine paste and then applied first to the roots of your hair and then on the length. Rinse after 10 minutes.
5. It detoxes - it is considered to be a good laxative and aids digestion. Drinking aloe vera juice is known aid detox.
6. Removes scars - rich in vitamins, minerals and various different nutrients, aloe vera is a natural supplement. It is used to treat scars since it softens the skin and promotes healing.
7. Aids weight loss - drinking the juice of aloe vera is advised to speed up metabolism and assists in maintaining body weight. It sheds extra fat from the body
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on'consult.
From lybrate: if you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over whatsapp, facebook and other media.
I have been smoking till today. I am 34 years and might be pregnant by mid of this month. What should I do to cut effects of smoking. Is it too late.
My blood test result showing hcg beta subunit below 1.2 want to confirm am I pregnennt or not? please response.
Good Morning Doctors, It's been 1 month now and still my period didn't came, I had gone to the hospital for checkup, but the doctor is repeating his words, that it's due to hormonal changes, or then hormones problem, I know this is a natural process, if I hadn't done anything wrong like sex, why is my period is giving me problems? I'm worried, and my mom is actually taking doubt on me, I swear I didn't do anything. Is there any medication for regular periods. Please help, because already m suffering from loads of tensions, anxiety, due to tension my head pains a lot. Please help me.
I take MTP in march 2011. Now i want a baby. I am trying for it from last 3 month but failed. Is it any side effect of MTP which i used in march 2011.
I am 24 years old, I am suffering from pcod from 3 years, my period is totally stopped, I get only spotting, my period flow is just 2 or 3 drops, I also suffering from hirthuism, I am not overweight, my weight is only 40 kg no numbers of my family have pcod how can I get a normal menstrual pad, I need no pad for 3 years, my period duration is just 1 or 2 second how can I get a normal period flow? I am in homeopathic treatment for 2 years but not get any result before homeopathic I also eat allopathic medicine 1 year, now my endometrium lining is gradually increasing, in 5 months ago my last USG report seen it measures 12 cm, is my problem is not curable? Now I think about marry, is pcod hampered my married? How can I get a normal period flow my prolactin level is high in two years ago my Brest was full of fluid doctor told me it is the result high prolactin label, please help me doctors.
Hi I'm 21 weeks pregnant and now I'm having cough I'm also having head ache and running nose due to it. I need to know is it safe to use Vicks vapour now. Will it effect my baby if I apply it over my nose and inhale it. Some one please help me. If possible please suggest me what could I do so that I could get rid of cough.
I am 22 years old and I am having scanty periods since 3 years I have low estrogen levels and thin uretus lining 5.1 mm .earlier I took Ayurvedic medicine like ashokarista but no effect .my doctor prescribed me for novelon tablets for 2 months and now for progynova 2 mg for 15 days alone and then 5 days with progesterone tablets .after using 1 month I am having Breast and stomach pain .what I should do? Any safe medicine? Or I should continue these?
Ragi has always been known as a highly nutritious foodgrain, rich in calcium. You might notice the power of ragi when you visit the maharashtrian countryside. Known colloquially as'nachni, a staple diet of these'naachni bhaakris' and'pitla' has been the main reason behind generations of lean yet robust kids.
Finger millet is the english equivalent of ragi. Also, predominantly, used in south india, it is also a rich source of protein, fiber, iron and other minerals.
It is more nutritious than other cereals and has a host of health benefits.
1. Weight loss
Ragi is very high on fiber. Hence, it digests slowly, keeping you full for a longer time and helps you avoid excessive food consumption. This helps you shed kilos and keeps you fit.
The high fiber in ragi helps to clear bowels smoothly everyday and prevents constipation.
Due to its slow digestion rate, ragi helps lower blood sugar levels. Hence, diabetics can enjoy ragi rotis/pancakes without the fear of affecting their sugar levels.
3. Bone strength
Ragi is very rich in calcium. It can be easily substituted for milk (in case of lactose intolerance) to get your daily calcium dose. You can also have ragi flour kanji as a great source of calcium. Ragi porridge can be given to growing children for bone development and to elders to avoid osteoporosis.
4. Gluten free
Ragi is free of gluten which is found in wheat and its products. Hence ragi can be easily taken by gluten sensitive people.
5. Cholesterol control
Highly fibrous, ragi helps control and lower bad cholesterol levels.
Ragi is also rich in iron and hence can be beneficial for people with anemia.
Ragi mixed with milk works wonders for infants. For the elder kids, naachni khakrashighlight the health-conscious man's snack section during tea breaks. There is a huge list of south indian dishes which feature several ragi permutations and combinations (eg. Ragi idlis, ragi dosas, ragi rasam, etc.)
All in all, in the company of ragi, you have no choice but to stay healthy!
I just recently discovered cunnilingus, pls tell is it safe sex, what precautions do we take before doing it.
In this new age 'Weight Gain' is the most dreaded phrase when people left and right are obsessed with losing weight by any and every means possible, to look good and achieve an attractive personality.
Let me start with a ridiculous point, weight is NOT equal to fat (a misconception I've observed in my patients). A human's body weight consists of his/her ENTIRE body weight, including weight of internal organs like heart brain etc, bones, water content and MUSCLES
In this series of sections on Weight gain - We will Focus on Food and Healthy Diet to complement Muscle Building.
Eating nutrition-rich food increases the protein intake which not only improves the immune system but also helps in fast recovery from illness.
Here are some foods that you can include in your diet to increase the nutrition content and gain muscles.
We all have heard that nonvegetarian food is a great source of protein. That, while true, is half information. as a majority of Indians are vegetarians, I would like to share vegetarian foods which are as good protein sources as non-vegetarian food
- Paneer - Its full of protein and good carbs. Paneer contains high amounts of casein that builds muscle mass while providing your body with its daily intake of protein. It also contains high amounts of calcium that helps you build stronger bones.
- Peanut butter - Just two spoons of the butter can have you set you for the day with 8gms of protein that keeps muscle breakdown at bay.
- Almonds - They contain more protein than an egg and are also a great source of Vitamin B2 that produces oxygen-based energy in the body and Vitamin E that ensures supple skin.
- Soy milk - This is a good source of protein for those who suffer from lactose intolerance or dislike dairy milk. A glass of soy milk contains 6 to 10 gms of protein which is enough to give you a protein boost and jump start your day.
- Kidney beans - A single helping of kidney beans has 13 to15 grams of protein and is a great replacement for meat since it can provide ample protein to the body that promotes healthy skin and hair.
- Quinoa - 8g per 1 cup (cooked) Pronounced KEEN-WAH, this wonder grain is not only high in protein but also low in cholesterol and a good source of iron and fiber.
- Pumpkin Seeds - 7g per 1 oz. Also known as pepitas, pumpkin seeds are a great grab-and-go snack or topping for salads and soups.
- Dried Beans - 12g per 1 cup (black beans).Dried black beans, kidney beans, lentils, chickpeas, and pinto beans are all delicious choices for low-fat, fiber-filled protein. Using dried beans allows you to control the sodium and additives that go into the dish.
- Greek Yogurt - 15g per 6-oz container. Greek yogurt packs as much as double the protein as regular yogurt. It's also thick, filling, tart, and less sweet than some regular varieties, all while staying in the low-calorie range.
Eat more Healthy fats from raw nuts, olive oil, fish oils, flax seeds, whole milk dairy, or avocados fruits and vegetables ideally fresh, the more colorful the better; whole fruit rather than juices high-fiber cereals and breads made from whole grains or legumes fish and shellfish, organic, free-range chicken or turkey high-quality protein such as eggs, beans, milk, cheese, and unsweetened yogurt
Focus on high-fiber complex carbohydrates also known as slow-release carbs. They are digested more slowly, thus preventing your body from producing too much insulin.
Trans fats from partially hydrogenated or deep-fried foods packaged and fast foods, especially those high in sugar, baked goods, sweets, chips, desserts white bread, sugary cereals, refined pastas or rice processed meat and red meat from animals fed with antibiotics, growth hormones, and GMO feed low-fat products that have replaced fat with added sugar, such as fat-free yogurt
Carbohydrates have a big impact on your blood sugar levels more so than fats and proteins so you need to be smart about what types of carbs you eat. Limit refined carbohydrates like white bread, pasta, and rice, as well as soda, candy, packaged meals, and snack foods.