Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Ramesh V RelanYour feedback matters!
I got very light period for 2-3 days. After that continuously facing yellow discharge. It happened with me (light period) once but got proper period by sysron NCR tablet. Now its happening again. Is it my period (light period) or I should wait for proper period?
My friend is 21 years female and she is having a problem of white discharge for more than 7 years. Will she have any problem in pregnancy?
Hey. I am 20 years old. 10th jan afternoon I had sex with my gf. Nd I guess on 2nd tym may be sperm touched vagina. I had used condoms also. Her periods was from 2 to 6 or 7. Is their any chance of pregnancy?
See your doctor for a pre-pregnancy checkup. Don't forget to ask about things like family medical history, risk of birth defects, genetic conditions, and chronic illnesses. Discuss all the medications you take and make sure they're safe during pregnancy.
In addition to eating a healthy diet (lots of leafy greens, lean proteins, and fiber), boost your nutrients with a multivitamin specially formulated for pregnancy -- usually called a prenatal vitamin. It's particularly important to get sufficient folic acid before getting pregnant. This nutrient helps prevent birth defects like spina bifida; because many of these conditions arise very early in pregnancy, you need healthy levels of folic acid right from the start. Look for a multivitamin that contains 400 micrograms of folic acid. Ask your doctor or midwife to recommend a vitamin for you.
If you smoke, quit. Smoking poses a host of risks to a developing baby, including birth defects and low birth weight. It also doubles your risk of having an ectopic pregnancy. You may also find it more difficult to become pregnant in the first place if you smoke, as smoking is strongly linked with infertility in both women and men.
Get checked for hepatitis b and c, sexually transmitted infections, and hiv.
Get any health problems -- like diabetes and high blood pressure -- under control. If you are seriously overweight, talk to your doctor about how to maintain a healthy weight.
Me and my girlfriend were physically contacted. But we did not have sex but I fingered her I do not know weather the precum was on mu finger or not. Before 8 or 9 days, now she is discharging liquid and today she noticed that some light yellow and curd type liquid is flowing. Is it pregnancy?
I am suffering from PCOD and taking medicine" medical" since august but still this prob is with me. I am trying to conceive, what to do to get rid of PCOD?
What is the right time to start ovaa should tablet .I mean do in need to start taking it while my periods or any particular day I should start . For example I should start having it on my 3rd day of period .please guide me .
The diagnosis of menopause is made after periods have stopped for at least 1 year after the age of 40 due to reducing ovarian activity.The age span can vary between 45 to 55 and the median age is 52 years.Menopause occurring before the age of 40 is premature and one needs to consult a Gynaecologist.
The time span for several months to several years leading to menopause is called perimenopause.The periods during this time may become irregular and the patient may experience hot flushes, night sweats, anxiety, mood swings etc; 30-60% of women may experience emotional symptoms at this time. The major symptoms include:
- Hot Flushes and Night seats
- Vaginal dryness
- Tiredness and sleep disturbances
- Mood swings and lack of concentration
- Loss of interest in having sex
Every woman experiences menopause differently. A few will have a combination of different mild symptoms while others will have more severe symptoms.Some women choose to go through menopause without any treatment whereas others prefer to have hormonal or non-hormonal medications to help control their symptoms.
However it is important to consult a Gynaecologist as irregular periods and other symptoms may be due to other pathologies and may need investigating.
A healthy lifestyle is very important during this time to maintain good bone health and general health.Regular aerobic exercises like swimming, jogging, brisk walking and in general maintaining an active lifestyle and maintaining an optimal body mass index is very important and helps in preventing osteoporosis, heart disease etc;
- Low-intensity exercises such as yoga may help to reduce hot flushes and boost general well-being.
- Reducing intake of tea/coffee/ caffeinated drinks will help reduce hot flushes and night sweats.
- Vaginal lubricants and moisturisers help in reducing vaginal dryness during intercourse.
- Also equally important is having a diet rich in Calcium, proteins and low in fat and refined carbohydrates like sweets and junk foods.
- Soya-based foods like soya beans, chickpeas, peas are rich is phytoestrogens nad may help in reducing perimenopausal/ menopausal symptoms.
- Getting an annual health check up done helps in identifying risks earlier and taking appropriate actions earlier on.
- Women should have regular PAP smears, BP check, Mammograms, Lipid profile done and other tests if clinically indicated.
Finally, it is best to consult a Gynaecologist if a woman is having any perimenopausal or menopausal symptoms so that appropriate treatment can be instituted.
Hello I have been married for a year and we are trying for a baby for almost 6 months, so from last 1 month I am having backache and m having a feeling of heart beat in my lower right abdomen , what is the reason for this ?
Hello. I am 24 years old. I got my 1st period when I was 14 years old. And ever since there has been Some or the other problem with my periods. They wer irregular for almost 6-7 years. I used to get them once 2-3 months. I was a little over weight as well. However since last one year I started doing yoga. Walking and had a great healthy diet due to which without Any medicines my periods became super regular, in August 2015 I had a blood test to check vit D B12 and thyroid. Thyroid was negative. There was vitamin deficiency for which I took medicines. Again in Sept 2015 I had a blinding pain in my lower abdomen and went for a complete lower abdomen scan. The scan showed everything is normal. Uterus is normal. But the ovaries showed some cysts. The doctor said they are polycystic appearing ovaries. And after september for almost 9 months my periods were regular but they became scanty. Lasting only 3 days instead of 5 and less bleeding. Since the last 2 months (I left yoga) I started having the same problem again. My periods are irregular and I don't get them. I went to the gynecologist last month she told me I am still over weight by 5 kgs and pcos has only one treatment which is maintaining a healthy life style. She gave me a tablet and told me to take it if I don't get my period by the end of the month. I took the tablet. I did bleed but it was very very less. Just in 2 days and the blood was not red. I had brown discharge and brownish bleeding. This month again I don't get my period. It's really irritating now. I am otherwise very healthy. I don't take stress. I don't drink I never smoke then why is this happening? Also off late I have started to experience dryness and itching in vaginal area. Weakness in arms. Back pain and sometimes pain in my left breast which goes away on its own. I was going through the internet and found out that sometimes menopause is also the reason. I really feel I am also getting menopause at this age. Why else there would be so much problem in the functioning of my period cycle? So could any doctor confirm whether this is menopause? If yes what should I do? What is a permanent solution to this problem? It's really irritating now! Thank you.
If a girl had a sex with his boyfriend 2 days before and did not get periods then what should that girl do?
She is having periods. But her stomach is continuously paining. I gave "Meftal - spas" But still she is not normal. What should I do now? I'm very scared.
I was unmarried 22 years old. From last week my vagina upper portion i. E clitoris and nearer area is itching a lot from last week. please suggest some home remedies to cure this.
I am a 50 years old lady and having regular menstrual cycle of 30 or 32 days but heavy bleeding white discharge throughout other than the cycle period hemoglobin was low around 8.5 in October and also having anxiety sinus prob and digestion every two three months pre or post menstrual symptoms changes I don't know whether it is related or not but blood pressure fluctuation 70/90 is my normal pressure but last two months it touched 92/138 then it falls down to the normal one this month again it has gone high after two days after my periods back pain and fatigue also.
I'm 8 weeks pregnant. Is that necessary to take progesterone soft gelatin capsule- naturogest 200 mg tablet everyday? Y it is been given. I took already 18 tablets. Shall I continue or drop it. Taking naturogest tab every morning after breakfast. Hair fall started after taking it.
I had sex in February and had my period in march and April but this month may I am 22 days late am I pregnant?
A number of factors, such as physical ailments, stress, anxiety and even relationship problems can cause sexual problems. Relationship concerns where intimacy and the culmination of the various phases of sexual activity from stimulation to excitement and peak, cannot be possible in a satisfactory manner. So what are the routine sexual problems recognised and treated as per Ayurveda? Read on to know more.
1. Erectile Dysfunction: This condition is also known as impotence and it usually occurs when male patients cannot muster up and retain an erection for long enough to enjoy sexual intercourse. This problem can be fixed with various herbs and condiments including Sanda Oil massage on the testicles and nearby areas in order to increase the blood flow. Also, one can have ginger, honey, drumsticks, milk and other such ingredients for better achievement and retention of an erection for a prolonged period of time during sexual intercourse.
Sanda oil is not available in its pure form and simple branding of this name is not useful. Sanda is a wild reptile, which was boiled in ancient times and fats taken out to make Sanda oil. This is not possible now a days. Instead various 'Tilas' (penis massage oils) prepared by valuable herbs and vegetable oils such as Sesame oil should be used. Tila using Mall (purified arsenic) and egg are also effective. Preparation and use should be as per instructions in classic Ayurveda. Tila is selected as per history, present condition and duration of specific problem
OTC or advertisement products are general products, which do not benefit all. Post application directions are also important otherwise there may be adverse effect of Tila application
2. Premature Ejaculation: Premature ejaculation is a condition when the male patient may face ejaculation as soon as the intercourse begins, or upon insertion. This happens in an unplanned way and is a sudden occurrence that usually puts a damper on the sexual mood and activity. In Ayurveda, there are various herbs including Ashwagandha and a variety of oil massages that can help in treating this problem.
3. Sexual Weakness: Sexual weakness is a condition when the female or male patient may not have the energy to go through with sexual intercourse and may even complain of pain during intercourse. This problem is especially common among women, and may be caused due to fatigue, stress or even low pelvic strength following childbirth or miscarriage. The best way to treat this issue is with the help of proper counselling and therapy that will help in introducing Yogic poses that can strengthen the pelvic area so as to have better sexual strength.
4. Infertility: This problem may be found in both men and women. Ashwagandha, Vasant Kusumakar Ras, Shilajit and Labub Kabir are some of the herbs and concoctions that can help in increasing virility and the chances of conception by creating better sperm quality and quantity, as well as more effective ovulation.
Most of the sexual problems in Ayurveda are recognised as factors that arise from stress and anxiety. These are recognised as temporary issues that can be fixed with the help of a proper routine of eating, resting and exercising, as well as a healthy diet where the patient stays away from smoking, excessive drinking as well as drug abuse. Before taking any herbal medicines, one will have to consult the doctor and find out about side effects for patients suffering from chronic ailments like diabetes, cardiovascular diseases and others.