Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Ramesh V RelanYour feedback matters!
I've already one baby everything is normal for both of us my endometrium measures around 11. 5 mm my egg size should be 2.8×2.3 any possibility is there to get pregnant.
I had excessively consumed crocin advance please help. What are the symptoms & what will it lead to.
I am 5 months pregnant. N I Hav random sugar level of 70 is it k. I had loose tools this morning n feel very tired.
No matter how much precaution or care you take, diseases are inevitable. With different diseases, a number of different mode of treatments are also available. Allopathy and homeopathy are the two most important and critical modes of treatment. Allopathic treatment administers the use of medicines (Antibiotics) and surgeries to treat a disease. Homeopathy, on the other hand, has a more natural and holistic approach. Be it serious or minor, homeopathic treatment is effective against all kinds of diseases. Homeopathy cannot cure a disease overnight. It tries to get to the root cause and the various factors (physical, mental and social) that influence a particular disease.
In case of allopathy or antibiotics, many diseases are dealt with at a very superficial level. The side effects of antibiotics are known to all. In some cases, the side effects can do your body more harm than the disease itself. Antibiotics often provide instant, but temporary relief.
The goodness of homeopathic treatment lies in the fact that it comes with zero or negligible side effects. Most of the homeopathic medicines are prepared from herbs. Homeopathic treatment, however, can be time consuming. A little wait for a sound health is not a bad deal at all. Almost all the homeopathic medicines are FDA approved and recognised. Thus the medicines can be taken without any doubt and hesitation. Of late, more and more people are choosing homeopathy over antibiotics. Some of the common diseases which are best treated with homeopathy are -
- Pulsatilla: Some people suffer from mood swings. They experience strong emotions and at times feel neglected and unwanted. Pulsatilla, commonly known as Windflower, helps to soothe a person immensely. The medicine is particularly helpful for women and children suffering from infections. Cough and cold can be frustrating and annoying. In some cases, the situation aggravates at night. The mucous appears to be thick, with a yellowish or greenish yellow colour. With Pulsatilla, cough and cold will be a thing of the past.
- Aconitum: Respiratory infections, ear infections, influenza, or sore throat can be quite unnerving. The associated symptoms include fever, difficulty in swallowing, a feeling of restlessness and extreme thirst. If not treated, the diseases can bring your life to a standstill. Under such circumstances, Aconitum comes as a blessing. Also known as Homeopathic Vitamin C, Aconitum is a very effective medicine against these infections.
- Belladonna: Belladonna is the best homeopathic medicine to deal with throbbing and excruciating ear pain. Also known as the Deadly nightshade, Belladonna is highly recommended for the other common infections as well. Some females experience cramps, nausea and motion sickness during menstruation. Belladonna provides great relief.
The benefits of homeopathy are accepted worldwide. If you want a permanent relief from diseases, homeopathy is all that you need.
Tips to get over tough times
Tough times are a part of our life, sometimes we are unable to handle it leading to us becoming slaves to a lot of negativity. There are a few things you can try to help tide over it.
* Firstly stop being in denial – accept the situation stop getting angry and bargaining for something better, accept and tell yourself “i want to face this ”and “i will do my best to deal with this”.
* What next? - calm down, think through and try to figure out what to do next? Start working on a solution for the issue rather than just focusing on the issue.
* Solution may not come to you immediately but at least start working towards it one step at a time.
* To find solutions we should put ourselves in a third person perspective. Finding solutions is a lot easier this way. Remember that every problem has a solution.
* Get help - do not shove away family, friends or any loved ones who are trying to help you. Seeking help does not make you weak. Try and discuss the issue with them to get an outsiders perspective. Since they are not a part of the problem they will be able to have 360 view of the issue and they may be able to help you better.
* Positivity is important - it may seem like a difficult task but try to focus on the positive things happening in your life. Try to surround yourself with positive people, and people who see the good in you.
* Don’t give up – never give way for negativity to seep into your life. Stop yourself from focusing on negative thoughts and emotions.
• Drugs/ alcohol - never look at drugs, alcohol, smoking or abuse of any kind as a solution for your problem, it only gives you a perception that things are fine, but the truth is, it only increases your problem.
* No blame game - do not blame yourself or others for the problem. Blaming will not solve your situation.
* Stay healthy- do not neglect your health. You need to be there for yourself too.
Finally remember this too shall pass.
Whenever we intimate their is a white discharge comes out and makes my husband feel irritated and our love making scene turns up into fighting. This is very depressing and I feel I dnt satisfy my husband.
Polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) is a medical condition related to a woman’s endocrine system. Generally, this disorder is characterised by an imbalance of the sex hormones (oestrogen and progesterone), which leads to the development of multiple small cysts in the ovaries. Symptoms of PCOS include acne, irregular menstrual cycle and depression to name a few.
The causes of PCOS have not been accurately identified so far, but researchers suggest that the following factors might contribute to the onset of the condition.
1. Increased amount of insulin secretion- Women suffering from insulin resistance may get PCOS as their body is not able to effectively use this insulin, which results in increased insulin secretion by the pancreas. This, in turn, triggers more androgen (male sex hormone) production in the ovaries, making it difficult for the ovaries to ovulate.
2. Lower inflammation levels- The white blood cells present in your body form resistance against infections through a response termed as inflammation. Women with lower inflammation levels are likelier to get PCOS as the decreased levels stimulate polycystic ovaries, thereby producing more androgens.
3. Genetic factor- If you have a family history of PCOS, it’s highly probable that you may also get it as the disease is linked with your genes.
How To Live with PCOS
PCOS comes with numerous side effects like acne, obesity, infertility, excessive facial or body hair among others. There are certain lifestyle changes, which you may consider to manage PCOS and minimise its side effects.
1. Change your diet - Opt for a low carbohydrate, low sugar diet to keep your insulin levels in control, as insulin is responsible for increasing the severity of PCOS symptoms.
2. Try to maintain an ideal body weight - Obesity is known for worsening insulin resistance, and you can prevent this by regularly keeping your weight in check. You can practice some easy at-home exercise to reduce weight besides having a balanced diet.
3. Get yourself checked regularly - Visit a doctor and get yourself checked regularly for potential health risks as PCOS is often associated with increased chances of diabetes, heart diseases, certain forms of cancer, hypertension, and high LDL (bad) cholesterol levels.
4. Join a support group - Joining a PCOS support group will help you cope with your emotional difficulties, while helping you to live a better life by cultivating an optimistic outlook.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
I am 40 years old. Thyroidectomy has done. Heavy bleeding in periods. Total duration is 10 days. This time I got spots again after 14 days. Now what to do?
Sir. Is there chance of getting sexually transmitted diseases after using condom. If yes ,how many days after the encounter will the symptoms start. Please reply sir.
I missed my period for this month. Home pregnancy test showed negative. Wat should I do to knw reason for missed period this is first time I missed. Worried.
Benefits of black sesame seeds
1. Anti-ageing properties: the chinese believe that the nutrients in black sesame seeds can help in postponing or reversing, certain age-related side effects. As per a study done by harvard university in 2010, black sesame seeds are rich in vitamin b and iron, and most people who have a vitamin b or iron deficiency show symptoms like hair turning gray, hearing loss and memory loss, all of which are the indicators of ageing.
2. Decreases the risk of cancer:
According to Dr. Ronald dephino, principal investigator, m. D. Anderson cancer centre, houston, the sesamin found in sesame seeds is found to protect the liver against the damage caused by free radicals in the body. Also, the seeds are rich in fiber, lignans (cell reinforcements) and phytosterol (phytochemicals), which can protect you against the development of colon cancer.
3. Relief for constipation and indigestion:
Dr. Amol ghosh from n. R. S. Hospial in kolkata, says, the black sesame seed can help in curing constipation due to the high fiber content and unsaturated fatty acid content. The oil found in the seed can lubricate your intestines, while the fiber in the seed helps in smooth bowel movements. These seeds also help in clearing up worms in your intestinal tract and improve the digestion process. grinding the seeds or soaking them overnight can help make the seeds more digestible.
4. Stabilizes your blood pressure:
Black sesame seeds are rich in magnesium that helps prevent hypertension. Polyunsaturated fats and the compound sesamin present in sesame oil are known to keep blood pressure levels in check.
5. For healthier bones:
According to Dr. Gargi sharma, nutritionist at aayna clinic in delhi, osteoporosis is a condition of fragile bones with an increased susceptibility to fracture. Bone mass tends to decrease after the age of 35, and bone loss occurs more rapidly in women after menopause. Black sesame seeds are abundant in calcium and zinc that your bones strong.
Dear sir/mam I want to knw my Girlfriend is period time was 8 may. That was miss she is pragnet this time. She feel Voimet, Chakkar, nd more weakness. We want solution pls tell me abt abortion or medicine for drop it.
My wife never agree for sex. When I ask her for the reasons she always say that she is never in a mood to do that. What should I do?
She is 34 years female and she have a baby of 2 years. She have problem of small size of right breast. Will you please suggest what should she do for this. Like therapy of surgery .or some medicine.
My last period date was 25th December 2016, I missed my period and got 2 home pregnancy test at 28 Jan. What are do's and dont for me.
Is there any change of pregnancy post withdrawal bleeding (bleed just 1 day) after having contraceptive pill.
Hello, please my menstrual is normally between 30-40 days but sometimes irregular or comes earlier. Had my last 4 periods at date as follows, Dec. 23, Jan 28, March 2 and April 11 Which all lasted 4 or 5 days. Now I had sex April 7 and took 2 emergency pills after 2 hours, and my period came 11 April and ended 15 in the morning. Now am feeling continues abdominal pain right after my menses but did not feel that during when I was menstruating. And today 16 April the bleeding is back. Please I'm I pregnant or what is it and what can I do. Thank you.
Male impotence, also known as erectile dysfunction, is a common condition that most frequently affects older men. Unless the problem is psychological, the inability to achieve or maintain an erection is due to insufficient blood supply to the penis, not a lack of sexual arousal. Herbs such as ginger may help. However, since impotence may signal a more serious disorder, including cardiovascular disease or diabetes, check with your doctor before pursuing self-treatment.
Kathi Keville and Peter Korn, authors of "Herbs for Health and Healing," contend that poor circulation may cause impotence in men because damaged or impaired blood vessels simply fail to fill with blood and expand. They also say that certain herbs, such as ginger, may help to increase dilation in blood vessels and improve circulation.
Aroma and Flavor
In his book, "Herbal Aphrodisiacs from Around the World," Clarence Meyer says that the same agents that lend ginger its medicinal properties are also responsible for stimulating arousal due to the warm, spicy scent and taste they impart. In fact, in Asian and Arabic cultures, the fragrance of ginger alone is regarded an aphrodisiac. Ginger is even referenced in the "Kama Sutra," the ancient Indian Hindu text dedicated to the art of giving and receiving sexual pleasure.
Ginger moxa is a therapy used in Chinese medicine to treat impotence that marries the properties of ginger with practice of moxibustion, a technique that involves burning selected herbs at various acupuncture points along the body. Usually, the herb of choice is mugwort, the leaves of which are rolled into a "moxa stick" much like a cigar. With ginger moxa, a thick slice of ginger becomes the insulation between the moxa stick and the skin. The ginger is pierced with a few small holes into which the moxa sticks are placed, and the sticks are allowed to burn down just far enough to produce perspiration and redness on the skin. The procedure is typically repeated several times in succession.