Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Ramesh V RelanYour feedback matters!
Polycystic ovarian disease (pcod) have multiple small cysts in their ovaries. These cysts occur when the regular changes of a normal menstrual cycle are disrupted. The ovary is enlarged; and produces excessive amounts of androgen and estrogenic hormones. This excess, along with the absence of ovulation, may cause infertility. Other names for pcod are polycystic ovarian syndrome (pcos) or the stein-leventhal syndrome.
Causes of pcod:
We don't really understand what causes pcod, though we do know that it has a significant hereditary component, and is often transmitted from mother to daughter. We also know that the characteristic polycystic ovary emerges when a state of an ovulation persists for a length of time. Patients with pco have persistently elevated levels of androgens and estrogens, which set up a vicious cycle. Obesity can aggravate pcod because fatty tissues are hormonally active and they produce estrogen which disrupts ovulation. Overactive adrenal glands can also produce excess androgens, and these may also contribute to pcod. These women also have insulin resistance (high levels of insulin in their blood, because their cells do not respond normally to insulin).
Weight loss diet for pcod
In case of pcod, carbohydrate loading is very important to improve insulin sensitivity.
Avoid high glycemic index foods
Include green leafy vegetables fruits
Not all fat is bad and healthy fats are essential for your pcos diet. Essential fatty acids are really important for maintaining the cell wall, which allows nutrients in, and toxins out. They are also vital for hormone balance, weight management and fertility. These healthy fats are found in nuts and seeds, oily fish, avocado and olive oil so be sure to incorporate those into your diet.
6. Adequate quantity of vitamin b and magnesium
Whilst diet is hugely important aspect to tackling pcos, we must not forget other lifestyle changes that will help to overcome pcos and it's symptoms.
Manage stress levels
Share the burden and get good support from your family and friends.
Look after yourself and pamper yourself. We need to reclaim our womanhood and femininity so a little bit of tlc is definitely in order.
There is no magical formula that's going to make us all better. However, by making these diet and lifestyle changes now, we can manage our symptoms and improve our health.
In case of any query or to book an appointment with dt. Silky mahajan please send us a mail at info@foodsandnutrition. In or call on 080 6741 7780 (dial extension: 778).
Hello doctor, I have swelling in uterus problem last five days I am 32 year old married woman what should I do please tell me doctor.
Hello Dr. I am 20 yr old and I hv gained 10-15 kgs from last 2 yrs. It bleeds only for 2 days in periods. I consulted a dr, she told me that there is some ovary problem. Is this a very serious issue? Will it affect my married life ahead or will I never become pregnant? please help me.
I have all test during pregnancy like blood sugar, chromosome analysis, karyotype, BP etc, but all test normal. I have not any problem like illness, BP, loose motion etc, during pregnancy. I have all right during pregnancy but in the seven month the Amniotic fluid found. Before seven month like 5 and half month I scan everything is all right but when I scan end of seven month Amniotic fluid found. I have go in PGI Chandigarh they are not found any reasons of this fluid. Please tell if I delivery before seven month it is safe for my child. I have already lost three child cause of Amniotic fluid. Please give me solution.
Hello sir. I am on my periods. First day bleeding only 2-3 drop next day in morning to evening bleeding is not so much but ok. But in night no bleeding. I have sex before 12 days with my husband. Take a unwanted72 pill after 48 hours. Is that any side effect of this pill. Or any chance of pregnancy?
I masturbated on my girl breast some sperms went near her pubic hair as she is virgin is their any chances of pregnancy.
Mujhe pcod ki problem hai mera weight or brest bahut jayada hai please mujhe mera diet chart btaye. Weight kam karne ke liye.
From last 2 years my periods is been irregular. When I take medicines it gets on time and whenever I stop taking medicines it again become irregular. please help.
Muje last month 3 feb ko period aayatha aj 10 mar hogyi abhi tk ni aya pregnancy result b negative h please help me kya kru jisse period aajye pain b h.
MY wife is 24 year old and she is pregnant from last 50 days ,she is assist. Professor in college ,her college is far away around 20 km from my home by a pack auto rekhshaw (chhakda). My Question is ok with going thru auto rickshaw (chhakda) due to many speed breaker come on road so please advise. Or leave the job?
The point of doing a workout is to put your body through the motions and phases before you hit an intense spot of persistent action before cooling down. This helps in giving your body a well balanced workout. But what many of us do not know is that a good workout schedule will also involve a well paced warm up session with exercises that will warm up the body and its various areas as well as the muscles so that the intensity does not hit the body suddenly and result in some sort of injury or undue fatigue.
So get it right with these eight warm up exercises that you aren't doing, but totally should!
- Dynamic: Follow a dynamic routine and mix it up a little with various kinds of movements that will work the different areas of the body. Start with squats and move on to lunges before you do a few skips to warm up!
- Jump: Try the jumping rope the next time you hit the gym and watch your heart rate go up just enough to get you all warm and loose and ready for that heavy duty work out. You can start with five minutes of this motion before moving on to your first set.
- Dance: Did you know that switching on your favourite music and shuffling your feet before you start to gyrate a little can actually get you in the right frame of mind for a workout? So next time, warm up with a little dancing!
- Balance: Warm up with a balancing act or two. Stand on one leg and do deadlifts with a dumbbell. Repeat the same motion for both arms. This helps in imitating the actual workout that you will be indulging in, which helps in warming up the relevant areas.
- Stretches: Try doing stretches and jumping jacks for stability and to work your core strength before you hit the gym equipment. This will bring about better blood circulation and help you get your heart ready for the work out.
- Swing: Use swinging movements with your arms and legs with circles and marches to help loosen up the muscles.
- Walk: Do animal walk with crab walks, frog jumps, bunny hops, inch worm motions and much more to unleash your energy.
- Medicine Balls: Grab some medicine balls and do a few moves like the rotational twist, the front body push, the reverse eight and many more to get your body pumped up.
Warming up is an important part of working out, so remember to get your warm up routine right!
Related Tip: "Why Iron Is the Most Underrated Factor in Health"