Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ramesh Pawar
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Ramesh PawarYour feedback matters!
Meri age 27 h height 5" 7 or weight 70 kg h. Mere apana glucose test karaya thi meri sugar level 170 h to Mujko kya Kar chahey kya homophatic treatment se Kuch time me thik ho jayegi ye Mujko life time tablet leni hogi. Or meri sugar bahut high h kya. Mere father 6 year phele expire ho gai h tab unki sugar ka pata chala tha but mene unko blood diya tha tab Mujko nahi thi. Meri mother ko bhi nahi thi to kya ye genetic h? Please advice
I am Bishwambar Das 42 years old. I am suffering diabetics from 3 years ago and take medicine regularly. What am I cure without medicine? Have any way without medicine?
Being a diabetic patient, how to improve the metabolic structure of body. My flesh all gone. What type of additional food I have to take to improve the metabolism. I want to become slightly fat look.
Are you one of those couples who has been diagnosed with infertility? Then you would know that it is impossible for people on the outside to understand the level of suffering and struggle you go through. You make desperate efforts to overcome the problem, but with technology advancements, there are procedures that can help deal with the condition effectually. IVF or In Vitro Fertilization is a medical fertilization process where an egg is combined or fertilized by a sperm outside of the living organism or the body or ‘in vitro’ environment.
In IVF, which is a kind of ART or Assisted Reproductive Technology, once the embryo or embryos are formed, they are transferred into the uterus. Since its invention, IVF has helped over millions of couples conceive and enjoy complete happiness.
To know more about how IVF can help people, continue reading.
- Couples can have a baby despite having Infertility issues: Whether a couple suffers from low sperm counts, any damage or issues with the fallopian tubes or the uterus, endometriosis, irregular ovulation or any other infertility problems, IVF still makes healthy and successful pregnancy possible. With having a reliable success record, the advanced technology of IVF is also safer.
- IVF boosts the chance of healthy pregnancy as well as a healthy baby: PGD or Pre-implantation Genetic Diagnosis being possible in IVF, it not only makes pregnancy possible but also ensures the health of the child. This diagnosis helps in identifying whether the embryo has any chromosomal deficiencies or not before it is implanted inside the uterus.
- IVF lets couples have more control over WHEN they want a baby: While to get pregnant naturally, couples have to try for years, IVF lets couples have more control over the time when they want a baby. Be it the gap between the two or more children or planning the birth of a child at a certain time or getting pregnant at the right time, IVF offers everything and makes it rather easy.
- IVF lets couples enjoy more options of having babies: When it comes down to having babies, IVF simply gives aspiring parents more options. From allowing women the chance to have children even after menopause, to storing of the sperm and eggs for future use, IVF helps people in materializing their dream of having children in every possible way.
- IVF also lets same-sex couples and single women to have babies: IVF has made it possible for single women and same-sex couples to have children of their own. Yes, it is IVF, which gives such people the opportunity to become parents with the help of donor sperms or donor eggs. Especially, for those who fail to acquire satisfactory results through IUI, IVF turns out to be the next best option for potential patients to fulfill their dream of becoming parents.
One must also remember that opting for IVF doesn’t always mean success as the ultimate accomplishment of this assisted reproductive technology depends on various factors, such as health and quality of the eggs, the fertility of the sperm and a healthy uterus that can carry the embryo successfully.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I am 66 years old male. Not having any family history of Sugar. 3 years back I have tested for Sugar and it was positive. Present Sugar level is fasting 121.
Hello sir, I am 26 years old and I am facing the problems of diabetes, please help me how can I get rid of it?
Diabetic neuropathy is a nerve disorder caused by diabetes. The high blood sugar from diabetes affects the nerves and over time increases a person's risk for nerve damage. Keeping blood sugar levels within the target range recommended by your doctor helps prevent diabetic neuropathy.
Types of Diabetic Neuropathy:
Diabetic neuropathy can be classified as Peripheral, Autonomic, Proximal, or Focal. Each affects different parts of the body in various ways...
- Peripheral neuropathy, the most common type of diabetic neuropathy, causes pain or loss of feeling in the toes, feet, legs, and hands.
- Autonomic neuropathy affects the nerves that control involuntary body functions such as digestion, bowel and bladder function, sexual response, and perspiration. It can also affect the nerves that serve the heart and control blood pressure, as well as nerves in the lungs and eyes. Autonomic neuropathy can also cause hypoglycemia unawareness, a condition in which people no longer experience the warning symptoms of low blood glucose levels.
- Proximal neuropathy causes pain in the thighs, hips, arms, or buttocks and leads to weakness in the legs and hands, resulting in difficulty in walking, standing, picking up objects, buttoning your clothes, etc.
- Focal neuropathy results in the sudden weakness of one nerve or a group of nerves, causing muscle weakness or pain. Any nerve in the body can be affected.
How Diabetes Causes Damage to the Nervous System?
There are several factors that are likely to contribute to nerve damage through diabetes...
- High blood glucose, a condition associated with diabetes, causes chemical changes in nerves. These changes impair the nerves' ability to transmit signals.
- High glucose levels affect many metabolic pathways in the nerves, leading to an accumulation of a sugar called sorbitol and depletion of a substance called myoinositol. These changes are the mechanism that causes nerve damage. Nitric oxide dilates blood vessels. In a person with diabetes, low levels of nitric oxide may lead to constriction of blood vessels supplying the nerve, contributing to nerve damage.
- Presence of mechanical injury like carpal tunnel syndrome in a diabetic patient worsens its symptoms and prognosis
- Inherited traits increase susceptibility to nerve disease
- Lifestyle factors, such as smoking or alcohol use
- Numbness, burning sensations, tingling, or pain in the toes, feet, legs, hands, arms, and fingers
- Either hypersensitivity to touch or insensitivity, even to hot and cold temperatures
- Weakness in muscles and loss of reflexes
- Indigestion, nausea, or vomiting
- Diarrhea or constipation
- Dizziness or faintness due to a drop in blood pressure after standing or sitting up
- problems with urination
- Changes in gait and balance
- Injuries that are taking longer to heal and are more prone to infections
Prevent Diabetic Nerve Damage:
Keeping your blood sugar levels in your target range, set with your doctor, may help prevent nerve damage from ever developing. The best way to do this is by checking your blood sugar and adjusting your treatment. It is also important to get to and stay at a healthy weight by exercising and eating healthy foods.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
What is insulin therapy?
Insulin is a hormone that is responsible for keeping the level of sugar in the blood under control. It is the primary therapy used for the treatment of any type of diabetes. The dependence on insulin depends on the balance between the actual production of insulin in the body and the resistance of the body cells to the insulin produced. People, who suffer from diabetes type 1, need insulin injections lifelong. The requirement for insulin therapy in people suffering from type 2 diabetes solely depends upon the declining function of the beta-cells over time.
What are the types of insulin available in the market?
The various types of insulin available in the market are:
- Rapid acting insulin: The onset of action in this type of insulin is rapid and it lasts for a short duration, about two hours.
- Short acting or regular insulin: The onset of action is moderate, and it starts acting within half an hour, and the duration of action ranges from 3 to 6 hours.
- Intermediate acting insulin: It takes about 2 to 4 hours for the onset of action of this type of insulin and the effect can remain for about 18 hours.
- Long acting insulin: The duration of action of this type of insulin can last up to about an entire day.
How is it taken?
Insulin injections can be self-injected using a syringe, a needle, a cartridge system, or a pre-filled pen system. Devices for inhaling insulin, quick-acting insulin and insulin pumps are also available at medical stores and pharmacies. Insulin is injected subcutaneously, into your muscles. Try to ensure that you inject around the same area every time, but choose a different spot to ensure less scarring. The best areas to inject insulin are thighs, buttocks, arms and belly. If you take regular insulin, it is advised to take it half an hour before a meal.
What are the possible side effects?
- Low blood sugar level
- Scars and lumps from extensive usage of insulin injection
- Rashes can be found in the area the insulin is injected or sometimes, all over the body
- Weight gain when you start using insulin initially
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.